Author Topic: Incredible Hulk Movie Audition  (Read 17283 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Incredible Hulk Movie Audition
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 05:33:41 PM »
condor in by the time a cap america film comes out any skinny guy will play it, since he's been dead for 2 months now, and rotting into a skeleton.  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »
Anybody have any news on the movie? The release date is 6/08.

he's going to fight the abomination in it, should be good, the abomination is stronger at base strength, but the hulk will no doubt get angry at the end of the film and squash him.
175lbs by 31st July

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2007, 06:27:07 PM »
condor in by the time a cap america film comes out any skinny guy will play it, since he's been dead for 2 months now, and rotting into a skeleton.  ;D

haha yes you're right  ;)

I've heard rumors on the cap film, they were looking at Pitt for the role, I like Pitt but I think he's dead wrong for it, they will need to find a total all-american blonde to play him, actor Jason Lewis has the mug but you know and I know whoever they find has got to look like the greatest athlete on the planet.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2007, 01:16:19 PM »
brad pitt no >:(

i have no idea who could play him. noone comes to mind :-\

i hear a while ago triple h is favorite for the thor film ! he certainly looks like him.
175lbs by 31st July

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 03:01:39 PM »
Thought I would chime in since I work in the visual effects industry for film.  The closer we get to photoreal CGI human beings, the weirder they look.  It's a phenomena called "The Uncanny Valley" you can go look it up if you like to know more about it.  But essentially it means, the closer we get to an 100% accurate representation of human beings, the more fucked up they look until we hit it dead on 100% then we can't tell the difference.

The problem is, we're only about 90% there in CGI.  The technology to render a still CG image of a human is there, but the problem is, once it starts moving it begins to fall apart.   We see human beings every day and even if 1 little nuance out of the 1000's of movements, lighting etc are wrong then it falls very quickly into the Uncanny valley and it freaks us out. Go watch the recently released movie Beowulf and you'll see what I mean. 

I can't discuss the details of what they are doing on the movie, just know that the budget is going to be smaller this time around so that might effect things quite a bit.  I'm a big fan of Norton when he's got a good director pushing him so we'll see if this turns out good.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »
Yeah ..as a bodybuilder it would be great to see someone like jay or ronnie as the hulk..but the last one was computer generated.I think the audience is expecting more than a normal human being on screen. Im sure they will go computer generated again...they wont risk the box office profits on a character as popular and original as the Hulk

This is the sequel; therefor the hulk will be CGI.  From what I understand, the audition is for a "stand-in or stunt", to help mark the animated hulk's actions (jump, run, walk, etc).  The stand-in or stunt will wear gear to mark the hulk's skeletal proportion on set scene, for the post-prodution CGI work.  They've done most of the filming in Toronto, all summer and fall.

Contrary to Emmortal, the budget is bigger.  Ed Norton and Liv Tyler are box office profitable investments.  There is a reasonably good budget for this sequel. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2007, 11:32:35 AM »
Yea, initially it was gong to be much much smaller, I just looked it up and it's about 20 million more than the original which probably accounts for norton and tylers base pay =)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »
Emmortal, Flylo, Have you guys heard of any Superboy scripts that are being passed among the major Hollywood studios? I heard such a rumor about 4 years back but nothing definite. The script is supposedly based on the newest Superboy version (the kid with the leather jacket going through the usual teen-age problems).

Do you think that Hollywood weil ever use an actor that looks like Superman is supposed to look?

Are either of you guys familiar with Giant Studios?

Thanks

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »
Thought I would chime in since I work in the visual effects industry for film.  The closer we get to photoreal CGI human beings, the weirder they look.  It's a phenomena called "The Uncanny Valley" you can go look it up if you like to know more about it.  But essentially it means, the closer we get to an 100% accurate representation of human beings, the more fucked up they look until we hit it dead on 100% then we can't tell the difference.

The problem is, we're only about 90% there in CGI.  The technology to render a still CG image of a human is there, but the problem is, once it starts moving it begins to fall apart.   We see human beings every day and even if 1 little nuance out of the 1000's of movements, lighting etc are wrong then it falls very quickly into the Uncanny valley and it freaks us out. Go watch the recently released movie Beowulf and you'll see what I mean. 

I can't discuss the details of what they are doing on the movie, just know that the budget is going to be smaller this time around so that might effect things quite a bit.  I'm a big fan of Norton when he's got a good director pushing him so we'll see if this turns out good.

This film has been shrouded in secrecy. The company who created Aslan in "Narnia" are in charge of the Hulk CGI, so it seems a lock, but the lack of leaked images is cause for concern.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2008, 10:37:24 PM »
They showed a preliminary CG hulk head/face at last years Comicon for about 10 seconds.  And yea, that studio is called Rythm & Hues, they are the primary house doing the CG with several other studios picking up other work on it as well.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »
The new trailer is out. I'll see if I can find a link.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2008, 02:10:50 AM »
Emmortal, Flylo, Have you guys heard of any Superboy scripts that are being passed among the major Hollywood studios? I heard such a rumor about 4 years back but nothing definite. The script is supposedly based on the newest Superboy version (the kid with the leather jacket going through the usual teen-age problems).

Do you think that Hollywood weil ever use an actor that looks like Superman is supposed to look?

Thanks

There are scripts for just about anything you can think of, including Superboy.  Now, whether that means it will ever get made into a movie means absolutely nothing.  The Matrix script was bought up back in I believe 1986 and didn't get made until 1997.  Scripts have a tendency to float around and often die in someones vault =)  As far as them using an actor of how he's supposed to look, it would really be difficult to get someone to look exactly like that, he's got very exaggerated proportions so no, probably not.

And yes, I'm very familiar with Giant Studios, what about them?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2008, 11:31:29 AM »

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2008, 04:34:10 PM »

Thanks

I've no idea about that.  But, the movie "Jumper" seems to describe similar ideas.   

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2008, 06:59:26 AM »
this is a pretty good hulk:

go to http://www.marvel.com/movietrailer

then click 'Iron Man's Adventure Conclusion'

the new movie one looks a bit weird, ripped, but lacks the muscle of the first movie.
175lbs by 31st July

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
You're exactly right.  Even the most developed and huge bodybuilders would barely be able to look like an authentic captain america.
CGI is a necessity for true comic fans to buy into it.

rofl nearly every charecter in this cartoon was 300lbs+ with abs. :D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2008, 05:05:37 PM »
this is a pretty good hulk:

go to http://www.marvel.com/movietrailer

then click 'Iron Man's Adventure Conclusion'

the new movie one looks a bit weird, ripped, but lacks the muscle of the first movie.

Looks like the Dale Keown Hulk from 91-93.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »
Looks like the Dale Keown Hulk from 91-93.

yes he does  8) except he's in high def 3d 8)
175lbs by 31st July

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »
Got an invite to the Incredible Hulk world premiere from my nephew but he only gets so many tickets and party invites so I told him to spread them around to the family members and I'll go if he ends up having an extra.

Those cast and crew parties are a hell of a lot of fun but I've been to enough of them and figure that I'll give some other family members a chance to meet the stars and the guys and gals behind the camera who actually get the picture made.

My most recent invite was to attend the cast and crew filming of "NEXT" - the movie where Nicholas Cage could see a bit into the future. I sat in the vicinity of some of the on-screen actors and it was more interesting watching them react to their own acting on the screen than watching the movie itself.

My biggest surprise in this movie business is watching an actor believeably become someone who they never could be but miracuously become once that camera is rolling. He/she literally transforms into someone they are NOT. SOmeone who only exists on a piece of paper called a movie Script.

Biggest and Best example of that is watching Paul Ruben become Pee Wee Herman. The first time I was introduced to him, I never knew he was actually Pee Wee.

And in my own personal opinion, John Wayne was always John Wayne in every movie he ever made. On screen and off, he was always Mr Wayne.

Another actor that always surprises me is Mark Wahlberg. One day he is gonna get an acting role that will place him on the top.

Oh, yea! I forgot to mention - my nephew played the part of both the Hulk and Abomination in this latest version.  He is in every scene in which both characters appear but once he was filmed, the special FX guys took over and hulked him up.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
They CAN'T use computer generation again, it's too corny. There are tons of BBs who can do the role and are plenty big enough standing beside a normal person. Any problems with height can be addressed.
WWE Batista could do the role... He is very tall and muscular...
S