Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 826297 times)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #975 on: November 28, 2007, 09:15:31 PM »
They're the greatest band of all time...how could they put on a bad show?
....and if anyone disagrees with this, I will fight you right now!

no need to fight arnold...id rather dig into my ears with hot pokers than listen to metallica....

i have pretty eclectic taste in music for the most part.....but there are 3 standing rules in my truck:

1) no country
2) no rap (unless its the old stuff)
3) no metallica

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #976 on: November 28, 2007, 09:26:29 PM »
no need to fight arnold...id rather dig into my ears with hot pokers than listen to metallica....

i have pretty eclectic taste in music for the most part.....but there are 3 standing rules in my truck:

1) no country
3) no metallica
I agree with #2...for the most part I can't stand rap...every know and then though there will be a song I like.
Country music, some stuff is OK...can depend on my mood but listening to it is very rare just the same.

Sorry, guess I'll be a rock/metal head guy till I die, lol!

BTW, how can you not like Metallica? It doesn't get any better then "Master of Puppets"

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #977 on: November 28, 2007, 09:31:56 PM »
just dont like them....dont really like guns and roses either...

im plenty old enough, i just never got into those 2 bands...its not the genre of music, its the bands.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #978 on: November 28, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »
Sorry bro loved the concert. Better than saying Marc Anthony and JLo...got twisted to go...girlfriend threatned to take away sex...

Van Halen was a good concert as was the Tragically hip.

I love the Hip but I've never had a chance to see them. Live keeps getting in the fucking way.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #979 on: November 28, 2007, 10:13:30 PM »

1) no country
3) no metallica

How old we talking? I love me some NWA, Too Short, etc... (all pre 1995ish).

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #980 on: November 28, 2007, 10:13:52 PM »
just dont like them....dont really like guns and roses either...

im plenty old enough, i just never got into those 2 bands...its not the genre of music, its the bands.
I'm not a big G&R fan either...some of the songs are OK though, but I've never bought an album or gone to a show.

Anyway, nothing gets me revved like Metallica, excluding the last album which was horrific IMO. The new album sounds promising from what I've heard so far. Of course I'd imagine this means very little to you, lol!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #981 on: November 28, 2007, 11:10:59 PM »
One of my best friends & I used to argue about what was the best band of the 80's. I said U2 & he said the Cars. I like U2 but best band of the 80's I don't know. I mainly did it to get under his skin.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #982 on: November 29, 2007, 04:00:46 AM »
Ok, not fair....just because we ride around on horseback and the sirens are attached to our hats means nothing.....

YOu got to be kidding  ;D   Fing sirens on your hats?  I bet you dont press the button much?
I got nothing against cops, but the USA Law and Order thing is Way Overdone. Weve lost too much freedom here, and nothing good has come from it.

I dont fight fair, not even a little, But Im not FIghting Anyone OVer a concert.

I been to some crazy Shit back when there was NOT SO MUCH LAW AND ORDER  8)

BEST show?  Hands down, AC/DC  IN ROCKFORD ILL.  About 1978 I think, somthing wrong with my memory,
but I do recall having to walk on & step over passed out bodies face down in the mud in the ball field.
Packed like a sardine can, and Almost 100 Degree F   & some dipshit climbed on top a Foul overflowing porta-pottie for a better view. So loud you could feel the bleachers vibrate (I think.. ;D)

It was awesome, me and a friend fought our way to the stagefront for a while, It was horid but the crowd was electric  and they preformed with insane energy in that heat.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #983 on: November 29, 2007, 04:34:55 AM »
YOu got to be kidding  ;D   Fing sirens on your hats?  I bet you dont press the button much?
I got nothing against cops, but the USA Law and Order thing is Way Overdone. Weve lost too much freedom here, and nothing good has come from it.

I dont fight fair, not even a little, But Im not FIghting Anyone OVer a concert.

I been to some crazy Shit back when there was NOT SO MUCH LAW AND ORDER  8)

BEST show?  Hands down, AC/DC  IN ROCKFORD ILL.  About 1978 I think, somthing wrong with my memory,
but I do recall having to walk on & step over passed out bodies face down in the mud in the ball field.
Packed like a sardine can, and Almost 100 Degree F   & some dipshit climbed on top a Foul overflowing porta-pottie for a better view. So loud you could feel the bleachers vibrate (I think.. ;D)

It was awesome, me and a friend fought our way to the stagefront for a while, It was horid but the crowd was electric  and they preformed with insane energy in that heat.

Damn that had to be an awesome show!  Duing those years drugs flowed freely, joints passed by all.  Plus AC was at their prime then, thats when a concert was a concert....kind of like an acid trip......for many Im sure it was  ;)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #984 on: November 29, 2007, 04:39:34 AM »
Damn that had to be an awesome show!  Duing those years drugs flowed freely, joints passed by all.  Plus AC was at their prime then, thats when a concert was a concert....kind of like an acid trip......for many Im sure it was  ;)

Fing Awesome Luv.... ;D

So loud the neighbors by the stadium had a great show sitting in their yards.
We walked FOREVER just to get to it.
Grass and hash were basicly treated as legal back then.

It was SO packed that them OD's were face down in the mob. Youd come up to a little oassis of space to discover it was a body face down, it was SO crowded you HAD to step over or on them. Pretty bad.

They put on a hell of a show in the heat.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #985 on: November 29, 2007, 06:31:31 AM »
They're the greatest band of all time...how could they put on a bad show?
....and if anyone disagrees with this, I will fight you right now!

Start driving...

They suck ass in concert now. well, compared to when i saw them in the early 90's. the last metallica concert i went to i couldn't even understand what James was singing but i knew the song anyway. they are nothing compared to what they were. plus their new music is horrible.

best concerts ever.

David Allen Coe
Metallica in 1992
Pantera in 1993
Coal chamber
Marilyn Manson - puts on the best concerts, even if you hate his music
Megadeath 1994
White Zombie 1996
Ozzy Osborn

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #986 on: November 29, 2007, 06:54:45 AM »
New Topic:

What's some of the best concerts you guys have been to?

I'd say my top ones are the following:

Queen + Paul Rogers
Rod Stewart
Neil Diamond
Ani Difranco

Bob Dylan (a couple times)

In order of the best shows.
1.) Metallica- seen them 8 times. First time was Master of Puppets and they were actually the second act to come out for Monsters of Rock. Right after that, Cliff died. That show had Van Halen (Hagar) headline, Dokken, Scorpions, Metallica and Kingdom Come (Zepplin wannabes) at Candlestic in San Fran.

2.) Rush- seen them 7 times. Neil Pert drum solos are the best....never seen anything like that.

3.) Matchbox 20 and Train- As far as talented musicians, this show kicked butt plus had the hottest women

4.) La LA Palooza- Chili Peppers, Icecube, Cypress Hill, Soundgarden, Minestry. Saw another La La Palooza with Metallica, Devo and can't remember who else.

I keep all my ticket stubs since I was a kid to concerts and sporting events. Should go dig them up because I am forgetting a ton.

Some other memorable shows:
AC/DC and White Lion- 1989

Public Enemy, Run DMC, Beastie Boys (before anyone heard of them), EPMD- 1987

WOW, ok, now I have to go smoke a joint in rememberance  8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #987 on: November 29, 2007, 07:27:53 AM »
Public enemy and cypress hill, those sound like cool shows.  bass would be thumping i bet  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: November 29, 2007, 07:31:47 AM »

1) no country
3) no metallica

yeah im not a fan of that thrashing metal music where the guy is screaming and the music is basicly just noise, crap wears me out just listening to it for 30 seconds.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #989 on: November 29, 2007, 07:38:53 AM »
RIM, I can't believe you have Neil Diamond on your list!  I've seen him like 6 or 7 times, and he's really good in concert.  I'm a total closet fan.  :D

Off the top of my head:

-Pink Floyd
-Damian Marley (amazing energy at the shows)
-Several of the Grateful Dead shows I caught, although most of them are kind of a blur so I can't really identify one specifically  ;D
-U2 (always great live)

:)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: November 29, 2007, 07:39:59 AM »
Clapton & Stevie Ray @ Alpine in Stevies 2nd to last show.
The Helo crashed the next night on departure, it was supposed to be Claptons ride, but they traded.

Great show.

ALso Ted Nugent and Foghat at the start of his fame.
$7.50 tickets.
SO much pot smoke in there, it didnt matter if Ted smoked or NOT!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #991 on: November 29, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
Public enemy and cypress hill, those sound like cool shows.  bass would be thumping i bet  :)

Yeah, Public Enemy was really good back then but was a bit scared being one of few white boys...

Cypress @ La La Palooza was one of the best all day shows I have ever been to. They had side stages and House of Pain played on one. First time all of us heard "Jump Around".

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #992 on: November 29, 2007, 09:57:53 AM »
RIM, I can't believe you have Neil Diamond on your list!  I've seen him like 6 or 7 times, and he's really good in concert.  I'm a total closet fan.  :D

Off the top of my head:

-Pink Floyd
-Damian Marley (amazing energy at the shows)
-Several of the Grateful Dead shows I caught, although most of them are kind of a blur so I can't really identify one specifically  ;D
-U2 (always great live)

Ok, ok, I admit, I too am a closet Neil fan. That was my parents fault!!

I left the Dead off my list becuase, yes, a big blur. Again, parents fault since they were old hippies from San Francisco.

I think you meant, "Amazing WEED" @ Damian Marley, No?  8)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #993 on: November 29, 2007, 10:17:13 AM »
Ok, ok, I admit, I too am a closet Neil fan. That was my parents fault!!

I left the Dead off my list becuase, yes, a big blur. Again, parents fault since they were old hippies from San Francisco.

I think you meant, "Amazing WEED" @ Damian Marley, No?  8)

haha there are soooo many closet Neil Diamond fans out there.   :D

Amazing EVERYTHING at Damian Marley...maybe it's the weed lol, but the crowd is SO into the music, it sets the whole place on fire. It's killer.  8)

Cypress Hill was a good show too. 

I went and saw the reunion tour of Simon and Garfunkel, and I wouldn't put it up there as one of the craziest shows I have ever seen, but it was pretty awesome to see them together live, a show that I'm really glad I saw.  Art Garfunkel's vocals are mind-blowing....like the kind of thing where everyone in the arena just sits in silence and listens. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #994 on: November 29, 2007, 10:19:33 AM »
yeah im not a fan of that thrashing metal music where the guy is screaming and the music is basicly just noise, crap wears me out just listening to it for 30 seconds.
You know Luv I guess it's one of those things that's an acquired taste so to speak...or maybe you just have to be a really weird guy like Arnold jr to appreciate it, lol!

As for the term "noise" I've played guitar since I was 8yrs old, and when it comes to decent hard/metal music, this is always harder to play then anything else...that is if you're talking about a good band...like every genre there are sucky bands.

Anyway, looks like I'm in the minority on this topic in a big way...Overload, decent list...hopefully are Scandinavian counterpart will chime in.

Oh yeah, best show as far as quality of music...assuming you like hard stuff....Children of Bodom, and Arch Enemy.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #995 on: November 29, 2007, 10:31:46 AM »
Alright, here is a spin on this concert topic?

Lamest show you have ever been to?

George Strait- BORING!! just stood there and sang..yawn. :'(

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #996 on: November 29, 2007, 10:37:18 AM »
Alright, here is a spin on this concert topic?

Lamest show you have ever been to?

George Strait- BORING!! just stood there and sang..yawn. :'(
I went to George Strait Fest about 6 or 7yrs ago...thought I was going to go out of my mind....longest day of my life...that's what I get though for living in country music land...that's what I get for being a guy too and letting some girl talk me into going, lol!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #997 on: November 29, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »
haha there are soooo many closet Neil Diamond fans out there.   :D

Damn right. I saw him about two years ago. He put on a hell of a show. I could've easily gone home with a half dozen 40+ women (they were going nuts).

FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #998 on: November 29, 2007, 10:48:08 AM »
I went to George Strait Fest about 6 or 7yrs ago...thought I was going to go out of my mind....longest day of my life...that's what I get though for living in country music land...that's what I get for being a guy too and letting some girl talk me into going, lol!

That was the same one I went to!!! Same scenerio, damn chick bought my ticket. I would have rather had a root canel that day. Top it off, we had a monsoon so was a mud bowl by the end of the show.

But, the more beer I drank the better the girl looked and less my ear's ached ;)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: November 29, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
Damn right. I saw him about two years ago. He put on a hell of a show. I could've easily gone home with a half dozen 40+ women (they were going nuts).

FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS!

hahaha that's the same song that popped into my head.  There are usually hundreds of screaming 30-something and 40-something year old women in the first few rows of a Neil Diamond concert.  I'm not one of them, though, I don't even like to pretend that I like him that much when I am at the concert.   ;D

Lamest concert - for me was James Taylor, it was a total snoozefest.  It's funny because the Simon and Garfunkel concert wasn't like that at all, even though it's a similar genre of music.  James bored me.   :-\

Nine Inch Nails was another great show.