Author Topic: Started the Adonis principles today - hardest workout ever!!  (Read 43924 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Started the Adonis principles today - hardest workout ever!!
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2007, 11:18:07 PM »
No one is perfect!

Sure we are.

You were perfect when you took those pics with Rory years ago.

Don`t be so hard on yourself.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »
Are you saying that actin & myosin synthesis will be the same in a hypocaloric, catabolic, cortisol high, amino acid deficient, state compared to an anabolic, protein rich, high endogenous insulin rich state?

LOL...he's going to google every word in this post to try to figure out what you just said. Ask him what he thinks about the "sliding filament theorie".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »
So I can't do cardio on your program?  Does eating pussy count as cardio?  ???  If it does, I will have to opt out of your program.
You can do cardio if you like.

Its up to you.

Its not necessary to get ripped, but Cardio is great for you.  I`m not talking walking on a treadmill as that does not provide that much of a health benefit given your age and shape.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2007, 11:22:17 PM »

Its not necessary to get ripped,

As long as you are burning off more than you take in!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »
As long as you are burning off more than you take in!
Exactly.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2007, 11:23:47 PM »
Yeah, I tend to agree...after a show...I think that you can consume way more calories for a period of time before there is a negative effect (fat gain).  I know after my show in 2005 it was TWO MONTHS before I put on some appreciable body fat...and i was eating good...but there was more shit in the diet than I normal was.  This past year I put body fat back on faster.  So, who knows....could have been the type of diet as I dieted for each show differently.

Adam says he is at 3 - 4%....with that I would imagine we could see the cross-fibers in the quads and triceps.  Also, he should have the 'veiny' look to the abs (i remember your ex's abs shot with the veins...that to me is 3 -4 %).

Listen, if you'd stayed completely clean in your diet after your show, do you not think you could have climbed up a good 15-20 pounds (depending on your height) and still not gone over 7-8%, even while eating a good 3400-3800 calories per day, consistently?  Which is alot of food when it's clean.  Shit you could ride that out for months and still look incredible and much more full than you were for your show while making progressive gains.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2007, 11:28:16 PM »
Listen, if you'd stayed completely clean in your diet after your show, do you not think you could have climbed up a good 15-20 pounds (depending on your height) and still not gone over 7-8%, even while eating a good 3400-3800 calories per day, consistently?  Which is alot of food when it's clean.  Shit you could ride that out for months and still look incredible and much more full than you were for your show while making progressive gains.  
::)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »

I used to see guys who competed naturally just blow up with some incredible size/conditioning combos after a show.  I think those transformations remain some of the most impressive I've seen to date, drugs or no drugs.  

So Adonis, consider taking your shit up for a minute and starting over again.  Yeah, after you diet back down again you might only have added 2-3 pounds of mass, but the trip around is where it's at.  And if you do this, I think it'd be a hell of alot healthier on both your mind and body.  Aren't you planning on doing this at some point?    

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:17 PM »
Listen, if you'd stayed completely clean in your diet after your show, do you not think you could have climbed up a good 15-20 pounds (depending on your height) and still not gone over 7-8%, even while eating a good 3400-3800 calories per day, consistently?  Which is alot of food when it's clean.  Shit you could ride that out for months and still look incredible and much more full than you were for your show while making progressive gains.   

I think so.  I dont know about months...but i do think that there is definitely something to eating a lot more after a show.  I remember doing a show back in 95.  A week after the show i went to Sandals with a girlfriend.  I was there for 10 days.  I ate so damn much.  I dont have the pics anymore, but I remember looking at them and thinking "holy crap, I am still lean after all the shit I ate".  Actually, it wasnt even shitty food...just a TON of great stuff.  All inclusives are the game for me!!!!

I am debating how i will diet for my next show.  I really did feel better doing carb cycling for 06' than the way I did the diet in 05. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:34 PM »
I used to see guys who competed naturally just blow up with some incredible size/conditioning combos after a show.  I think those transformations remain some of the most impressive I've seen to date, drugs or no drugs.  

So Adonis, consider taking your shit up for a minute and starting over again.  Yeah, after you diet back down again you might only have added 2-3 pounds of mass, but the trip around is where it's at.  And if you do this, I think it'd be a hell of alot healthier on both your mind and body.  Aren't you planning on doing this at some point?    
No.

As Drugfree4life stated.  The very BEST naturals NEVER go over 8 percent bodyfat.  In doing so, a diet of around 2500 calories is consumed, a bit more if one does cardio.

Its very simple.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »
I think so.  I dont know about months...but i do think that there is definitely something to eating a lot more after a show.  I remember doing a show back in 95.  A week after the show i went to Sandals with a girlfriend.  I was there for 10 days.  I ate so damn much.  I dont have the pics anymore, but I remember looking at them and thinking "holy crap, I am still lean after all the shit I ate".  Actually, it wasnt even shitty food...just a TON of great stuff.  All inclusives are the game for me!!!!

I am debating how i will diet for my next show.  I really did feel better doing carb cycling for 06' than the way I did the diet in 05. 
Did you know, that you can eat anything you want and look the same everyday as long as you don`t exceed a caloric surplus at length?

In doing so, you also fulfill all nutritional needs.  Its really too easy.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »
Did you know, that you can eat anything you want and look the same everyday as long as you don`t exceed a caloric surplus at length?

True, but not for bodybuilding!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2007, 11:36:35 PM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2007, 11:36:59 PM »
No.

As Drugfree4life stated.  The very BEST naturals NEVER go over 8 percent bodyfat.  In doing so, a diet of around 2500 calories is consumed, a bit more if one does cardio.

Its very simple. 

You would have to ask Kurt Weidner or Brian Whitacre (sp??) how many calories they consume in a day.  Standing behind Kurt was insane.  Dry, shredded....the guy was spot on.  This is why I want to try to stay leaner this year and then do a show.

Again....I think its PERSON dependant....there are guys out there that can eat the 3K+ in food and stay lean....even leaner than me.  I just know I cant.  22yrs of this has taught me that!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2007, 11:41:34 PM »

You see Adam....the phrase "eat anything you want...." for me, means eating a lot.  I dont care if its junk or clean.  I really do wish I could eat the 3K plus DAILY.  I loved pounding a lot of food when I was at Sandals.  I feel better (mentally) eating more calories.....but physically its not for me (belly fat).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2007, 11:42:01 PM »
You would have to ask Kurt Weidner or Brian Whitacre (sp??) how many calories they consume in a day.  Standing behind Kurt was insane.  Dry, shredded....the guy was spot on.  This is why I want to try to stay leaner this year and then do a show.

Again....I think its PERSON dependant....there are guys out there that can eat the 3K+ in food and stay lean....even leaner than me.  I just know I cant.  22yrs of this has taught me that!
I have Brian`s Diet.

2200-2800 calories a day.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2007, 11:43:08 PM »
You see Adam....the phrase "eat anything you want...." for me, means eating a lot.  I dont care if its junk or clean.  I really do wish I could eat the 3K plus DAILY.  I loved pounding a lot of food when I was at Sandals.  I feel better (mentally) eating more calories.....but physically its not for me (belly fat).
Eat anything I want, means, get adequate nutrition by eating whatever I want but not Exceeding my caloric limit.

This should be noted.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2007, 11:44:48 PM »
Eat anything I want, means, get adequate nutrition by eating whatever I want but not Exceeding my caloric limit.

This should be noted.

You are confused between Calories and nutrition, you seem to think they are one in the same, it is very easy to become malnutritioned when referring to your philosophy!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2007, 11:48:10 PM »
You are confused between Calories and nutrition, you seem to think they are one in the same, it is very easy to become malnutritioned when referring to your philosophy!

So how do YOU explain that when I eat clean at 3000cals+ I get fatter.  I eat clean with fewer cals I feel better and dont have the bodyfat.  ((Not being shitty...just asking))

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2007, 11:55:18 PM »

This should be noted.

Just like exceeding you deadlift of 225 a 112 times.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2007, 11:56:21 PM »
Now I know why Matt likes Frank McGrath so much. Similar proportions, somewhat narrow in the torso (not a diss, just an observation), and limb dominant. You usually like the builds that most resemble your own.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2007, 12:08:42 AM »
Now I know why Matt likes Frank McGrath so much. Similar proportions, somewhat narrow in the torso (not a diss, just an observation), and limb dominant. You usually like the builds that most resemble your own.

This is true.  Not to compare myself to Frank obviously, but his back looks weak in his rear double biceps due to his delts also:

He is a similar height, a Canadian (born in the same city I was), and only a few years older.  :)  Although I admire him the most for his physique, and not those similarities.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2007, 12:42:09 AM »
This thread has gone from 1 to 6 pages in about 4 hours. Adonis = selling power.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2007, 03:59:41 AM »

TA is beyond a joke. Ignore this moron.  ::)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2007, 06:38:48 AM »
Hey Matt,

I`m going to instant message you in about an hour or so, as I just got back from the gym,

Heading to the store to get some Expensive Wine.

When I get back, we will discuss the master plan.

TA, honestly...you're a fucking tool.  "I'm going to get some expensive wine"..c'mon now.  Who the fuck types that on a BB board?  You're so desperate to brag about anything it's unreal.  Does your mom approve of you storing "expensive" wine in her fridge?
nasser=piece of shit