Author Topic: I'm sure it's a coincidence  (Read 11199 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: I'm sure it's a coincidence
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 02:56:46 PM »
Bottom line is we don't own their oil and don't control it.  We pay for it, like everyone else.  That blows up the theory that we invaded to steal their oil.  It makes no sense.

And regarding "managing the pipeline," you have already admitted you don't know anything about these "secret" contracts.  You cannot rationally discuss/debate a contract you know nothing about or claim we went to war so a private U.S. company could obtain this "secret" contract. 

Feels like I've said this before.   :-\   

If we're doing it for oil, that's FINE... just get my gas price down to 99 cents please... Hello... Congress... can you hear me?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 03:07:45 PM »
there are plenty of self-loathing Americans

f'em

True. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »
As if the facts actually matter in 240's imaginary world of crazed evil US domination and repression.  Some people will believe whatever they want, rather than letting the facts make up their mind for them.  Again, if this is a war for oil, we're losing badly.  Is fuel getting any cheaper for anyone here?

You're right.  The facts don't really matter to many on this subject. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 03:09:50 PM »
If we're doing it for oil, that's FINE... just get my gas price down to 99 cents please... Hello... Congress... can you hear me?

lol.  Well, my gas is under $3 a gallon, so at least I don't feel like cussing every time I fill up.   :-\  I hate the oil company cabal. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 03:19:53 PM »
if this is a war for oil, we're losing badly.

"ExxonMobil Sets Record for Annual U.S. Company Profit, at $39.5 Billion"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249326,00.html

There I go again with one of my far-left news sources.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 03:21:41 PM »

lol.  Private oil company makes record profits, which validates the claim that the United States government started the war to steal Iraq's oil.  Riiiight.  ::)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 03:23:04 PM »
lol.  Well, my gas is under $3 a gallon, so at least I don't feel like cussing every time I fill up.   :-\  I hate the oil company cabal. 

What else is interesting is how 240 harps on about the cost of the war, then in the same breath, tells us it's a clever plot to steal resources that have now (supposedly) cost us a fortune and we haven't even seen yet.  If this is the case, then why create a constitution for Iraq and Afghanistan? Why hold elections?
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 03:24:02 PM »
lol.  Private oil company makes record profits, which validates the claim that the United States government started the war to steal Iraq's oil.  Riiiight.  ::)

"Cheney defends refusal to hand over energy task force notes"

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/01/27/enron/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 03:24:45 PM »

US oil reserves are growing nicely.  US oil companies are getting rich.  US gas prices are low.  OPEC suddenly has no power.  DOW is doing super thanks to low mnfg/dist costs that come with low fuel costs.

I'm sure all these new and wild things have nothing to do with the fact we're managing their oil.  Riiiight.  ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 03:25:28 PM »

oil comapnies get $.08 a gallon on average, the government gets $.48 on average. Think Pelosi will push the senate to give some back?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 03:25:39 PM »
What else is interesting is how 240 harps on about the cost of the war, then in the same breath, tells us it's a clever plot to steal resources that have now (supposedly) cost us a fortune and we haven't even seen yet.  If this is the case, then why create a constitution for Iraq and Afghanistan? Why hold elections?

because the leaders cannot remove us, until the war is over.  as long as there's a perpetual cost of war, we are there.

We haven't seen any of the fortune yet?  I disagree.  See my last post.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 03:25:47 PM »
US oil reserves are growing nicely.  US oil companies are getting rich.  US gas prices are low.  OPEC suddenly has no power.  DOW is doing super thanks to low mnfg/dist costs that come with low fuel costs.

I'm sure all these new and wild things have nothing to do with the fact we're managing their oil.  Riiiight.  ::)

Oh brother, welcome to the real world.
Thread Killer

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 03:26:23 PM »
"Cheney defends refusal to hand over energy task force notes"

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/01/27/enron/

right back to CNN huh? commie
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 03:28:04 PM »

oil comapnies get $.08 a gallon on average, the government gets $.48 on average. Think Pelosi will push the senate to give some back?

militarymuscle, you just made my point :)

If the US Govt makes 6 times what exxon makes on oil, then that means the US just made $240 in oil profits in 2006.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 03:29:20 PM »
because the leaders cannot remove us, until the war is over.  as long as there's a perpetual cost of war, we are there.

We haven't seen any of the fortune yet?  I disagree.  See my last post.

Do you understand that a public company is separate from the US government?  Also recognise the thousands of 'mom and pop' (as you guys call them) investors that have something to retire on from the successes of such companies.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
right back to CNN huh? commie

I thought I would point out the disgustingness of this.  A deployed US soldier is calling someone a "commie" because he disagrees with him.

If a civilian was calling a soldier that terrible name, it'd be anti-troop, it'd be newsworthy, it's be cowardice.

But the soldier calling an American civilian a "commie"... is that okay?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 03:29:45 PM »
militarymuscle, you just made my point :)

If the US Govt makes 6 times what exxon makes on oil, then that means the US just made $240 in oil profits in 2006.

Ok, so tell me as soon as Hillary and Nancy cut fuel tax and give it back to the people....I could use it
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 03:31:27 PM »
The United States government does not control, or profit from, Afghanistan's or Iraq's oil.  So, yes, we failed if our goal was to steal their oil. 

BB, military muscle pointed out:

This refutes your statement, Beacy:
The United States government does not control, or profit from, Afghanistan's or Iraq's oil.  So, yes, we failed if our goal was to steal their oil. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007, 04:06:23 PM »

But the American firms that drill for the stuff do and in turn pump dollars back into the economy. Who gave these firms the contracts to manage Iraq? The government did of course.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 04:15:26 PM »
But the American firms that drill for the stuff do and in turn pump dollars back into the economy. Who gave these firms the contracts to manage Iraq? The government did of course.

And who benfits from the increased tax revenue from the success of American companies?  And who is motivated to finacially back campaigns for people who will further the interests?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 04:17:38 PM »

We didn't need a war for the oil companies to rape the American consumer.  The oil companies make profits whether we are at war or peace.  It just doesn't add up.    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »
We didn't need a war for the oil companies to rape the American consumer.  The oil companies make profits whether we are at war or peace.  It just doesn't add up.    

I would like to see exxon's profits during the war, vs. in times of peace.  anyone have that laid out from 90 to 2007 handy?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2007, 04:23:02 PM »
And who benfits from the increased tax revenue from the success of American companies?  And who is motivated to finacially back campaigns for people who will further the interests?

Corporations don't pay much in taxes.  The good ones anyway.   :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2007, 04:30:53 PM »
Whenever my utter pessimism about the fate of humanity starts to flag, I remind myself: "If they're this ruthless about stealing the last oil, what atrocities won't they commit when drinkable water starts to run out?"

Las Vegas is going to be our test case on that.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2007, 04:31:13 PM »

A corporation can pump money into the economy by means other then taxes. More profits by big companies = higher spending and overall demand in the economy.