Author Topic: Is UFC ruining America's youth?  (Read 3778 times)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: Is UFC ruining America's youth?
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2007, 11:17:13 AM »
I think it is. I see so many 160lb UFC wannabes all over the place and they all look the same. Shaved head, goatee, tattoos, tapout jacket w/ hoody pulled over their head, wifebeater and they think they are hardcore. This is a new trend like emo or goth, only much more annoying. Everyone is a cage fighter these days it seems.

The other night I was at the gym doing my cardio walking on a treadmill, and one of the aforementioned wannabes got on the treadmill next to me. He starts jogging, and about every 30 seconds he shadow boxes while jogging. It looked so fucking gay, and you could just tell he thought he was a badass. I slapped him in the back of the head and told him to knock it off, and he leaves and goes to the other side of the cardio area and proceeds to do the same thing but on an eliptical machine, pausing to get off the machine and shadow box the wall, then get back on. Such a poser, I knew he wouldnt do shit.

I see people like this everyday around here, and its annoying as shit. Id much rather see an emo or goth than one of these fags who are all image, and in reality cant fight for shit or they would do something

Its not UFC but the exposuer it gets. There has been young people and fighting since the day Adams son knocked out Moses son for giving him the stink eye. The era we live in supports the "tough guy" style more now then ever. Its the music the tv and everything entertainment. People are not taught respect or respect for adults. everybody is worried about little johnny's self esteam and not that little johnny is a asshole. Take the fathers out of the home and nobody is around to smack little johnny and tell him to pull his fucking pants up and go to school and quit laying around the house. So you get a bunch of posers that watch UFC and take a class or two at the local gym and now there MMA fighters. If that was the case you could go to the store buy a gun and become a world class shooter. Until we get to the point that its "Uncool" to act that way were just going to breed more and more. Sad really.