Author Topic: ROFLMAO!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?  (Read 6631 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: ROFLMAO!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »
Bench raw, bench shirts are like Synthol in bodybuilding, fucking retarded.
you tell 'em big guy. ::)

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 04:01:05 PM »
How is it like synthol?  THere is raw contests and shirted contests.  Last time I checked there were no synthol contests compared to non synthol contests.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 04:15:15 PM »
Maybe the guy was trying to turn a flat bench press into a decline. Looks like an ass though

ya...I was thinking that too.   Why not just do a decline?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »

i know where you're coming from (synthol is fake muscle, the shirt adds to the lift), but it's not quite right. think of it more like a curved hockey stick or carefully engineered running shoes. football pads/gloves/stickum, or that one-piece swimsuit that was engineered in the 1980s with a lubricant to make that girl in the olympics swim a lot faster.

in addition, these are legal, unlike synthol. you don't get penalized for wearing one, they're par for the course. also, and you'll just have to trust me on this, although a shirt or a suit lets you lift more, it's a hell of a lot harder.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »
i know where you're coming from (synthol is fake muscle, the shirt adds to the lift), but it's not quite right. think of it more like a curved hockey stick or carefully engineered running shoes. football pads/gloves/stickum, or that one-piece swimsuit that was engineered in the 1980s with a lubricant to make that girl in the olympics swim a lot faster.

in addition, these are legal, unlike synthol. you don't get penalized for wearing one, they're par for the course. also, and you'll just have to trust me on this, although a shirt or a suit lets you lift more, it's a hell of a lot harder.
yeah i remember reading Louie Simmons making almost that exact same argument, he's right, in every other sport you have advances in equipment yet PL'ing was staying behind.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 04:27:35 PM »
yeah i remember reading Louie Simmons making almost that exact same argument, he's right, in every other sport you have advances in equipment yet PL'ing was staying behind.

truth be told i prefer training raw, and until this contest was coming up i didn't use my shit much at all. and you'll notice i never use my equipped numbers when i'm talking about how strong i am around here unless it's to someone else who lifts with the gear (such as not saying my bench was 460 in the adonis challege even though i've done it in a denim shirt).

here's my man, brian siders, lifting raw at the NERB.

on the other hand, it's one of those things you just have to try out for yourself. it really is fun as hell and turns it into more of a technique sport, which is why i think i'll stick with it.  8)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »
you are so delusional mr magoo. its pretty sad that all you care about is numbers and that you have to use some gay shirt to help you get more numbers.

you need to concentrate on building your self up and leaning out and being healthy, why go down this path of retartedness being a fat ass with very visable jelly roles in your shirt..

hope this helps
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 05:45:46 PM »
you are so delusional mr magoo. its pretty sad that all you care about is numbers and that you have to use some gay shirt to help you get more numbers.

you need to concentrate on building your self up and leaning out and being healthy, why go down this path of retartedness being a fat ass with very visable jelly roles in your shirt..

hope this helps

He looks like he fucking stinks.  Roly Polly Fat Stacks.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 05:50:43 PM »
hahaha! you guys are worst then girls.

"oh you're so like fat" ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 05:57:17 PM »
i'm still trying to figure out how i'm delusional when i have yet to say one inaccurate thing about myself. especially compared to waddy who said he could outlift a top WSM competitor or adam who claims he has proof he pulled 600 and can deadlift 225 for over 100 reps.  ???

waddy i'll give a break to because he's obviously joking around, but still.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 06:00:22 PM »
I guess the biggest problem is that this is a bodybuilding board and we are talking powerlifting here.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 06:05:07 PM »
I guess the biggest problem is that this is a bodybuilding board and we are talking powerlifting here.

exactly. a lot of these guys don't seem to get the concept that some people just like lifting, and shape/size/conditioning is a real secondary concern. you find the same on PL boards, guys who don't get why someone would lift just for looks.

when i was around 13 i remember seeing a guy bench 385 and thinking i'd rather be fat but strong than small and ripped. so here i am!  :D

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2007, 06:07:03 PM »
exactly. a lot of these guys don't seem to get the concept that some people just like lifting, and shape/size/conditioning is a real secondary concern. you find the same on PL boards, guys who don't get why someone would lift just for looks.

when i was around 13 i remember seeing a guy bench 385 and thinking i'd rather be fat but strong than small and ripped. so here i am!  :D
Just out of curiosity, what fed. Is the meet that you're doing?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2007, 06:12:52 PM »

coditioning=fitness=health if health is secondary then you are plain stupid
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2007, 06:14:02 PM »
exa

hahhaa you would rather be fat and strong? really that dumb? being fat=unhealthy i dont care how many oats and chicken breasts you eat or whatever being FAT is unhealthy
A

Stavios

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2007, 06:19:13 PM »
You do realize that you will be around 150 or so if you decided to diet down.

Will you fucking stop it with this non sense   ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what fed. Is the meet that you're doing?

IPA.

coditioning=fitness=health if health is secondary then you are plain stupid

for my size i'm in surprisingly good cardiovascular shape. i'm not going to be breaking any mile times, but my cholesterol's low, blood pressure's fine, and my heart rate is around 70bpm. i get checkups now and again, doc tells me that while i'm certainly "overweight" there's nothing in my numbers to indicate i'm unhealthy.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »
Another thing.  Get a new handoff guy.  It looks like you are practically taking that 455 out of the racks yourself.  The way he is standing(sideways) there is no way he can bring the bar out to where you can just go straight down to where you touch.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2007, 07:50:04 PM »
28% sounds possible, 30% is probably high, though. i'd be around the 200 mark at "contest condition", lower than that to account for water loss, which sounds fairly accurate.

Mother-fucker,

You wouldn`t be NEAR 200 lbs.

You are over 45 percent bodyfat.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
Another thing.  Get a new handoff guy.  It looks like you are practically taking that 455 out of the racks yourself.  The way he is standing(sideways) there is no way he can bring the bar out to where you can just go straight down to where you touch.

i don't actually have a "handoff guy" unfortunately. or at least i didn't, most of the time i was snagging anyone in the area who looked like they could actually be helpful. lately i've managed to get a somewhat-regular training parter, or at least a frequent handoff guy.

that's the other big problem, though. most guys don't realize "where" to let the bar go, so most of the time it starts over my face so i have to reposition myself before i can even start.