Author Topic: Kris Dim had a heart attack.  (Read 76397 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2007, 05:20:05 AM »
The church that I go to is largely made up of born-again and people that are just now discovering Christ, alot of the people that are born-again have suffered set backs in their lives and they have tried almost anything to find they're peace before coming to Christ, all the way from alcohol to drugs to self-help meetings to phyciatrists to anti-depressants, none worked, but when they found Christ, most of their lives turned around for the long term, there are people like this around the world and many have become Pastors. I'm quite sure Mindspin knows my Church and the Pastor since he grew up in my area, this is where I attend

http://www.calvarychapelcostamesa.com/

my grandfather nine X's ago was the leading transcendental christian philosopher who eventually became the 1st governor of rhode island.  he was run out of massachusetts for advocating communicating directly to god and without a minister/preacher.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2007, 05:25:06 AM »
my grandfather nine X's ago was the leading transcendental christian philosopher who eventually became the 1st governor of rhode island.  he was run out of massachusetts for advocating communicating directly to god and without a minister/preacher.

thats sounds like he was Mormon.  They believe that God speaks to them directly, at first it was everyone, but when that proved problematic, it became just the church elders that can talk to God. Thats why they are so fucked up becaue they keep changing their rules all the time to whatever suits the needs of the particular pastor in charge. Total tools.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2007, 05:26:29 AM »
thats sounds like he was Mormon.  They believe that God speaks to them directly, at first it was everyone, but when that proved problematic, it became just the church elders that can talk to God. Thats why they are so fucked up becaue they keep changing their rules all the time to whatever suits the needs of the particular pastor in charge. Total tools.

He could have very well been Pentecostal or Baptist, they advocate that God can and does speak to his children directly..

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2007, 05:27:20 AM »

ewwww not a mormon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Gorton

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2007, 05:39:01 AM »
Adonis is right about atheists.

Atheists are in fact very good people who believe in engaging all people in an open discourse to solve all our problems through moral philosophy and sciences, using the best minds and rational thought. They believe that we should make life the best we can for humans and protect the planet through intellegence and morality.

Faith can be dangerous, as we see everyday in the paper. We are in holy war of faith.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2007, 05:40:38 AM »
a heart attack in your early 30's? wasn't this guy suppose to represent healthy lifestyles?...hahahaha.. another victim of..hmm...you know what

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2007, 05:41:06 AM »

Atheists are in fact very good people who believe in engaging all people in an open discourse to solve all our problems through moral philosophy and sciences, using the best minds and rational thought. They believe that we should make life the best we can for humans and protect the planet through intellegence and morality.

Faith can be dangerous, as we see everyday in the paper. We are in holy war of faith.

atheists don't kill people, religious people do.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2007, 06:38:21 AM »
Yes lil' Kris, life can change in a heartbeat!

My heart goes out to you! 

God bless.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2007, 08:58:49 AM »

Not unexpected as a result. Note that atheists, being a moderate proportion of the USA population (about 8-16%) are disproportionately less in the prison populations (0.21%).

Yeah, but once locked up, I'd like to see how long they go WITHOUT becoming religious ;D

Sooner than later they'll be on their knees......to pray, or  :o
just not good enough

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2007, 09:43:22 AM »
Adonis, most of that which you speak, to many, is but a ceiling to the enclosed area in which they stand.

For those who don't follow, by this I mean, more often than not, it's over their head.

There is more to be interpreted from the analogy, however, those who understand it are my only audience, not those who do not. :)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »

Atheists also have superior moral character.

An atheists' morals come out of respect for other people and not out of fear of some boogeyman in the sky. Religious people keep preaching the fallacy that morals come out of faith. hahaha They're so desperate they have to resort to nonsense like that.

Science destroys religion. Any rational and unbaised person can see that. People of faith keep finding small gaps to try and disprove science, while ignoring the large gaps and fallacies in their own beliefs. Sorry but a small missing transitional fossil doesn't make fairy tales from the Middle East true.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »
10% chance of living hey Kris?

If you die, you will be forgotten in a 'heart-beat' ( no pun intended: it's just how the industry works!).

If you live, you will return to that skinny and short guy you left behind many years ago! Remember him?

Kris, good luck in the survival process!

hell is in your future :P

E
E

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2007, 01:52:40 PM »
I can only date girls who are atheists now after trying to get along with religious nuts for years and years...

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
atheists don't kill people, religious people do.

Thats a fairly broad assumption, no?

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »

We are in a holy war of money and resources.  Religion is used as a scapegoat when in actually it is greed and war mongering, both of which are frowned upon by most religions.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2007, 03:45:58 PM »
Are you guys debating whether or not non-religious people are overall more moral people than religious people?  If so, please stop now.  It is not open to debate.  It is as much a scientific fact that non-religious people infringe less on the rights of others than religious people as it is a scientific fact to say gravity exists.  Adding to TA's point about jail populations, atheists are underrepresented on death row.  Yes, SOME religious people are better off for it, but this is by no means the majority.  Fact.  The only "debate" we can have on this subject exists if people who take the opposing point of view choose not to accept it and come back with the same tired rhetoric, and that is hardly a true debate.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »
How did this thread on a young pro with major heart problems morph into a thread about religion vs atheism? wtf? I just hope that Kris Dim has a full recovery and his family finds some peace , by prayer or any means available.

One item of concern is how much of his heart was damaged. Some may not realize that once the heart muscle is damaged it does NOT grow back. Sadly, it is gone forever and they rehab the % of good tissue still left. I really hate seeing a pro at this age suffereing this kind of major health problem.
GOD's speed Kris,
Howard in Ga

BTW, I believe in GOD but don't follow any one faith or organized religion.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »

WTF is wrong with you??

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2007, 04:03:50 PM »
WTF is wrong with you??

He's not a pet lover

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=153967.msg2151397#msg2151397

Vote for Goatboy's Cat
Getbig's Cat of the Month!

Visit Getbig's PetBoard today

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:46 PM »
How did this thread on a young pro with major heart problems morph into a thread about religion vs atheism? wtf?

I like to eat pussy.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2007, 04:29:23 PM »
WTF is wrong with you??

Hey Lena, don't blame this asshole for the tings he is saying blame Ron. It's one thing for us to come on here and makes fun of each other and bicker back and forth, but another to let this kind of shit go on. These kind of comments should be deleted.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #246 on: June 11, 2007, 04:34:44 PM »
Hey Lena, don't blame this asshole for the tings he is saying blame Ron. It's one thing for us to come on here and makes fun of each other and bicker back and forth, but another to let this kind of shit go on. These kind of comments should be deleted.

yeah, the comment was a bit over the top, but the general point is correct

TOP LEVEL BODYBUILDING IS BAD FOR ONE'S HEALTH
DENNIS NEWMAN, DON LONG, TOM PRINCE, FLEX WHEELER, MIKE FRANCOIS, SONNY SCHMIDT, MOMO BENAZIZA, ANDREAS MUNZER, MIKE MATARAZZO, MIKE MORRIS
The list goes on and on and on and on and on

Too bad some people want to keep their heads in the sand

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »
Thats a fairly broad assumption, no?
it is and so wrong  :-X

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
I like to eat pussy.
I think we figured that out Matt!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2007, 06:11:08 PM »
I like to eat pussy.

haahhhhaa for some reason, you are incredibly funny sometimes. hahahahaha. ;D ;D