Author Topic: Is this shit worth it????????????  (Read 18984 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Is this shit worth it????????????
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2007, 07:16:54 PM »
Hey Squad, here's my opinion I'm no bodybuilder, but if its any food for thought ive been training MMA for 12 years on and off... I come home with horrible pain that i never have had before the last 3 years... Knees and elbows are really sore... I come home with lumps and bruises, like i get the shit kicked out of me sometimes... So bad that i cant sleep until like 3 or 4 in the morning like right now my neck is so sore from a bad role. But the real question is this, which hurts worse the pain from everyday exertion or the pain you would feel from not doing shit... or just lifting mildly... I hate how i feel but i would die if i didnt wake uyp everyday with another fucked up pain... Shit in the last year my hands have been loosing major grip control when relaxed from broken fingers and knuckles but 2morrow ill be right back in the gym...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2007, 08:21:32 PM »
Hey Squad, here's my opinion I'm no bodybuilder, but if its any food for thought ive been training MMA for 12 years on and off... I come home with horrible pain that i never have had before the last 3 years... Knees and elbows are really sore... I come home with lumps and bruises, like i get the shit kicked out of me sometimes... So bad that i cant sleep until like 3 or 4 in the morning like right now my neck is so sore from a bad role. But the real question is this, which hurts worse the pain from everyday exertion or the pain you would feel from not doing shit... or just lifting mildly... I hate how i feel but i would die if i didnt wake uyp everyday with another fucked up pain... Shit in the last year my hands have been loosing major grip control when relaxed from broken fingers and knuckles but 2morrow ill be right back in the gym...

No offense but this is no long-term answer.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2007, 12:29:26 AM »
HYPER-GRAVITY training is the answer.

planche holds and push ups, lever holds and pull ups, muscle up variations, iron cross, hspu variations (freestanding, to the chest, on platforms, or weighted), v-holds and raises, weighted leg raises, weighted pistols, weighted unilateral good mornings (other leg stays raised), [glute ham calf raise if available],

stair climbing

difficulty on all exercices  may be increased with weighted vests (I have a 100lbs vest), and ankle weights (I have 50lbs worth of ankle weights),

And I do drop sets by gradually increasing mechanical advantage (reducing torques) and / or dropping the vest and or ankle weights.

A vibration plate really adds some fun into the mix for the unilateral leg exercises and the pressing movements.

No joint pain, no risk of disc injury, even at high intensity.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=129610.0

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2007, 12:39:36 AM »
  I strained my AC joint at least 5 years ago....it still hurts on occcasion. I cannot bench press without pain,but I just do my best to work around it. I work out because I love how it makes me feel when I am done....don't know what it is,but even after a vomit inducing squat workout,once that initial sickness and fatigue are gone...THAT is the greatest feeling in the world...a natural high. I think once the negatives and pain start to outweigh that sense of acomplishment and satisfaction you get after a heavy workout...then I will say it isn't worth it...but until that happens, I say yes..it's worth it.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2007, 12:48:23 AM »
  I strained my AC joint at least 5 years ago....it still hurts on occcasion. I cannot bench press without pain,but I just do my best to work around it. I work out because I love how it makes me feel when I am done....don't know what it is,but even after a vomit inducing squat workout,once that initial sickness and fatigue are gone...THAT is the greatest feeling in the world...a natural high. I think once the negatives and pain start to outweigh that sense of acomplishment and satisfaction you get after a heavy workout...then I will say it isn't worth it...but until that happens, I say yes..it's worth it.

stop bench pressing...

you don't need it to get big and strong:

train right: 

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2007, 05:06:35 AM »
Yeah, make gymnasts are usually pretty big and lean. Their arms are usually pretty amazing. I wonder what they do to workout.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2007, 05:08:11 AM »
  It is their shoulder strength more than anything that amazes me.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »
  It is their shoulder strength more than anything that amazes me.

Great leg strength too... They wear weighted vests and do deep one legged squat jumps onto high platforms.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »
The pain of mediocrity is far worse than any pain training hard could cause.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2007, 12:12:01 PM »
The pain of mediocrity is far worse than any pain training hard could cause.

Agreed......

PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2007, 01:05:18 PM »
do any of you guys ever get tired of your knees, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists hurting on a daily basis, not being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor 90 percent of the time, i'm not feeling well today but it just got me thinking about all this pain i deal with on a daily basis, nothing really severe just annoying shit, i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death, what about you guys? just to let you know, i'm not responding to jokes and flames and bullshit so don't waste your time responding, you won't get a response.

I'm going through the same thing right now, and let me tell you, it doesn't get better with age.

I'm actually having thoughts of just saying "fuck lifting weights", especially on days when my shoulder sounds like a microwave with popcorn in it.

But I'll tell you what will happen.

I'll take a layoff, maybe even a long one. And the first time I walk into the gym after it I'll see everone still at it, hear the sounds of metal on metal echoing and all that good shit. Then I will get under some weight, bust it out, and be like Paul Newman at the end of "Color Of Money"

"I'm back baby!!!"

Sorry about that, guess what I'm tryin to say is take some time away, it won't kill you. Just the opposite actually.

Every time I take a layoff the fucking MINUTE I walk back into the gym I realize how much I truly love lifting weights

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »
nothing a little test, and deca can't fix ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »
nothing a little test, and deca can't fix ;D

I hear you SS.

The older i get the more my "natty" staus is in jeopardy. I'm sure any doc on earth would hit me off with some hrt.