Author Topic: JPM101 current training  (Read 109076 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: JPM101 current training
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2020, 04:54:55 AM »
Had a 2 1/2 week break from any workout, with a mini vacation. Where can you go during this induced and false created panic...lots of places really. Living in San Diego county, many options and also getting away from the governors overbearing mandates. No ones going to find or bother you anyway, if you know where your going...

1)  Squat   5X20reps. A set of 20 reps pullovers between each set of front squats..5X20
2)  Incline Bench.   around a 60 degree incline. 5X20reps
3) BB Row...pull to the lower gut and than stand up and continuing the pull to the lower rib box. 5X20 reps

I'm using the same weight during each exercise and never going to a point of failure. Example..if using a 100lbs for squats, than that would be for all the sets. This program is a version of "100's", which seems to becoming popular out here. For me, it's a good way to get into a workout cycle after a layoff.

Use to workout with this Filipino gentleman who used this style program (5X20) way back in the day.  He would usually take 3 or 4 months off from workouts and when getting back in the gym he did this program .He was one of the few guy's I witnesses to actually grow from workout to workout. I was in my mid 20's at the time, and it did help with adding muscle mass, including strength gains, at a somewhat fast pace. Make no mistake, handling mostly higher reps can increase size and strength, if the right attitude and training program is applied.

Good Luck

High reps are the best to get back into working out. It seems to wake up muscle memory the fastest. At least that's my empirical experience.

San Diego county is stunning. Home of the rich and famous. My sister in law lives there in a town that slips my mind. The development is gated and each house has their own electronic gate on their fence. Past her back yard I could see mountains in the distance or were they really big hills, lol?  I really thought I would see Tom Cruise exit one of the houses it was so amazing. Truly the most beautiful part of the country I have ever seen. Talking to so many people I was shocked how many work out of their house and this was pre covid.  The wealth there is incredible. Everyone seems to think living in a million plus house is normal.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: JPM101 current training
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2021, 05:29:47 PM »
Current...   going for the short and to the point workouts. Time is a factor, so keep workouts to 45-50 minutes, trying for a good pace.
Workout A
1)   Dips...weighted    3x7-9
2)  BB row...curl grip   3x7-9
3)  Upright row     EZ bar   3x7-9
4)  Front raise    EZ bar    3x7-9
5)  Lateral raise   start by holding DB's as if doing DB curls. Keep that position through the exercise to shoulder height and than back down again.  3x7-9

Workout B
1) Hack BB squat. think of it as a reverse DL.  And with better leverage, for me anyway. 4x10-12
2) Front squat  3x10-12  a low, sitting position at bottom
3)  BB shrug, in PR 3x10-12  extra wide grip. I touch the inside collars, just saying.

Based on a mon-wed-fri 3 day a week program it would be: mon- workout A  weds-workout B  fri workout A. The next week it would be   mon workout B    wed workout A  fri workout B  alternate every week, stating with each mon.
Good luck

F