Author Topic: Australian bodybuilding ... is there a future??  (Read 23483 times)

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
  • Country Classic Invitational. 7th August 2010
Re: Australian bodybuilding ... is there a future??
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2007, 03:47:10 AM »
That's great news. 

Are you going to create a website for the magazine?
I thought I posted it before.
Here it is in case you missed it.
There is a bit of work to do, but at least you get a rough idea of what the magazine is all about.

www.hardcoreaussiemuscle .com.au

MonstaDwarf

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • lift it machine
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2007, 04:20:46 AM »
geez hank keep up mate! :)
 this aint no half arsed effort ya know!!
forward ho

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2007, 04:24:29 AM »
Your right monsta.  i was over there checking out the website.  It is a team effort and looking very professional.

Will you be contributing to the magazine?  You have a lot of experiene in the gym, with diets and shows.  It would be good to have you on board!

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2007, 10:52:16 AM »
Where did he own a gym? First name?

The gym was called "Tugun Gym" and i'm assuming it was in the town of Tugun...his name was Hans.

Lisa

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2007, 01:33:48 PM »
Your right monsta.  i was over there checking out the website.  It is a team effort and looking very professional.

Will you be contributing to the magazine?  You have a lot of experiene in the gym, with diets and shows.  It would be good to have you on board!
Monsta has written a great piece for our first issue.  It's our very first article.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »
Hi, Lisa. Tugun is on the Gold Coast in Queensland. That is a small town along the strip there so the gym would have served the locals. There are a lot of gyms like that in Australia. Sorry, I didn't know Hans.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2007, 08:29:28 PM »
Monsta is very entertaining and knowledgable.  i look forward to his contributions.

Outlaw, do you have any other writers lined up?  Tony Doherty would be  of great value!

Any plans to distribute the magazine internationally?  I think our close Asian neighbours would be very interested in a mag of this nature.  They have a very strong bodybuilding network.

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2007, 09:27:24 PM »
Monsta is very entertaining and knowledgable.  i look forward to his contributions.

Outlaw, do you have any other writers lined up?  Tony Doherty would be  of great value!

Any plans to distribute the magazine internationally?  I think our close Asian neighbours would be very interested in a mag of this nature.  They have a very strong bodybuilding network.

Tony's offered to write about a few of his funny experiences in BBing which would be great.  As far as the International scene goes, New Zealand is as far ahead as we are looking, but that's probably a good 12mths away in reality.  We're in no rush.  One step at a time.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2007, 09:50:23 PM »
Fair enough.

Tony would be a great addition to the magazine.  I have watched a lot his 'muscle tv' series and found that to be very enjoyable viewing.

Will you be having a section on 'pharmaceuticals' ?  Or will you be staying from this controversial subject while the mag is in its infancy?

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »
Fair enough.

Tony would be a great addition to the magazine.  I have watched a lot his 'muscle tv' series and found that to be very enjoyable viewing.

Will you be having a section on 'pharmaceuticals' ?  Or will you be staying from this controversial subject while the mag is in its infancy?
Nup.  Nothing on the juice.  By the time it goes to print, it'd be secondhand news.
The internet is the place to keep up with that sort of information.

Just Contest reports & Profiles basically, with a few odd bits & pieces in-between.

AVBG

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2007, 11:41:15 PM »
Nup.  Nothing on the juice.  By the time it goes to print, it'd be secondhand news.
The internet is the place to keep up with that sort of information.

Just Contest reports & Profiles basically, with a few odd bits & pieces in-between.

good idea.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2007, 11:59:04 PM »
great :)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2007, 04:41:19 AM »
The 1980 Mr. Olympia was held in Sydney, Australia.  Gee, those were the days.

I think it is a pity that the Olympia competition does not travel to other world cities anymore.

Staying in Las Vegas is a poor move.  The IFBB must address this issue.

Put the Olympia back on the road.  It will create enthusiasm and awareness for this so-called sport.

Bodybuilding is suffering appalling ratings; something must change!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
u should look to mother england for inspriation for your mag,, weve had the beef running here for yrs and its the only mag the competative lads bother with, profiles on up and cumming bb's, contest results etc etc

AVBG

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »
The 1980 Mr. Olympia was held in Sydney, Australia.  Gee, those were the days.

I think it is a pity that the Olympia competition does not travel to other world cities anymore.

Staying in Las Vegas is a poor move.  The IFBB must address this issue.

Put the Olympia back on the road.  It will create enthusiasm and awareness for this so-called sport.

Bodybuilding is suffering appalling ratings; something must change!

I'd like to see the Mr O back "on the road" but it wont happen at least for a while as it doesn't make much money outside of Los Vegas

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2007, 06:36:22 PM »
u should look to mother england for inspriation for your mag,, weve had the beef running here for yrs and its the only mag the competative lads bother with, profiles on up and cumming bb's, contest results etc etc

Localhero, that is a great idea.  The Beef is a brilliant and highly popular mag amongst the hard core bodybuilders in the UK.

Outlaw, have you taken on any of The Beef's ideas and concepts? Their formula is very impressive.  It is a good model for a mag.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2007, 06:42:59 PM »
I'd like to see the Mr O back "on the road" but it wont happen at least for a while as it doesn't make much money outside of Los Vegas

You're right, the O does not make much money outside LV.  However, i think if it were to go 'on the road' it could tap into many potentially lucrative markets. 

OK, in the  short term, the IFBB would run at a loss. That is why a wider vision of where the sport is going, is required.

This so-called sport has some many indemic problems.  Taking the O internationally could solve them.

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2007, 07:01:45 PM »
Funny you should say that.
Beef was definitely an ispiration for me.  I would rate it as the best bodybuilding magazine in the world, as far as supporting local contests go.  It's my favorite magazine.  The self depreciating & dry sense of humour of their writers is awesome.

Both our magazines have a "common" link, photographer Gary Phillips.  This will allow us to swap photos & information.  The idea being that if any Poms come over here & compete, we can send some photos & text to Beef & vica-versa.  We also having a great relationship with Kris at Kaged Muscle. Once again, we will be able to share & swap information.

Pretty cool huh?  Three independant magazines working together.