Author Topic: Women bulking up  (Read 3190 times)

Redwingenator

• Getbig II
Women bulking up
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »
I am looking for some opinions on if a women should be concerned with bulking up if they decide to weight train?

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
Re: Women bulking up
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:13:18 AM »
I wish it were that easy... bulking up that is. Many women have the misconception that if they begin to weight train they will bulk up. Unless you have freaky genetics, you have to work towards bulking.
Patricia

Redwingenator

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:50:59 AM »
I wish it were that easy... bulking up that is. Many women have the misconception that if they begin to weight train they will bulk up. Unless you have freaky genetics, you have to work towards bulking.

Thanks for the reply!

That is what I have heard and read my whole life, but I have never heard the opinion of those women that are actually working towards packing on muscle mass.  I always believed that women can hit the weights hard and drastically increase their strength and muscular definition, but adding serious mass takes pharmaceutical intervention.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:26:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

That is what I have heard and read my whole life, but I have never heard the opinion of those women that are actually working towards packing on muscle mass.  I always believed that women can hit the weights hard and drastically increase their strength and muscular definition, but adding serious mass takes pharmaceutical intervention.

adding serious mass takes a lot of eating and a lot of rest.