Author Topic: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????  (Read 11892 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2007, 06:16:02 PM »
We fear that we won't be able to compete sexually with the "black buck" if women are completely free to choose either race.

Hey, I didn't make it up.  :)

Admit it though... whether you think it should or not, having a white woman does give you increased status among other black men.

umm....not amongst all :)
Here comes the money shot

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »
umm....not amongst all :)

I apologize if I falsely implied that you had any sense of sexual inadequacy, "SteelePegasus".

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2007, 06:20:23 PM »
I apologize if I falsely implied that you had any sense of sexual inadequacy, "SteelePegasus".

no prob, you would think that someone with name like "ribonucleic" would be above generalizations based on false sterotypes

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »
no prob, you would think that someone with name like "ribonucleic" would be above generalizations based on false sterotypes

The man asked why people are still uptight about black men hooking up with white women.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

People believe all kinds of dumb shit.  :)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »
My predisposition?  I'll tell you my predisposition. Divorced parents by age 4.  Grew up in the hood till age 15.  Moved in with father and step mother to uppermiddle class family till 18.  Joined the military at 18.  How's that?  I've seen both sides.  Hip hop in the 80s and the Hip hop culture now is two different things.  I will listen to some of the music although the messages it delivers aren't worth a damn.  The culture and message it preaches today is pretty much: Money, "bitches", guns, drugs.  And you ask what's wrong with hip hop? lol. I'm as "real" as any 'brotha".  I just don't need a "rag" "bling" or to throw up signs to show it.  I want to empower our race and if you ask many old school brothers and sisters, they don't like the hip hop generation and much as I do.  Martin Luther King didn't do what he did for many of our people to do what they do today.
very good post. its the rare black dudes like you that keep me from going the full step and saying im racist and dont like black people. i feel sorry for guys like you- you have to sit and watch while your race's dignity gets dragged thru the mud, it must be hard knowing that even though you are a decent human being you will often be judged by the actions of the untermensch that make up most of your race...

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »
Squad, why cant DP film the fight?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2007, 06:33:31 PM »
very good post. its the rare black dudes like you that keep me from going the full step and saying im racist and dont like black people. i feel sorry for guys like you- you have to sit and watch while your race's dignity gets dragged thru the mud, it must be hard knowing that even though you are a decent human being you will often be judged by the actions of the untermensch that make up most of your race...

to be honest I would rather that you went the full step. I racist I can respect, he doesn't like us and that is fine. I can live with that

but people like you are are more dangerous, "actions of the untermensch that make up most of your race" statements like those are what people believe without any evidence..that is more racist than calling someone names

I could spend days writting the virtues and accomplishments of my friends and family...but it still wouldn't do any good. Personally a racist that states his feelings I can respect more than you

please, do us a favor...go all the way

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2007, 06:39:48 PM »
to be honest I would rather that you went the full step. I racist I can respect, he doesn't like us and that is fine. I can live with that

but people like you are are more dangerous, "actions of the untermensch that make up most of your race" statements like those are what people believe without any evidence..that is more racist than calling someone names

I could spend days writting the virtues and accomplishments of my friends and family...but it still wouldn't do any good. Personally a racist that states his feelings I can respect more than you?
come on dude, thats exactly what keeps me from being a genuine racist-the fact that i recognize and acknowledge respectable individuals regardless of race.

a true racist hates everyone unconditionally, just because they are of a certain race.

i dont. while most american blacks 'perpetuate the steriotype' and i dont like them very much, i still have absolutely nothing against the ones who are respectable people. chances are id have no problems with those people you mentioned. for example, i love the Spurs, tim duncan is my fuckin idol, and hes black. im just pointing out plain, observable facts. i am not a true unconditional racist, anyone who is is ignorant and wrong due to the fact that there are exceptional individuals in every race   

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2007, 06:44:29 PM »
come on dude, thats exactly what keeps me from being a genuine racist-the fact that i recognize and acknowledge respectable individuals regardless of race.

a true racist hates everyone unconditionally, just because they are of a certain race.

i dont. while most american blacks 'perpetuate the steriotype' and i dont like them very much, i still have absolutely nothing against the ones who are respectable people. chances are id have no problems with those people you mentioned. for example, i love the Spurs, tim duncan is my fuckin idol, and hes black. im just pointing out plain, observable facts. i am not a true unconditional racist, anyone who is is ignorant and wrong due to the fact that there are exceptional individuals in every race   

nothing ever said could be more racist..

do you think most people of Italian heritage sit around in strip joints trying to figure how to get no show sanitation jobs while wearing sweat suits with 45% BF?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »
do you think most people of Italian heritage sit around in strip joints trying to figure how to get no show sanitation jobs while wearing sweat suits with 45% BF?

Some concentrate on having their sponsors buy them bodybuilding titles.  ;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »
Tim duncan is a millionare sport star that you see on TV everyday, what's not to like about him?

the last guy on the bench who you never see probably makes a couple million per year. Since you don't know him, if you saw him at the local mall would he fall into the most category?

how do you know what tim does off the court and who he hangs with?

if you saw Tim's mother, father, brother , son, daughter and or associates would they fall into the most category also?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2007, 06:49:21 PM »
Some concentrate on having their sponsors buy them bodybuilding titles.  ;D

lol, good one

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
guys like Davidpaul go to bodybuilding expos in a bandana, sunglasses and a hard ass attitude making gang signs and saying stuff like "sup bitch!!", do you think that this type of thing reinforces negative stereotypes?
I agree squadfather. DP definantly reinforces a greasy chicken grease finger, purple drink tongue and lip, marshmellow, ghetto trash drug dealing stereotype.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2007, 06:53:57 PM »
why do things like this always have to be so complicated? Squadfather, just fight David. YOU offered, why not continue with it and just do it? 

And no offense to blacks, but people keep mentioning the "crips" in a hardcore tone.... Hispanics own L.A.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »
Tim duncan is a millionare sport star that you see on TV everyday, what's not to like about him?

the last guy on the bench who you never see probably makes a couple million per year. Since you don't know him, if you saw him at the local mall would he fall into the most category?

how do you know what tim does off the court and who he hangs with?

if you saw Tim's mother, father, brother , son, daughter and or associates would they fall into the most category also?
no you moron, so is carmelo anthony, ron artest, ect ect..and they are nothing but bitch thug wannabes...tim duncan is a great human being and chances are his family is too.
how can i be a racist if theres black people who i respect and admire ::)

but also, if you're suggesting that the majority of black american youths DONT perpetuate the steriotype then your the one whos in denial.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2007, 06:59:39 PM »
My predisposition?  I'll tell you my predisposition. Divorced parents by age 4.  Grew up in the hood till age 15.  Moved in with father and step mother to uppermiddle class family till 18.  Joined the military at 18.  How's that?  I've seen both sides.  Hip hop in the 80s and the Hip hop culture now is two different things.  I will listen to some of the music although the messages it delivers aren't worth a damn.  The culture and message it preaches today is pretty much: Money, "bitches", guns, drugs.  And you ask what's wrong with hip hop? lol. I'm as "real" as any 'brotha".  I just don't need a "rag" "bling" or to throw up signs to show it.  I want to empower our race and if you ask many old school brothers and sisters, they don't like the hip hop generation and much as I do. Martin Luther King didn't do what he did for many of our people to do what they do today.

Oh yeah, I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD. ;D  I was using those example to piss of DP but I guess I got to you instead.  lol

You and others then should talk to them, instead of chastising them. Ask where is the disconnect, and what can be done to change it. Remember there are others in Hip-Hop like Common and Kanye that feel the same.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2007, 07:02:20 PM »
no you moron, so is carmelo anthony, ron artest, ect ect..and they are nothing but bitch thug wannabes...tim duncan is a great human being and chances are his family is too.
how can i be a racist if theres black people who i respect and admire ::)

but also, if you're suggesting that the majority of black american youths DONT perpetuate the steriotype then your the one whos in denial.

Depending on what region of the country you live.... most people can step outside their door and go 5 miles N,S,E,W and see the same bullshit "thugs" that will never get anywhere in life. Whenever I see roads being paved, out of the 15 ppl crew, ALL BLACK. And whenever i see criminals cleaning up highways/interstates... all black. Hope this helps.

And whenever i read Forbes top richest people in America.. all white.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2007, 05:42:41 AM »
Interesting thread, a few weeks back I recall that DP posted pics of him with special ed at the arnold and some of the same people that are talking shit about him now were praising what a badass/tough guy he was! Wierd!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2007, 05:47:49 AM »
it would be cool if we kept this in a bodybuilding context

lets give DP and Squad..12 weeks to see who can come in in the best shape..progress pics every couple of days.

kilojoule

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2007, 05:59:35 AM »
What a great idea.. Such a shame
it would be cool if we kept this in a bodybuilding context

lets give DP and Squad..12 weeks to see who can come in in the best shape..progress pics every couple of days.
Neither of them actually train...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2007, 06:01:59 AM »
every race group has them...

indians have the radical muslims

blacks have niggas and DP!  ;D

whites have the rednecks and honkies

mexicans have the essay's (sp?!)  I say that instead of the immigrant workers, they're some of the nicest and hardest working people you'll ever meet.

The gays have BAY

so yeah..there are those that reinforce it.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2007, 06:05:30 AM »
What a great idea.. Such a shame Neither of them actually train...

ahh..thanks for the clarification, I never took that into consideration

ok then, it street brawl it is then

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2007, 09:22:48 AM »
every race group has them...

indians have the radical muslims

blacks have niggas and DP!  ;D

whites have the rednecks and honkies

mexicans have the essay's (sp?!)  I say that instead of the immigrant workers, they're some of the nicest and hardest working people you'll ever meet.

The gays have BAY

so yeah..there are those that reinforce it.

And we Jews have...  well, the Israelis.  :(

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2007, 09:35:02 AM »
Is the Squadfather going to fight DP or what? If one of them has backed down then that 'guy' should leave getbig forever.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2007, 09:48:30 AM »
Is the Squadfather going to fight DP or what? If one of them has backed down then that 'guy' should leave getbig forever.

Squadfather isn't going anywhere...Mindsping punked him and took his name. And instead of challenging him he created a new name.

Clearly there is no level low enough for him to leave.