Author Topic: So...what does WIN in Iraq...mean?  (Read 4484 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
So...what does WIN in Iraq...mean?
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:02:17 PM »
whether we leave today or 7 yrs from now..as soon as we leave that place is gonna turn into a terrorist training ground immediately.

the only viable option for an exit is to find someone EXACTLY like saddam to take over..ironic aint it...

soo we r there indefinately...

and the dems and repbs BOTH know this..this back n forth..thats just staging for a bid into the presidency..even if the dems win..i dont think we r gonna pull out..
carpe` vaginum!

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
Re: So...what does WIN in Iraq...mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:04:50 PM »
whether we leave today or 7 yrs from now..as soon as we leave that place is gonna turn into a terrorist training ground immediately.

the only viable option for an exit is to find someone EXACTLY like saddam to take over..ironic aint it...

and the dems and repbs BOTH know this..this back n forth..thats just staging for a bid into the presidency..even if the dems win..i dont think we r gonna pull out..

You couldn't be more right. The Democrats backed down on withdrawl dates after the Veto. They just wanted to create a talking point for the election. Republicans are just stretching things out as long as they can to have their own talking point.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 05:21:33 PM »
According to one buffoon, ... success = an acceptable level of everyday violence.  ::)

So I suppose when Iraqi's get used to and accept car bombs going off and killing roughly 200 people everyday,
and dead bodies and body parts rotting in the roads as an everyday thing, ...success will have been achieved.

Guess what, ...they're already there.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 05:29:06 PM »
It means shit.

The real victory is managing the black gold.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 05:34:18 PM »
This is just one grand piece of theatre. How's everyone concerned playing their parts in your opinions?
w

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »

come on bro lets be real

winning means "we" secured the bases necessary to continue regional transformation (think iran, then who knows, paki, saudi ...?) and have infostructure around the natural resources of that region

when the age of oil is over most of that region will share africas fate

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 05:49:52 PM »
come on bro lets be real

winning means "we" secured the bases necessary to continue regional transformation (think iran, then who knows, paki, saudi ...?) and have infostructure around the natural resources of that region

Yep, ...Pakistan is definitely next on the list, ...except Pakistan has nukes.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 07:19:51 PM »
Yep, ...Pakistan is definitely next on the list, ...except Pakistan has nukes.

They turned on Iraq, so they can do the same to pakistan or saudia arabia..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »
that place is gonna turn into a terrorist training ground immediately.

And the terrorists will control all the Iraqi oil.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 09:26:47 PM »

Except I have a feeling Saudi has tried to cover their asses. They're having their cake and eating it too.
God Forbid the US ever try to cross the Saudis, ...it would be disaster without firing a shot.  :-X
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 12:35:01 AM »
And the terrorists will control all the Iraqi oil.

No it's not.  We're never leaving.  Every major dem and repub candidate now agrees any withdrawl will be over several years.  The oil will be pumped out as quickly as possible, and we'll be there every minute for it.  Nobody with any brains argues it anymore. 

Ritter's argument lost me... he said we should pull out over a decade, and let Iraq's neighbors split the oil.  Would ANY sane nation walk away from 50-70 trillion in oil?  Nope. 

So back to your point, tre... iraq only has 500 al-quida there TODAY by all US estimates.   They're not gonna 'take over' when all the oil is gone.  The place will turn into africa, AIDS will appear magically and knock off 40% of the population in 40 years. 

It's eminent domain, and it's the way of the world.  We're talking macro level here - individuals matter nothing, as we're all short term consumers.  When you talk about the whole middle east - their resources can make 300 to 350 million Americans maintain our #1 spot.  And whatever happens afterwards to clean up the useless region once the oil is gone, well, it is what it is.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 01:07:40 AM »
We may never know because the stupid ass libs want us either to lose the war or surrender to the enemy!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 01:42:11 AM »
We may never know because the stupid ass libs want us either to lose the war or surrender to the enemy!!

Joe, every top dem candidate now agrees we'll be there as long as it takes to withdraw in an orderly and safe fashion.   

That means after we have the oil.  At that point, we don't give a shit what happens to the place, honestly.  NEITHER party does.  But both parties know it's about the oil.  The dems want a timeline so america thinks they're against it.  But BOTH sides know we're in it until the oil is gone.

Joe, here's the problem - you don't think iraq is about oil.  Bush HIMSELF stood in the rose garden in december and said it was about oil.  It is.  They have 50 to 75 tril of it, and we desperately need it.  Every economist in the US agrees with this one.  We're fucked without iraqi oil.  So we're gonna take it.

"Stupid ass libs" = insulting comment against people who understand the oil dynamics of Iraq, which you don't.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 01:41:28 PM »
come on bro lets be real

i ws attempting to be politely facetious..lol i guess its not my thing..
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 01:55:22 PM »

paki has no oil...

paki has access to the indian ocean thru karachi..and access to china thru the karakoram range..2 strategic places..

the US already has a base in Patni ..past Hawksbay...the coastal karachi area infested with robbers and bandits..
there is a paki base there also and i visited when i ws in high school(some class mates dad ws a big shot there)..great beach and the water got real deep real quick..anyhow this gives em access to the ocean..and who knows how many other bases in costal baluchistan..the forgotton province..

and the US has bases up north in the mountains where ya hear stories of fighters appear out of no where " as in from within the mountains"..there ya have it..within striking range of china..

the people of iraq were al least forced to live in harmoney and semi peace by saddam..

paki has never had that...attacking there would be a strategic mistake and ya think this is a mess..you'd have asshole islamists crawling out of the woodwork there....95% of the population is uneducated and and easily swayed into radical thinking..
carpe` vaginum!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

The stupid ass libs want nothing but two things:

1. To stop American servicemen and women from getting killed and;

2. To stop wasting all this money on other countries. This is the most unamerican thing I've ever seen (1 trillion so far has left American's pockets and gone into Hassim's and Abdul's).

Real patriots you guys are!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 05:21:03 PM »
All the dems are doing is appeasing a section of the population that's sick of the war. There will now be a scheduled troop pull out and the dems know this will never happen.   In essence they are buying a few more years of supported public opinion so that the corporations and the government can get what they want out of iraq.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »
imagine what would happen if the US left all of a sudden...pure chaos...we screwed it up so bad over in Iraq, we have to stay.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 05:55:22 PM »
All the dems are doing is appeasing a section of the population that's sick of the war. There will now be a scheduled troop pull out and the dems know this will never happen.   

I agree with this.  I was just talking to someone who returned from Iraq and he believes we are really stuck.  He said if we pull out now it will resemble the genocide in Rwanda. 

The problem is we cannot identify the enemy.  They don't have a command and control center.  They don't have an "army."  They're basically invisible. 

What this tells me is neither party has an answer, because they both appear to be wrong:  if we stay, we continue to take casualties and spend money.  If we leave, we have Rwanda part II. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 06:07:48 PM »
What this tells me is neither party has an answer, because they both appear to be wrong:  if we stay, we continue to take casualties and spend money.  If we leave, we have Rwanda part II. 

If we stay then we get mo oil and stay competitive against china.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 06:11:48 PM »
If we stay then we get mo oil and stay competitive against china.

Hardly.  "We" haven't gotten anything yet.  The government is paying through the nose for this war and will continue to do so. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
Hardly.  "We" haven't gotten anything yet.  The government is paying through the nose for this war and will continue to do so. 

It's so funny that some people still believe that the war in Iraq isn't about oil.

Of course our govt is paying thru the nose for this war - $200 mil a day.  But the windfall from managing Iraqi oil and the fact we now surround Iran on both sides for their eventual topple for oil is worth more than that $200 mil a day.  Iran is the sweet eventual target in all of this: Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas reserves and third in oil reserves

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 07:15:06 PM »
  If we leave, we have Rwanda part II. 

r you trying to sell us that we EVER gave a flying fuck aboyt what happened in rawanda??

seriously..r you white enough to glow in the dark...

see how i play your own game..where i connotate white with idiot  :)
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 07:16:26 PM »
It's so funny that some people still believe that the war in Iraq isn't about oil.

you expect all americans to be smart just cause they live in the 1st world..

doods an idiot..

thankgod he ws born in the US..otherwise he's be a radical muslim by now
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
r you trying to sell us that we EVER gave a flying fuck aboyt what happened in rawanda??

seriously..r you white enough to glow in the dark...

see how i play your own game..where i connotate white with idiot  :)

Actually, if you knew how to read, you'd see the point was there would be mass killings in Iraq if we pulled out now, not that the U.S. cared about Rwanda.