Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 825678 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1000 on: November 29, 2007, 11:24:57 AM »

hahaha that's the same song that popped into my head.  There are usually hundreds of screaming 30-something and 40-something year old women in the first few rows of a Neil Diamond concert.  I'm not one of them, though, I don't even like to pretend that I like him that much when I am at the concert.   ;D

Lamest concert - for me was James Taylor, it was a total snoozefest.  It's funny because the Simon and Garfunkel concert wasn't like that at all, even though it's a similar genre of music.  James bored me.   :-\

Nine Inch Nails was another great show. 

I saw Bob Dylan & Paul Simon about eight years ago. It was actually the only bad Dylan show I've ever seen but Paul Simon made up for it - he was fucking amazing.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1001 on: November 29, 2007, 01:47:26 PM »
Yeah, Public Enemy was really good back then but was a bit scared being one of few white boys...

LOL I can imagine. 

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1002 on: November 29, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
Hi, it's been awhile since i've been on this board, i guess i was just a little fed up for awhile. I've read a few posts and it really seems that guys are getting into heated arguments again, nothing wrong with that i guess.

Well the winter hit hard up here and i haven't been out much (hopefully i have the basics: barbells, dumbells etc. at home.

Tomorrow i'll go and have a talk with this bar owner, i'll propably start bouncing again. I don't really want to, but it's  pretty much the only way to make qood cash. I was looking for a "regular" job, but since you have to work from Monday to Friday and make less money than working two days at the door i choose the latter.

Btw: I just saw the new Resident Evil and i was kind of dissapointed, i mean the movie was ok, but it was hardly loyal to the games. Also today i had a pretty good biceps workout, even though i only did 4 set of barbell curls and 4 sets of concentration curl.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1003 on: November 29, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »
OK, on the topic of music, 99.9% of you are going to hate this first song but there is a point.

The guy who's an insane gorilla that I train with a good bit is the drummer in this clip...you first see him at about 50sec into the clip...now add about 30lbs of solid muscle to this and you have an absolute beast.

Well, he left this band back in January of this past year to pursue other things, but not before they recorded their first more main stream rock album...he left the band right before they went on tour...now opening for Ozzy. Anyway, the newest album is much much softer but it's a pretty cool album...might be a little more enjoyable for some of you then their original stuff. You can hear 4 of the new songs here.
I don't care for the 1st one but the next 3 are pretty good...their cover of "Carry on My Wayward Son" is pretty good IMO.
http://www.theshowdownmetal.com/

Also, here's an old pic taken of the band a few years ago before my buddy got hardcore into the training thing...again, add 30+ solid lbs to this...awesome!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1004 on: November 29, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »
Anyway, looks like I'm in the minority on this topic in a big way...Overload, decent list...hopefully are Scandinavian counterpart will chime in.

I was really into heavy metal for years. some of the stuff i listened to back then i can't stand now, like Manson. his first two albums were great but he went gay and screwed up, but he still put on the most insane concerts i've ever seen, NIN is right behind him in creative concerts, i forgot to add that to the list. Tool is one of my favorites, seen them 2 times. Slayer is another i forgot, i still listen to Angel of Death when i workout. Pantera IMO is one of the best heavy metal bands on earth, i've seen them 3 times. their first 2 albums are untouchable, even today. most heavy metal bands today don't have it together, it's just noise but every now and then a good album comes out, hatebreed put out some good songs the last few years.

i'm also a huge old country music fan, it's in my blood. Merle Haggard, George Straight, Alabama, Johnny Cash(the best ever IMO), Waylon Jennings...you get my drift. today's country is crap, i can't even listen to it.

i'm also a huge fan of techno and trance music. Armin Van Burren, Paul oakenfold, Robert miles...good cardio music.

i like it all, i have classical, old school rap and just about anything worth listening to.

your workout partner is a big mofo...monster arms.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1005 on: November 29, 2007, 03:25:59 PM »
I was really into heavy metal for years. some of the stuff i listened to back then i can't stand now, like Manson. his first two albums were great but he went gay and screwed up, but he still put on the most insane concerts i've ever seen, NIN is right behind him in creative concerts, i forgot to add that to the list. Tool is one of my favorites, seen them 2 times. Slayer is another i forgot, i still listen to Angel of Death when i workout. Pantera IMO is one of the best heavy metal bands on earth, i've seen them 3 times. their first 2 albums are untouchable, even today. most heavy metal bands today don't have it together, it's just noise but every now and then a good album comes out, hatebreed put out some good songs the last few years.

i'm also a huge old country music fan, it's in my blood. Merle Haggard, George Straight, Alabama, Johnny Cash(the best ever IMO), Waylon Jennings...you get my drift. today's country is crap, i can't even listen to it.

i'm also a huge fan of techno and trance music. Armin Van Burren, Paul oakenfold, Robert miles...good cardio music.

i like it all, i have classical, old school rap and just about anything worth listening to.

your workout partner is a big mofo...monster arms.

8)
I'm with you on the Pantera, hard to touch "Mouth for War" and "Broken"...Slayer's not bad either.

On the country, Johnny is King no doubt...his old stuff is great and his last few albums were really cool...the songs he did with Tom Petty were fantastic.

You lost me on "Hatebreed" though. IMO they are one of the metal bands that are actually what people complain about when they talk about metal...every song is identical. In their case, every song is a hard open D on the guitar...not very original at all IMO.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1006 on: November 29, 2007, 04:00:48 PM »
Best concert i've ever been to was DIO back in 2003 here in Helsinki. That dude is like the smallest and oldest guy around, but when he got fired up there was no stopping him.

Also some great bands here that put on a good show:

Nightwish
Stratovarius
Disturbed (have not seen them live, but they are great).
Iron Maiden (when i'm in the "powerpit" of my gym listening to this and doing squats i get all the privacy i want from the civilians).
Evergrey
MEGADETH
Rammstein
and i've allways liked Queen.
Children of Bodom

And i like allmost all the 80´s metal bands, those guys were 120 lbs soaking wet, but man they were the shit Twisted sister etc.)

Shania Twain...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1007 on: November 29, 2007, 06:39:42 PM »
You know Luv I guess it's one of those things that's an acquired taste so to speak...or maybe you just have to be a really weird guy like Arnold jr to appreciate it, lol!

As for the term "noise" I've played guitar since I was 8yrs old, and when it comes to decent hard/metal music, this is always harder to play then anything else...that is if you're talking about a good band...like every genre there are sucky bands.

Anyway, looks like I'm in the minority on this topic in a big way...Overload, decent list...hopefully are Scandinavian counterpart will chime in.

Oh yeah, best show as far as quality of music...assuming you like hard stuff....Children of Bodom, and Arch Enemy.

Hey its all good, its what you like that counts.  Not saying you shouldnt, just saying I dont.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1008 on: November 29, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »
OK, on the topic of music, 99.9% of you are going to hate this first song but there is a point.

The guy who's an insane gorilla that I train with a good bit is the drummer in this clip...you first see him at about 50sec into the clip...now add about 30lbs of solid muscle to this and you have an absolute beast.

Well, he left this band back in January of this past year to pursue other things, but not before they recorded their first more main stream rock album...he left the band right before they went on tour...now opening for Ozzy. Anyway, the newest album is much much softer but it's a pretty cool album...might be a little more enjoyable for some of you then their original stuff. You can hear 4 of the new songs here.
I don't care for the 1st one but the next 3 are pretty good...their cover of "Carry on My Wayward Son" is pretty good IMO.
http://www.theshowdownmetal.com/

Also, here's an old pic taken of the band a few years ago before my buddy got hardcore into the training thing...again, add 30+ solid lbs to this...awesome!

Not bad bro...the first song in the video and the other 4 were damn good. But not so crazy about the singer. Something is off with him man but they play tight.

Is your buddy bummed he is not on tour with Ozzfest? That would be fucking wild...Beast he is, probably busted many drum sets!

Another show I forgot about........ Ice-T when his hard rock band Bodycount was on a club tour. That was wild!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1009 on: November 29, 2007, 06:55:39 PM »
Best concert i've ever been to was DIO back in 2003 here in Helsinki. That dude is like the smallest and oldest guy around, but when he got fired up there was no stopping him.

Also some great bands here that put on a good show:

Nightwish
Stratovarius
Disturbed (have not seen them live, but they are great).
Iron Maiden (when i'm in the "powerpit" of my gym listening to this and doing squats i get all the privacy i want from the civilians).
Evergrey
MEGADETH
Rammstein
and i've allways liked Queen.
Children of Bodom

And i like allmost all the 80´s metal bands, those guys were 120 lbs soaking wet, but man they were the shit Twisted sister etc.)

Little Ronnie James...man was a demon! Fuckin loved DIO...
2003? Man must have been 100 years old then.

We must be about the same age because I grew up with the 80's rock too. Not so much the fluff bands like Poison or Warrent. Even though some were hair bands Ratt, Scorps, Van Halen, Ozzy,Megadeath and even Queen was cool back then. I was lucky to grow up in Nor Cal so I was onto Metallica years before the radio played them. Back when their albums came out like Ride the Lightning, Kill em ALl, never any radio play until the Black Album.

You guys will love this. Back in '97, when I worked for ABB, Dave Mustaine from MEGADEATH ordered a bunch of drinks from us to be shipped to the city he was opening his tour at. I took the order and thought he was messing with me when he called, but really was him. Bought enough for the whole tour, Blue Thunder and Ripped Force if I remember right. Then got to meet him when he came back. Dude was cool but heard he is a dick when he was not sober. This is right after he got clean.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1010 on: November 29, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »
Hey its all good, its what you like that counts.  Not saying you shouldnt, just saying I dont.
Hey bro, it's cool on my end too...I love what I love and I love talking about what I love...no worries though. 8)

Not bad bro...the first song in the video and the other 4 were damn good. But not so crazy about the singer. Something is off with him man but they play tight.

Is your buddy bummed he is not on tour with Ozzfest? That would be fucking wild...Beast he is, probably busted many drum sets!

Another show I forgot about........ Ice-T when his hard rock band Bodycount was on a club tour. That was wild!

I agree, I've never been all that crazy about the lead vocals, but I've heard much worse IMO...and like you said, they play very tight...great musicians and can play just about anything very well.

...and no, he's not bummed at all...he had no regrets about leaving and has a full plate of other things going on...that said, he is not done playing drums....does a butt load of studio work still here in Nashville...but his main focus is elsewhere for the moment.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1011 on: November 29, 2007, 07:25:55 PM »
Tool is one of my favorites, seen them 2 times.

Tool is probably my favorite band of all time.  They put on some of the best live shows I've ever seen.  NiN is up there too when it comes to live performances, fucking kick ass.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #1012 on: November 29, 2007, 07:38:02 PM »
Tool is probably my favorite band of all time.  They put on some of the best live shows I've ever seen.  NiN is up there too when it comes to live performances, fucking kick ass.

I've heard good things about NIN and Linkin Park...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1013 on: November 29, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
So apparently we've started in on one of AJ's favorite topics...music.

Now here's a cool guy I think a lot of you would like, Luca Turilli...very differant kind of stuff, but a very good mix as well. He has his own solo stuff, his rock band "Rhapsody of Fire" and the project "Dreamquest" I have no idea how to classify "Dream Quest"...in "Dream Quest" he doesn't do the vocals, they're done by a woman, don't know her name but she has a phenomenal voice IMO.

Some of his music has a semi hard edge to it, especially the "Rhapsody of Fire" stuff, not all metal at all, but a lot of it is a major hybrid of styles, rock/folk/opera/symphony/ and whatever else you can think of...anyway, "Rolling Stone" referred to this guy about a year ago as the first true musical genius since the 19th century...I agree. Has anyone ever noticed that there is no longer someone who you could really label as a musical genius? You know, how the guys like Beethoven or Mozart were labeled? This guy seems to be beginning to live up to that sort of title.

Anyway, here are some cool Luca Turilli samples...each one is differant from the other.

Demon Heart...my favorite of his

Black Dragon (symphonic rock)

Too Late (Dream Quest) Not sure how to clssify this one

Prophet of the last Eclipse (Dream Quest) techno/rock/and randomness, lol, but still good.

Energy (Dream Quest) …I know, this one makes me gay, lol!

Viking Prey (Dream Quest) opera

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1014 on: November 29, 2007, 09:26:12 PM »

haha there are soooo many closet Neil Diamond fans out there.   :D

I'm not in the closet!  I'll admit it  ;D  CRUNCHY GRANOLA!
Rim  ;) have you chimed in on this one?  :D

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1015 on: November 29, 2007, 09:30:42 PM »
I saw Bob Dylan & Paul Simon about eight years ago. It was actually the only bad Dylan show I've ever seen but Paul Simon made up for it - he was fucking amazing.

My husband is only allowed to listen to or watch his Dylan DVD's when I'm out of the house :D
:

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1016 on: November 30, 2007, 12:57:21 AM »
Little Ronnie James...man was a demon! Fuckin loved DIO...
2003? Man must have been 100 years old then.

We must be about the same age because I grew up with the 80's rock too. Not so much the fluff bands like Poison or Warrent. Even though some were hair bands Ratt, Scorps, Van Halen, Ozzy,Megadeath and even Queen was cool back then. I was lucky to grow up in Nor Cal so I was onto Metallica years before the radio played them. Back when their albums came out like Ride the Lightning, Kill em ALl, never any radio play until the Black Album.

You guys will love this. Back in '97, when I worked for ABB, Dave Mustaine from MEGADEATH ordered a bunch of drinks from us to be shipped to the city he was opening his tour at. I took the order and thought he was messing with me when he called, but really was him. Bought enough for the whole tour, Blue Thunder and Ripped Force if I remember right. Then got to meet him when he came back. Dude was cool but heard he is a dick when he was not sober. This is right after he got clean.

Well, i think i'm little younger than you, i'm 23. But i've been listening that stuff since i was like 6 so it grew on me. MEGADETH is one of my alltime favourites, i remember when i was working construction and i was putting down the walls at this business complex and i was listening to MEGADETH on a boombox while hammering away. After awhile this one guy that i was friends with came up to me and asked "so you like MEGADETH?" and i said HELL YEAH! After we spoke awhile he told me that he's a distant cousin of Dave Mustane. He was also a drummer himself in some small band. Dave Mustane's granfather immigrated to US from Finland and he's actual last name is Mustonen. If any of you watch (or use to) watch Formula 1, there was this driver Mika Häkkinen that looks EXACTLY like Dave Mustane...

Arnold Jr, have you seen Arch Enemy live? The babe who sings in it yells out some pretty wild stuff while they are playing...
Lets just say that i don't think they have many black fans...
In any case they play decent music.

TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1017 on: November 30, 2007, 03:27:00 AM »

I'm not in the closet!  I'll admit it  ;D  CRUNCHY GRANOLA!
Rim  ;) have you chimed in on this one?  :D

Of course.  ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1018 on: November 30, 2007, 08:06:49 AM »
My husband is only allowed to listen to or watch his Dylan DVD's when I'm out of the house :D

That's mean!  >:(

Actually my wife hates Dylan so I can only listen to him in the car & at work.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1019 on: November 30, 2007, 10:13:50 AM »

Arnold Jr, have you seen Arch Enemy live? The babe who sings in it yells out some pretty wild stuff while they are playing...
Lets just say that i don't think they have many black fans...
In any case they play decent music.

I've never heard any of that but it wouldn't suprise me either way...not that I think their a racist band or something, but nothing is all that suprising when talking about music. Either way, I doubt they'd have too many black fans either way...I've never known to many black people to be a fan of that type of music...a few but not many.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1020 on: November 30, 2007, 05:22:21 PM »
Wha'd up guy'S . . . . . . . . . . . . .
U

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1021 on: November 30, 2007, 06:01:45 PM »
Wha'd up ####'S . . . . . . . . . . . . .
What's up UDE...thought maybe you gave up on the dream,lol!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1022 on: November 30, 2007, 08:54:17 PM »

Would have to have Simon in the the top 5 or ten all time composers.  Never liked his new stuff but the old stuff is timeless.  The man is deep.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1023 on: December 01, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »
Yesterday i went to this "job interview" and got a new place to bounce, i was supposed to start next weekend, but the owner called me this morning and told me that the previous bouncer had some trouble with the law and now i have to start today. That would be fine except last night i drank just about half of all the booze in the world and i'm still drunk/hung over really BAD.

It was a fun night though, i did all this weird shit like when i went to the WC i told this one guy that this other guy wants to suck him off. Well, they started fighting and i left. LOL. I also cheated on the roulette. I took the maximum amount of chips and placed them near the red/black line and when i saw where the ball landed i shifted my chips overthere. Normally that would never fly, but the dude that was spinning the wheel was an absolute moron.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1024 on: December 01, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
I also cheated on the roulette. I took the maximum amount of chips and placed them near the red/black line and when i saw where the ball landed i shifted my chips overthere. Normally that would never fly, but the dude that was spinning the wheel was an absolute moron.

Isn't that what security cameras are for? Never get away with that in Vegas.

You're lucky Joe Pesci didnt drag you in the back-room and break all your fingers or stab you with a pen!  >:(