Author Topic: What has been accomplished in 4 years?  (Read 15966 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: What has been accomplished in 4 years?
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2007, 02:18:55 PM »
Don't worry I won't... good job avoiding the points though.
I didn't avoid anything, we might have given Saddam to the Iraq government but didn't have a hand in deciding punishment
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
I didn't avoid anything, we might have given Saddam to the Iraq government but didn't have a hand in deciding punishment

Giving him to their government is deciding punishment... Everyone knew what would happen in that court... It was a circus and you know that.

You may not want to admit it, but his death sentence was as good as signed once he was caught.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2007, 02:27:01 PM »
I bet if I look on O'reilly, limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter..you think they will say it was American run?

I never heard O'Reilly's viewpoint on the subject but I think everyone knew that it wasa mascarade, planned out puppet show. Over time the answers will come out, not right now not in the next 2 years but once history is written it will show.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2007, 02:29:54 PM »
Giving him to their government is deciding punishment... Everyone knew what would happen in that court... It was a circus and you know that.

You may not want to admit it, but his death sentence was as good as signed once he was caught.

should we feel bad?
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »
should we feel bad?

We should feel bad for invading the country in the first place... So yes.

Do I feel bad that he was hung, not really, but I don't care enough about that sandbox to be there in the first place... Why are you there again?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
We should feel bad for invading the country in the first place... So yes.

Do I feel bad that he was hung, not really, but I don't care enough about that sandbox to be there in the first place... Why are you there again?

wow....you suprise me with a question my 7 year old could answer.....but in a basic anwser, to have a democratic ally in the middle east to help keep Iran and Syria in check
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2007, 02:36:02 PM »
wow....you suprise me with a question my 7 year old could answer.....but in a basic anwser, to have a democratic ally in the middle east to help keep Iran and Syria in check

Wow... you're so funny. So you're telling me that THAT reason is what you were TOLD you were there for?

Funny, everyone else seems to know that's not the reason you were told you were there for...

Apparently everyone knows this but you.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2007, 02:38:05 PM »
Wow... you're so funny. So you're telling me that THAT reason is what you were TOLD you were there for?

Funny, everyone else seems to know that's not the reason you were told you were there for...

Apparently everyone knows this but you.

oh right....CTers think it is only for oil....my bad
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2007, 02:39:11 PM »
oh right....CTers think it is only for oil....my bad

I'm not talking about what CTers think... I'm asking a real question... People were deployed to Iraq... They were told why.

What was the reason they were told they were being deployed? That's a very straightforward question.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2007, 05:21:15 AM »
I'm not talking about what CTers think... I'm asking a real question... People were deployed to Iraq... They were told why.

What was the reason they were told they were being deployed? That's a very straightforward question.

in the beginning it was to overthrow Iraq, we are there now for 2 reasons. Bring civility to Iraq and establish a democratic ally, and fight the insurgency to bring down Al-Queda
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2007, 06:17:22 AM »
in the beginning it was to overthrow Iraq, we are there now for 2 reasons. Bring civility to Iraq and establish a democratic ally, and fight the insurgency to bring down Al-Queda

LOL @ "overthrow"

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2007, 06:37:59 AM »
LOL @ "overthrow"

well I meant Saddam...and we did
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2007, 07:05:02 AM »

I guess I see the negative connotations that come with that word. 

And beach Bum was dead wrong yesterday when he said we entered a place with 'no rules' and created rules and order.  It's quite the opposite.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2007, 07:17:25 AM »

And beach Bum was dead wrong yesterday when he said we entered a place with 'no rules' and created rules and order.  It's quite the opposite.

You have to forgive me, I forget to get into my America is the bad guy mindset before I come into this board
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2007, 08:54:55 AM »

You mean there wasn't a dictator in Iraq who did whatever the heck he wanted, including torturing and murdering his own people and stealing the country's resources?  News to me.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2007, 09:02:55 AM »
You mean there wasn't a dictator in Iraq who did whatever the heck he wanted, including torturing and murdering his own people and stealing the country's resources?  News to me.   ::)

Were there enforced laws under saddam?  Was there chaos?

(The conversation was about the nation for 23 mil.  You're making it about one man who did what he wanted - we have those here too ;)  )

Iraq, under saddam, was a less violent nation.  There were rules and they were enforced.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »

Were there enforced laws under saddam?  Was there chaos?

(The conversation was about the nation for 23 mil.  You're making it about one man who did what he wanted - we have those here too ;)  )

Iraq, under saddam, was a less violent nation.  There were rules and they were enforced.

You'll have to read up on how dictatorships work.  I'm not going to do your homework for you.  But to give you a head start:  dictators can do whatever they want.  The rules are whatever the dictator says they are.  When a dictator is overthrown, the dictators "rules" go down with him.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2007, 10:50:43 AM »

So the reason was not because Saddam was working on a nuclear device?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2007, 11:02:23 AM »
You'll have to read up on how dictatorships work.  I'm not going to do your homework for you.  But to give you a head start:  dictators can do whatever they want.  The rules are whatever the dictator says they are.  When a dictator is overthrown, the dictators "rules" go down with him.

so this is no longer a debate about the nation of Iraq?  Suddenly it's about what one man could get away with?

LOL.. look in your own backyard.  We've started 2 elective wars and we're starting #3 next week.  We do whatever the hell bush wants, if ya havent' noticed.

Still, I admire your effort to redirect teh convo.  And I see why you initially ignored it when I called you on it.  You said there were no rules in iraq before we invaded, and I say that's not true.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2007, 11:12:39 AM »
So the reason was not because Saddam was working on a nuclear device?

what are you talking about? we overthrew Saddam for many reasons
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2007, 11:33:05 AM »
what are you talking about? we overthrew Saddam for many reasons

The reasons changed as time progressed.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2007, 04:05:30 AM »

Your kidding right? We (USA) appointed the Iraqi PM......who hung Saddam. The same PM who tried to murder Saddam in 1982.....then FLED to Syria until "the coast was clear".

Please be honest and truthful.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2007, 05:10:53 AM »

Your kidding right? We (USA) appointed the Iraqi PM......who hung Saddam. The same PM who tried to murder Saddam in 1982.....then FLED to Syria until "the coast was clear".

Please be honest and truthful.

Yep.  Giftwrapped execution.  Sure he was an evil dude worthy of the gallows.  But it's a dangerous precedent for the US to "decide" regime change is in order, and facilitate the overthrow and allow the execution.

Suppose the Chinese and Russians got together and decided the U.S. was in need of regime change, and they started bombing our cities.  People don't think thru what happens if the shoe is on the other foot.  We have no business deciding which oil-rich nations need overthrown.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2007, 11:36:48 AM »
Yep.  Giftwrapped execution.  Sure he was an evil dude worthy of the gallows.  But it's a dangerous precedent for the US to "decide" regime change is in order, and facilitate the overthrow and allow the execution.

Suppose the Chinese and Russians got together and decided the U.S. was in need of regime change, and they started bombing our cities.  People don't think thru what happens if the shoe is on the other foot.  We have no business deciding which oil-rich nations need overthrown.

Exactly!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2007, 11:39:04 AM »

Exactly!!!

That's always been my thought behind it as well... The guy was a nut, but it's not our duty to decide who is fit to lead a nation... look at what we've done to ours.

;)