Author Topic: Planet Fitness Idiots Again!  (Read 11141 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Planet Fitness Idiots Again!
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »

What grounds would you have to sue?  If you signed a contract when joining agreeing to their st00pid rules, there's not much you can do.  (Other than not patronize their dumb gym anymore).

All kinds of grounds. These people are treading close when they make comments like. "This gym might not be for you" or "We go for a more leaner look at Planet Fitenss" They are discriminating against larger people. They may have certain "policies" but those policies can not supercede the law. It might be my policy not to serve blacks, but that is not legal. It's only a matter of time before some idiot they have working for them says the wrong thing to a "bigger" guy who happens to not want to put up with their discrimination. So many guys will complain, but no one really wants to so anything because of laziness. All they want to do is bitch about it. First time there is a law suit and there will be, it will be national news.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »
How about coffee grounds?  maybe the fair grounds?

All kinds of grounds. These people are treading close when they make comments like. "This gym might not be for you" or "We go for a more leaner look at Planet Fitenss" They are discriminating against larger people. They may have certain "policies" but those policies can not supercede the law. It might be my policy not to serve blacks, but that is not legal. It's only a matter of time before some idiot they have working for them says the wrong thing to a "bigger" guy who happens to not want to put up with their discrimination. So many guys will complain, but no one really wants to so anything because of laziness. All they want to do is bitch about it. First time there is a law suit and there will be, it will be national news.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »
How about coffee grounds?  maybe the fair grounds?

Damn, you shouda  been a lawyer or comedian or maybe both.  ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2007, 01:36:53 PM »
First time there is a law suit and there will be, it will be national news.

It's already happened. Some guy filed a lawsuit against Planet Fitness a few months back for grunting and getting kicked out. Made national news and all. Yet, haven't seen a fuckin' change. But believe me -- change or no change, I will NEVER join or set foot in that ridiculous gym.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »
It's already happened. Some guy filed a lawsuit against Planet Fitness a few months back for grunting and getting kicked out. Made national news and all. Yet, haven't seen a fuckin' change. But believe me -- change or no change, I will NEVER join or set foot in that ridiculous gym.

Wrong type of suit. Once they are hit with a discrimination suit it's change time for them as far as policies go.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2007, 02:20:32 PM »
Invite us all over m'phag   >:(

I'd invite you over, but not the rest of these homos.  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »

"larger people" aren't a protected class, blacks are.

Besides, nowhere did they say you couldn't work out there if you were "big", they said if you want to work out there you can't grunt while doing it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »

"larger people" aren't a protected class, blacks are.

Besides, nowhere did they say you couldn't work out there if you were "big", they said if you want to work out there you can't grunt while doing it.

I think you are missing my point. We both know that they are trying to keep out the bigger bodybuilder type guys. Anyone can sue whether they are a "protected class" or not. Win or lose when it does happen it will be bad for them either way.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »
i hate gyms like that anyways, thats how my gym is and it sucks, golds finally opens in a week but right now i have to just deal with it the next closes gym is far away. ive been yelled out 10 times for dropping weight while deadlifting and doing clings. but whats messed up is i can hear those fat circuit group instructors when i have my headphones on.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2007, 02:37:42 PM »
I think you are missing my point. We both know that they are trying to keep out the bigger bodybuilder type guys. Anyone can sue whether they are a "protected class" or not. Win or lose when it does happen it will be bad for them either way.

It will get tossed out by a judge before it ever sees a jury.  Juries decide disputed matters of fact, but judges decide matters of law.  As a matter of law, you can discriminate on any basis you want, except:  race, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability status, and (in some places) sexual orientation.  You can discriminate against poor people by charging a $20k initiation fee, you can discriminate against smokers by not allowing smoking, and you can discriminate against the fashion impaired by putting a dress code in place.  You can even discriminate in your pricing, on the basis of things like volume or other purchased services.  Discrimination based on things other than membership in a protected class happens every day, and is completely legal and not actionable.

Hope this helps.

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »
It will get tossed out by a judge before it ever sees a jury.  Juries decide disputed matters of fact, but judges decide matters of law.  As a matter of law, you can discriminate on any basis you want, except:  race, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability status, and (in some places) sexual orientation.  You can discriminate against poor people by charging a $20k initiation fee, you can discriminate against smokers by not allowing smoking, and you can discriminate against the fashion impaired by putting a dress code in place.  You can even discriminate in your pricing, on the basis of things like volume or other purchased services.  Discrimination based on things other than membership in a protected class happens every day, and is completely legal and not actionable.

Hope this helps.

That's well-said, Goatboy.  As always you remind me why I consider you one of my favorite Getbig! rabble-rousers :D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »

Hope this helps.

Ah, OK.  ::) First of all there are hundreds if not thousands of sham lawsuits per years and rarely do they ever get thrown out. The courts make their living hearing cases last I remember.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2007, 04:53:21 PM »
The problem a "bodybuilder" faces taking these guys to court is the judge.

White collar guys like that are planet fitness' main customers and 99% of judges would be biased in favour of the chain.

I'm not even mentioning the drug issue. Like an obviously roided guy would stand a chance in court on this...

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2007, 06:12:29 PM »

White collar guys like that are planet fitness' main customers and 99% of judges would be biased in favour of the chain.

I'm not even mentioning the drug issue. Like a obviously roided guy would stand a chance in court on this...

Agreed, plus it’s a condition of their membership policy. You know when joining what the policy is. Although I think the whole thing is ludicrous, I don’t think anyone would stand a chance in hell of winning a lawsuit against them.
and keep moving!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »
As stated, not a lot of sympathy stirred up by the "But they're discriminating against BODYBUILDERS" cry.

Planet Fitness is making money hand over fist from all of these suckers giving them 250K for each franchise. Of course most will go out of business, but they're laughing all the way to the bank. They will gladly outspend any private Joe looking for a lawsuit and would welcome the publicity, as it will only bring in more chumps who think these shitholes are a great business venture.

Special "Dundat" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2007, 12:06:21 AM »
what would make a funny video would be a guy loading up a smith machine at Planet fitness and then wrapping up his knees and do some loud ass yelling at the top of their lungs while squatting...But before he squats have a buddy slap him in the face 4 or 5 times and sniff some amonia all while chalking his back up....That shit would be gold

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2007, 12:16:46 AM »
what the fuck was that... i got sick to my stomach. :-\stupid fucking fat whore doing this report lame ass bitches they give a gym a bad name fuck them fuck them all  >:(

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2007, 01:55:19 AM »
what would make a funny video would be a guy loading up a smith machine at Planet fitness and then wrapping up his knees and do some loud ass yelling at the top of their lungs while squatting...But before he squats have a buddy slap him in the face 4 or 5 times and sniff some amonia all while chalking his back up....That shit would be gold

hahahaha @ the slapping part,and the sniffing amonia.  :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2007, 05:49:55 AM »

I'm not even mentioning the drug issue. Like an obviously roided guy would stand a chance in court on this...

Agreed up to a point. Regardless if the guy is gassed, it has no merit whatsoever in court. They can't just assume or speculate that he's gassed. He is taking Planet fitness to court because he grunted and was kicked out of the gym for it. Even natural guys will grunt or slightly moan when lifting a heavier weight. I hear women moaning in my gym when they are doing leg presses.

PB

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »
WOW...I thought people were kidding the first time I heard about these gyms that had these type of "RULES"... sadly the members who complained were FAT, GAY, SKINNY or WOMEN. Hmmmmmm let see which female has the vaginal odor that a man can complain about...let see which old fart has the bad breath odor from bad dentures that one can complain about, ..how about the old gay man with the supposed perfect form...can men complain that he is gawking lustfully at them??? While I am against any gym members dropping weights hard to draw attention to themselves...I agree if you pick it up then you better be able to put it down sensibly; but to get into this bullshit of grunting...or making any sound for that matter... IS RIDICULOUS.

I have always felt women should have their own gym or a gym should be segregated, because it is usually the women who complain about the gym atmosphere and members. If you don't like the gym or grunters or BIG muscle men or sweat...THEN GET THE HELL OUT A GO TO SOME PLACE LIKE LIVING WELL LADY, LUCILLE ROBERTS OR CURVES. The gay guy can go to some bath house somewhere to get laid and the old fart should be lucky he is alive and well enough to move around.

The gym policy should be...IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE NOISE STAY OUT OF THE GYM...
C

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 07:42:15 PM »
Two words: excessive sweating!
just push some weight!

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2007, 07:46:19 PM »
HAHAHAHA... I got in the mail today a flier to join Planet Fitness. Of course, they try to entice you with their $10/month membership. You better believe I threw that away quicker than Vince G. being announced last at a show.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »
HAHAHAHA... I got in the mail today a flier to join Planet Fitness. Of course, they try to entice you with their $10/month membership. You better believe I threw that away quicker than Vince G. being announced last at a show.
Dude you should have went just to set off the dumb ass alarm

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2007, 12:46:05 AM »

I swear to God if there were one here and it were only 10 dollars to join I would do it.It would be worth 10 bucks to go and set off that alarm and make an ass of myself. :)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2007, 01:37:56 AM »
The real answer here is for a boatload of huge roided-up bodybuilders to target one specific planet fitness, all show up together and simply work out there all day long.... using 10 lb dumbbells and reporting all the REGULAR members to the front desk...

The Luke