Author Topic: hip  (Read 2611 times)

homer77

• Getbig II
hip
« on: February 16, 2007, 07:50:02 AM »
about a month back i noticed a soreness in my left hip a day after training.  It has been lingering since then.  It hurts when I squat or do any presses.  Not to the point where I have to stop, but enough to ache for 2 or 3 days.  I iced and Ibeprophened and that helped a bit.  I dont like taking too much advil.  I was wondering if it was arthritic pain or muscular.  if im laying down and use my hip flexors to raise my leg it bothers me a tiny bit.  That leads me to muscular injury.  still not sure.  anyone else been in this boat?

homer77

• Getbig II
Re: hip
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:12:03 AM »
nothing
nobody has hip pains while squating?!

Mr. Intenseone

Re: hip
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 09:46:34 AM »
about a month back i noticed a soreness in my left hip a day after training.  It has been lingering since then.  It hurts when I squat or do any presses.  Not to the point where I have to stop, but enough to ache for 2 or 3 days.  I iced and Ibeprophened and that helped a bit.  I dont like taking too much advil.  I was wondering if it was arthritic pain or muscular.  if im laying down and use my hip flexors to raise my leg it bothers me a tiny bit.  That leads me to muscular injury.  still not sure.  anyone else been in this boat?

Tight hip rotators and/or flexors or tight IT band, before you train, take at least 10min for a warm-up, preferably a dynamic warm-up.