Author Topic: '93 Labrada underrated?  (Read 9446 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Flex wheler 93' overrated??
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2007, 01:15:57 AM »

If thats true I wonder how he landed onstage at 4% bodyfat? must have eaten like slob tob gain 4% bodyfat in 48 hours.  ::)

Flex deserved 3rd place at the 1993 Mr O. Dorian and Shawn were better that day. Most people, a the time of the show, had Shawn placing second.

Romanticizing over contest photos 14 years after the show doesnt change the fact that Flex was the 3rd best bodybuilder on the stage that night.

What makes you think he was 4%? The only time Flex was 4% bf was during a heavy bulking phase,and I doubt he went that high even then. ::)  The only reason he lost that show was because of politics...he was 0.0% bf.This has been verified by Jim Quinn,who witnesed the measurement. This is all common knowlege.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2007, 07:32:26 AM »
This has been verified by Jim Quinn

hahahahaha....

Hope this helps.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2007, 07:36:55 AM »

If thats true I wonder how he landed onstage at 4% bodyfat? must have eaten like slob tob gain 4% bodyfat in 48 hours.  ::)

Flex deserved 3rd place at the 1993 Mr O. Dorian and Shawn were better that day. Most people, a the time of the show, had Shawn placing second.

Romanticizing over contest photos 14 years after the show doesnt change the fact that Flex was the 3rd best bodybuilder on the stage that night.

flex was alotta hype that year.  Ray beat him and Labrada might have been able to beat him at that show.  Flex was good but he was soft-for him and Labrada and Ray were on.  Personally I'd have put Lee ahead of Flex at that show.

if I remember right Flex had the same problems that would pague him for his entire pro career, soft hams and glutes, no calves.....there were no weaknesses on Ray and Labrada that year, except for lack of height.
nasser=piece of shit

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2007, 07:41:42 AM »
What makes you think he was 4%? The only time Flex was 4% bf was during a heavy bulking phase,and I doubt he went that high even then. ::)  The only reason he lost that show was because of politics...he was 0.0% bf.This has been verified by Jim Quinn,who witnesed the measurement. This is all common knowlege.

I dont think Flex ever had a visible glute or hamstring striation. How could he be zero percent bodyfat and have soft hams and glutes?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 07:43:27 AM »

if I remember right Flex had the same problems that would pague him for his entire pro career, soft hams and glutes, no calves....

yes....and he had some serious mental issues too

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 07:44:41 AM »
I dont think Flex ever had a visible glute or hamstring striation. How could he be zero percent bodyfat and have soft hams and glutes?

I think if Flex ever had them it would have been at the 96 NOC or his last Arnold win, he was in really good shape for both of thoe from what i remember.
nasser=piece of shit

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 07:46:52 AM »

yes....and he had some serious mental issues too

Jon Hotten put it best...

"Instead, Flex Wheeler had the genetics of Flex Wheeler. He also had the brain of Flex Wheeler, and that wasn't necessarily a good thing. Flex was an almost heroic failure... By his own admission, he was a lost soul. And things were only going to get worse for him." - Muscle, p. 62

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »
Jon Hotten put it best...

"Instead, Flex Wheeler had the genetics of Flex Wheeler. He also had the brain of Flex Wheeler, and that wasn't necessarily a good thing. Flex was an almost heroic failure... By his own admission, he was a lost soul. And things were only going to get worse for him." - Muscle, p. 62

i remember reading the coverage of the 96 candadian cup where Ronnie beat flex for the first time.  Flex-if I remember right-showed up the day before the show and Charles Glass was busting his balls trying to get rid of water from flex's hams and glutes and they quoted him as saying "at least he could have cared enough to show up and do this right" or something like that.  Think if Flex trained as hard as Ronnie....holy cow.
nasser=piece of shit

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2007, 07:54:29 AM »
I think if Flex ever had them it would have been at the 96 NOC or his last Arnold win, he was in really good shape for both of thoe from what i remember.

I was at the 96 NOC, sat in the 4th row...Flex didnt have the ham/glute hardness there either.  Being there in person I can honestly say that Coleman should have won that show.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2007, 07:59:09 AM »
I was at the 96 NOC, sat in the 4th row...he didnt have the ham/glute hardness there either.  Being there in person I can honestly say that Coleman should have won that show.

I thought Ronnie was awsome back then, moreso than now.  Almost perfect that year.
nasser=piece of shit

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 08:15:43 AM »
I thought Ronnie was awsome back then, moreso than now.  Almost perfect that year.

One thing that you would never know about the 1996 NOC is that Mike Mattarazzo (who was top 5) nearly got shoved off the stage by Gunter Schlierkamp during a very rough posedown at the end of the muscularity round.

Mike was up there pounding his chest like a gorilla and flexing... others came down to posedown with him before the morning show ended.

Gunter, who was about 290lb came down to and Mike tried to lever him off with his arm. Gunter did the same and was a much more effective lever. Mike nearly fell off the stage head first. Good thing Gunter let up when he did. It was at that show that I realized just how big Gunter was...back then his legs looked inhuman...they overpowered his upper body.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: '93 Labrada underrated?
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2007, 08:18:30 AM »
I met him once back stage and thought he was very arrogant. He was back stage pumping up to guest pose and he would not talk to anyone, but he definately liked being the center of attention.  ::)

Sounds like your stereotypical guido.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 08:55:24 AM »
One thing that you would never know about the 1996 NOC is that Mike Mattarazzo (who was top 5) nearly got shoved off the stage by Gunter Schlierkamp during a very rough posedown at the end of the muscularity round.

Mike was up there pounding his chest like a gorilla and flexing... others came down to posedown with him before the morning show ended.

Gunter, who was about 290lb came down to and Mike tried to lever him off with his arm. Gunter did the same and was a much more effective lever. Mike nearly fell off the stage head first. Good thing Gunter let up when he did. It was at that show that I realized just how big Gunter was...back then his legs looked inhuman...they overpowered his upper body.

they had pics of that back in flex I think.  MD had Metzer write up a contest report and it was terrible, he went on and on about how much BB sucked and ripped on Matazzaro.  Later during the year Matazzaro got in Metzer's face and went off on him.

wasn't Don Long in 3rd at that NOC?
nasser=piece of shit

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »
Mattarazzo was a smaller than ever at that show. But Mentzer saw he was "gaunt and emaciated". That was totally rude. Mike was ripped and look good but he did over diet.

Menzter also said that the only guys in the 96 NOC with a real futre in bodybuilding were Ronnie, Flex and Gunter (who Mike said looked like a nazi). In a way, he was right about those 3.

Don Long was indeed third. He looked good. Milos was 4th I think.

It was Achim Albrect's last pro show....and Gary Strydoms come back show.

Jocyllin Politeir (sp) was there too!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 09:09:32 AM »
Mattarazzo was a smaller than ever at that show. But Mentzer saw he was "gaunt and emaciated". That was totally rude. Mike was ripped and look good but he did over diet.

Menzter also said that the only guys in the 96 NOC with a real futre in bodybuilding were Ronnie, Flex and Gunter (who Mike said looked like a nazi). In a way, he was right about those 3.

Don Long was indeed third. He looked good. Milos was 4th I think.

It was Achim Albrect's last pro show....and Gary Strydoms come back show.

Jocyllin Politeir (sp) was there too!

I thought Gary looked pretty good at that show from the pics I've seen.  I've also seen pics of Ed Kawak that looked good and Phil Herndon looked like a monster but that's back when being ripped meant something and Phil wasn't ripped for that show.
nasser=piece of shit

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 09:21:17 AM »
I thought Gary looked pretty good at that show from the pics I've seen.  I've also seen pics of Ed Kawak that looked good and Phil Herndon looked like a monster but that's back when being ripped meant something and Phil wasn't ripped for that show.

Phil dwarfed everybody. HUGE. I sat next to his ex-wife...she was calling him Phillip! "Come on Phillip" lol

I saw Kawak rush in through the lobby right before prejudging. He was in shape. he was the first guy onstage too....the competitors were all supposed to get on stage and line up....but he came out and nobody else followed...so he stould there alone for a few seconds...he wasnt sure why nobody else was onstage... he lost his patience and then just started hitting shots. the crowd was into it.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 09:22:16 AM »
Sounds like your stereotypical guido.

Lee is at least half Hispanic....not Italian

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2007, 09:28:59 AM »
Phil dwarfed everybody. HUGE. I sat next to his ex-wife...she was calling him Phillip! "Come on Phillip" lol

I saw Kawak rush in through the lobby right before prejudging. He was in shape. he was the first guy onstage too....the competitors were all supposed to get on stage and line up....but he came out and nobody else followed...so he stould there alone for a few seconds...he wasnt sure why nobody else was onstage... he lost his patience and then just started hitting shots. the crowd was into it.

kawak was still getting punished for doing the NABBA Pro Universe, he got one of those lifetime bans from the IFBB but got back in somehow so he was getting what the WBF guys got.  He looked great from the pics I've seen.
nasser=piece of shit

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2007, 11:14:29 AM »

Flex Wheeler

Jim Quinn

Gold's Gym

0.0%

Can't deny the facts  ::)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »
   Flex Wheeler

Jim Quinn

Gold's Gym

0.0%

nor can you deny that Flex had fat on his hams and glutes....so our observations overide Jim Quinn's word.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:36 AM »
   Flex Wheeler

Jim Quinn

Gold's Gym

0.0%

alexxx

Mr. Olympia

Getbig.com

Can't deny the "facts".  ::)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
nor can you deny that Flex had fat on his hams and glutes....so our observations overide Jim Quinn's word.

your observations are shit. This is common knowledge ::)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2007, 12:07:41 PM »
  your observations are shit. This is common knowledge ::)

Ok Im now quite sure that you are joking. Nobody could be as foolish are you are pretending to be.

For somebody to have zero fat would be absurd and you know this.

EVERY SINGLE CELL in the human body has a cell membrane made of fat.

No Fat = No Life

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »
gtbro is the man, and I agree with him 100%
follow the arrows

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2007, 12:12:19 PM »
gtbro is the man, and I agree with him 100%

How can anyone say FLEX WHEELER was out of shape in the 93 olympia?