Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 823020 times)

Puller

• Getbig II
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #450 on: September 05, 2007, 05:38:43 AM »
New Topic:

Does anyone out there have a PS3? If so what's your opinion of it? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance.

I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting my wife one for her birthday (it'll also be a present for me too  ;D ).

I have a ps3, i got it when it first came out. If you are into video games it has the best graphics by far.Blows 360out of the water.There aren't too many games right now but there aretonsof things coming out Q407 and Q108. I personally only like racing games and I pretty much got it for the blueray player. I have a new 1080p tv and the movies are unbelievable.I figureed a bluerayplayer was 1000 and the ps3 was only 600 so how could I go wrong.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #451 on: September 05, 2007, 06:17:19 AM »
You know the another one of the challenges of lifting this way is trying to find that 'right" weight. What I mean is going heavy but not going too heavy to where you aren't working the muscle intended...I've only been at this low volume style for a little while but this seems like it's someting you have to pay a bit more attention to. It's very easy to do on chest moves anyway, but even more so now...at least I've found. And I am anal about this...if I'm doing any type of chest press and I feel my shoulders taking over at all or my tri's taking too much of the brunt away from my chest, then that's too heavy...I want chest growth not a big pressing number.

Am I saying all this clearly? I just read over what I said and I'm not sure if I did or not.

Yeah i understand what you mean. Flat bench is a shoulder and tricep movement for me anyway. i can focus on squeezing the pecs on the way up on the light sets but with my power training it's mainly triceps locking the weight out. so i agree with what you are saying. this is why on max effort chest day i do incline DB press and rest pause flyes after my power training, that way i know my chest is getting enough work for some growth. i will say that after a bench competition my chest is always sore as hell, so i know it gets worked quite a bit even though i don't focus on it during the press.

there is definately a TOO HEAVY limit for me as well. i like to be very explosive when i do my triples and doubles. my training partner always says i'm going too light but i like to know i'm in full control of that weight over my chest. i've dumped the bar on my chest before and it doesn't feel very good!

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #452 on: September 05, 2007, 07:36:03 AM »
I have a ps3, i got it when it first came out. If you are into video games it has the best graphics by far.Blows 360out of the water.There aren't too many games right now but there aretonsof things coming out Q407 and Q108. I personally only like racing games and I pretty much got it for the blueray player. I have a new 1080p tv and the movies are unbelievable.I figureed a bluerayplayer was 1000 and the ps3 was only 600 so how could I go wrong.

Thanks.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #453 on: September 05, 2007, 09:03:11 AM »
New Topic:

Does anyone out there have a PS3? If so what's your opinion of it? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance.

I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting my wife one for her birthday (it'll also be a present for me too  ;D ).

yeah...i got it when it was first released...the 60 giger. blue ray is good to go...i dont play games online, howevermy buddy does and says i NEED to. ive played the 360, the only advantage i see it having are the games....tons more games right now for the xbox than the ps3

it can do a whole mess of shit...all of which i dont use...pic and song storage...blah blah blah....

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #454 on: September 05, 2007, 06:01:19 PM »
Anyone out there with Nextel?

PM me for my DC
U

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #455 on: September 05, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »
OK, so trained legs today with that guy I told you all about yesterday and all I can say is fantastically brutal! So glad to actually train with some one again and not fly solo, especially someone who goes balls to the wall! Needless to say, I did not squat with 6 plates, although he did, and I swear his ass almost hits the ground!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: September 06, 2007, 06:33:46 AM »
AJ, you better save up for new blue Jeans...

One thing though.. and we all know this, I dont care if its being competive chasing your buddie on a high power motorcycle on back roads, or trying to match them on plates in the gym... its allways easy to go a little to far.
Ive done it, so has most everyone. 
I dont know if theres a good clear way to put it, but you know what Im driving at.

Its great when you got somone to push you. The art of doing it just right is the trick.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #457 on: September 06, 2007, 06:41:03 AM »
AJ, you better save up for new blue Jeans...

One thing though.. and we all know this, I dont care if its being competive chasing your buddie on a high power motorcycle on back roads, or trying to match them on plates in the gym... its allways easy to go a little to far.
Ive done it, so has most everyone. 
I dont know if theres a good clear way to put it, but you know what Im driving at.

Its great when you got somone to push you. The art of doing it just right is the trick.

Great post...

i always get my best workouts when i train with guys stronger than me. it makes you push yourself just a little more. men are very competitive by nature so we are always trying to hang with the big boys. as long as you don't add too many plates it's always a good idea to compete with your training partner. it helps both of you push yourself a little bit more than normal.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #458 on: September 06, 2007, 12:29:16 PM »

yeah...i got it when it was first released...the 60 giger. blue ray is good to go...i dont play games online, howevermy buddy does and says i NEED to. ive played the 360, the only advantage i see it having are the games....tons more games right now for the xbox than the ps3

it can do a whole mess of shit...all of which i dont use...pic and song storage...blah blah blah....

Thanks.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »
Just had my yummy protein pancakes....wanted to share as I am sure versions have beent thrown around before but damn was it good  :)

1 c. whole oats
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/4 c. cottage cheese
2 packs splenda
cinnamon to taste

Blend high speed, then add
1/4 c. blueberries

top with Smart Balance butter or not and Sugar Free syrup...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2007, 02:47:16 PM »
Just had my yummy protein pancakes....wanted to share as I am sure versions have beent thrown around before but damn was it good  :)

1 c. whole oats
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/4 c. cottage cheese
2 packs splenda
cinnamon to taste

1/4 c. blueberries

Hows the cottage cheese act in the mix? Do they still rise? Dont turn concrete?
It sounds good.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #461 on: September 06, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »
Rises nicely! Not concrete at all and I cook until pretty brown...I added the CC after a suggestion from a friend, good call!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #462 on: September 06, 2007, 02:51:05 PM »
....of course cooked on med heat!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #463 on: September 06, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »

1 c. whole oats
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/4 c. cottage cheese
2 packs splenda
cinnamon to taste

1/4 c. blueberries

Looks similiar to mine:

1 container of egg whites (16 ounces or whatever)
1.5 cups of Oatmeal
1 pound of blueberries
1 small container of fat-free cottage cheese
dash of vanilla extract

Blend until smooth.

I usually eat them twice a week or so & freeze the leftovers.

I also eat them with olive oil butter & honey.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #464 on: September 06, 2007, 02:53:09 PM »
Rises nicely! Not concrete at all and I cook until pretty brown...I added the CC after a suggestion from a friend, good call!

I noticed the same thing. No major problems with them rising or anything.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #465 on: September 06, 2007, 02:54:55 PM »
Looks similiar to mine:

1 container of egg whites (16 ounces or whatever)
1.5 cups of Oatmeal
1 pound of blueberries
1 small container of fat-free cottage cheese
dash of vanilla extract

Blend until smooth.

I usually eat them twice a week or so & freeze the leftovers.

I also eat them with olive oil butter & honey.

DID YOU MEAN TO SAY ONE POUND OF BLUEBERRIES??? DAMN!

I too add vanilla sometimes but been out lately.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #466 on: September 06, 2007, 02:58:11 PM »
I just make my protein pancakes like regular ones, except i add protein powder and a few extra eggs.

I have been sick lately for about a week and i'm finally feeling better, it's because i started antibiotics (i have lung infection). On last monday i went to the dr. and after very brief conversation he gave me scripts to: Antibiotics, strong oral solution with ephedrine and codeine, xanax, albuterol and a few other meds. that i don't know what you call in US. I probably just should have asked something like Anadrol, because he really didn't seem to care what all the things were for...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: September 06, 2007, 02:59:25 PM »
I throw some whey protine in them, but need watch the heat.

Sometimes I make a giant tub full of oatmeal cookies w/ less shugar and extra eggwhites and whey protine. Nuts, rasins, Flax,.... just grab everything in site  ;D

Nice long slow steady energy...

**Rimbaud** - Does your wife ever make "STICKY RICE".  Its so sticky it can roll up in a ball, it seems to be a lot
lower GI index than regular rice. It lasts a long time in the gut.  Its popular w/ the field workers, as it
and a gut full of chicken keeps you going a long time.

Need cook it in a big steam bamboo funnel over boiling water... Good stuff.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #468 on: September 06, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »
I have been sick lately for about a week and i'm finally feeling better, it's because i started antibiotics (i have lung infection). On last monday i went to the dr. and after very brief conversation he gave me scripts to: Antibiotics, strong oral solution with ephedrine and codeine, xanax, albuterol and a few other meds. that i don't know what you call in US. I probably just should have asked something like Anadrol, because he really didn't seem to care what all the things were for...

Wow.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #469 on: September 06, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »
GUYS, watch cooking Whey or any protein powder!! It denatures (breaks down and destroys the amino acids) very, very easy so I would not cook with it at all. Optimum made one a while back that was ok to cook with but I think it tanked.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #470 on: September 06, 2007, 07:47:38 PM »
**Rimbaud** - Does your wife ever make "STICKY RICE".  Its so sticky it can roll up in a ball, it seems to be a lot
lower GI index than regular rice. It lasts a long time in the gut.  Its popular w/ the field workers, as it
and a gut full of chicken keeps you going a long time.

Nope. I'm surprized she can used the toaster. She can barely cook - but the sex is great so I guess that makes up for it.  ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: September 07, 2007, 10:26:49 AM »
Nope. I'm surprized she can used the toaster. She can barely cook - but the sex is great so I guess that makes up for it.  ;D

;D
You cook for her?
Nobody usually gripes about the sex w/ the little slant-eye monsters....
Like James Braown said... Sex Machine baby...
THey can put up a superhuman argument though Huh?   :o
But still, They'z My favorite flavor.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #472 on: September 07, 2007, 11:39:58 AM »
;D
You cook for her?

Yup, I do most of the cooking & holy shit can she argue.  :-\

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #473 on: September 07, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
;D
You cook for her?

Damn right!

i never found a 95 pound woman intimidating until i met my little Viet.

i'm lucky, mine can cook and clean with the best of them.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #474 on: September 07, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »
i never found a 95 pound woman intimidating until i met my little Viet.

Damn right.  ;D