Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 826136 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #625 on: October 08, 2007, 10:19:11 AM »
So whats ridin' on this?  ;D
Not sure yet but we'll come up with something.

Good to hear!

What's this challenge all about? BB or DB incline press? i haven't done BB incline in years but my DB incline is pretty decent.

8)
BB Incline.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #626 on: October 08, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »
BB Incline.

Damn, i haven't done a BB incline press in probably 3 years. always tweaked my shoulder doing them so i've stuck with DB's.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #627 on: October 08, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »
Damn, i haven't done a BB incline press in probably 3 years. always tweaked my shoulder doing them so i've stuck with DB's.

8)
Actually, I like DB incline a lot better myself but I need to be doing more BB so this will help motivate me to do that. You know what's weird is, is that no type of incline movement bothers my shoulders, flat BB bench is fine, but flat DB bench absolutely tears my shoulders apart. I've never been able to figure this out?

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #628 on: October 08, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »
Good to hear!

What's this challenge all about? BB or DB incline press? i haven't done BB incline in years but my DB incline is pretty decent.

8)

What is it?  The 150s for 10?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #629 on: October 09, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »
Actually, I like DB incline a lot better myself but I need to be doing more BB so this will help motivate me to do that. You know what's weird is, is that no type of incline movement bothers my shoulders, flat BB bench is fine, but flat DB bench absolutely tears my shoulders apart. I've never been able to figure this out?

Everyone is different. Incline BB has always bothered my shoulders since day one but i can flat BB or DB bench no problem. i think some poeple just can't do certian movements due to muscle insertion points and bone structure. Incline DB feels great but anything over 315 on BB incline and my shoulders are on fire for 3 days.

Knives - At my strongest i could do 140's for 12-15 deep reps after BB Flat bench. 140's were the highest DB's i've ever seen in a gym around here. i'm sure back then i could crank out a few with the 150's but i'll never know. now i do Incline DB with the 125's because that's the highest they go at my local gym(LA Fitness). even now that i'm clean i can do 20 deep reps with the 125's. when i say deep i mean the DB's touch my body at the bottom, full stretch.

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »
Now, don't go piling on a bunch of fake 45's like they use in bodybuilding mag photo-shoots!!  ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »
Now, don't go piling on a bunch of fake 45's like they use in bodybuilding mag photo-shoots!!  ;)

Shhhhh...we are all meeting at Brad Castleberries gym for some new PR's.  ;)

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
Come on bro...why did you have to disclose my plan to the whole board! Everyone here knows I don't really lift weights. I just like playing make believe. 8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #633 on: October 09, 2007, 04:00:58 PM »
Come on bro...why did you have to disclose my plan to the whole board! Everyone here knows I don't really lift weights. I just like playing make believe. 8)

Sorry AJ, Mr. Rogers is dead. No make believe land for you!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: October 09, 2007, 04:04:09 PM »
I think there been no shortage of fake shots in Flex. Why not, most the training and diet info is fantasy
also.... Oh, and BBers DONT USE AAS!  ::)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #635 on: October 09, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »
Sorry AJ, Mr. Rogers is dead. No make believe land for you!!

True, but this is the internet, the home of the new "Land of Make Believe!" lol!

I think there been no shortage of fake shots in Flex. Why not, most the training and diet info is fantasy
also.... Oh, and BBers DONT USE AAS!  ::)
You're right, BB's don't use AAS...it's all Muscle Tech baby!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #636 on: October 12, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
Sad news in the world of Arnold jr's family.

My cousin who is a QB at one of the local high schools broke several vertebra in his neck during tonight's game...at least that's the initial diagnosis. They took him immediately to a local close by hospital but are now moving him to Vanderbilt because it looks very serious.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: October 13, 2007, 05:24:34 AM »

My cousin who is a QB at one of the local high schools broke several vertebra in his neck during tonight's game...at least that's the initial diagnosis. They took him immediately to a local close by hospital but are now moving him to Vanderbilt because it looks very serious.

AJ Im so sorry to hear that, Damn that HS Football leaves a lot of guys w/ lifelong injuries.
I hope and pray hes ok.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #638 on: October 13, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »

Prayers are with you man. Hope he recovers in full health...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #639 on: October 13, 2007, 10:05:19 AM »

Very sorry to hear that. My prayers are with your family. Keep us posted.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: October 13, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »

Yeah hope the kid is OK. sure he will be.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #641 on: October 13, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »
A little update on my cousins condition. One of the vertebra he broke was the one closest to the skull. Doctors are saying it's a miracle he's even alive. Another good thing, he is not paralyzed, but they are attaching a halo to his head today which he will wear for at least 3months.

Here is exactly what happened. After the snap he took off down field, broke free and went 40yds down field with one guy to beat. As he and the last defender got close he cut hard and slipped...as he slipped the defender dove at him head first and made contact head to head, snapping my cousins head straight back.

He layed on the field for just a second and got up stumbling around and in a daze. When the coaches got to him he couldn't speak at all and he couldn't move his arms. He then collapsed on the ground right there.

He's able to speak right now but he's in a ton of pain. He is also very devastated because he knows his football days are over and his scholarship offers are now most likely out the window. I know it's tough to imagine anyone even thinking about football after something like this, but everyone knows how tough it is when you're passionate about something and it all comes crashing down.

For all of you who offered your thoughts and prayers, i really appreciate it.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: October 13, 2007, 02:52:23 PM »
He sounds very lucky, I hope he recovers fully.
Young guys are as close to indestructable as it gets..

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #643 on: October 13, 2007, 04:51:50 PM »
I bunch of Jesus freaks just came to my door trying to recruit people into their cult or whatever. So I sent them to my bitchy neighbors.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #644 on: October 13, 2007, 05:22:38 PM »
I bunch of Jesus freaks just came to my door trying to recruit people into their cult or whatever. So I sent them to my bitchy neighbors.
True story. A guy I know kept having "Jehovah's Witness" come to his door about 1x a wk. Finlay, he did something and they haven't come back. Last time they came he answered the door in a pair of tighty whiteys and nothing else and said, "hell, we ain't nothin but a bunch of queers in here...y'all come on in!' They haven't been back since, lol.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #645 on: October 13, 2007, 05:30:46 PM »
True story. A guy I know kept having "Jehovah's Witness" come to his door about 1x a wk. Finlay, he did something and they haven't come back. Last time they came he answered the door in a pair of tighty whiteys and nothing else and said, "hell, we ain't nothin but a bunch of queers in here...y'all come on in!' They haven't been back since, lol.

Nice. When I was in college there was a group of Jevovah's Witnesses who would walk into your apartment (no lie - they did it to us a couple times). If the door was locked they would keep turning the knob for a couple minutes while knocking. We got sick of it after awhile so one of my roommates & I decided to fuck with them. We heard them coming down the hall & when they were about ten feet from our door my roommate threw me out the door into the wall across the hall wearing only a pair on tighty whiteys. He then grabbed me by my hair while on the ground & put a gun to my head. He then screamed "If you ever touch my coke again guy you're dead.". Needless to say that scared the shit out of them because they turned & ran out of the building. Well, I never saw them in the building after that. True story.

It should be noted that my roommate got a little overzealous & threw me into the wall pretty hard. The price you pay for peace.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #646 on: October 13, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »
Nice. When I was in college there was a group of Jevovah's Witnesses who would walk into your apartment (no lie - they did it to us a couple times). If the door was locked they would keep turning the knob for a couple minutes while knocking. We got sick of it after awhile so one of my roommates & I decided to fuck with them. We heard them coming down the hall & when they were about ten feet from our door my roommate threw me out the door into the wall across the hall wearing only a pair on tighty whiteys. He then grabbed me by my hair while on the ground & put a gun to my head. He then screamed "If you ever touch my coke again #### you're dead.". Needless to say that scared the shit out of them because they turned & ran out of the building. Well, I never saw them in the building after that. True story.

It should be noted that my roommate got a little overzealous & threw me into the wall pretty hard. The price you pay for peace.
hahaha, priceless!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2007, 05:57:38 AM »
They don't come into my work apartment complex anymore but back a few years ago i would open the door with a 4 foot conan sword in my hand. i'd ask them "are you charlies replacements?"

the look on their faces was priceless. i was much more creative back then, now i just tell them i worship satan and to have a nice day.

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2007, 06:02:52 AM »

I hope he has a speedy recovery.

a good friend of mine was our star running back in high school when we won state 2 times in 4 years. after our final game of the season our senior year we all went out and got pretty wasted. well, he was wrestling(he was also a good wrestler) with another friend and slipped a disk in his back, ending his football days. talk about bad luck, he lost a full ride to Ohio state.

8)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2007, 03:00:14 PM »
my dad answered the door totally nude with beer in hand and they never came back. true story.