Author Topic: 7 rules to build a phenominal physique  (Read 25805 times)

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
Re: 7 rules to build a phenominal physique
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 09:58:34 PM »
this advice has to be posted in my gym b/c i'm tired of seeing the challenging two man bench press or the swinging dumbbell curl that has high potential of slipping out of the hands and breaking the entire mirror  :o

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 10:01:48 PM »
Not starting Adonis, but what would you know about professional bodybuilding?

You haven't been able to get over 170 lean in your life.

OWNED hahahahaha

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 10:03:01 PM »
this advice has to be posted in my gym b/c i'm tired of seeing the challenging two man bench press or the swinging dumbbell curl that has high potential of slipping out of the hands and breaking the entire mirror  :o

that two man bench press should be an olympic sport...these fuckers take that shit serious

on my last chest day I did the pec dec for over 30 minutes..countless sets, reps ranged from 10-15 reps
then I did the standard chest work out..that was great
Here comes the money shot

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 10:07:55 PM »
so what your saying is that ronnie coleman has small legs? he trains really heavy for 6-10 rep range and his legs seem a decent size, right? the only people ive ever seen at the gyms ive been too that have big legs go heavy as hell with awsome form.
real men= no rubbers

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 10:11:40 PM »
bizump

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: 7
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 10:25:09 PM »
Thanks, gh15. It's basic advice, but it's valuable advice!!!

I agree, you need to jump you're metabolism after a couple days of low carb dieting.  The third day should confuse the catabolic state, and keep you in an anabolic state with some good carbs, fats on the 3rd or 4th day.
Most are all show no go!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 10:50:33 PM »
I agree, you need to jump you're metabolism after a couple days of low carb dieting.  The third day should confuse the catabolic state, and keep you in an anabolic state with some good carbs, fats on the 3rd or 4th day.

What about six low carb days followed by one high carb day?  Is that too many low carb days in a row?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »
so what your saying is that ronnie coleman has small legs? he trains really heavy for 6-10 rep range and his legs seem a decent size, right? the only people ive ever seen at the gyms ive been too that have big legs go heavy as hell with awsome form.

nonono,,not even close to what i say,,
what i say is ron has 30 inch thighs and he can do what ever he wants at that size,,he already haveeee the muscle dialed in for many years,,now days he only condition it and perfect it with minor fixing if possible inorder to make a difference,, ofcourse when you got 30 inch legs you should not play with 100lb squats,,you should work with heavier weight but also not always,,it depends on couple factors

what im talkin about is not a ron colman of the 2000s but the ron colman of the college years,,,before the ron colman you know,,im talking about the gym person,,the every day guy,,wether juicing or not,,im talkin about the average bodybuilder that walks around with 24 25 26 27 inch thighs and been training couple years and wanna grow himself to a 30 incher,,thats  what im talking about,,

you cant see 30 inch quads if you dont build the size right,,and like everything in life you start from small and basic,,to bigger and better,,and when you are bigger and better you can also play with heavy ass weight,,not always,,but more often

im talking about the 23-26 inch quad bodybuilder 5'10 or so,,that come in a gym and put 14 plates each side of the leg press and work it,,even if he does it semi ok,,it wont grow his legs,,it may make them stronger,,people around will give him complements of how strong he is,,but his legs wont grow,,it will make his bones and tendoins stronger ya,,but muscle wont grow as well as same type of guy that did 7 plates each side 12-15 times to a failure

gotta make the muscle work!
fallen angel

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 12:21:26 AM »

*genetics as you call it on this board is really really not needed for phenominal physiqe,,for phenominal size yes,,but anyone can look like a bodybuilder,,even smaller guys.

wrong...
genetics are essential for a 'phenonnal' physique .. if what you are using the word phenominal in the correct context...
phenominal physiques.. in their primee...
coleman..dillet....flex ...shawn... levrone...
even in the pro circles ..only a handful have phenominal physiques...
this is where genetics... come in... you can clearly see the guys... who have good genes or a little over average genetics.. ... some even have bad genetics...
so your above statement...
.... not accurate
choice is an illusion

whitewidow

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 01:42:21 AM »
How do you explain me, a natural, being bigger than everybody else in the gym?

because you work out a YWCA. ;D

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 01:58:53 AM »
Genetics determine a lot;

They determine the shape of your muscle bellies, response to excercise, response to hormones, frame, yes even such traits as perseverance and dedication. some of these factors can be mediated by training hard and using strict schedules, other factors are set in stone.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 02:25:25 AM »
too many pm question askin about same thing,,how to build an out of this world physiqe,,here is the rules i would obey buy if i started all over again and entered a gym at age 18,,enjoy muchachos ;)

*genetics as you call it on this board is really really not needed for phenominal physiqe,,for phenominal size yes,,but anyone can look like a bodybuilder,,even smaller guys.

------

7 rules to build phenominal physiqe from gh15 house of pain or pain in the ass depends how you look at it,,follow it to the t and you will be able to not only call yourself bodybuilders but also look like ones

1. you dont built big legs with big weights,,you build it with higher number of reps with moderate weight,,pay attention to the 110lb "fitness girl" in your gym,,when she is on the stepper and you are behind her,,take a look at her quad swip and leg development,,,i assure you she didnt achieve it with 6 plates 45lb each side of a barbell,,the fact you see bunch of whores and homos looking at you while you squat dont mean you need to put on the bar 6 plates,,you wont build NOTHING BUT YOUR EGO,,and even then it wont be for long

2. lift only as heavy as you can lift with good form! all the show off movements should be kept to either  when your legs are the size of kamali legs and already been through the growing phase which was years ago for a professional bodybuilder,,or to a specific day of the month that you feel like showing off and not training the muscle for growth purpose. you dont go and put 6 plates each side of the bar when you are 200lb and the pro next to you is 270lb,,dont work this way,,,yes  even if you are on drugs!! the fact you juice dont mean you need to fuck yourself up and not improve,,chose a day to do it,,once a month,,to satisfy your need to be the "best" in the gym

3. use hormones on a regular basis

4. do not quit no matter what,,keep on going and improving,,the ones who quit always try to get back after couple years,,and never get back better,,always chasing the thought of what  would happen if they didnt stop training,,NEVER QUIT!

5. diet matters less when you try to pack on muscle mass,,only when cutting diet really matters!,,pay attention to form and pack in the calories with good stack of hormones,,cut and think about diet later on when wanna do a show,,if you will sit and calculate your diet from the first moment you enter a gym you will NEVER EVER GROW! remember what i told you here,,,guys who start training should never pay 100% attention to diet,,only aspect they need to pay attention in the diet is high enough protien and high enough calories

6. always use ephedrine when cutting,,always use eca when cutting,,alwyas eat less when cutting,,always eat majority of your food clean when cutting,,dont ever give up your dirty food completely when cutting because your body needs it eventhough you are cutting,,doesnt need it overdue but still need it once or twice a week,,your brain needs it!,,especially on hormones and fat burners,,you will never look your best if you completely eliminate carbs during diet phase,,you gotta have them to a limit,,and i dont talk here about no carb up phase before a show im talkin about carb intake during the all diet/prep,,if you keep it at 30grams a day for 4 months  you will end up looking like SHIT and dont listen to what any one else tell you,,you need to know how to cycle carbs right! especially when cutting.

7. if you chose to use supplements,,as in protien powder,,use a good one like allmax or something so you atleast have some good shit coming into your stomack with good taste,,,dont waste your money on crap

Thanx for the tip!!!!
BTW I could bet some money as you are Shaw Ray!!!!! "Don't waste your money..." is a typically endidn sentence of Shawn!!! I might be wrong but...
S

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 02:37:54 AM »
Hence why GVT apparently works.  Lighter weight, more reps, better muscles.

Not necessarly better muscles! More "good Looking" muscles, but not that functional. A muscle needs both high rep and low rep training. Those muscles created with high reps, are weaker and more prone to disappear if you stop training for 2-3 weeks. While muscles trained with both sistems are harder stronger and can be held for much more time. See some strongmen, even when they take/took 3 weeks off theiy didn't/don't lose any muscle, however it isn't that good lookin (except for Mariusz, although there are some strongmen with bber physique).
S

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 02:57:11 AM »
what ron does on camera is for the camera he knows people want to see extreme weights etc

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 03:16:15 AM »

What if the person had really ugly looking muscle bellies and poor insertions?  I guess genetics was not a factor.  ::)

You should be the biggest guy at CURVES. hahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!  Alexxx good work on your bit part in 300, however you are a bit delusional these days.  No offense, you have OK legs, but you're physique is nothing special. 
How is the "cyber" showdown between you and Billygunn going?
\

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 03:42:33 AM »
You should be the biggest guy at CURVES. hahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!  Alexxx good work on your bit part in 300, however you are a bit delusional these days.  No offense, you have OK legs, but you're physique is nothing special. 
How is the "cyber" showdown between you and Billygunn going?

some of those girls have bigger arms than him, I know for sure that they are benching more
Here comes the money shot

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 04:39:59 AM »
Not necessarly better muscles! More "good Looking" muscles, but not that functional. A muscle needs both high rep and low rep training. Those muscles created with high reps, are weaker and more prone to disappear if you stop training for 2-3 weeks. While muscles trained with both sistems are harder stronger and can be held for much more time. See some strongmen, even when they take/took 3 weeks off theiy didn't/don't lose any muscle, however it isn't that good lookin (except for Mariusz, although there are some strongmen with bber physique).
This is true also naturals must also include heavy training to spike their own testosterone levels.  Moreover higher rep training inducing lactic acid will promote growth hormone. Fucks sake when will people learn that there doesn't have to be 'just one method' I mean we all recognise the adaptive nature of the human body right?? Chicherillo emphasises this... but people are very obstenant and everyone has an agenda... even myself. Go out and do the research for yourself, trial in the gym, make notes and for gods sake don't take every chumps' opinion like the gospel.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 05:59:39 AM »

Maybe because the gym is in your basement?
The House that Ruth built

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 06:00:11 AM »

"Good looking muscles"?  ::) It's not that complicated, nor does everyone care about covering all the bases he's decided for us are necessary ie "a muscle needs both high rep & low rep training". ::) I know all about high and low twitch; low rep training is absolutely not required for bodybuiding and can be very counterproductive given the heightened injury potential. Moderate and higher reps are more effective, with far less downside.

For bodybuilding, the benefits of low rep training < heightened injury potential. Coleman's only going low reps for video purposes.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 06:00:59 AM »
Genetics determine a lot;

They determine the shape of your muscle bellies, response to excercise, response to hormones, frame, yes even such traits as perseverance and dedication. some of these factors can be mediated by training hard and using strict schedules, other factors are set in stone.

Ya but that's not what he's saying. He's not denying genetics.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 06:01:47 AM »
wrong...
genetics are essential for a 'phenonnal' physique .. if what you are using the word phenominal in the correct context...
phenominal physiques.. in their primee...
coleman..dillet....flex ...shawn... levrone...
even in the pro circles ..only a handful have phenominal physiques...
this is where genetics... come in... you can clearly see the guys... who have good genes or a little over average genetics.. ... some even have bad genetics...
so your above statement...
.... not accurate

Somehow you missed his point, which was that a good physique can be developed without the phenomenal part being there.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 06:04:14 AM »
This is true also naturals must also include heavy training to spike their own testosterone levels.  Moreover higher rep training inducing lactic acid will promote growth hormone. Fucks sake when will people learn that there doesn't have to be 'just one method' I mean we all recognise the adaptive nature of the human body right?? Chicherillo emphasises this... but people are very obstenant and everyone has an agenda... even myself. Go out and do the research for yourself, trial in the gym, make notes and for gods sake don't take every chumps' opinion like the gospel.

Except that you haven't qualified what "heavy training" is. IMO there is NO need to ever go to low reps. Moderate and high reps all the time will (1) create max. development and (2) do much better in mitigating injuries. The "benefits" of low reps < injury potential.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 06:05:12 AM »
Pumpster is on a roll!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 06:07:17 AM »
Pumpster is on a roll!

Some excellent blanket assumptions and somehow, misinterpretations of posts of someone whose first language is obviously not english. They don't have the same excuse LOL

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 06:11:27 AM »
1-NO
2-Yes
3-NO
4-NO
5-Yes
6-NO
7-N0

Good grief I hope no 18 y/o takes your advice.