Author Topic: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant  (Read 31891 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2007, 12:25:44 AM »
I think it's only fitting to let Alec have the last word, ...even if it does back up what pumpster & I say

Alec Baldwin in his own words about "What He Has Learned". <--click me

See Tu, BB, Cap, and all the other idiots, this wasn't a spoiled brat acting up,
...it was a frustrated bully acting out, ...and on the wrong person.

I see.  So he was supposed to come out on national TV and talk about what "pig" his daughter was.  Right.   ::) 

Why don't you do the bold, color thing when you're wrong? 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2007, 04:07:08 AM »
I HOPE we know the answer.  Some people are better off not breeding.   :)
Too late unfortunately for some. ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2007, 04:09:05 AM »
This is for getbig "fathers" - biological fathers only, apparently. I've highlighted the parts you don't get, at no charge. Your enlightenment awaits.

It’s time for Alec to get smart

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hollywood hothead Alec Baldwin served up a lame apology yesterday on “The View,” where he blasted the media and vowed to give up his acting career to devote himself to the “cause of parental alienation.”

Baldwin, 49, taped an interview for the ABC chatfest in an attempt to repair his tarnished image following the firestorm sparked by the release of the angry voice mail he left his 11-year-old daughter.

Sandwiched between co-hosts Rosie O’Donnell and Barbara Walters, the unshaven and tense-looking actor teared up at times, dissed ex-wife Kim Basinger and said people who work in the tabloid media are filled with “self-hatred” and “shame.”

Obviously, calling your child a pig or anything else is improper and inappropriate, and I apologize to my daughter for that,” said Baldwin, who also apologized to any others who may have been offended.

“There’s nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry about the situation. It’s the way you do it, and as people often do in this world, I took it out on the wrong person,” he added.

High-powered New York publicist Howard Rubenstein said Baldwin’s pledge to quit acting was a bit over the top and that he shouldn’t have pointed fingers. “He ought to keep repeating, ‘I did wrong,’ and then I think it would sound credible,” Rubenstein said.

Doug Bailey of Rasky Baerlein Strategic Communications said Baldwin’s appearance has “opened new avenues of debate” about his character, parenting and the sincerity of his lifelong pledge to the issue of parental alienation.

“The strategy should have been go on, make your apology, explain your action, take your punishment and end it there,” Bailey said.

And blaming the media - even if it’s true - is never a good idea, he said.“You just don’t get very far blaming the media for your troubles,” Bailey said.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
::)  Like you do? , ...and no CJ, herbal saplings don't count.  ;)

One does not need to poop a litter of kittens to participate in raising them.
I've cared for and participated in the raising of MANY children, from newborns into their teens.
No, they were not biologically mine, however for all intents & purposes, I've raised kids.

I can think of a better place that would work waaaaaaay better.

Jag, the kid is gonna inherit millions.. I'm sure she wont be scarred because her pop yelled at her. And even if she is, she'll have millions to drown her sorrows.

Notice how kids these days, especially the rich ones, are out of control? Don't you think that has something to do with lack of stern discipline from parents?

This was wayyy over blown and you know it. I mean it's nobody's business that he called his kid a "pig"

Howcome two canadians are the only ones in uproaor over this little incident?  :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »
Jag, the kid is gonna inherit millions.. I'm sure she wont be scarred because her pop yelled at her. And even if she is, she'll have millions to drown her sorrows.

Clearly you don't have money.  ::)

Notice how kids these days, especially the rich ones, are out of control? Don't you think that has something to do with lack of stern discipline from parents?

I notice alot of kids out of control, both rich & poor. The majority are poor, ...but it's the rich ones who get the attention. In any event Ireland is NOT an out of control kid. She does have an out-of-control father. What Baldwin did was not discipline. It was a megalomaniacal abusive rant against an innocent person.

This was wayyy over blown and you know it. I mean it's nobody's business that he called his kid a "pig"

But when kids are constantly abused to the point where they exhibit anti-social behaviour it's our tax dollars that are spent on locking them up isn't it? An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

Howcome two canadians are the only ones in uproaor over this little incident?  :-\

Possibly because we're the ones that hail from a civilized country where people know right from wrong.  8)
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
jag

you don't live with ireland

stop acting like you know exactly the type of girl she is ::)

anybody actually given the name "ireland" was born to be a snotty little bitch :)

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
I think it's only fitting to let Alec have the last word, ...even if it does back up what pumpster & I say

Alec Baldwin in his own words about "What He Has Learned". <--click me

See Tu, BB, Cap, and all the other idiots, this wasn't a spoiled brat acting up,
...it was a frustrated bully acting out, ...and on the wrong person.

He pussed out... You can point out whatever you want... He did nothing wrong.

Think whatever you want... He truly doesn't think he did either, and I wouldn't if I were him.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2007, 07:40:17 PM »

I notice alot of kids out of control, both rich & poor. The majority are poor, ...but it's the rich ones who get the attention. In any event Ireland is NOT an out of control kid. She does have an out-of-control father. What Baldwin did was not discipline. It was a megalomaniacal abusive rant against an innocent person.

Wrong...

But when kids are constantly abused to the point where they exhibit anti-social behaviour it's our tax dollars that are spent on locking them up isn't it? An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

You don't live in that house... you don't know that ANYONE is being constantly abused... You don't live with any of them, you're talking about something you just don't know.

Possibly because we're the ones that hail from a civilized country where people know right from wrong.  8)

Haha... you think you're more civilized? Also wrong, but the reality is, this isn't about your civility, this is about you guys not having kids, and those of us that do thinking you need to mind your own business... You're not civilized, you're busy bodies... What's civilized about that?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2007, 08:27:55 PM »
ahhhh... isn't that cute?  :P

Tu, ...has anyone ever told you that you're a real cutie-patootie when you meltdown?  :P  well you are...
w

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2007, 11:26:17 PM »

Tu, ...has anyone ever told you that you're a real cutie-patootie when you meltdown?  :P  well you are...
LOL Imagine what the kidz have to put up with.. :-[

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2007, 05:28:36 AM »
Pussy parenting nowadays is why kids are fucked up in this country.
Making the same mistake in black & white assumptions. It's one thing to be firm as a parent and another altogether to be heavy-handed including verbal abuse.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »

anybody actually given the name "ireland" was born to be a snotty little bitch :)

E

Baldwin: "You are a pig."

Ireland: "Ewwwwwwwwwwww"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2007, 01:16:45 PM »

That's not a meltdown... far from it... You don't know me, or my family.

More 'guessing' from Jags... You're cute when you don't know what you talk about though. ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2007, 01:17:28 PM »
LOL Imagine what the kidz have to put up with.. :-[

Wow... another person who doesn't know anything about my family. Good job pumpster!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2007, 01:23:27 PM »
Clearly you don't have money.  ::)

We know Baldwin is a cokehead, but how do you she did nothing wrong? Shit happens and I'm sure he made up to her by buying her some expensive shit.

I don't think we'll be locking up Ireland anytime soon, jag. If you're trying to bring attention to abused children, don't use this incident because it's a lousy example.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2007, 01:25:42 PM »
Making the same mistake in black & white assumptions. It's one thing to be firm as a parent and another altogether to be heavy-handed including verbal abuse.

Baldwin is probably a shitty parent. Still, I don't feel sorry for his kid because she's fucking rich and making a big deal of a few words said to her is overblowing things.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »

Didn't you say the same thing to Berserker?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2007, 03:43:16 PM »
Wow... another person who doesn't know anything about my family. Good job pumpster!

And he doesn't have any kids.  What a clown.  Tu I think you need to be "forcibly shown lucidity."   :)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2007, 03:44:52 PM »
And he doesn't have any kids.  What a clown. 

And when he finally does have kids, maybe he can show them how to bench 400 lbs on a bowflex. haha  ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »
And he doesn't have any kids.  What a clown.  Tu I think you need to be "forcibly shown lucidity."   :)

Anyone is more than welcome to try and "force" lucidity upon me... :D

It's pretty simple... If you have kids, you get an opinion, but only how to raise your own kids... If you have no kids, you really don't get any opinion on how to raise any of them.

To quote the infamous getbig phrase...

"Hope this helps."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2007, 03:53:15 PM »
And when he finally does have kids, maybe he can show them how to bench 400 lbs on a bowflex. haha  ;D

lol.  Does he really use a bowflex? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2007, 03:54:04 PM »
Anyone is more than welcome to try and "force" lucidity upon me... :D

It's pretty simple... If you have kids, you get an opinion, but only how to raise your own kids... If you have no kids, you really don't get any opinion on how to raise any of them.

To quote the infamous getbig phrase...

"Hope this helps."

I completely agree. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »
I completely agree. 

What a shocker; at least you're not predictable. ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2007, 05:51:44 PM »
What a shocker; at least you're not predictable. ;D

As predictable as you, yes?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2007, 12:26:06 AM »
Didn't you say the same thing to Berserker?

No, ...I said Berserker was sexy when he got angry.

Tu is a cutie-patootie when he has a meltsdown.

There's a difference between being sexy, ...and being a cutie-patootie.

But considering how long you've been married, ...I doubt you'd know the difference even if I explained it. 
w