Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 825744 times)

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #825 on: November 15, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
So sorry to hear that...

You are welcome to become Az's newest snow birds! Just make sure your wife has has blue hair, you take up two lanes when you drive your RV down the road and keep your speed under 55 on the freeways. You will fit in nicely....

Well the blue hair thing is easy as you see tons of people in Toronto with that style, usually in a mohawk. Two lanes, can I do that in my hummer instead.....and I'll have to drive backwards to do 55. But as far as coming down there, would love to come and see the sun devils play. Well and the college chicks ain't bad down there either. How are the gyms down there at least air conditioned I would imagine?
Just spot me BITCH!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #826 on: November 15, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »
Well the blue hair thing is easy as you see tons of people in Toronto with that style, usually in a mohawk. Two lanes, can I do that in my hummer instead.....and I'll have to drive backwards to do 55. But as far as coming down there, would love to come and see the sun devils play. Well and the college chicks ain't bad down there either. How are the gyms down there at least air conditioned I would imagine?

No, not punk rock blue hair, senior citizen blue hairs! Lots of Hummers so you are good there and driving backwards is about how well most drive here anyway.

As for my DEVILS, two home games left. Turkey Day and U of A Kitty Cats week after. Then off to the Rose Bowl...Go fork em Devils! Chicks, well, yeah, PHX is silicone valley baby!

All the main gyms have air conditioning. Sure there are some hardcore gyms that have swamp coolers. No way you could train May - Oct without A/C. If you are into Fluff Gyms- LA Fitness, Lifetime, Pure Fitness. BB GYMS- GOLD's, Worlds and tons of mom and pops. I go to Lifetime until I get frustrated with the crowd and poor gym etiquette, then go over to Golds.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #827 on: November 15, 2007, 04:11:17 PM »
No, not punk rock blue hair, senior citizen blue hairs! Lots of Hummers so you are good there and driving backwards is about how well most drive here anyway.

As for my DEVILS, two home games left. Turkey Day and U of A Kitty Cats week after. Then off to the Rose Bowl...Go fork em Devils! Chicks, well, yeah, PHX is silicone valley baby!

All the main gyms have air conditioning. Sure there are some hardcore gyms that have swamp coolers. No way you could train May - Oct without A/C. If you are into Fluff Gyms- LA Fitness, Lifetime, Pure Fitness. BB GYMS- GOLD's, Worlds and tons of mom and pops. I go to Lifetime until I get frustrated with the crowd and poor gym etiquette, then go over to Golds.

Fluff gyms, ya no we have Ballys pretty well the same thing..all treadmills and there biggest weight is a a 70 lbs dumbell. If you can lift that your on sauce. We got a golds a little while back, seems to be were all the wrestlers and stuff go when there in town...used to be a gym named Monsters..

As far as the Silicone....ain't all that bad at least you know when you slap it, it goes back into place...and doesn't fall down were there armpit is when they lie on there back.

Cheerleaders down there all well put together though, saw a couple of games and there are some fine looking women down there.

Imagine doing Arnie Jr's routine in the hardcore gyms in the summer....nothing to worry about as far as puking...just have to be careful you don't die. Hardcore gyms is were it is at.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #828 on: November 15, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »
Thats funny you say that, I used to live in Windsor...for about 4 years..loved going across the border,

The only time I've been to Canada was to Windsor ~ just to say I was in Canada  ::)

The only thing I recall was seeing a guy peeing on the side of a building (liquor store). 
I think we were lost in a "not-so-nice" part of town  :-\
:

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #829 on: November 15, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
Fluff gyms, ya no we have Ballys pretty well the same thing..all treadmills and there biggest weight is a a 70 lbs dumbell. If you can lift that your on sauce. We got a golds a little while back, seems to be were all the wrestlers and stuff go when there in town...used to be a gym named Monsters..

As far as the Silicone....ain't all that bad at least you know when you slap it, it goes back into place...and doesn't fall down were there armpit is when they lie on there back.

Cheerleaders down there all well put together though, saw a couple of games and there are some fine looking women down there.

Imagine doing Arnie Jr's routine in the hardcore gyms in the summer....nothing to worry about as far as puking...just have to be careful you don't die. Hardcore gyms is were it is at.

Honestly, my Lifetime has DB up to 140. Half the time they are broken though because someone probably was trying to lift too much and dropped them.

With AC training is easy. I just can not recall anything like Metoflex with garage doors wide open in the middle of July! Death rate would be a bit too high I bet.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #830 on: November 15, 2007, 04:28:33 PM »

The only time I've been to Canada was to Windsor ~ just to say I was in Canada  ::)

The only thing I recall was seeing a guy peeing on the side of a building (liquor store). 
I think we were lost in a "not-so-nice" part of town  :-\

Ya you could call Windsor the scum of Ontario to be honest. Not exactly the nicest town, but that's because it was run down by the students. Alot of youngins come across the border to drink, our drinking age is 19 and yours is 21 if I'm not mistaken. So when school is in it's the place to drink.

Ya, I would not doubt there was a guy doing that, but why on the liquor store is beyond me. I wish we had our liquor and beer in our supermarkets as you guys do across the border...just makes more sense to me. But I'm not the government...so I guess my opinion is like an a hole...I just got one like everyone else.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #831 on: November 15, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »
Honestly, my Lifetime has DB up to 140. Half the time they are broken though because someone probably was trying to lift too much and dropped them.

With AC training is easy. I just can not recall anything like Metoflex with garage doors wide open in the middle of July! Death rate would be a bit too high I bet.

Ya the gym I go to has dumbells that go up to the 200 lbs range....but they have another 5lbs of dust on top, there used that much. I've only seen one guy lift them and that was Greg Kovacs. It's odd to see a guy lift that heavy in our gym....very odd.

As far as AC, your heat is a bit different than ours I believe, ours is humid, were as yours is dry, am I right? The humidity is gross so we always have the AC on. By the way isn't death valley near you anyways?
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #832 on: November 15, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »
Ya, but look at it on the bright side, the training partners may come and go...but the weights will always be there to challenge you. Training heavy was something I used to enjoy, made me strut around like a proud peacock, but as I have got older, wiser and a little less worried about impressing people I have changed my body into what I have always wanted it to be and with less injuries to go along with it.

I think Henry Rollins pretty much sums it up perfectly for me:

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #833 on: November 16, 2007, 04:48:51 AM »
Ya the gym I go to has dumbells that go up to the 200 lbs range....but they have another 5lbs of dust on top, there used that much. I've only seen one guy lift them and that was Greg Kovacs. It's odd to see a guy lift that heavy in our gym....very odd.

As far as AC, your heat is a bit different than ours I believe, ours is humid, were as yours is dry, am I right? The humidity is gross so we always have the AC on. By the way isn't death valley near you anyways?

Nobody knows heat & humid till they been to SE Asia. It makes S Florida Keys or the worst Mid West USA humidity seem almost pleasant.
It gets so brutal it can start to feel like hydraulic pressure. The jungle and rain forest is sweltering.

By 930am most days in Bangkok its getting worse than anything the Mid West can lay out.
Walk outside and your soaking wet in seconds.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #834 on: November 16, 2007, 05:48:11 AM »
I think Henry Rollins pretty much sums it up perfectly for me:

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

I love Hank's spoken word. I so pissed I passed up a chance to see him perform about eight years ago on the Think Tank tour.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #835 on: November 16, 2007, 06:36:44 AM »
I love Hank's spoken word. I so pissed I passed up a chance to see him perform about eight years ago on the Think Tank tour.
I met Rollins in a gas station at about 3 in the morning around 5 or 6 yrs ago. He seemed pretty out of it...he was barefoot, which seemed weird and bought milk and doughnut sticks, lol!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #836 on: November 16, 2007, 08:27:01 AM »
AJ, I did legs last night for the first time in three weeks and thought about you...based on the pain induced by my "normal" leg workout, I can say with certainty that I will never be trying anything like what you did!   :P
:)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #837 on: November 16, 2007, 08:31:26 AM »
I met Rollins in a gas station at about 3 in the morning around 5 or 6 yrs ago. He seemed pretty out of it...he was barefoot, which seemed weird and bought milk and doughnut sticks, lol!

if you were on the amount of drugs he was on you would be barefoot as well!!!

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #838 on: November 16, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »
if you were on the amount of drugs he was on you would be barefoot as well!!!

8)

I was always under the impression that he wasn't into drugs or alcohol. I could be wrong but either way his spoken word is good.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #839 on: November 16, 2007, 09:15:59 AM »
I was always under the impression that he wasn't into drugs or alcohol. I could be wrong but either way his spoken word is good.

i know for a fact he "was" into drugs very heavily. i'm not sure about now.

{Rollins also began to take "large quantities" of LSD during Black Flag tours, after bassist Chuck Dukowski urged him with the words "it will help you not be such an asshole."[10]}

i have actually read alot about him when i was younger.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #840 on: November 16, 2007, 09:36:53 AM »
i know for a fact he "was" into drugs very heavily. i'm not sure about now.

{Rollins also began to take "large quantities" of LSD during Black Flag tours, after bassist Chuck Dukowski urged him with the words "it will help you not be such an asshole."[10]}

i have actually read alot about him when i was younger.

8)

Come on LSD's not a drug....

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #841 on: November 16, 2007, 09:59:45 AM »
Come on LSD's not a drug....

True statement. ;D

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #842 on: November 16, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »
AJ, I did legs last night for the first time in three weeks and thought about you...based on the pain induced by my "normal" leg workout, I can say with certainty that I will never be trying anything like what you did!   :P

Hey, I don't blame you...my legs are hurting worse today then they did yesterday.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #843 on: November 16, 2007, 10:07:46 AM »
Hey, I don't blame you...my legs are hurting worse today then they did yesterday.

That's the worst...that delayed pain.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #844 on: November 16, 2007, 11:26:40 AM »

Dry like your head is in an oven, constant pressure during 115 degree days. Dry I can handle, humid, no way..

Death Valley is in the southern part of California, but close I guess compared to where you are at!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: November 16, 2007, 12:16:30 PM »
That's the worst...that delayed pain.

Delay onset deep muscle pain is nasty. My brother and I did a extreme calf torture thing like AJ way back.
I forget what we did, but I dont forget not being able to walk down stairs with out clutching the handrail and wall for a week.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #846 on: November 16, 2007, 04:24:02 PM »
OK back already but it did not take long to do this, but it hurt like hell!

Was talking with my best friend this morning and it came up that I had legs to do today. We got to talking and just for fun I said pick a weight and reps you want and I'll get it...she said 405 for 8...I said come on are you serious, you can do better then that, because that ain't that big of a deal...I said 500 for 8 now that would be a big deal for me. Then she said, OK screw that, 150lbs for 200reps...I just laughed and she said, "oh no, you said I could pick and I'm dead serious!" I said I didn't think this was even remotely possible but I'd shoot for as many as I could get...needless to say I did not win the bet.

Here's how it went:

Did my calves first because I knew I wouldn't do any thing after the squats.

Warmed up with 4 sets of 20 single leg ext...very light weight.

Did 2 sets of moderate weight leg ext both legs sets of 15

Squats:

2 sets just the bar for 20
2 set 135 for 15
1 set of 225 for 15...did all this just to get my legs really loose and ready.

OK, the money set: 150lbs 110 reps...hardest thing I've ever done in my life and my legs feel like they are going to fall off. At rep number 47 it really really started to hurt, so I stopped for 5sec and just stood there...at around 80something did this again....and then finished off with 110. Didn't throw up but felt like I would...could hardly walk when it was over. Weird thing is my hamstrings hurt worse then my quads, lol!

Anyway, I'm happy with 110 reps. Obviously 150lbs on squats is nothing but that many reps, yeah, it's a major bitch.

Don't worry, this is not something I'm going to make a habit of...it was just for fun and it will be back to normal leg training from now on.

BTW, any takers on beating 110 reps with 150lbs? Will go with the honour system here.

Okay Arnie, I'm never listening to you again, I got to 85 reps and dropped the weight to the floor, I myself was not far behind it. I'm sitting in my chair at work and my legs are so pumped that I feel like I have 2 tree trunks under my desk. I have no intrest in getting up from my desk anytime soon. The worst part is....I have to go a flight of about 25 stairs to go the washroom, so needless to say I sure am holding it longer, but after saying all that....I will do it again, you have set a mark that I must accomplish now.

Thanks.LOL
Just spot me BITCH!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #847 on: November 16, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »

Okay Arnie, I'm never listening to you again, I got to 85 reps and dropped the weight to the floor, I myself was not far behind it. I'm sitting in my chair at work and my legs are so pumped that I feel like I have 2 tree trunks under my desk. I have no intrest in getting up from my desk anytime soon. The worst part is....I have to go a flight of about 25 stairs to go the washroom, so needless to say I sure am holding it longer, but after saying all that....I will do it again, you have set a mark that I must accomplish now.

Thanks.LOL

Piss in a bucket  ;D
Hide it under the desk.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #848 on: November 16, 2007, 04:43:11 PM »
Piss in a bucket  ;D
Hide it under the desk.

LOL. Or Depends and a Maxi Pad

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #849 on: November 16, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »

Thanks.LOL
Hey, I told you it was absolute hell...hardest thing you've ever done in the gym wasn't it?

How did it feel over all? Did the weight ever actually get heavy? When I did it the weight never got heavy, that was never the problem...just the unbelievable burning was what was the worst...that and just being absolutely worn out and breathing like you just sprinted 700yds at full speed, lol! And you're right, best leg pump ever.

Good news for you, if you're like me, the next 2 days, your legs will be in big time pain, ,lol!

I did back this afternoon and did some t-bar rows...getting that crap up off the ground was pretty tough considering how sore my legs were...but what can you do...we can bitch and moan...and yeah it does hurt, but there is undoubtedly a "sick" satisfaction with all that IMO.

BTW, if anyone can actually get 200reps with this, I'll send trab to your house and he'll blow you!!!!!!!