Author Topic: do the pros and top amateur bb's ever ever not use anything throughout the year?  (Read 19998 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
just wondering if the pros ever go off the gear,hg,insulin,etcetera. at any time of the year even if it's for a week, 2 weeks, or 1 month are they ever off the juice? if so do they do this time to recover and use "natural" testosterone boosting supplements and perhaps some estrogen blockers?

or if they do come off for any length of time, do they go off of everything?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
i would say some do. but not many. i know one national level competitor that will take 2-3 months off from everything....including training. he can't stand lifting now without being on something
irongearco.com

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
i know gym rats that dont come off. Always on something
-

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
You'd be surprised at the truth. 
They're all over the board, but some of the ones you wouldn't suspect take time off, probably spend more time off than most.

Of course "off" for them is off AAS....GH and such are still used. 
Anything that doesn't affect the HPTA, and they can convince themselves they can still be "healthy" and use year round....is still used year round.

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
Oh, and "off" is still HRT doses....their own production is pretty much gone. 

So....I guess they're not really off at all.  Just less "on?"

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
just wondering if the pros ever go off the gear,hg,insulin,etcetera. at any time of the year even if it's for a week, 2 weeks, or 1 month are they ever off the juice? if so do they do this time to recover and use "natural" testosterone boosting supplements and perhaps some estrogen blockers?

Absolutely not. They are on full force year round. Wether its getting ready for a show or a guest posing seminar or to meet with would be sponsors. Their idea of going off is to take 4 sustenon per day instead of their usual 10 or 2 anadrol 50 per day instead of their usual 5. Thats just the gas and does not include T3, insilin, or HGH. They need to be in shape or they will get poor publicity and no sponsors. Thats just the way it is on that level and a major fact that knowone seems to understand outside of the competitive bbdg relm.

PB

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Somebody had told me that if you want to be pro sized you can never come off.
$

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!

Smart BB come off in order to clean receptors outs.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN

good point ,but how many smart bber's are their?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
I don't know. Muscle maturity is a funny thing. I'm 29 now and use 1/3 the doses I used when I was 23, plus I go 8-10 weeks on and 12 weeks off...and I'm bigger and harder than I was then, easily.

I think the more muscle maturity you have the longer you can take off. I'd like to believe that there are some pros who are responsible in thier protocols.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
yea, you see 1-2 guys every eyar at the arnold, top pros who look like theyve never trained.  at the Olimpia tho, they are back in top shape.
Addicted to the Steal

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
yea, you see 1-2 guys every eyar at the arnold, top pros who look like theyve never trained.  at the Olimpia tho, they are back in top shape.
IFBB Pro Chuck Sanow is like that. I see him one day and he looks like a normal guy who's fit or maybe "works out" a little.

Then I see him a 3 weeks later and he looks freaky ripped and amazing.

MOST top amateurs never take off. I spoke to very recently a guy doing JRNats as a heavyweight and he told me how he hasn't come OFF in about 2 years. After his AAS cycles he used the ancillary drugs to bring him back to base levels then he got on GH and a little bit of slin(post-workout only) for his OFFSEASON.

He doesn't intend on ever going off to be honest.

I also speak to local guys who might take about 2-4 weeks OFF completely. Otherwise...their 'bridgers' are usually TESt-E at 250mg/week with 20mg of dbol daily w/ 2-4iu's of gh daily.

Sad but very true.
?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

Thats just it though. If they do that, they lose out and then they need to take twice that amount to "catch up" to the front running pro's. Either way, its a double wammy on your system.

PB

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
I wouldn't wanna see some of these guys when they're off the shit
Get Big, or Die Trying

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
If you are using Gear year round ...you just don't have what it takes. No successful BB would use Gear year round.
Several different factor.
1-severe Heath consequences in a very short amount of time.(Would be out of the competitive scene in couple years)
2-The excess use of gear forces your internal organs to a point that creates inability to effectively lean out.
3-The exaltion of receptor would be clear, only accentuating the side affects
4-Long pauses of use are necessary to reestablish internal organs heath and receptors.

Again If someone is using it year to year. 1-You don't know what you are doing
                                                        2-You have serious genetic deficiencies- BB is not for you
                                                        3-You are just totally stupid

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Their idea of going off is to take 4 sustenon per day instead of their usual 10 PB

I highly doubt anyone takes 2500 mg of test EVERY DAY...but I could be wrong.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Of course they will tell you that they come off, or the most they take is like 200mgs a wk of Deca (sure Flex).  ::) 

But I think that everyone in the know realizes that all pro's stay on during the year.  I know pro's that stay on test all year long, and just cycle other drugs in with it.  I tried it for a while as well.  I like to use Lots of test with Dbol or Drol + insulin and creatine when bulking, when cutting I like to use lower amounts of test in conjuction with Fina and Winny.  The test keeps my sexdrive even through out the year.  I tried fina and winny on it's own, however I felt like a bitch whenever a sad movie came on.  :-\

Just my $.02
\

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
he can't stand lifting now without being on something

Pathetic..........
HAHA, RON.....

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
I don't know. Muscle maturity is a funny thing. I'm 29 now and use 1/3 the doses I used when I was 23, plus I go 8-10 weeks on and 12 weeks off...and I'm bigger and harder than I was then, easily.

I think the more muscle maturity you have the longer you can take off. I'd like to believe that there are some pros who are responsible in thier protocols.

I'm exactly in the same boat!!! I'm 27 and using literally a 3rd of what I was when I was 22,23..  I'm at the point where I don't want more size, just shape and balance.. I have no aspirations of being a pro or anything like that, I'm happy with my body, just enjoying life now :)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
I'm exactly in the same boat!!! I'm 27 and using literally a 3rd of what I was when I was 22,23..  I'm at the point where I don't want more size, just shape and balance.. I have no aspirations of being a pro or anything like that, I'm happy with my body, just enjoying life now :)

Ditto.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.

Word, I try not to use more that a Gram of test a Week when I'm bulking, and usually 5-600 when leaning down.  I don't compete anymore so what's the point?  I just want to stay big and have the benefit of accelerated recovery.  ;)
\

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
I'm good friends with a top pro, and he comes "off" for a while here and there. Says he just feels better.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
In another thread on here last week - think it was on the bodybuilders fans and friends board - Lee claimed to be off for 8 months of the year and only on for 4 months pre contest and during contest time. Are we calling bullsh it on this ??

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
In another thread on here last week - think it was on the bodybuilders fans and friends board - Lee claimed to be off for 8 months of the year and only on for 4 months pre contest and during contest time. Are we calling bullsh it on this ??

With Lee I think we can give him a Pass, he no longer competes.  Unless you count that silly PDI thing?  ;) ;D 8)
\