Author Topic: Want to COMPETE!  (Read 6600 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
Want to COMPETE!
« on: March 30, 2007, 06:48:05 AM »
I really want to know what it takes to compete.  It's a lifetime goal of mine, and at 30 I am wondering if it's too late. Especially, given my current size and strength (6'2, 170 and 10%).....I am now finally on HRT at approx. 250mg so that should be a big piece.   Would LOVE to hear from those who have done it and do it and if I'm on the right track for maybe two years.

I need to get to 230 and stay under 12%, that way I can cut to 205 or so.

I have increased my cals to 4K, all clean Monday through Friday and then whatever isnt nailed down on the weekends.

My cardio is limited to just 1 session a week for 30 minutes (is this ok, do I need more???)

I train as heavy and as intense as possible 5 days a week.  I will NEVER miss a session unless dealthy ill.

I get a good 8 hours of sleep a day, usually more, but I usually wake up at midnight starving, so I grab some veggies and some protein.

I don't drink, period.

I smoke maybe a bowl at night 5x a week (never more never any other other time) after training to help me consume more cals (else I'd be too sick to eat, due to training)

My stress level is mild, work relaed only but I leave it at the office (I sit all day and rest)

I use NO OTHER rec drugs.  I was using ONE vicodine tab a day for a good year, so I was addicted, but I havent touched one in many many months.

I have tried coke and nubain 1 time.  Nothing else.

I will prob. consume an average of a glass or wo of wine NOW, at night as I have heard good things.
No other booze and I havent sarted this yet.

I will be on gear for a long time (maybe ry to come off hr in he future) but this will help me eat more. 

I plan to jump start on a cycle now since I have the resources and maybe 2-3 a year always going back o hrt dose. 
Tbal at 40mg
eq at 400mg
test at 600mg
npp at 400mg all for 16 weeks starting monday and tbol for first four. 

I would like to stay under 12%, and will do so.  Keeping abs, what does it take?  Also have some tren,prop maseton blend to use down the line to cut hard to 6% and then increase cardio decrease cals.

Diet is 50,30, 20 split, c/p/f.........am I missing anything, right mentality??

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Want to COMPETE!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
You are a very strange person.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:03:25 AM »
Since it's pretty mild I'd take the Tbol for half your cycle (i.e. eight weeks).

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:06:22 AM »
I train as heavy and as intense as possible 5 days a week.  I will NEVER miss a session unless dealthy ill.

That's fine & all but remember to listen to your body. If it's telling you that you need a rest then take a few days off (even on cycle). If you push yourself too hard & too far you're going risk getting sick, overtraining, & injury.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:21:30 AM »
You are a very strange person.

8)
Thanks.....and you never offer any decent advice.........Anyone out there who competes?

Rim - I've heard your repsonse, you haven't been there either......that's really what I'm looking for.......I realize you are trying to help, but looking for some information....thanks.

Oh and your post with the bars question - no need to respond twice, just beause they were free doesnt mean jack man.....so I can get free cheesecake, does that mean eat it.........

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:25:04 AM »
Rim - I've heard your repsonse, you haven't been there either......that's really what I'm looking for.......I realize you are trying to help, but looking for some information....thanks.

What do you mean?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »
How long are you intending to be on steroids?

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:16:19 AM »
rim....shhhhh!  give others a chance

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:26:19 AM »
Thanks.....and you never offer any decent advice.........Anyone out there who competes?

Yeah, I've only helped you on all 900 of your questions on each forum!...lol

I've competed in bodybuilding as a natural. which is why i choose not to give you any advice on the subject or any subject in the future.

i just like to dissect your redundant questions that you've already asked 5 times.

Good luck champ!

8)

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 08:37:46 AM »

Oh and your post with the bars question - no need to respond twice, just beause they were free doesnt mean jack man.....so I can get free cheesecake, does that mean eat it.........

If you don't want the free cheescake I'll take it....mmmmmmmmmm cheesecake...great for the offseason.

First off I'd like to welcome you to the next step.....

Your diet shoud be in check for sure, before you start you training for a contest know what your body reacts to as far as food. Bloating and such is always a huge issue...

EQ will give you the munchies galore so you proabably won't need to smoke to eat. Just remember if you want your body weight to stay to a minimal, that you are eating no garbage.

Closer to contest time your cardio amount will so have to increase in days wise...

I would go 50/30/20 protein/carbs/fat

What kind of test are you using...primo is the best for lean mass...well it has been for me, stacked with EQ...can you say onfire.

Those are the first things that come to mind as they increase I'll add them in...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 08:38:35 AM »
rim....shhhhh!  give others a chance

::) Anyone is free to respond. I'm responding because I have a window open with getbig on it. So I just responded. If you noticed
 I've responded to about four threads in about ten minutes.  

One more thing. If you were trying to imply that I don't know how to prep for a contest I suppose you're only half right. I'd be the wrong person to ask about what to do in the week or two before a show (I don't compete 7 I doubt I ever will - I've got too many tattoos & after reading the rules for the NPC I guess you're graded down for them). But I know quite a bit about exercise & dieting. I've been able to diet & exercise myself down to the single bodyfat digits before.

BTW - my offer still stands. If you compete in two years & I'm still living where I'm at now I'll attend the show. That depends on you keeping it cool on the boards.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 08:41:49 AM »
::) Anyone is free to respond. I'm responding because I have a window open with getbig on it. So I just responded. If you noticed
 I've responded to about four threads in about ten minutes.  

One more thing. If you were trying to imply that I don't know how to prep for a contest I suppose you're only half right. I'd be the wrong person to ask about what to do in the week or two before a show (I don't compete 7 I doubt I ever will - I've got too many tattoos & after reading the rules for the NPC I guess you're graded down for them). But I know quite a bit about exercise & dieting. I've been able to diet & exercise myself down to the single bodyfat digits before.

This guy changes ideas like i change underwear...

It's a complete waste of time and effort to even try to help.

I know you are a cool guy who likes to help but it's pointless.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »

I know you're probably right but it's my nature to keep trying to help others - I guess it because of what I do for a living.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 10:32:23 AM »
This guy changes ideas like i change underwear...

It's a complete waste of time and effort to even try to help.

8)

change ideas???  BULLSHIT!  I've wanted to do this for as long as I can remember....yes, some ?s are redundant, but only because Im a perfectionist.....my one confusion right now is this, will I be able to stay lean (and by lean I mean able to see some ab outline) without the cardio.......then, my goal is right on....

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »
I highly doubt it, you will most likely retain some water
big or bust

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 11:49:49 AM »
Lugar, You still never answered how long will your cycle be?

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
I highly doubt it, you will most likely retain some water

doubt that i can stay under 10-12??

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »
Well, you want to gain 50 pounds...I say that will take you 3 cycles for sure. And to get to 6% and still be about 210, maybe 4 cycles. That means it will be 2 years until you may be able to compete......

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »
I really want to know what it takes to compete.  It's a lifetime goal of mine, and at 30 I am wondering if it's too late. Especially, given my current size and strength (6'2, 170 and 10%).....I am now finally on HRT at approx. 250mg so that should be a big piece.   Would LOVE to hear from those who have done it and do it and if I'm on the right track for maybe two years.

It's never too late...some guys never do a show until they are in their 40's and they do fine. I know a guy who did his first show at 40 and one the over all in the open. I say find a show you want to do, say one year from now, bulk up as much as you can for the next 8 months and then diet down for the show.

I need to get to 230 and stay under 12%, that way I can cut to 205 or so.

Don't worry so much about weight, worry about what you look like. After all, it's not like you're going to be competing in the Olympia...just put on quality size, and worry about conditioning...this is the biggest factor.

My cardio is limited to just 1 session a week for 30 minutes (is this ok, do I need more???)

If your gains are coming and you're not getting too fat, then it's fine.

I get a good 8 hours of sleep a day, usually more, but I usually wake up at midnight starving, so I grab some veggies and some protein.

If you want the veggies fine, but a better choice or added nutrient would be adding some extra good fats.

I don't drink, period.

Yes you do, wine is drinking.

I smoke maybe a bowl at night 5x a week (never more never any other other time) after training to help me consume more cals (else I'd be too sick to eat, due to training)
I don't like this, it's unnecessary IMO.

I will prob. consume an average of a glass or wo of wine NOW, at night as I have heard good things.
No other booze and I havent sarted this yet.
Like I said, wine is alcohol and should not be a regular part of any BB diet. There are some good health benefits to moderate alcohol consumption, but for a BB the negative out weighs the positive. Alcohol destroys muscle tissue and it slows down the metabolism. 4oz of alcohol takes the body 72hrs for it to reach it's previous metabolic rate, assuming no more was consumed. Obviously the damage done greatly depends on how much alcohol is consumed. I'm not saying you can never drink, but regardless, it should be a rare occurrence, and absolutely never ever when dieting...not 1oz.

I plan to jump start on a cycle now since I have the resources and maybe 2-3 a year always going back o hrt dose. 
Tbal at 40mg
eq at 400mg
test at 600mg
npp at 400mg all for 16 weeks starting monday and tbol for first four. 
Drop the NPP, things like test, deca, eq, tren, HGH, IGF-1, should be make up your cycles. If you like orals, dbol will put on more size but all in all I'm not a big oral fan.

Diet is 50,30, 20 split, c/p/f.........am I missing anything, right mentality??
Less carbs more fat.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 05:04:53 PM »
now those are some great posts and the help I needed.  bulk my ass off  keep it clean m thru fri and endulge a little on the weekends.  4k in clean cals and do cardio only when fueled and 1x a week or on an off day.   ill add some good nuts almonds cashews or something late night too.....how is muscle milk?   this all will keep me lean eight wo cardio?  I know I'm not gonna be shreded but I will be come contest time. 

why do I want to drop the npp?  I just got it.  how bout if I just use it foor cycle numero uno?

I know this is a r yr plan so I got a good year of hardcore bulking.....i should be able to get to 200 if  u guys keep on my ass.

be my coaches and ill fly all u in for a huge post contest party.

I know bout the booze.  trust me.  1 or 2 a week max.    10 glasses of wine a mnth max.  I want to eat most my cals.

I just am so used to doing cardio daily which I think fucked me upl

also I got these free cases of musclemilk and eas shakes bars....use em?    thanks boys for all your help.

explain how testost. supp keeps u lean and big n strong?

also  anyone know bout anavar?  no I'm not getting it...but a buddy asked me bout it....does it eat fat?  would 20mg a dqy do anything for someone cutting?   

Narkissos

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »

Columbus.. you know who i am.

..So hear what i have to say.

You know you'll never be anywhere near where you 'need to be' to 'compete'.

Namely because your stiffest competitor has already beaten you.

..that person being yourself.

You can't stick to a routine.

You can't accept advice.. because your personality drowns out the voices of others.

You can't..and won't be able to compete EVER.

..unless you drown that voice out.

..For that, i think you need psychological help.

No flame intended.. but no apologies either.

-Narkissos
Owner of:
Apollo Fitness Inc.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 10:20:36 PM »
also  anyone know bout anavar?  no I'm not getting it...but a buddy asked me bout it....does it eat fat?  would 20mg a dqy do anything for someone cutting?   

I know you're sick of hearing from me but I don't care. Like I've told you before believe it or not I do try & help you. Even though you either ignore it or give me a start ass answer/response.

Anavar has been shown to lower bodyfat some (but I wouldn't bother with it if I were you - because you're bulking). At 20mg you're "buddy" might get a little stronger & appear more vascular. Remember it would also depend on how that particular person responds to the drug & who made the drug (i.e. UG labs etc).

You still refuse to answer how long you'll be on cycle. Why?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 10:22:50 PM »
also I got these free cases of musclemilk and eas shakes bars....use em?    thanks boys for all your help.

I don't see anything wrong with the Muscle Milk. It would be helpful for you to reach your daily calorie goal(s).

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »
I know bout the booze.  trust me.  1 or 2 a week max.    10 glasses of wine a mnth max.  I want to eat most my cals. 

Here's where I differ from most. If you want to have a drink, that's fine. If you're well rested & hydrated properly it won't hurt you. However, you need to stop at one. & please DO NOT drink anything at all if you're taking orals of any kind there's no need to put extra stress on you liver. If you want the benefits of wine & you're taking orals then drink some grape juice.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 05:07:04 AM »
I am seeing a therapist  biweekly.  6 sessions so far.  thought u knew that.  can't u tell???  How else could I be eating 4k with noooooo cardio?  I use to do cardio every am,  now u tell me to skip it until I'm 190 lbs.
     That's very hard for esp. when my abs are gone.....i got pics as of today........ill post em