Author Topic: How do I ask a girl out?  (Read 6954 times)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: How do I ask a girl out?
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »
Well I am a short, ugly, shy guy with very low self esteem. I usually get nervous and freeze around girls I'm attracted to. I know I need to do something about it and ask a girl out or I will be alone forever. So how should I ask a girl out? I don't want to appear like a player or a pervert or a sleaze either because I'm not.

Low self esteem. As long as you suffer from that you ain't going anywhere. You must love yourself first. Think only good about yourself. You're as short and ugly as you think you are. Stop that!

You have to take the first step...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

Darlin', that's my theory about the survival of the fittest.
Nice story.

I guess he was the boss
and since she was only 21, she'll learn

xLinda

ps:  boy who started this thread, just tell her she's beautiful, she'll love that.
Take it from there...

No, he was 21, she was 40.

Low self esteem. As long as you suffer from that you ain't going anywhere. You must love yourself first. Think only good about yourself. You're as short and ugly as you think you are. Stop that!

You have to take the first step...

Exactly, if you don't believe in yourself, why should others?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 03:45:52 PM »
Low Self Esteem- Make yourself feel good about yourself first. Get your OWN spirits up. Do some of the stuff YOU
enjoy. Try and go try learn some new thing. Snowboard, rockclimb? be creative.
As far as "asking girls out" First, you have to Meet them and get them talking to you and comfortable with you.  Women really big on trust & secure.

Straight up Asking out cold has a dismal success ratio.
If you can meet  girls cold and get them comfortable to give you their #s  is  much more realistic.

Just try to learn to talk to everyone where you go a little bit. It'll Carry over in confidence.

Don't be intimidated by attractive women. Hair, makeup and dress go a long way on a average girl.
Illusion.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 04:06:45 PM »
Well I am a short, ugly, shy guy with very low self esteem. I usually get nervous and freeze around girls I'm attracted to. I know I need to do something about it and ask a girl out or I will be alone forever. So how should I ask a girl out? I don't want to appear like a player or a pervert or a sleaze either because I'm not.
r you rich?

if not..i dont really know how how ya get confidence..well one way to get it to get just on the roids mayne..
bbing is full of busted faces with great bodies..and being shot actually helps..

thats sounds crude..but its good advice man..
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
Don't listen to him, LOL!

Listen to me.

GOLEAFSGO

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 11:28:59 PM »
just walk up to her and flop it out.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 01:49:56 AM »
Trab's advice = DING! DING! DING!

You might want to join a network mktg company too. (not joking at all. I'm deadly serious)

I can't tell you the number of people who have quite literally transformed themselves, changed their lives, and their love lives as a result of being a network marketer. It carries over into every aspect of your life.

Please see: Network Marketing's Greatest Gifts <--click me
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 01:52:16 AM »
Lol... somebody messed with my post.  No worries about us flirting...  ;)

Why do I suspect the mischievious little prankster Mikey Arvilla has struck again?  ;D
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 03:33:21 AM »
Why do I suspect the mischievious little prankster Mikey Arvilla has struck again?  ;D

Yes, looks like Mike went in and changed my post to read that we're all lesbians who want to be left alone on the girl board to carpet munch in peace.  My original post asked a few guys to watch the woman-bashing posts. What hilarious impishness.  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »
Practice TRYING to get EVERY woman you get a chance to respond to some casual thing. Waiting in line?

Absolutely!  Just start up conversations with total strangers. They don't all have to be women either,
...men will work just as well. You're just practicing to get over the shyness and awkwardness you feel.

OH - Britney's photos on the mag covers have been a comedy while you wait to CHECK OUT anywhere.
If you cant get some girl/ woman 18-40s to crack up about Baldy, you are hopeless.
Any stupid little thing. No negativity allowed. Smile, don't take yourself seriously.

The check out line is a great place. Nobody's going anywhere, so they're often very open to what you may have to say. It helps the time pass.

And if your loaded ($z) - don't try to use it to sell yourself- turnoff. Let her figure it out casually. Thats hot.

Yep. It's a total turn-OFF to women when guys brag about it.

I disagree about immediately Fawning all over Extra Hot Gals. Its a turn off. It is failure. They are on guard to that. No different than calling a cop "sir". You just put youself in submission.
Better off if you don't even notice looks (and if you've got enough in your  life- You Wont!)
They want someone to make 'em laugh and play around with & feel secure. Listen like your scoring a
$1,000,000 contract (you may be and not even know it yet)!

Right on the money again!

Short height is often a bit of a dissadvantage (USA) I'm afraid. But I know a Laddie Killer Bud who is short. Funny and CONFIDENT.
Chicks dig him. Hell walk up just start talking looking right in their eyes and get them to laugh.
Hang around this kind and watch. Worth pickN up the tab for the lessons.

I was once very attracted to a very funny, witty, confident, outgoing guy, ...who happened to be loaded.
The funny thing is, I never realized he was short, ...until he pointed it out to me. I started to notice how obsessed he was with his height. It became a total turn-OFF because he was so insecure about his height.  :'(

This money power bit is way overblown. I love it when I see covergirl material with 300lbs of lard, or a
very confident young guy in a wheel chair. No BS there.

Trab, ...are you absolutely suuuuuuuure you're a guy? You seem to have such a good handle on women.  :)
w

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »

I was once very attracted to a very funny, witty, confident, outgoing guy, ...who happened to be loaded.
The funny thing is, I never realized he was short, ...until he pointed it out to me. I started to notice how obsessed he was with his height. It became a total turn-OFF because he was so insecure about his height. 

Jag,  why are you talking about me, sheesh. That's for overblowing the loaded part. Because you know me, "show em $100 and give em a five".

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2007, 05:40:42 PM »

Trab, ...are you absolutely suuuuuuuure you're a guy? You seem to have such a good handle on women.  :)

its caled saying what they wanna hear..

yeesh..

ya fell for it..

note to self..i'll sell out from today and say exactly what women wanna hear all the time peppered with semi machismo to make me seem of independent though and alpha malenishness...wait..jim s got that covered! ;D
carpe` vaginum!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »
I just ask them directly... "Hey, you want to have dinner sometime?"

If you want to be more subtle... change it to lunch or coffee... That's pretty much all you have to do... if they say, "No", then they are not interested.

That's how it goes.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2007, 06:07:25 PM »
I just ask them directly... "Hey, you want to have dinner sometime?"

If you want to be more subtle... change it to lunch or coffee... That's pretty much all you have to do... if they say, "No", then they are not interested.

That's how it goes.

Sometimes just talking like  your not trying to get with her works.

One time, a woman was just waiting at the counter and I passed by, I started talking to her and she left. She calls back and says, "There was a gorgeous woman in front of you." Next thing I know she is asking me out to dinner!

Another time I was tired as hell from a nite of tom-cattin', and went into the breakroom. there was this hot ass blonde cleaning the microwave (She was doing this as community service). Evertime she bent over I saw thong and ass. So I started talking to her for 5 minutes (sleepy as hell)

Turns out she is married with a child and has a heroin habit :-X :-X 

So be careful who you rappin' to.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2007, 06:13:03 PM »
Sometimes just talking like  your not trying to get with her works.

One time, a woman was just waiting at the counter and I passed by, I started talking to her and she left. She calls back and says, "There was a gorgeous woman in front of you." Next thing I know she is asking me out to dinner!

Another time I was tired as hell from a nite of tom-cattin', and went into the breakroom. there was this hot ass blonde cleaning the microwave (She was doing this as community service). Evertime she bent over I saw thong and ass. So I started talking to her for 5 minutes (sleepy as hell)

Turns out she is married with a child and has a heroin habit :-X :-X 

So be careful who you rappin' to.

This is true... often times just being kind of "normal" gets their attention the most... once they kind of like you as a person, asking them out to dinner or whatever becomes MUCH easier.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2007, 07:31:20 PM »
This is true... often times just being kind of "normal" gets their attention the most... once they kind of like you as a person, asking them out to dinner or whatever becomes MUCH easier.

Now if only I could remember this, because sometimes I do get the dry mouth and don't know how to approach...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 07:36:34 PM »
Now if only I could remember this, because sometimes I do get the dry mouth and don't know how to approach...

Tell you a couple of true stories... take them for what you will.

Went to a strip club... was talking to one of the dancers... just running my mouth... A couple of weeks later, I saw her at a local convenience store... She totally remembered me, and gave me her number... we talked here and there and bam... it just clicked... There was no trying on my part... just being a normal dude.

Another time, this girl I was seeing would see me... then blow me off, then see me, then blow me off... one time I asked her if she wanted to do something... I wanted to go watch wrestling... she said, "I don't wanna do that." I turned and looked at my bud who was there and said, "Yo dude, you wanna go?"

She looked at me and said, "No No No... I'll go... I'll go."

Sometimes, you just gotta act like they are not special... They are just people, who happen to have been born with a different chromosome pair than you... that's all.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 07:54:39 PM »
Tell you a couple of true stories... take them for what you will.

Went to a strip club... was talking to one of the dancers... just running my mouth... A couple of weeks later, I saw her at a local convenience store... She totally remembered me, and gave me her number... we talked here and there and bam... it just clicked... There was no trying on my part... just being a normal dude.

Another time, this girl I was seeing would see me... then blow me off, then see me, then blow me off... one time I asked her if she wanted to do something... I wanted to go watch wrestling... she said, "I don't wanna do that." I turned and looked at my bud who was there and said, "Yo dude, you wanna go?"

She looked at me and said, "No No No... I'll go... I'll go."

Sometimes, you just gotta act like they are not special... They are just people, who happen to have been born with a different chromosome pair than you... that's all.

When you said convenieince store, you shook me.

This past fall, I had just came from the gym on a Sunday morning, so I decide to go to the store. I see this gorgeous chick in line, so I pick up a  pack chicken (that I didn't need) and got in line. Well, her line closed and she had to get in my line, the dude behind her looked like her pops. So I wasn't going to talk to her with her elderly father there. I had dry mouth (and was spaced out from doing arms) and was trying to think of things to say....nothing came out. And she left, and that was not her dad, but the odd thing is, she swung around to the front(a manuever that was totally un-necessary) and waited a sec. She knew i was checking her out.

See her from time to time.  But relaize that i blew my chance....

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 08:11:55 PM »
Jag,  why are you talking about me, sheesh.

Since when did you become a 5'6", 50something, ex-jeweler from Boston?  ;)
w

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
Since when did you become a 5'6", 50something, ex-jeweler from Boston?  ;)

Well, i'm 5'5". and my accent ain't from Boston. But close enough, huh.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »
its caled saying what they wanna hear..

yeesh..

ya fell for it..

note to self..i'll sell out from today and say exactly what women wanna hear all the time peppered with semi machismo to make me seem of independent though and alpha malenishness...wait..jim s got that covered! ;D

How is this saying what we wanna hear?

Trab is telling it like it is. I personally don't care what approach he uses to ask women out... it doesn't matter to me. I'm simply agreeing with Trab's advice because as a WOMAN, I know what goes through our minds when people use the other approaches and I KNOW I'm much more open to guys who treat me as a person, ...as opposed to a woman.

I'm gonna respond faster and better to a guy who talks to me without major emphasis on my gender, or like acting like some giddy school boy who's never been on a date.
w

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 08:31:23 PM »
     The only thing she can do is say yes or no.If you don't ask...you are not going on a date with her. If she says no...you are not going on a date wth her....so what have you got to lose...NOTHING!! ....unless of coarse she busts out laughing in your face :-\  That would be humiliating.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 08:36:28 PM »
     The only thing she can do is say yes or no.If you don't ask...you are not going on a date with her. If she says no...you are not going on a date wth her....so what have you got to lose...NOTHING!! ....unless of coarse she busts out laughing in your face :-\  That would be humiliating.

;D  You are such a brat! {lol}

Ok, that could feel somewhat humiliating, ...but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Perhaps maybe he shouldn't ask her out within earshot of others then, ...but still, if she laughs in his face,
wouldn't that be a good thing that he's not gonna be going on a date with her? scratching a _itch off your list of potential dating candidates can only be a good thing. Besides, ...the more No's he gets, ...the closer he is to a YES!  ;D
w

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 02:20:01 PM »

So by magic she got your number?   ??? ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »
So by magic she got your number?   ??? ::)

No, he charmed her first, then she asked him out.

It's like the guys said... you have to just get out there and talk to everyone until you get good at it.  It's like advertising... you send the message to millions, and get 10% to buy your product.

Btw... if not too nosy, how old are you? You can give a range if you want.