Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 822912 times)

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #800 on: November 14, 2007, 08:19:32 PM »
Stories like that make me wish I still had training partners (my wife doesn't count). It's hard to go too crazy by yourself. Man years ago I used to train with these guys & we do crazy 150-200 rep sets of curls & other stuff. Painful but fun in a sick way.

Ya, but look at it on the bright side, the training partners may come and go...but the weights will always be there to challenge you. Training heavy was something I used to enjoy, made me strut around like a proud peacock, but as I have got older, wiser and a little less worried about impressing people I have changed my body into what I have always wanted it to be and with less injuries to go along with it.

But hey Rim if your ever in Canada..let me know I'd be glad to train with ya...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #801 on: November 14, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »
Ya, but look at it on the bright side, the training partners may come and go...but the weights will always be there to challenge you. Training heavy was something I used to enjoy, made me strut around like a proud peacock, but as I have got older, wiser and a little less worried about impressing people I have changed my body into what I have always wanted it to be and with less injuries to go along with it.

But hey Rim if your ever in Canada..let me know I'd be glad to train with ya...

Very true but it's sometimes hard to push yourself when training alone. It always helps tohave someone calling you a pussy while to push through a few more reps?

Where in Canada do you live?

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #802 on: November 14, 2007, 08:24:17 PM »
Very true but it's sometimes hard to push yourself when training alone. It always helps tohave someone calling you a pussy while to push through a few more reps?

Where in Canada do you live?

Ya always liked the pussy aproach, that or a bitch...seemed to work.

Live in Toronto bro, and it's getting freakin cold...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #803 on: November 14, 2007, 08:30:42 PM »

I don't know when I'll get there but when & if I do I'll look you up. If you ever make you way to the Detroit area look me up. Deal?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #804 on: November 14, 2007, 08:34:51 PM »
Straps....

Walked with 80's and had no problem. I force myself to keep my torso upright and step far enough that my ham touches my calf.

My gym gets too crowded to try and manuver a barbell around. I would have to be like Ronnie and do them down the street.
Luckily for me, I can go out into the back parking lot...if not, there is an area that's pretty open in side, and people generally stay out of your way...I've never had a problem.

Plus, on the DB lunges, honestly and I don't say this because I'm some huge beast, even if the grip thing wasn't an issue, the weight is just not heavy enough to get what I need out of these.

For a long time I did what I would consider light weight for lunges and yeah they did do some good...but it doesn't compare to heavy weight lunges...these things kick your ass and really get in there deep IMO. A set or 2 of 135 to get loose, and the form down and then a set or 2 at 185 and 225 is about perfect for me...thought about trying 275 but I know right now this would be way too much and I'd prob only get a few reps. One of my training partners, the beast I've told you all about, he puts up 275 and flies with this weight...he is truly a freak in every sense of the word!

Hell no. Good work though.

Oh come on Rim, you know you need this. ;)

You know it would have been really cool to get 200 reps with this, but I think that is prob imposable...honestly, I was shocked that I was even able to get 100, let alone 110 out of this...funny what a little motivation will do for you, lol! Besides, if I had gotten 200 reps, no one would have believed me any way...I wouldn't have believed it lol!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #805 on: November 15, 2007, 09:28:47 AM »

The mental fortitude needed to push around heavy weights is the key to true intensity. Too many trainees do not understand what it takes mentally to push thru that point.

Now as far as the cold, you all know it is snow bird season down here in the desert so pack up and head on down! Seriously, anyone coming to Az, will hook you up at any gym you want. Will be shoveling tons of sunshine down here for a while  8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #806 on: November 15, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »
My legs are killing me...that is all.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #807 on: November 15, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »

HAHAHA   ;D

I'm gonna have to try something like that sometime, just for the hell of it. 

:)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #808 on: November 15, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »

HAHAHA   ;D

Yeah, I'm glad I did it just so I can say, yeah I did it, lol! But I don't want to ever do that again...never...I'm not being dramatic, it truly was horrible!

....and of course rip, you know who said to me afterwards...."well, you're going to do it again next wk aren't you so you can get 200 reps?" And this was a dead serious comment...of course I've never laughed so hard in my life at anything as I did this...cause the answer to the question are you doing it again next wk...uh, that'd be a big fat Fuck no there buddy!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #809 on: November 15, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »
Have fun with getting off the toilet the next few days! Might want to install a handicap rail for support in getting up and down  ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #810 on: November 15, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »

I bet!

the most i tried was to front squat 225 for 50 and i almost fell over on 49...lol

i went to drive my car home and my leg was shaking just pushing the clutch in.

Good times!

8)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #811 on: November 15, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad I did it just so I can say, yeah I did it, lol! But I don't want to ever do that again...never...I'm not being dramatic, it truly was horrible!

....and of course rip, you know who said to me afterwards...."well, you're going to do it again next wk aren't you so you can get 200 reps?" And this was a dead serious comment...of course I've never laughed so hard in my life at anything as I did this...cause the answer to the question are you doing it again next wk...uh, that'd be a big fat Fuck no there buddy!

LOL come on!!  It's good to have a goal to shoot for.   ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #812 on: November 15, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »

Was talking with my best friend this morning and it came up that I had legs to do today. We got to talking and just for fun I said pick a weight and reps you want and I'll get it...she said 405 for 8...I said come on are you serious, you can do better then that, because that ain't that big of a deal...I said 500 for 8 now that would be a big deal for me. Then she said, OK screw that, 150lbs for 200reps...I just laughed and she said, "oh no, you said I could pick and I'm dead serious!"

OK, the money set: 150lbs 110 reps...hardest thing I've ever done in my life and my legs feel like they are going to fall off.

INSANE!

Women can be so persuasive can't they  ;)

HAHAHA   ;D

Soooo....
you don't want to use the bathroom for a few days?
:

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #813 on: November 15, 2007, 12:20:24 PM »

Soooo....

nahhh, you gals can just "hover"  ;)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: November 15, 2007, 12:25:05 PM »

Soooo....

;D

We have it a lot worse too...we have to sit down EVERY time!  And forget about hovering...that's not even an option when your legs are extremely sore. 

I HATE major leg soreness...like the kind where your knees buckle and you almost fall down if you just take a step at any time without preparing for it first...that's the worst!  :P

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #815 on: November 15, 2007, 12:26:05 PM »
nahhh, you gals can just "hover"  ;)

::)
like that would make it any better  ::)
 8)

You guys seem to forget that "we" go just as often, if not more than you which means we have to "squat" 10X more than you in a day  :-*
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #816 on: November 15, 2007, 12:27:55 PM »
whoops

overlapping posts
 ;D
:

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #817 on: November 15, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »

::)
like that would make it any better  ::)
 8)

You guys seem to forget that "we" go just as often, if not more than you which means we have to "squat" 10X more than you in a day  :-*

So here is my idea and maybe we could make money on it...put a squat rack above the toilet in womens bathrooms at the gym...it would be like a 2 in 1 experiance...just have to figure out that wipe thing with a bar on your back.....lol
Just spot me BITCH!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #818 on: November 15, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »
Air Dry  :D

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #819 on: November 15, 2007, 01:03:57 PM »
I don't know when I'll get there but when & if I do I'll look you up. If you ever make you way to the Detroit area look me up. Deal?

Thats funny you say that, I used to live in Windsor...for about 4 years..loved going across the border, usually the bridge as Mexican town was right there...the flaming cheese at soccis was phenominal. And there was a bar we used to go to were it was .50 a well drink...the floor lit up and it was an old theatre..can't remember the name right now but it will come to me.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #820 on: November 15, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »
The mental fortitude needed to push around heavy weights is the key to true intensity. Too many trainees do not understand what it takes mentally to push thru that point.

Now as far as the cold, you all know it is snow bird season down here in the desert so pack up and head on down! Seriously, anyone coming to Az, will hook you up at any gym you want. Will be shoveling tons of sunshine down here for a while  8)

Whats the temp down there now Bro, my Aunt lives in Flagstaff...used to live in Pheonix. She makes sure calls when she hears we are getting snow, just to rub it in that shes drinkin beside the pool...Not nice at all.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #821 on: November 15, 2007, 01:30:18 PM »
Flag gets pretty cold so she has no room to brag this time of year. Saw they had a low of 26 degrees the other day

Today in Phx, we actually have a few clouds and a bit of drizzle. But has been high in the 80's/50's at night. Still wearing shorts and t-shirt today.

Starting to see all the Canadian licence plates so Snow Bird season has begun!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #822 on: November 15, 2007, 02:22:36 PM »

INSANE!

Women can be so persuasive can't they  ;)

hahaha! Yes, they are the downfall of Arnold jr, lol!

LOL come on!!  It's good to have a goal to shoot for.   ;D

This is true, but I think I'll stick to more "comfortable" goals, lol! Besides I've got enough crap to worry about ....I don't need any more torture in my life rip.  ;)

But I'll admit, I've got back tomorrow and chest on Sat. and I am tempted to try something stupid like this with each of these body parts...at least just once. Why is weight lifting torture sort of fun sometimes, lol?

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #823 on: November 15, 2007, 02:47:16 PM »
Flag gets pretty cold so she has no room to brag this time of year. Saw they had a low of 26 degrees the other day

Today in Phx, we actually have a few clouds and a bit of drizzle. But has been high in the 80's/50's at night. Still wearing shorts and t-shirt today.

Starting to see all the Canadian licence plates so Snow Bird season has begun!

80's good god man I wish, there calling for snow tonight. It's almost time to take out my dogs and sled...j/k. Only place you can wear shorts and a t-shirt right now are the gym and at home...man I miss those days. Mind you in the summer I never trained in shorts my joints can't take it anymore...need warmth.

Just spot me BITCH!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #824 on: November 15, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »
80's good god man I wish, there calling for snow tonight. It's almost time to take out my dogs and sled...j/k. Only place you can wear shorts and a t-shirt right now are the gym and at home...man I miss those days. Mind you in the summer I never trained in shorts my joints can't take it anymore...need warmth.

So sorry to hear that...

You are welcome to become Az's newest snow birds! Just make sure your wife has has blue hair, you take up two lanes when you drive your RV down the road and keep your speed under 55 on the freeways. You will fit in nicely....