Author Topic: Training at the KOLOSEUM with Milos.../A condensed How-to in post 1  (Read 273768 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Training at the KOLOSEUM with Milos.../A condensed How-to in post 1
« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2007, 07:51:05 AM »
how did you like those inclines from a dead stop in the power rack? i do those from time to time and always get sore as shit from them.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2007, 09:16:49 AM »
We do them power-style. Just fuck-all bounce off the rack as fast as you can go. Good finishing move, but no finesse.
i pause the weight on the pins before pressing up , the hard part is keeping the bar in a straight line before starting the next rep.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2007, 09:14:06 PM »
Today was legs. I bit the dust after the first round...skipped the second and finished strong.

Johnny Jackson joined us. Chaos & friend were there too...doing legs on their own.

Pics here: http://www.koloseum.com/gallery//ThumbnailView.php?DOMAIN_Link=&iGalleryUnq=42&iCategoryUnq=1
you skipped the second round ??? If I would have known that then >:(

HAHA I talked with Johnny Jackson a bit this afternoon, he was impressed with the Milos workouts ;) I am impressed with the intensity of the legs workouts you guys do.

oh and I did hear this phrase yesterday, "don't make that face" sound familiar ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2007, 09:17:39 PM »
Why, would you have joined us? heh, ok...next time then  ;D Oh, and it was the second round on the first half -- before you guys arrived...

Yeah, it's hard to control your face when in pain...Hide gives me shit sometimes too cuz when I'm doing stuff on bench, my legs flop around sometimes. heh.

Today was shoulders...I had to leave after the first half tho cuz I had a lunch meeting. So no pics till tomorrow. I dunno...when it rains, it pours. I just got home -- been gone since 11am...same happened yesterday, and pretty much all last week. Hopefully it'll calm down and give me a bit more focus @ gym.

nah, you guys are way too far ahead of me :'( We thought it was funny that Milos would tell you not to make that face, instead of focusing on your form or something that mattered. I missed out today and I'll miss tomorrow as well, when it rains...........
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2007, 12:44:58 AM »
Yeah...kinda weird, but he's doing it to help train my mind -- so I can be calm and relaxed no matter the pain...he's "the mind" afterall

i have such conflicting opinions on this man (i'll have to meet him one day to find out what he's really like) but he's very smart when he's not trying to sell something.

by keeping your face calm, it calms your mind aswell so you can challenge your focus on what you're doing and achieving and, in a bodybuilding sense, obviously that would mean targeting the intended muscle group and creating more forceful and focused contractions.

i learnt this from when i started competing in boxing. novices, especially hws get hyped up, angry and charge in all tense and i was no exception. on the night with the crowd and everything, there is too much adrenaline flowing. i was told by my amateur coach at the time (few years back now) to 'knock this guy out'. well, i could do it in sparring and i did want to be mike tyson so that's exactly what i tried to do.

cut a long story short, i lost the fight (lucky i didn't get ktfo myself), i was so exhausted that i didn't recover for hours after (a police officer at the fight said he saw corpses that looked better than me - i was blue from lack of oxygen ;D) and when i look back at the video, there's the fucking coach slapping me in the face and yelling at me in between rounds (as if i wasn't tight enough ::)). thing is, plan, defense, power, speed, stamina - focus went out the window and that's why i lost.

the reason i bring up fighting is because there are not many other sports where the flight or fight rush kicks in more, yet the best fighters ALWAYS stay calm. same with car racing, anything. staying calm under pressure is an extremely important lesson in sports/life and yes, it starts with the face.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2007, 05:59:10 AM »
i have such conflicting opinions on this man (i'll have to meet him one day to find out what he's really like) but he's very smart when he's not trying to sell something.

by keeping your face calm, it calms your mind aswell so you can challenge your focus on what you're doing and achieving and, in a bodybuilding sense, obviously that would mean targeting the intended muscle group and creating more forceful and focused contractions.

i learnt this from when i started competing in boxing. novices, especially hws get hyped up, angry and charge in all tense and i was no exception. on the night with the crowd and everything, there is too much adrenaline flowing. i was told by my amateur coach at the time (few years back now) to 'knock this guy out'. well, i could do it in sparring and i did want to be mike tyson so that's exactly what i tried to do.

cut a long story short, i lost the fight (lucky i didn't get ktfo myself), i was so exhausted that i didn't recover for hours after (a police officer at the fight said he saw corpses that looked better than me - i was blue from lack of oxygen ;D) and when i look back at the video, there's the fucking coach slapping me in the face and yelling at me in between rounds (as if i wasn't tight enough ::)). thing is, plan, defense, power, speed, stamina - focus went out the window and that's why i lost.

the reason i bring up fighting is because there are not many other sports where the flight or fight rush kicks in more, yet the best fighters ALWAYS stay calm. same with car racing, anything. staying calm under pressure is an extremely important lesson in sports/life and yes, it starts with the face.

very very good post. another aspect is that some bodybuilders psych up too much before lifts, which will drain your mental energies fast! and possibly cause overtraining (altho overtraining is often a misused word and an excuse to not work hard). same goes with guys who think about bodybuilding 24/7, which will make you burn out real quick.

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »
very very good post. another aspect is that some bodybuilders psych up too much before lifts, which will drain your mental energies fast! and possibly cause overtraining (altho overtraining is often a misused word and an excuse to not work hard). same goes with guys who think about bodybuilding 24/7, which will make you burn out real quick.

Of course. Increasing your mental intensity with psyching would lead to adrenal burnout. Why did I never think of this?

That could potentially be more important than force output and volume in terms of overtraining.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »
you appear to be getting a lot leaner garraeth. well done.

not sure what exercise nicole is doing in that second pic (sissy squat?) but whatever it is is fine with me.

something tells me she'd make a great bench presser.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »
damn Garraeth you are looking leaner, especially noticeable in the arms, makes me regret having the 3 bratwurst, 1 hot dog, BBQ hamburger and potato salad i had earlier ;D, what on earth is that chick doing in that picture BTW?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2007, 03:22:42 AM »

::)

maybe you guys can teach the powerlifters etc not to fire themselves up before a big lift and stay calm so they dont drain their mental energies!

and dont forget to tell ronnie coleman to relax before squatting or deadlifting for 2

here's a pic of tom platz, with his calm face

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2007, 03:51:08 AM »
remember to stay calm before lifting  ;D

970 pound deadlift
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #286 on: July 31, 2007, 08:08:53 AM »
remember to stay calm before lifting  ;D

970 pound deadlift

there's a difference between using your whole body to perform 1 max rep and focusing on specific muscle groups for hundreds of reps.

hope this helps. ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2007, 11:42:36 AM »
didnt help. all i read was some bullshit from you and a few others and it still remain bullshit as far as i can see

now show me your war face!
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2007, 12:25:15 PM »
didnt help. all i read was some bullshit from you and a few others and it still remain bullshit as far as i can see

now show me your war face!

that's cool.

the advice was not intended for you so stfu.

what you need is a combination of jenny craig and your internet time monitored. ;)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2007, 09:32:01 PM »
Today was shoulders. Milos upped the intensity, or I'm getting weaker...one of the two. But he's going crazy now to get Hide ready for the Mr. O, and Benice for the Worlds.

3 rounds of:
--reverse delts on the fly machine
--shoulder presses on the calf machine
--shoulder presses on the incline bench press machine (lying on the bench face-down instead of face-up)
--shoulder press machine
--fly machine

3 rounds of:
--lying on incline bench, rear delt flys
--sitting up on incline bench, lateral flys
--sitting up on lincline bench, front delt flys
--standing bent over rear delt flys
--delt press machine
--upright rows
--smith machine shoulder presses
--seated barbell shoulder presses - power

2 rounds of:
--snatch
--clean & press
--overhead press
--upright rows
this was all done w/o putting the barbell down...we only did 2 rounds cuz Milos went nutz and put on 45's (the 1st round was w/ 25's). And Hide was barfing. Heh. So Milos and Hide did it but I only did 5 reps of each and Benice did some and Sasha did some (didn't keep track of them).

--then seated one arm cable pulls for rear delt - alternating arms for 3 rounds each arm
--then right into standing one arm cable pulls for side delt - 3 rounds each arm again

We went insanely fast between rounds. Like no more than a minute (sometimes 30 seconds). So everyone was totally wasted and dizzy...like I said, Hide puked -- too much pre-workout drink I think, combined w/ the added intensity and speed. Cuz he's normally super stable and strong as hell.

I went home and slept an hour.

dayum, hide should be in the best shape of his life. looks like milos is putting everything on the line here.

with the type of training that you guys are doing ie multi joint movements with continuous sets and reps, it just doesn't make sense to me to put something in your gut. if you're working this hard, you need all the blood in the muscles, not the digestive system. :-\

...but then, it probably has something to do with maintaining blood sugar levels after insulin inject, which would be more important than anything.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2007, 05:44:07 AM »
of course youre getting weaker if the rest is less.

a 6 year old can understand this. why cant you?
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2007, 02:52:45 AM »
upper legs are looking huge there garraeth. i'm assuming they pump easy?

good to read that milos still has time and focus for the non-competitors, especially this close to comp. he's obviously passionate about bbing.

new guy looks lean. like he's been off the supplements. i'll expect that he'll blow up soon. ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: August 08, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »
and I'm driving like an idiot cuz I can't focus and walking around with tunnel vision. It's bad. heh.

was that you that cut me off the other day >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2007, 12:57:58 AM »
Probably.

Today was back. Yey. Mine is smaller now than before. It was really hard today. Funny cuz afterwards Steve was asking if we ever got used to it.

I got pissed in the last round cuz on one hand I'm trying to do perfect form and on the other hand, the weight keeps going up...so it's impossible. Fucken ultra heavy weight that I could barely move fresh, much less at the end of the workout...and try doing it with any semblance of form 10x -- not happening. So that was one I said fuck it and stopped after like 4 reps -- 4 useless reps of me swinging the weight. So the next (and last) round I cut the weight in half and did all 10 w/ perfect form. I think sometimes they forget I'm 9 inches taller and not Mr. O... ::)

hahaha ;D

DON'T QUESTION THE MIND'S METHODS PEASANT BOY!!! >:(

what do you mean, "Mine is smaller now than before." ???

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2007, 01:16:45 AM »
yeah yeah...so i had one bad set...bleh. I'm over it.

And, I was just being sarcastic: my back shrank cuz the workout was soooo hard.

:)

8)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »
what happened to jackson ???

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2007, 09:10:08 AM »
Bunch of new galleries of Hide: http://www.koloseum.com/gallery//G_Display.php?iCategoryUnq=3

it's getting pretty close to show time. is he going to start training his back and calves soon?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2007, 08:44:22 PM »
Very cool thread!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »
INSULIN (insula)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »
Any recent pics mang?

Very good log BTW.
As empty as paradise