Author Topic: Alleged Terror Plot Foiled at JFK Airport  (Read 6852 times)

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
Alleged Terror Plot Foiled at JFK Airport
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »
NEW YORK —  Three people were arrested and one other was being sought in connection to a plan to set off explosives at John F. Kennedy International Airport, officials close to the investigation said.

The plot, which never got past the planning stages, did not involve airplanes or passenger terminals, according to the two officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the arrests had not yet been announced. They did not elaborate on the specific target at the airport, one of the nation's busiest.

Details were to be given out at a 1 p.m. news conference.

Must be true. FOX News. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277337,00.html

They were going to try and blow up jet fuel hoping for a catastophic chain reaction.  :o

The Coach

Re: Alleged Terror Plot Foiled at JFK Airport
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »
Thanks President Bush for keeping our country safer.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:27:45 AM »
Something tells me Bush didn't have anything to do with it... Once again, the FBI... As it should be... Can we please get rid of the Dept. of Homeland defense now? It's such a waste.

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »
Thanks President Bush for keeping our country safer.
Thanks President Bush for pissing so many people off so badly that they want to do this to us.  :-\

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 02:08:01 PM »
Yeah....I heard it was a Catholic , a Jew and a Lutheren..oh wait..no?  it was couple of Muslims? ...no way!!! not the religion of peace, I refuse to believe a bunch of wothless pieces of shit wanted to blow up an airport.  ::)
L

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 02:17:53 PM »
Thanks President Bush for pissing so many people off so badly that they want to do this to us.  :-\

Right, because terrorism didn't exist before 2000.

The funny thing is that the government is trying to play it like this was going to be a doomsday scenario. A spokesman for the company that runs the pipelines said they are designed not to blow up  like the suspects thought they would.

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »

Not nearly to the degree it does now thanks to the worst president ever.  :-\

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »
Terrorism has been a huge problem for America for more than 30 years.

And you seem to be starting with the false premise that there is some rationality to terrorism. These guys usually have no clear goals or motives.

They weren't even middle eastern muslims. One was American, one was Guyanese, they were working in conjunction with a Trinadadian terror cell.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »

Whut?

Jimmy Carter is back in the White House?  :o

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 03:49:24 PM »
Whut?

Jimmy Carter is back in the White House?  :o

Let's not get carried away here... Carter wasn't a bad president at all.

Herbert Hoover... terrible. Grant... Bad... Bush... just the worst... he really is.

How about this... If he's not the worst, then tell me some of the good things he's done... I'd like to hear them, because I must keep missing them.

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »

I'd reply, but you're obviously too stupid to understand :-\

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 03:57:06 PM »
Terrorism has been a huge problem for America for more than 30 years.

And you seem to be starting with the false premise that there is some rationality to terrorism. These guys usually have no clear goals or motives.

They weren't even middle eastern muslims. One was American, one was Guyanese, they were working in conjunction with a Trinadadian terror cell.

i saw a History channel special on this.. Like Egyptian muslim clerics preaching anti-american rhetoric in the early 70's. Looks like these guys have been around and dubya is giving them more and more excuses.

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 03:58:32 PM »
Let's not get carried away here... Carter wasn't a bad president at all.

Herbert Hoover... terrible. Grant... Bad... Bush... just the worst... he really is.

How about this... If he's not the worst, then tell me some of the good things he's done... I'd like to hear them, because I must keep missing them.

Again, what would Gore or Kerry done if they would have been elected instead of Bush after 9/11? And just why is he the worst?

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »

Your an idiot, if it wasn't for Bush we wouldn't have the security we have now and that goes for around the world!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »
Again, what would Gore or Kerry done if they would have been elected instead of Bush after 9/11? And just why is he the worst?

You're asking me to answer to something I can't... I don't know what they would have done... No one does.

Every thing he's touched has gone to absolute crap.

The guy thinks he can write blank checks for everything and he does not think about the consequences of his actions.

Those are just a couple of things off the top of my head that make him the worst.

If you don't think he's the worst, then who was?

The Coach

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 04:43:53 PM »
You're asking me to answer to something I can't... I don't know what they would have done... No one does.

Every thing he's touched has gone to absolute crap.

The guy thinks he can write blank checks for everything and he does not think about the consequences of his actions.

Those are just a couple of things off the top of my head that make him the worst.

If you don't think he's the worst, then who was?

We have an extremly proporus economy, intrest rates are low, something like  4.5% unemployment and the markets are hitting an all time high............during wartime mind you, how can you say everything he touches has gone to absolute crap?

I think history has shown that during wartimes we generally had a weak economy.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
We have an extremly proporus economy, intrest rates are low, something like  4.5% unemployment and the markets are hitting an all time high............during wartime mind you, how can you say everything he touches has gone to absolute crap?

I think history has shown that during wartimes we generally had a weak economy.

Interest rates are low because the economy is weak... Unemployment is a made up number... If you don't collect unemployment (ie, your benefits have run out) you're no longer considered 'unemployed', so I don't like using those figures.

I mean, who has been worse than he has been?

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »
Interest rates are low because the economy is weak... Unemployment is a made up number... If you don't collect unemployment (ie, your benefits have run out) you're no longer considered 'unemployed', so I don't like using those figures.

I mean, who has been worse than he has been?

The economy is weak? Where? Sorry you don't like those figures, but thats just the way it is. Dude, your about the only liberal with any commonsense and don't name call when someone disagrees with you, but come on, give credit when credit is due, the dow was almost at another record yesterday!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 05:14:23 PM »
The economy is weak? Where? Sorry you don't like those figures, but thats just the way it is. Dude, your about the only liberal with any commonsense and don't name call when someone disagrees with you, but come on, give credit when credit is due, the dow was almost at another record yesterday!

I've always found the Dow to be a fictitious and inflated sense of the economy.

If you look at inflation since the late 80s the Dow does not match up with it equally... I don't hold the numbers that the Dow produces to be very indicative of the economy as a whole.

That's just me though, some may disagree...

Still, who's been worse than Bush?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 06:09:32 PM »
Yeah....I heard it was a Catholic , a Jew and a Lutheren..oh wait..no?

HAHAHA  ;D
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 06:12:36 PM »

If he was bad than why did the theme song from "All in the Family" say "Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again."  ???  ;D
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 06:24:20 PM »
If he was bad than why did the theme song from "All in the Family" say "Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again."  ???  ;D

Yeah, I never understood that... Herbert Hoover was one of the worst in history... The term sucks like a Hoover... was really about him, because he freaking sucked!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 06:36:16 PM »
Something tells me Bush didn't have anything to do with it... Once again, the FBI... As it should be... Can we please get rid of the Dept. of Homeland defense now? It's such a waste.

why didnt they try to blow up the airport or get on an airplane? because they knew they couldnt get past the security. before homeland they could have easily walked through one of the checkpoints.. homeland is in the business of prevention not apprehension like the fbi.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »

The funny thing is that the government is trying to play it like this was going to be a doomsday scenario. A spokesman for the company that runs the pipelines said they are designed not to blow up  like the suspects thought they would.

how many people were killed on american soil before 911?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 10:13:15 PM »
I'd reply, but you're obviously too stupid to understand :-\

Good Lord, the irony, it's literally dripping from your post.

It's similar to those posts you make criticizing people for blaming everything on Bush.

You're simply too fueled by hate and right wing propaganda to see anything in any kind of objective way. It's border line frightening.