Author Topic: Sharpton recieves massive amounts of death threats in response to Imus  (Read 15938 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Sharpton recieves massive amounts of death threats in response to Imus
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
So if you had a daugther under the age of 18 and was called a hoe by Imus you would just laugh? ::)
I hope you dont have kids, or ever have them.

Dude it dosent really matter....The fact remains. Sharpton caused a media uproar for nothin and a man is fired...He says "we are not here to bring down imus, but rather to uplift decency" Are you shittin me. If that were the case, The stuff that 50cents says is pretty incedecent. Dont see sharpton calling interscope to drop him from their label...Sharpton sets the black race a few steps back IMO. BEcause he wants to start uproars over little 15 sec soundbytes and crusade for that. But My highschool back in LA (mostly black and hispanic) is extremely over crowded and understaffed and undersupplied...If you want a media uproar...start with that...But nooooo, that might be too much like work. He would serve us better if he uses his celeb for innercity school funding or a million other causes...But because an old ass white man said nappy headed hoes. you want him fired...Not taking into account the things he does with his money with his ranch and everything...He really gets out there does charitable work...If there is one... someone pull up the al sharpton foundation.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2007, 07:45:27 AM »
Were any of them under 18?  I was under the impression that at this point in the year, even most college freshman would be 18.

No but if he is willing to call females that, it doesnt  what age they are.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2007, 07:49:26 AM »
Dude it dosent really matter....The fact remains. Sharpton caused a media uproar for nothin and a man is fired...He says "we are not here to bring down imus, but rather to uplift decency" Are you shittin me. If that were the case, The stuff that 50cents says is pretty incedecent. Dont see sharpton calling interscope to drop him from their label...Sharpton sets the black race a few steps back IMO. BEcause he wants to start uproars over little 15 sec soundbytes and crusade for that. But My highschool back in LA (mostly black and hispanic) is extremely over crowded and understaffed and undersupplied...If you want a media uproar...start with that...But nooooo, that might be too much like work. He would serve us better if he uses his celeb for innercity school funding or a million other causes...But because an old ass white man said nappy headed hoes. you want him fired...Not taking into account the things he does with his money with his ranch and everything...He really gets out there does charitable work...If there is one... someone pull up the al sharpton foundation.

I'm sorry I don't listen to rap but if you are going to use that reference then you cant win. So just because Imus has gave money to the poor that justifies him of using racists and sexist terms towards women?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2007, 08:01:38 AM »
I'm sorry I don't listen to rap but if you are going to use that reference then you cant win. So just because Imus has gave money to the poor that justifies him of using racists and sexist terms towards women?

ok rookie..check it out...comment on everything if youre gonna comment

1. Dont try to act ignorant to the fact that there are rappers that use guy bitch and hoes in their songs..
so my comment was to investigate Sharptons Motives for pursuing this Imus issue. He said it was to promote decency...which is a crock because black rappers say far worse and he isnt promoting decency there...thats the first thing

2. For Imus' statements. I dont think he should have lost his job. For a 15 sec sound byte he is fired! They didnt investigate the whole man before they make a decision like that. I didnt say "his ranch justifies his comments" his first ammendment rights justify his comments. Plain and simple. Im a black man and might be the most pro black here but i know crap when i smell it. Why we are chacing 15 sec sound bytes (black comedians say far worse) there are real huge injustices that get overlooked. Because they are too hard to rectify (sp). Arguing with a guy on the radio is easy...Getting out and organizing something (other than a march) is tough.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2007, 08:32:47 AM »

Is Sharpton dead yet?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2007, 10:09:48 AM »
ok rookie..check it out...comment on everything if youre gonna comment

1. Dont try to act ignorant to the fact that there are rappers that use #### bitch and hoes in their songs..
so my comment was to investigate Sharptons Motives for pursuing this Imus issue. He said it was to promote decency...which is a crock because black rappers say far worse and he isnt promoting decency there...thats the first thing

2. For Imus' statements. I dont think he should have lost his job. For a 15 sec sound byte he is fired! They didnt investigate the whole man before they make a decision like that. I didnt say "his ranch justifies his comments" his first ammendment rights justify his comments. Plain and simple. Im a black man and might be the most pro black here but i know crap when i smell it. Why we are chacing 15 sec sound bytes (black comedians say far worse) there are real huge injustices that get overlooked. Because they are too hard to rectify (sp). Arguing with a guy on the radio is easy...Getting out and organizing something (other than a march) is tough.

Actually Big_mal, this is slightly innaccurate. Sharpton has announced he will be targetting the rap industry so as not to be inconnsistent. I believe him. I think he'll be as consistent as ever, and milk it for all it's worth.

w

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2007, 10:19:48 AM »
Actually Big_mal, this is slightly innaccurate. Sharpton has announced he will be targetting the rap industry so as not to be inconnsistent. I believe him. I think he'll be as consistent as ever, and milk it for all it's worth.

even if he does...(which i highly doubt) i just want "movements" of more substance with outcomes of a bigger impact...I can care less about rap and shit...Make better schools in the innercity...Have that be your target...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2007, 10:20:51 AM »

even if he does...(which i highly doubt) i just want "movements" of more substance with outcomes of a bigger impact...I can care less about rap and shit...Make better schools in the innercity...Have that be your target...

{LOL} Big Mal, you're not getting it are you? The man is being consistent.  ;D
w

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2007, 10:25:35 AM »
{LOL} Big Mal, you're not getting it are you? The man is being consistent.  ;D

Rap has been around wayyyy longer than imus...His intentions arent good. He jumped on this imus thing 2 days after it happend...Rap has been indecent since 1991 (birth of gangsta rap)..He hasnt

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »
Let's get a new thread for the rap music topic.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

Rap has been around wayyyy longer than imus...His intentions arent good. He jumped on this imus thing 2 days after it happend...Rap has been indecent since 1991 (birth of gangsta rap)..He hasnt

But if he jumps on this, stirs up a hornet's nest, get's glorified in the media and gets his ego stroked and increases his ratings, basically creating another shit storm of controversy, with people arguing and getting all upset... the whole time serious issues are not even being addressed, ...would he not be as consistent as ever?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2007, 10:30:31 AM »
Let's get a new thread for the rap music topic.

There is one already started  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=142671.0
w

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2007, 10:30:40 AM »
All I want from Sharpten and Jackson is a apology for what they did to the Duke kids...then disappear.

I just read on muscle mayhem about another attack by black guys on white girl and guy...they raped both, cut off thier genitals (breast and penis) poured chemicals down the girls throat and set them on fire and shot them..

An attack of the same nature without the extra brutality happened on Long Island, ny this year.

Where are ya sharpten.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »
But if he jumps on this, stirs up a hornet's nest, get's glorified in the media and gets his ego stroked and increases his ratings, basically creating another shit storm of controversy, with people arguing and getting all upset... the whole time serious issues are not even being addressed, ...would he not be as consistent as ever?
Im saying this...I can care less about imus or rap music...but i was just lookin at sharptons intentions. He stated that decency was his main goal. And if it is how does he pick and choose...I wish he would just say f it and instead od getting mad when someone says nappy headed hoes....help change the system (a la Dr. Martin luther king) so a dumb ass statememt like that isnt even given a second thought...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »
That would require a certain about of integrity wouldn't it?  I suppose you now have your answer huh?  :P
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2007, 10:56:42 AM »
There is one already started  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=142671.0

Thanks, Jag.

Any way we can move that here to Politics?

24KT

• Getbig V
w