Author Topic: I'm sure it's a coincidence  (Read 11171 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: I'm sure it's a coincidence
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »
Was not directed at u.....The dems may not have gone in..either why that doesn't matter. The tone of the posts here seem to me that some would perfer we loose. Some would perfer that we loose our staus in the world....guess what die in a fire...we're number one because at one time we used to care about winning. America has done a hell of alot more good then evil. Most of the world is killing themselves to get here.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
Dude, alot of people are now debating whether we should go with a strong man we can keep from massacring his people. I don't believ u can foster democracy on people who u don't understand the concept. Mistakes have been made but there is no cookie cutter solution. It doesn't matter at this point whether we should have gone..we have to fix the problems and win.

They need to stop debating and just do it.

In any nation in the world - if 120+ were being killed a day - the leader would be OUT.

Or, they could let someone like Franks or McCaffrey go in as a civvie and just let martial law reign and rain as he executed everyone who failed the insurgent polygraph.  Problem solved in 60 days.

You feel me?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »
Was not directed at u.....The dems may not have gone in..either why that doesn't matter. The tone of the posts here seem to me that some would perfer we loose. Some would perfer that we loose our staus in the world....guess what die in a fire...we're number one because at one time we used to care about winning. America has done a hell of alot more good then evil. Most of the world is killing themselves to get here.

I keep saying it... I don't think we're trying to win.

Our generals used to be badass.  I'm talking a 10-to-1 Clauswitz requirement for invasion.  We'd crush them.  Then, we would set up the govt, and leave.  Our presence would be downright scary.  Insurgents would think about it but would know we'd bomb their block if they sneezed. 

Something is different here.  Usually we leave the new govt with some great power and force.  We didn't do that.  Why?  The formula here is flawed and I am sure you see it, HH6.

As someone posted earlier, we do not turn over control of iraqi resources (oil of course) until the US has declared military victory. 

Is there motive to NOT win yet? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2007, 08:50:29 PM »
Yeah like i said 30 days and no media and we're good..I'll give u ur 60..but we both know we would never do that. Besides nobody wants this guys' job. He's a target. I'm pretty sure nobody is happy with this guy but until we find a better guy we're stuck.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
Yeah like i said 30 days and no media and we're good..I'll give u ur 60..but we both know we would never do that. Besides nobody wants this guys' job. He's a target. I'm pretty sure nobody is happy with this guy but until we find a better guy we're stuck.

I contend that there are better guys available.

We're paying guys 1-2K a DAY to be there, experienced guys.  Bremer - he did a wonderful job there, right?  Get someone with balls in there.  If no results in 30 days, kick them out.  Watch how motivated they get when they leave they have 30 days to win the job.

(FYI - I read today records show that the first plane to hit the twin towers actually precisely hit a compter server room owned by Bremer and his partner.  What are the chances? toodles!)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2007, 09:03:57 PM »
By the way the Dems voted to go into Iraq as well.

Yes, I noted that in my previous post... I'm simply saying... with the climate at the time, who wouldn't vote for that?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2007, 09:19:46 PM »
Yes, I noted that in my previous post... I'm simply saying... with the climate at the time, who wouldn't vote for that?

True history and time are wonderful things.
Z

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2007, 09:24:41 PM »
True history and time are wonderful things.

Yes, they most certainly are... but that doesn't make certain things any less factual.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2007, 06:13:28 AM »
Yes, they most certainly are... but that doesn't make certain things any less factual.

Yes it does.
History is written by the winners.
Also time lends to analysis of the past.

People making decisions don't know what the outcome is before they start.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2007, 06:23:10 AM »
WASHINGTON, DC—Despite, or perhaps because of, rising fuel prices, the unpopularity of the U.S. presence in Iraq, and mounting legal problems surrounding his administration, President Bush informed his Cabinet Monday that he is unworried about his place in history, White House sources said. "I'm telling you, pretty soon some things are going to develop so that I won't have history to worry about any longer," Bush said. "History may be written by the winners, but it doesn't get written at all if all of human language is lost in, say, fire storms, right? So I can still get off the hook." Although troubles faced by his presidency have been relatively recent, sources said they believed Bush's plan had been put into motion long before he had even taken office.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2007, 06:23:52 AM »
WASHINGTON, DC—Despite, or perhaps because of, rising fuel prices, the unpopularity of the U.S. presence in Iraq, and mounting legal problems surrounding his administration, President Bush informed his Cabinet Monday that he is unworried about his place in history, White House sources said. "I'm telling you, pretty soon some things are going to develop so that I won't have history to worry about any longer," Bush said. "History may be written by the winners, but it doesn't get written at all if all of human language is lost in, say, fire storms, right? So I can still get off the hook." Although troubles faced by his presidency have been relatively recent, sources said they believed Bush's plan had been put into motion long before he had even taken office.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/52331

:)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2007, 06:25:52 AM »
Wash Post:
Asked by Woodward how history would judge the war, Bush replied: "History. We don't know. We'll all be dead."

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2007, 06:40:31 AM »

WHAT THE HELL?  ???
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2007, 07:05:15 AM »
Whenever my utter pessimism about the fate of humanity starts to flag, I remind myself: "If they're this ruthless about stealing the last oil, what atrocities won't they commit when drinkable water starts to run out?"

We can do our part right now to conserve and preserve earth's most precious resource.
By using Eco-SheenTM, you can clean, seal, polish, and protect your car ...ALL without water.

then after that what about when air starts running out?   ;)

That's already happened. Thanks to clear cutting of the Amazon for cattle farming, our air has less oxygen than it did a hundred years ago. As a planet, we're are slowly suffocating.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2007, 07:06:23 AM »
A few guys ..the Army chief of staff at the time, Shinseki, had called for 400,000 to garrison Iraq. There was alot of looting and no plan to rebuild the ifrastructure quickly. Mistakes were made but guess what the demms would have made the same mistakes. They would have listened to the same guys and come to the same conclusions.

WTF? Oh Pluleaze! Now you're saying the Dems would have listened to the same guys?

The administration didn't listen to anyone. they dictated what the intelligence was to read. If the connections weren't found, it was considered inadequate and unrelated bits & pieces were cherry-picked to fit the agenda, or manufactured all together.

The only way the Dems would have listened to the same guys would have been if Bush/Cheney was in the oval office dictating intelligence reports. You insult not only the reader... but yourself in making that allegation.

I don't get American self loathing..this is the greatest country in the world. Ribo listed a few countries he went to. Most were European and don't count. One in  central american and 1...Egypt. Love to know why he was there..vaction etc. Anyway..most of the rest of the world is a shithole where life is very cheap. I can't wait to get back to the states.

What you call American self-loathing, are Americans taking a look at what's wrong, and coming to an understanding of how a bunch of psychotic SOBs landed their country in a huge mess, destroyed another country, and set off a chain reaction that puts themselves and everyone else on the planet in harms way. that's not American self-loathing. That's the first step to making a difference and turning your nation back on the right track

You must be getting desperate.

...only 2 more days...  :-*
w

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2007, 07:06:44 AM »
WHAT THE HELL?  ???
Look at the source.

Everyone should know what the Onion is. It is a comedy newspaper.
http://www.theonion.com/content/

They usually post some funny stuff.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2007, 07:17:07 AM »
in 1999, they posted that the Supreme Court had ruled the American people too stupid to vote, and as a result would no longer have the right to decide who became president.  Guess what happened in your next two presidential elections?  :D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2007, 07:28:15 AM »
in 1999, they posted that the Supreme Court had ruled the American people too stupid to vote, and as a result would no longer have the right to decide who became president.  Guess what happened in your next two presidential elections?  :D

The people were actually very smart, particularly those Tennessee voters, who refused to vote for Al Gore (who is from Tennessee) and hence cost him the 2000 election. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2007, 07:41:05 AM »
The people were actually very smart, particularly those Tennessee voters, who refused to vote for Al Gore (who is from Tennessee) and hence cost him the 2000 election. 

Do you feel like the American people are - overall - a smart and politically saavy group?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2007, 08:26:53 AM »
Do you feel like the American people are - overall - a smart and politically saavy group?

{phew} Thank Goodness you directed that question towards BeachBum.  ;D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2007, 09:22:45 AM »
{phew} Thank Goodness you directed that question towards BeachBum.  ;D

do you think he'll answer?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2007, 05:06:22 PM »

Unlike you, I don't believe most Americans are stupid. 

240 on January 31, 2007, 08:20:01 AM:
In terms of understanding politics, history, and economics, most americans are stupid.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »
Most Americans are unaware.  Do you think that most americans spend 1+ hours a day studying the issues and current events like we do here?

Does that keep your little pink panties in less of a bunch?

damn, you're acting more like a pussy every day, beachy.  For a guy who condones sending our men to referee a war and bleed unnecessarily, you sure do get pissy when someone suggests we're collectively not the most aware bunch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »
Most Americans are unaware.  Do you think that most americans spend 1+ hours a day studying the issues and current events like we do here?

Does that keep your little pink panties in less of a bunch?

damn, you're acting more like a pussy every day, beachy.  For a guy who condones sending our men to referee a war and bleed unnecessarily, you sure do get pissy when someone suggests we're collectively not the most aware bunch.

You're too arrogant for your own good son.  You're who said "most Americans are stupid."  You think too highly of yourself and you need to get over yourself. 

Hey what is this week's conspiracy?  O.J."?  Search for the real killer?   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2007, 05:22:47 PM »
You're too arrogant for your own good son.  You're who said "most Americans are stupid."  You think too highly of yourself and you need to get over yourself. 

Hey what is

People who call others "son" have an inferiority complex.

They believe they can try to attain this alpha male position by telling everyone "I am at the level of this man's father!"

Or, it's just plain trashy.