Author Topic: Luke Wood ... There is still time  (Read 77900 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Luke Wood ... There is still time
« on: March 03, 2007, 11:58:40 AM »
mate you gotta start thinking about life after BB.

i have watched you since you came onto the scene (from state shows here in australia) and never thought you had the genes to make it real big....but you've proved me wrong by adding heaps of mass which has allowed you to win shows against better genetics.

but mate its showing now..mixing it with massive guys who have great genetics really shows where its at and you are WAY down the list im afraid. not from lack of trying...but dude get out now and start thinking about $ after BB.

put your gear money into education or investment and put the same passion into ''normal'' life and you'll be a winner.

but mate to me it's very obvious that you are flogging a dead horse here...

every show you do from now costs you a year of your life and wastes the income from that year..

IMO of course...

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: luke wood..there is still time
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
mate you gotta start thinking about life after BB.

i have watched you since you came onto the scene (from state shows here in australia) and never thought you had the genes to make it real big....but you've proved me wrong by adding heaps of mass which has allowed you to win shows against better genetics.

but mate its showing now..mixing it with massive guys who have great genetics really shows where its at and you are WAY down the list im afraid. not from lack of trying...but dude get out now and start thinking about $ after BB.

put your gear money into education or investment and put the same passion into ''normal'' life and you'll be a winner.

but mate to me it's very obvious that you are flogging a dead horse here...

every show you do from now costs you a year of your life and wastes the income from that year..

IMO of course...

Lukes a good dude, his and branches grainy massed phsyqiues arent beign rewarded of late.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 12:03:42 PM »
Oh NO!! This thread will make him really depressed. I am sorry for him.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:13:33 PM »
Yup, but grainy doesn't ever win contests. Prove me wrong.

imo, he went too fast w/ drugs and caught a case of Paloumboism.
Either that, or his recent illness really fucked him up...hopefully this is all it is.

hes just not in vogue imo, guys a beast.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 12:20:04 PM »
Could be, but throughout history, show me a guy who won because of grainyness.
Gaspari is the only guy I can think of who even came close.
Munzer is the other one I can think of (http://www.wpse.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/ThumbnailView.asp?iGalleryUnq=269)

imo, sacrificing size and lines to squeeze out that last bit of water to get insane condition, isn't worth it when it comes to judging.

Dorian Yates

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »
Luke Wood sucks.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 12:24:14 PM »
Luke Wood sucks.

How much wood would Luke Wood suck if Luke Wood would suck wood?

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 12:43:51 PM »

Luke needs to move to US full time.. To capitalise on his career he needs to be around the top quality drugs. Pics dont do him justice, to see him in offseason form/condition is mindblowing.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 12:45:10 PM »

Luke needs to move to US full time.. To capitalise on his career he needs to be around the top quality drugs. Pics dont do him justice, to see him in offseason form/condition is mindblowing.

I don't think more drugs would do him any good.

he should get off and get a job in lumbering.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 12:48:27 PM »

Maybe Boyer Coe could get him a job at his car insurance place.

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 12:51:43 PM »
I don't think more drugs would do him any good.

Its not the quantity.. Its the quality that is not available.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »
Its not the quantity.. Its the quality that is not available.

With more, i was also referring to a time line.  ;D ;D

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 02:16:53 AM »
I agree give it up...No offence but we had a tiler come to our place and looked better

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 03:38:47 AM »
I think Luke had regressed a little. I agree, he and every BB apart from Coleman should think about career choices once they retire from BBing.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »
I think Luke had regressed a little. I agree, he and every BB apart from Coleman should think about career choices once they retire from BBing.

well lets say coleman is making 200k a year from bb(thats a low estimate), why would he quit? to do what? become a cop making 45k a year??? coleman has regressed from his former self thats for sure, but he will stay in it as long as he is making money, just like any smart human being would be doing.
real men= no rubbers

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »
well lets say coleman is making 200k a year from bb(thats a low estimate), why would he quit? to do what? become a cop making 45k a year??? coleman has regressed from his former self thats for sure, but he will stay in it as long as he is making money, just like any smart human being would be doing.
with the amount of gear coleman takes i'd say he wont really have much of a future

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »
luke has great genetics its just a matter of bringing everything together.
irongearco.com

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 03:57:47 PM »

True, but with 8 Olympia wins and supposed money from sponsors over the years, I'd imagine he'd have enough to retire and live off for the next 20 years or so.

400kwgtr

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »
I am Australian and very proud to see Luke representing his country. I wish him the best. He is doing the best he can do with his genetics. I actually work with a guy who used to work with Luke and Rocket Rod tells stories about how much of a nice guy he is. Years ago he would talk about one day being Mr Australia and he achieved that. Luke is a champion and just cause he gets last place at the greatest bodybuilding competition in the world doesn't mean that he is any less of a champion. Rod tells stories about how Luke used to sit in the back of the truck and eat all day long, and have to get out to go to the toilet all day long as well. Good luck to you Luke.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 07:29:59 PM »
Luke is indeed a great guy and he still has margins to improve a lot.
I can see him placing higher in the future.

AVBG

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 07:31:49 PM »
I am Australian and very proud to see Luke representing his country. I wish him the best. He is doing the best he can do with his genetics. I actually work with a guy who used to work with Luke and Rocket Rod tells stories about how much of a nice guy he is. Years ago he would talk about one day being Mr Australia and he achieved that. Luke is a champion and just cause he gets last place at the greatest bodybuilding competition in the world doesn't mean that he is any less of a champion. Rod tells stories about how Luke used to sit in the back of the truck and eat all day long, and have to get out to go to the toilet all day long as well. Good luck to you Luke.

well said.. Luke is  8)

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 08:52:10 PM »
luke has great genetics its just a matter of bringing everything together.

Nah, his genetic bone structure just doesn't mix with the best I'm afraid.... sure, he has the genetics to pack on a heap of muscle...

No matter 'how much he brings it together' he will always have that weird looking frame.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 09:12:27 PM »
Nah, his genetic bone structure just doesn't mix with the best I'm afraid.... sure, he has the genetics to pack on a heap of muscle...

No matter 'how much he brings it together' he will always have that weird looking frame.

no matter how you look at it his frame and genetics were good enough to get a pro card and that says alot
irongearco.com

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 11:12:25 PM »

define 'weird'

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 11:36:10 PM »
hardly...I'm talking about guys who everyone says "ohhh, such conditioning! such graininess!"

Yates was a '90s mass monster.

Gaspari and Munzer were 2 who got the above comments.
??? ???
You have no idea what grainy and dry are if you think Dorian wasnt..