Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS  (Read 225961 times)

w8m8

Re: PRAYER REQUESTS
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2008, 03:01:32 PM »
If you could say a few words to whatever higher power you believe in please , I'd appreciate it.

I have a friend who attempted suicide , she slashed her ankles , groin , and forearms .
Last I heard they were still replacing lost blood and stitching her up.Her husband found her in the bathroom and hopefully in time.

Her name is Cassie. Thank you  :-*

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »
If you could say a few words to whatever higher power you believe in please , I'd appreciate it.

I have a friend who attempted suicide , she slashed her ankles , groin , and forearms .
Last I heard they were still replacing lost blood and stitching her up.Her husband found her in the bathroom and hopefully in time.

Her name is Cassie. Thank you  :-*
I'm so sorry w8m8. 

Of course I will pray for her and and her family and friends.
R

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »
i feel guitly participating in this thread coz of my avatar, anyhow, i'll pray for cassie.

w8m8

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 08:18:56 AM »
Thank you very much STella and Qb , she's got a long time before she can ever go home but she's in a place she needs to be. I'm grateful for your prayers. It was a very long night. I needed the help  :-*

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 01:07:03 PM »
Thank you very much STella and Qb , she's got a long time before she can ever go home but she's in a place she needs to be. I'm grateful for your prayers. It was a very long night. I needed the help  :-*
should be all good, My prayers always get answered, well not the lotto prayer but you know what i mean, stay positive (easy for me to say)

I remember i had a family member in Intensive Care Unit for 4 months, the best way for me to deal with that was Pray and train (Weights and cardio) and watch movies that make you laugh, It released anxiety, stress.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:19 PM »
Hi everybody I had some bad news a few days ago, one of my best friends mom got diagnosed with cancer. The good news is they got it early and its on her pancrease so they are pretty much gonna remove half of it just to be safe and at this point dont see a need for chemo or any other precautions. If you could pray for her it would be greatly appreciated her name is Mrs. Bowman and she is one of the nicest people in the world. They have taken me on vacations with them every year for a week since me and my friend where about 13 and never asked for anything in return shes my second mother. :'(

and stella i will pray for your back  8)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 09:09:04 AM »
Hi everybody I had some bad news a few days ago, one of my best friends mom got diagnosed with cancer. The good news is they got it early and its on her pancrease so they are pretty much gonna remove half of it just to be safe and at this point dont see a need for chemo or any other precautions. If you could pray for her it would be greatly appreciated her name is Mrs. Bowman and she is one of the nicest people in the world. They have taken me on vacations with them every year for a week since me and my friend where about 13 and never asked for anything in return shes my second mother. :'(

Sorry tony I just read this!  Of course I will pray for Mrs. Bowman!  Do you have any updates on her?

and stella i will pray for your back  8)
Thank you it's much much better! :)
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »
Sorry tony I just read this!  Of course I will pray for Mrs. Bowman!  Do you have any updates on her?
Thank you it's much much better! :)
not yet stella i believe shes do for surgery this thursday so i will have one soon, thanks for your prayers and im glad to hear about your back

w8m8

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 11:57:07 AM »
I'll make sure to pray for Mrs.Bowman tonite tony .

Best of luck for good news .

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 02:39:57 PM »
I'll make sure to pray for Mrs.Bowman tonite tony .

Best of luck for good news .
Thank you w8m8, thank you stella, your thoughts and prayers mean a lot...thank you very much

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2008, 06:45:58 AM »

Please pray for Laura Lee who is having heart surgery on May 22.

Thanks!
R

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2008, 06:49:51 AM »

Thanks!
is that the chick that posts here?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2008, 07:34:24 AM »
is that the chick that posts here?
Yes!

Please also pray for my friend who has an enlarged ovary.
Thanks QB
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »
will do stella tell them our thoughts and prayers are with them

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »
will do stella tell them our thoughts and prayers are with them
Thanks tony!  The ovary is not cancer!!! :D

And Laura's surgery is this Thursday the 22nd!
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »

Thanks!

Hi STella! I'm praying for Laura Lee and for your other friend too!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2008, 09:14:30 AM »
Singer Steven Curtis Chapman's Daughter Dies in Tragic Accident    :o

Thursday May 22, 2008

Grammy-winning Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman suffered an unthinkable tragedy Wednesday when his 5-year-old daughter was killed in an accident involving her brother.

Chapman's youngest daughter, Maria Sue, was hit in the driveway of her family's Franklin, Tenn., home by an SUV driven by her teenage brother, the Associated Press reports. The brother, whose name was not released, apparently did not see the girl.

Several family members witnessed the accident, according to the AP. Maria Sue later died at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Laurie Holloway said.

"It looks like a tragic accident," said Laura McPherson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol. No charges are expected.

"Just hours before this close knit family was celebrating the engagement of the oldest daughter Emily Chapman, and were just hours away from a graduation party marking Caleb Chapman's completion of high school. Now, they are preparing to bury a child who blew out 5 candles on a birthday cake less than 10 days ago," Chapman's manager Jim Houser wrote on a blog dedicated to Maria that was set up for condolences. "These words are unthinkable to type."

Longtime advocates of international adoption, Chapman and his wife adopted three daughters from China, including Maria, and have three biological children as well.

"After our first trip to China, my wife and I knew our lives were changing – our eyes and hearts were opening to how big God really is, and we have wanted to experience more of that," Chapman said on his Web site.

The singer also wrote a book about being a father titled Cinderella: The Love of Daddy and his Princess.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20201819,00.html

:'(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2008, 10:14:02 AM »

Hi STella! I'm praying for Laura Lee and for your other friend too!
Thank you loco!
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2008, 06:11:24 AM »

Thursday May 22, 2008

Grammy-winning Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman suffered an unthinkable tragedy Wednesday when his 5-year-old daughter was killed in an accident involving her brother.

Chapman's youngest daughter, Maria Sue, was hit in the driveway of her family's Franklin, Tenn., home by an SUV driven by her teenage brother, the Associated Press reports. The brother, whose name was not released, apparently did not see the girl.

Several family members witnessed the accident, according to the AP. Maria Sue later died at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Laurie Holloway said.

"It looks like a tragic accident," said Laura McPherson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol. No charges are expected.

"Just hours before this close knit family was celebrating the engagement of the oldest daughter Emily Chapman, and were just hours away from a graduation party marking Caleb Chapman's completion of high school. Now, they are preparing to bury a child who blew out 5 candles on a birthday cake less than 10 days ago," Chapman's manager Jim Houser wrote on a blog dedicated to Maria that was set up for condolences. "These words are unthinkable to type."

Longtime advocates of international adoption, Chapman and his wife adopted three daughters from China, including Maria, and have three biological children as well.

"After our first trip to China, my wife and I knew our lives were changing – our eyes and hearts were opening to how big God really is, and we have wanted to experience more of that," Chapman said on his Web site.

The singer also wrote a book about being a father titled Cinderella: The Love of Daddy and his Princess.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20201819,00.html

The Lord works in mysterious ways... ::)
I hate the State.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2008, 06:14:53 AM »
The Lord works in mysterious ways... ::)
unfortunately for us he does, but no one promised us that we were going to live forever.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2008, 06:37:17 AM »
unfortunately for us he does, but no one promised us that we were going to live forever.

People of faith always find a way to rationalise such things.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2008, 02:09:19 PM »
Any word on laura lee and your friend stella?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2008, 03:32:29 PM »
Any word on laura lee and your friend stella?
Yes, Laura Lee is doing well!  Thanks so much for your prayers--please pray she is in the "65%!"

learn more here:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=216130.0

My friend w/the ovary had a 2nd cancer test that did not indicate cancer thank God.  The thing is she has a calcified cyst in that enlarged ovary (I previously thought it was the other one) and also she has fibroids.

The last we talked about it she said the fact that her ovary is jacked up it has a bigger chance of developing cancer.  I want it removed but that is my selfish opinion.  THey are going to have another ultrasound and exam in 6 weeks.  If it is not "better/smaller" but is the same or worse, they will schedule surgery for removal.  That is the latest update on that!

Thanks for everything tony :)

R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »
Yes, Laura Lee is doing well!  Thanks so much for your prayers--please pray she is in the "65%!"

learn more here:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=216130.0

My friend w/the ovary had a 2nd cancer test that did not indicate cancer thank God.  The thing is she has a calcified cyst in that enlarged ovary (I previously thought it was the other one) and also she has fibroids.

The last we talked about it she said the fact that her ovary is jacked up it has a bigger chance of developing cancer.  I want it removed but that is my selfish opinion.  THey are going to have another ultrasound and exam in 6 weeks.  If it is not "better/smaller" but is the same or worse, they will schedule surgery for removal.  That is the latest update on that!

Thanks for everything tony :)

No problem stella keep us updated I will continue to pray for your friend and laura

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »
Thanks tony!
R