Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 822934 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #900 on: November 26, 2007, 07:48:27 AM »
THIS is what makes me want to build a home gym.

there have been many times that some douche dropped a plate or DB about 3 inches from my foot. my training partners and i don't seem to have a problem removing plates and reracking them, but all the 150 pound guys have to drop them on the ground like in branch warrens DVD. then you have all the high school kids doing assited 1/8th reps with the 100 pound DB's on flat bench and they throw the DB's 3 feet and almost take out half the gym.

i was doing incline DB bench last week and this kid comes up and stands 2 feet from me and does his curls. i asked him nicely to move so i could do my presses. fucker takes one step over and continues. so i just popped the DB's back and almost knocked him over. WTF? does this make me an asshole? i don't really care.

i'm going to start making the hour drive to my powerlifting gym again. we actually kick members out for shit like this.

8)

Steel Toe boots for just that reason when I had to use these circus gyms.
The girls are THE ONLY good excuse to go there.

ALso, when benching, theres the constant danger of some total dumass walking by and  bumping the bar end.
I see them get way too close often, grabbing plate off the racks etc. 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #901 on: November 26, 2007, 09:32:39 AM »
THIS is what makes me want to build a home gym.

I wish I had the space to build one. My house is only about 1200 square feet & my wife has a ton of shit.  :-\

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #902 on: November 26, 2007, 09:37:42 AM »
I wish I had the space to build one. My house is only about 1200 square feet & my wife has a ton of shit.  :-\

I feel your pain. i live in a 1100 s.f. apartment by my work right now. but it beats the 1.5 hour drive from my grandparents old house in the country where i stay on the weekends.

i'm going to build a house next year hopefully but nothing major.

Shit, my girl has a 2100 s.f. house to herself and all 3 closets are filled to the gills with clothes. it's unreal, half the shit she has never worn...lol

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #903 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »
Come one Luv, if you don't wear a tank top, then you can't be hardcore...the tank top is what makes you hardcore and nothing else.

...and just so you know, I've got a t-shirt, an Xtra tight t-shirt...you know, the kind that's skin tight and the sleeves look like they're cutting into the muscle on your arms. Anyway, it's one of the old original House of pain t's, it's got a skull on the back of it and around it, it says "Get Big or Die!" And no, I've never once worn this thing to the gym, I bought it at a show several years back just because I liked it, but seems like a pretty stupid thing to wear in public, lol! True, I do have a few shirts that probably walk right on the edge of the line as to what some of you would or would not wear in the gym or in public, but that one I just described is just too much.

Ahhh...haa haa.... I know the Under Armor kids @ Lifetime Fitness very well when I train at about 3:30, they sturt in with their gear on and go to work on those monster sets you described.

As for the small tight shirts, I just strut around town in my 3rd Grade shirts! ;D

But seriously, I have bought some of those too that look cool then you feel like a tool if you walked out of the house in them. Might as well throw on the multi-colored unitards to match.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #904 on: November 26, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »
Ok guys time for me to get serious. I've decided to try & go back to school. I don't have time or money but if I don't do it now I'll never do it. I figure now would be as good of a time as ever (no kids at the moment). Right now I'm torn between getting any one of the following degrees:

MS - Public Safety
MBA - General Business
MS - Organization & Management
MS - Organizational Psychology
MS - Sport Psychology

Keep in mind I've got no fucking clue as to what I'll be doing in five years. I'm looking to change careers & I'd love to where I live as well. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the above degrees & what you would go after if it were you.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #905 on: November 26, 2007, 09:59:44 AM »
Ahhh...haa haa.... I know the Under Armor kids @ Lifetime Fitness very well when I train at about 3:30, they sturt in with their gear on and go to work on those monster sets you described.

As for the small tight shirts, I just strut around town in my 3rd Grade shirts! ;D

But seriously, I have bought some of those too that look cool then you feel like a tool if you walked out of the house in them. Might as well throw on the multi-colored unitards to match.

I know your pain. I train at Lifetime & see them all the time. However, I find the guys with the big guts who wear the skin tight UA shirts much more funny.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #906 on: November 26, 2007, 10:18:23 AM »
Ok guys time for me to get serious. I've decided to try & go back to school. I don't have time or money but if I don't do it now I'll never do it. I figure now would be as good of a time as ever (no kids at the moment). Right now I'm torn between getting any one of the following degrees:

MS - Public Safety
MBA - General Business
MS - Sport Psychology

Keep in mind I've got no fucking clue as to what I'll be doing in five years. I'm looking to change careers & I'd love to where I live as well. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the above degrees & what you would go after if it were you.

Public safety for the job security, and your prior work will blend nice. The Psych stuff is interesting, but easy to budget cut. Maybee you want to add taht later?
The Business degrees maybee, but lots getting cut there. If you had particular Biz experience to go with it...
 Im lookin at an Economy that is not good to stick around a long time. Too many issues with no solution.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #907 on: November 26, 2007, 10:32:14 AM »

MS - Public Safety
MBA - General Business
MS - Sport Psychology

Sport Psychology should have a lot of upside and growth IMO. You could counsel a lot of baseball players that are getting depressed from being forced to stop juicing! Seriously, I do believe it is an up and coming career.

Business is always nice if you want to own and run your own business.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #908 on: November 26, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
I know your pain. I train at Lifetime & see them all the time. However, I find the guys with the big guts who wear the skin tight UA shirts much more funny.

Sorry how could I forget those guys who stand right in front of the DB rack and makes it impossible to put back the heavy weights when they are curling 12.5 lbs DB's.

On Turkey day, one fat middle aged Under Armour champ was so sweaty and smelly and would not move when I tried to put back the 130's. He got the hint when I almost knocked him on his ass! Hate to be like that, but there is no gym etiquette anymore.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #909 on: November 26, 2007, 11:23:52 AM »
i'm working on my MBA. i have a BS in Civil Engineering and i'm going to start my own Engineering Consulting Business in a few years. if i wasn't going to start my own business i would have done something else.

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #910 on: November 26, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »
would not move when I tried to put back the 130's. He got the hint when I almost knocked him on his ass! Hate to be like that, but there is no gym etiquette anymore.

that is an everyday thing at my gym. if i walk up and some dude is 1 foot from the rack and doesn't move i'll just set the DB's at his feet and walk off. i'm not fucking up my back because he can't take 3 steps backwards.

the first gym i trained at had a red line with hatching that said "no standing". it was about 5 feet wide off the racks and everyone stayed out of that area. it worked great.

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #911 on: November 26, 2007, 11:55:44 AM »
that is an everyday thing at my gym. if i walk up and some dude is 1 foot from the rack and doesn't move i'll just set the DB's at his feet and walk off. i'm not fucking up my back because he can't take 3 steps backwards.

the first gym i trained at had a red line with hatching that said "no standing". it was about 5 feet wide off the racks and everyone stayed out of that area. it worked great.

8)

I pretty much had to "bump" him to make him realize I had to put them back. I was strapped in so could not just drop them. He knew where I was headed and still did not move so had to give him a little nudge  ;) He got the picture after that as his next set was behind the DB rack and out of the way! 

Lifetime needs the red line, I like that idea!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #912 on: November 26, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »
Lifetime needs the red line, I like that idea!

Lifetime needs a fucking wall...people would ignore the line.

I did notice that you have to plan your free weight workouts according because certain days/times it's impossible to use the dumbbells.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #913 on: November 26, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »
That is funny because depending on the muscle group I am working, will determine if I go to Golds or to Lifetime. Since today is Monday, I mean, Chest Day for the world, will go to Golds to avoid the Under Armor mass monsters @ Lifetime.

I thought of bringing "cones" with me to square off the area I am working in so numb-nuts will get the idea to back off!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #914 on: November 26, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »
You know it Rip...right back atcha. make sure those pants get "extra" tight this wk end, lol!
Yeah agreed...what's the deal ripster? No decent locker room is complete without a poster or two ;)

What are we going to have to do? Are Rim and I going to have to post pics of our nasty butt cheeks and call it a day, lol! Something tells me, this would not be all that hot or appealing  :-X

My pants ARE extra tight now.   :'(

I'll give some thought to a locker room pic, but I wouldn't object at all if you and Rim want to post pics of your butts.   ;D

:)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #915 on: November 26, 2007, 03:19:08 PM »

I'll give some thought to a locker room pic, but I wouldn't object at all if you and Rim want to post pics of your butts.   ;D

...hmmmm....I guess I'd better wash my ass and snap a few quick pics ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #916 on: November 26, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
...hmmmm....I guess I'd better wash my ass and snap a few quick pics ;)

Send those to her via PM please.

Thanks.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #917 on: November 26, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »

Quit teasing!  >:(

Seriously....who wants to see my ass?  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #918 on: November 26, 2007, 06:04:31 PM »

8)

Man that line is a good idea.  Today the gym was so full of freaks I just had to look and shake my head.  I just could not believe the shit I was seeing!!  I think I need a new gym.  Man I'm sure Ive done some stupid shit or maybe not have had the right gear on but DAMN!! It looked like a mentally/physically challenged open gym day in there  :'(

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #919 on: November 26, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »
Quit teasing!  >:(

Seriously....who wants to see my ass?  ;D
Every woman on getbig.com and apparently for whatever reason, your wife, lol!

Man that line is a good idea.  Today the gym was so full of freaks I just had to look and shake my head.  I just could not believe the shit I was seeing!!  I think I need a new gym.  Man I'm sure Ive done some stupid shit or maybe not have had the right gear on but DAMN!! It looked like a mentally/physically challenged open gym day in there  :'(

Yep, my gym was packed today...much more then normal...and I'm sure every gym across the U.S. was as well.

Today at work I told a buddy of mine, "I guarantee you the gym will be packed today" and what do you know, slammed. Always is the Monday after thanksgiving...right up there with Jan. 2nd.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #920 on: November 27, 2007, 03:15:22 AM »
Every woman on getbig.com and apparently for whatever reason, your wife, lol!

Yep, my gym was packed today...much more then normal...and I'm sure every gym across the U.S. was as well.

Today at work I told a buddy of mine, "I guarantee you the gym will be packed today" and what do you know, slammed. Always is the Monday after thanksgiving...right up there with Jan. 2nd.

That's only because she has to see it now!

I took Monday off from the gym because of the crowd. I didn't even need to drive by to know that the mutants would be out in force.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #921 on: November 27, 2007, 06:16:39 AM »

Last night i mentioned the line to the manager at LA fitness and he says "i wasn't aware we had a problem and i don't think that would fix it even if there was a problem"...what a moron, this guy doesn't leave the front desk so i'm sure he has no idea there is an actual problem.

it seems alot of idiots are taking over all the gyms down here as well. my gym is always packed on monday night and it's getting worse. last night a lady was doing lunges and was using the flat bench to hold her towel and water bottle. i asked her nicely if i could use the bench and she said "when i'm done"...she did 5 more sets. ::)

i guess it's back to benching on sundays.

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #922 on: November 27, 2007, 06:53:35 AM »
Last night i mentioned the line to the manager at LA fitness and he says "i wasn't aware we had a problem and i don't think that would fix it even if there was a problem"...what a moron, this guy doesn't leave the front desk so i'm sure he has no idea there is an actual problem.

it seems alot of idiots are taking over all the gyms down here as well. my gym is always packed on monday night and it's getting worse. last night a lady was doing lunges and was using the flat bench to hold her towel and water bottle. i asked her nicely if i could use the bench and she said "when i'm done"...she did 5 more sets. ::)

i guess it's back to benching on sundays.

8)

You should have taken a drink of her water, layed the towel out on the bench to lay on and proceeded to warm up. Would have loved the look on her face!!

I think I am bringing a spray paint can to Lifetime with me and designate my own area!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #923 on: November 27, 2007, 07:09:52 AM »
Cones and Yellow Caution Tape.

These fools would all die in about 45min on a comercial construction site.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #924 on: November 27, 2007, 08:25:29 AM »
You should have taken a drink of her water, layed the towel out on the bench to lay on and proceeded to warm up. Would have loved the look on her face!!

i've done stuff like that before, works like a charm. anytime i see a water bottle sitting on a bench and nobody comes by for a few minutes i just knock it off the bench and proceed. i did this a few weeks ago and literally 10 minutes later this kid comes up and says "i was using that"...i told him "not any more".

i'm really not a rude person but sometimes i get irritated at all these worthless humans who think they own the gym.. this one guy uses 5 different benches and machines for his circuit training during the busiest time of the day. then he complains to the management when people "steal" his machine...fuck

i would have been rude if she wasn't old, she was pushing 60 and i didn't want her to have a heart attack...lol

8)