Author Topic: IS ANYONE HERE INTO BB'ING OR LIFTING????????????/  (Read 3701 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
IS ANYONE HERE INTO BB'ING OR LIFTING????????????/
« on: April 13, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »
seems like lately the only posts that get any reponses are the stupid flaming bullshit threads, i know i'm no one to talk as much as i joke around but shit WTF?

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
Re: IS ANYONE HERE INTO BB'ING OR LIFTING????????????/
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »
why talk about either one when we can discuss your pics?

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:11:47 PM »
According to some on this board I'm entirely a lifter. I'm shocked and somehwat appauled that some people here don't give two shits about strength. My BB lifestyle is the result of my love of lifting and getting stronger.
~

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »
Squad, how's your training going anyway? You have some great size (considering the web cam pics are not you lol) and look like you can move around some pretty big weights.
~

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 07:13:05 PM »
According to some on this board I'm entirely a lifter. I'm shocked and somehwat appauled that some people here don't give two shits about strength. My BB lifestyle is the result of my love of lifting and getting stronger.
that's the way it should be.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 07:13:49 PM »
I agree, this is messed up.. 60% of the board has never seen a dumbell in their life... it's becoming a joke when most posters are keyboard cowboys and built like 12 year old boys.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 07:14:09 PM »
Sure, I can answer some questions for the kiddies, having competed in both, bodybudiling and powerlifting events and trained with some knowledgable people...Bob Gruskin, Rich Baretta, Mike Palumbo...to name a few. Ask away...
$

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »
Sure, I can answer some questions for the kiddies, having competed in both, bodybudiling and powerlifting events and trained with some knowledgable people...Bob Gruskin, Rich Baretta, Mike Palumbo...to name a few. Ask away...

Could give me some tips on building a better deadlift? All of my lifts around the deadlift increase but the DL itself. I'm at the point of giving up entirely. My lower back strength went up significantly but not a budge. I'm still doing 335 x 5 on DL. I'll admit it cuz I need the embarrassment as motivation.

But to make myself feel better I'll gladly mention that I can DB row 125 (heaviest db in my gym) for 19+ full reps and BB row 255 for reps.
~

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 07:22:21 PM »
According to some on this board I'm entirely a lifter. I'm shocked and somehwat appauled that some people here don't give two shits about strength.

I don't give two shits about strength, at least not in and of itself.  I've seen lots of powerlifters who were lardasses, and I've seen some powerlifters who were skinny motheruckers. But they were "strong".  ::)

Body composition is my issue. Strength, beyond a certain point, is only a means to an end.
Ron: "I am lazy."

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:11 PM »
next week im doing three plates per side on the incline bench.

did 135kg for reps a few days a go

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
Could give me some tips on building a better deadlift? All of my lifts around the deadlift increase but the DL itself. I'm at the point of giving up entirely. My lower back strength went up significantly but not a budge. I'm still doing 335 x 5 on DL. I'll admit it cuz I need the embarrassment as motivation.

But to make myself feel better I'll gladly mention that I can DB row 125 (heaviest db in my gym) for 19+ full reps and BB row 255 for reps.

How often are you doing full deadlifts? Have you tried any other type...rack deads for a few weeks...using quarters so you start closer to the floor?? Do you do good mornings? Persoanlly, I deadlift on Friday. If I had a really good squat seesion on Tuesday and my back is sore or not 100%, then I do not dead on Friday. If that is the case, I will back off the follwoing Tuesday and maybe klge press first, squat for reps...then my back is 100% and ready that Friday and I kill it. Some times I can go three or four weeks in row and dead heavy. I am lucky with my back...I recover quickly. If you are not, maybe you shoudl try every other week. Rowing and deadlifting do not really corrolate together...if you said you could squat 500 for a few but could only dead 335 for 5 I would say it was weird, but not with good strength on rows. When I hear your reply to some of the questions I asked, I will be able to answer you more specifically on what I would persoanlly do...I forgot to ask...do you squat?
$

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 07:30:14 PM »

I don't give two shits about strength, at least not in and of itself.  I've seen lots of powerlifters who were lardasses, and I've seen some powerlifters who were skinny motheruckers. But they were "strong".  ::)

Body composition is my issue. Strength, beyond a certain point, is only a means to an end.

You are right...strength is a means to and end. I am more of a pwer lifter than body builder now, but have done both. I persoanlly never get really out of shape in the name of strength. I like to balance both...looking ok and staying healthy, and still being strong. Now that I no longer compete (maybe doign something in the future) I still strength train and try to look ok. If I get a chnace in the next few days I will post some pics from some of my meets...I recently moved so I have to do some digging...
$

bigben280

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »
are kidding me, i dont know how many times "new members" come here --me included and ask that VERY SAME QUESTION, and get nothing but bullshit comments and "meltdown", "epic". etc. LIKE comments, and as I remember you were the main one that said something "worthless", your such a joke man,---YOUR THE MAIN ONE THAT doesnt say ANYTHING about working out and eating good-your the one that doesnt bb or lift...computer troll for life, if you dont like this board go to MAYHEM, that board acually will help you get bigger and stronger, the pros on here dont even help, they are here for the same reason im here, for the enertainment value, which can be AWESOME!!! i go to one board to learn, one for fun.--take your guess which one is which??

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »
How often are you doing full deadlifts? Have you tried any other type...rack deads for a few weeks...using quarters so you start closer to the floor?? Do you do good mornings? Persoanlly, I deadlift on Friday. If I had a really good squat seesion on Tuesday and my back is sore or not 100%, then I do not dead on Friday. If that is the case, I will back off the follwoing Tuesday and maybe klge press first, squat for reps...then my back is 100% and ready that Friday and I kill it. Some times I can go three or four weeks in row and dead heavy. I am lucky with my back...I recover quickly. If you are not, maybe you shoudl try every other week. Rowing and deadlifting do not really corrolate together...if you said you could squat 500 for a few but could only dead 335 for 5 I would say it was weird, but not with good strength on rows. When I hear your reply to some of the questions I asked, I will be able to answer you more specifically on what I would persoanlly do...I forgot to ask...do you squat?

Yes squatting is a staple. It used to be my best exercise before HIT mysteriously fucked me over. My best was 335 x 7 and I swear to you now that it has become 275 for 9. It's ridiculous, I know. After HIT it took WEEKS to regain my strength and its nearly all back but squats don't return to the old lifts.

I don't do good morning but started doing hyperextensions. I'm getting much stronger on this exercise. My back also recovers quickly so I'm ready to DL any week I may feel like it. I used to DL every week and it would literally go up a rep or 2 a week. Now, after HIT, it doesn't move.
~

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 07:39:51 PM »
are kidding me, i dont know how many times "new members" come here --me included and ask that VERY SAME QUESTION, and get nothing but bullshit comments and "meltdown", "epic". etc. LIKE comments, and as I remember you were the main one that said something "worthless", your such a joke man,---YOUR THE MAIN ONE THAT doesnt say ANYTHING about working out and eating good-your the one that doesnt bb or lift...computer troll for life, if you dont like this board go to MAYHEM, that board acually will help you get bigger and stronger, the pros on here dont even help, they are here for the same reason im here, for the enertainment value, which can be AWESOME!!! i go to one board to learn, one for fun.--take your guess which one is which??
calm down tiger, have a nice glass of chocolate milk and a deli turkey sandwich.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
Yes squatting is a staple. It used to be my best exercise before HIT mysteriously fucked me over. My best was 335 x 7 and I swear to you now that it has become 275 for 9. It's ridiculous, I know. After HIT it took WEEKS to regain my strength and its nearly all back but squats don't return to the old lifts.

I don't do good morning but started doing hyperextensions. I'm getting much stronger on this exercise. My back also recovers quickly so I'm ready to DL any week I may feel like it. I used to DL every week and it would literally go up a rep or 2 a week. Now, after HIT, it doesn't move.

Well, from the way your squat seems to have a hit a wall like that...and that is hitting the wall...my first guess is that you may be overtraining. I have seen guys plenty of times do things like bench 315 three or fours weeks in a row and get few reps, then they will suddenly be back to benching 300 and struggling.

Some times you need to back away from the heavy stuff and even the lifts when you start to get stale. I would try the different deads for a few weeks...racks deads about mid shin you will be stronger then from the floor...using 25 lbs plates from the floor is tough and you not be able to do as much as a normal dead. Both are great for working on weaknesses.

I would say if you are stuck on either deads or squats with the same weight (or are going backwards at all) to stop doing them for a couple of weeks...I know you will feel like you are lsoing something but you are not. A small break is good sometimes. When was the last time you took a few days off all together? In this case, just with this small bit of info, I would say that I persoanlly would not squat or dead for one week...leg press and do hypers or good mornings for a week.

Then try the different deads for two or three weeks doing 5-6 hard reps. I do not like 1-2-3 reps in every day training unless it is for a show. When I say do 6 reps I do not mean do 1 2 3 4 5 6 easy and put it down...5 and 6 are brutal, almost failure reps. Do that off the pins or with small plates for a couple of weeks and then try the regular deads. Also try a little less weight and take off your belt for these...when you go back to the floor with belt and regular style you will see a difference.
$

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 07:59:33 PM »

good lifts figs

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 08:05:07 PM »
seems like lately the only posts that get any reponses are the stupid flaming bullshit threads, i know i'm no one to talk as much as i joke around but shit WTF?

meltdown

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »
I agree, this is messed up.. 60% of the board has never seen a dumbell in their life... it's becoming a joke when most posters are keyboard cowboys and built like 12 year old boys.

why would a person who doesn't lift be on a bodybuilding board in the first place ?  ???

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »
i'm no bb, just like to lift! sorry :(

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »
calm down tiger, have a nice glass of chocolate milk and a deli turkey sandwich.
you the man. i mean you say shit and people listen. You must be like internet cool.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »
why talk about either one when we can discuss your pics?

bwahahahahhaa  dude i'm getting an awesome ab workout tonight
#

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »
HAHA !!! Dude !!!  You were all about the flaming ......until it came to all about you ..getting flamed !!

By the way ...You got milk in them titties !??  You man cow.. LOL!!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 04:05:28 AM »
 ;D ;D  "worm
mmm but to answer the topic..
I am all about lifting....
choice is an illusion

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:54 AM »

what you reap

is what you sow
T