Author Topic: Pacman Jones suspended for 1 year  (Read 5700 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Pacman Jones suspended for 1 year
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 02:08:24 PM »
MSN sports is reporting Pacman Jones has been suspended without pay for 1 year.

Good

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

can he go to Canada for a year
Maybe...if Ricky Williams did....but look at Adam "Pacman" Jones...different situations
1. Ricky Williams = POT HEAD
2 Adam "Pacman" Jones = arrested multiple times and in one case is being "connected" with someone getting shot and paralyzed
3. Some Canadian team might take a chance on him..but i would like to see him refelect on what his actions have done to him and to the NFL
D

body88

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »
Pacman has to much talent to not be picked up by a team willing to "work" with him if the titans tell him to hit the bricks. Expect him to be playing in the nfl if he lives past this year. He will sign a one year deal with a multi year option. The deal will be laden with incentives and clauses.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 09:38:13 PM »

All im saying is this...There should have been a clear cut policy before you land a penality...like serious

That is the pretty stupid..How do you levy a penality with rules that every agrees on...Im not saying nothing should be done, but i am saying a penality with rules to break is bull crap. For example... Take the Roy williams rule...He used to use the horse collar tackle...Well if he did that a few times and broke some ankles(T.O.) and they all of the sudden said man u broke one too many ankles so we are gonna give you a penality...Dude thats crap...But what did they do...They saw it was a problem and then said "ok this needs to change...no more horse collar tackles or you get a personal foul penality" NOW any horse collar tackle after that will be penalized...But to punish with out agreed upon rules is crap.....dont let Preconceptions cloud judgement.
No, this is how precedents are set my friend.  the precedent is set so now it is a rule.  He is a complete moron and disgrace to the game and to his "people" and should be shown that PIECE OF SHIT THUGS get jail time for acting like bangers.  Don't defend the moron.  I hope he lands in jail but because of his money he won't.
Squishy face retard

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 05:30:31 AM »
I hope if he comes back, somebody takes his knee out on the first play.   This guy will end up broke , living on the street, eventually in prison for murder.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 06:47:14 AM »
No, this is how precedents are set my friend.  the precedent is set so now it is a rule.  He is a complete moron and disgrace to the game and to his "people" and should be shown that PIECE OF SHIT THUGS get jail time for acting like bangers.  Don't defend the moron.  I hope he lands in jail but because of his money he won't.

Ok im gonna address the precedent in a min...First off. Gone are the days where one person represents a group...Just as tiger woods, michael jordan, robert johnson, al (i hate this guy) sharpton, and jesse (march for any little thing) jackson, dont represent me. neither do the criminals who are black...So the his "people" shit, you can toss that. Because if one person can represent a race, dude think about it..if youre white "old rooster" represents you. Dude i wont subject a race to that. Now for the defending him thing. Im not defending. He could use a wake up call to put his life in prespective and he can evaluate what he has in front of him and what he has been given. Im simply stating that he has had run ins with the law right....explain these run ins...Detained and questioned right? Never convicted, never at trial. Dude if he is suspended for a year without pay for being questioned then every other player that has been convicted of something should get longer. And for the precedent thing. Dude what if a police officer wanted to set a precedent on you...No law maybe against doing activity A..it may be unattractive but still no law. You mean to tell me that with out laws on the books that you should to go to court and a harsh sentence be brought down and the court says well this is a precedent...thats crap...Usually...If there is an activity that needs to be addressed then one might say. Ok this has been a problem..well here is the new rule. Now anyone who violates this rule is subject to this punishment. But to suspend someone for actions that havent been defined in a rule book nor deemed an infraction, is total crap. Now if they said "pacman u have been a fuck up and are now on probation and if you do anything else "a" will happen." that would be more acceptable.  And precedents arent set with in criminal cases. Precedents are usually set with awards in a suit. Like if a major drug has been the cause of numerous deaths, the first case, outcome, and award can serve as a precedent...thats why in court they say "see blah vs blah" and when its used in criminal cases the original infraction was defined before any of the defendants are arrested...because if not..you can just be arrested, but what would be the charge..you cant arrest someone and then make a law for what you arrested him for after the fact. thats in essence what we are talking about.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 07:31:35 AM »
Ok im gonna address the precedent in a min...First off. Gone are the days where one person represents a group...Just as tiger woods, michael jordan, robert johnson, al (i hate this guy) sharpton, and jesse (march for any little thing) jackson, dont represent me. neither do the criminals who are black...So the his "people" shit, you can toss that. Because if one person can represent a race, dude think about it..if youre white "old rooster" represents you. Dude i wont subject a race to that. Now for the defending him thing. Im not defending. He could use a wake up call to put his life in prespective and he can evaluate what he has in front of him and what he has been given. Im simply stating that he has had run ins with the law right....explain these run ins...Detained and questioned right? Never convicted, never at trial. Dude if he is suspended for a year without pay for being questioned then every other player that has been convicted of something should get longer. And for the precedent thing. Dude what if a police officer wanted to set a precedent on you...No law maybe against doing activity A..it may be unattractive but still no law. You mean to tell me that with out laws on the books that you should to go to court and a harsh sentence be brought down and the court says well this is a precedent...thats crap...Usually...If there is an activity that needs to be addressed then one might say. Ok this has been a problem..well here is the new rule. Now anyone who violates this rule is subject to this punishment. But to suspend someone for actions that havent been defined in a rule book nor deemed an infraction, is total crap. Now if they said "pacman u have been a fuck up and are now on probation and if you do anything else "a" will happen." that would be more acceptable.  And precedents arent set with in criminal cases. Precedents are usually set with awards in a suit. Like if a major drug has been the cause of numerous deaths, the first case, outcome, and award can serve as a precedent...thats why in court they say "see blah vs blah" and when its used in criminal cases the original infraction was defined before any of the defendants are arrested...because if not..you can just be arrested, but what would be the charge..you cant arrest someone and then make a law for what you arrested him for after the fact. thats in essence what we are talking about.

Anyone that totes 81 thousand bucks around in a garbage sack should actually be committed to a mental institution.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

body88

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 08:21:34 AM »

Mal I see your point, but where does the nfl draw the line?  Ten incidents with the police over one year is a lot. Pac mans own family was admitting he was out of control.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 08:26:18 AM »
Mal I see your point, but where does the nfl draw the line?  Ten incidents with the police over one year is a lot. Pac mans own family was admitting he was out of control.

exactly... i agree. but place  law or rule first...then if he does 1 more thing he is fucked...but this just smells wrong to me...because they can set a "precedent" anytime they feel based on this...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 09:09:27 AM »
because they can set a "precedent" anytime they feel based on this...

Yes, they can.

The NFL is a business - their business - and they (the owners who are represented by the commissioner) get to decide whether having him involved in the league is good for their business. 

Taking a hard line like this helps to preserve all the ad revenue streams that have helped to make the NFL the #1 sport in America.  That product has a ton of value and they have to protect it. 

The NFL has done the right thing here in making an example out of Jones. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 09:12:59 AM »
Yes, they can.

The NFL is a business - their business - and they (the owners who are represented by the commissioner) get to decide whether having him involved in the league is good for their business. 

Taking a hard line like this helps to preserve all the ad revenue streams that have helped to make the NFL the #1 sport in America.   That product has a ton of value and they have to protect it. 

The NFL has done the right thing here in making an example out of Jones. 

No paul T made NFL number 1 in america...and he thought long and hard over such issues. He is a lawyer to right...he is familiar with due process

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »
Oh wow.  Hmmm.  Precedents exist outside civil action suits.  So you mean to tell me the first sodomy case ever was unpunished?  The first murder?  First armed robbery?  In essence that is what you are saying in this long speil.  Pacman f ucked up and got punished.  His punishement set the PRECEDENT for all those to follow.  His actions established the rule.  I think a fine or suspension ofr 4 games would let his gangster ass off easily and he would do it again.  He is representative of a culture within the black community, like it or not.  He is an urban black, most likely with gang ties and he exemplifies that very well with his actions.  He and his type make other blacks look bad.  Period.  It isn't a defacto law in this case because he set the rule.  If they tried to punish him for taking amphetamines before the rule was put in place, that would be defacto punishment.

exactly... i agree. but place  law or rule first...then if he does 1 more thing he is fucked...but this just smells wrong to me...because they can set a "precedent" anytime they feel based on this...
The guy is a fucking criminal and if he was on the streets he would be in jail.  He is a role model for American kids and he is a bad one and a bad person, who despite having money to rise above the ghetto bullshit makes himself look like an asshole.
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 02:15:10 PM »
Tell me what he was convicted of..and tell me what he was arrested for...tell me what laws he broke

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »
Tell me what he was convicted of..and tell me what he was arrested for...tell me what laws he broke

He'll plead down and he'll never serve time.  Despite those facts, and the fact that witnesses confirm his assault and weapons possession, his constant behavior and negative incidents show he is not capable of acting like a professional or as an adult and the league needs to set the standard because his idiocy ranks above everyone elses.

From NFL.com
"If just a small portion of the allegations against Pacman are true, he should be expelled from the NFL. Pacman reportedly grabbed a stripper by the hair, slammed her face into the stage and threatened to kill a security guard before a gunman -- alleged to be a member of Pacman's party -- shot up the place. Three people were wounded, including one person who is now paralyzed from the waist down."

If he wasn't rich, these would all be definite convictions.
Squishy face retard

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 10:34:19 AM »
he'll be sharing a cell with maurice clarett by october...
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »
I'm starting to think this guy is another Mike Tyson.  Days before his appearance before Goodell, he is ticketed for speeding and no DL.  On the eve of his appearance, he goes to a strip club.  This guy is not playing with a full deck. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866310

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/05/11/pacman.ap/index.html

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2007, 07:40:30 PM »
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2007, 09:08:26 PM »
It never ends for this moron. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2932509

"Jones was pulled over June 10 at 8:30 a.m. in his orange Lamborghini sports car . . . ."   ???  Who the heck drives an orange car?  I doubt this knucklehead ever plays in the NFL again.   

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »
The new report says that the officer was "targeting" him.  He apparently knew he didn't have a a valid DL and had been to his house before and likely knew he switched the plates on the car.  Hmmm. 
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »
Sounds fishy.