Author Topic: GLASS OF WINE  (Read 4495 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
GLASS OF WINE
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:32:07 AM »
A lot of times I find myself eating a lot before bed just to get tired enough to go to sleep.  Would a glass of wine do a better job with less calories?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: GLASS OF WINE
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:33:49 AM »
A lot of times I find myself eating a lot before bed just to get tired enough to go to sleep.  Would a glass of wine do a better job with less calories?
yeah go ahead and do that and lose some more weight, you'll be 98 pounds in two weeks down from 128.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »
you can't add?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:34:35 AM »

A small glass from time to time is supposed to actually be beneficial to your system. HOWEVER if you can keep from becoming a wine-o in the process, I don't see the problem with an occassional small glass here adn there. Just dont' become dependent on the alcohol to help you go to sleep at night or you're in a whole new world of shit. If you have an addictive personality, I'd consider other options.

c-sharp minor

• Getbig II
  • omgwtfbbq
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:44:06 AM »
I drink 3-4 glasses of wine per week and still maintain a very low body fat %.

I'm not sure I would rely on it as a sleep aid though. Apparently alcohol can disrupt your sleep cycle.

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 08:57:27 AM »
Alcohol before bed will diminish the quality of your sleep.
Repent, or join me!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:16:51 AM »

yeah I have heard that...even one glass?

I'm really not much of a drinker...probably been drunk 10 times in the last 5 years.

ButtonMan

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »

You sound like a fun guy to hang around with ..........

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »
You sound like a fun guy to hang around with ..........

lol

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
Well, it sounds like you sleeping is already not so good, so how much worse could it be with wine?  It might improve.  Also, a glass of wine daily (or probably any drink with about the same alcohol) is pretty good for your health.  I wouldn't worry too much about the alcohol dependency issue either.  It is true that some people who just drink one glass or two a day are actually alcoholics.  They don't find out until they are hospitalized overnight or go away somewhere and all of a sudden start having bad withdrawl symptoms (but hospitals can and will give them alcohol if they need to).  But the odds are against this.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 09:32:10 AM »
Well, it sounds like you sleeping is already not so good, so how much worse could it be with wine?  It might improve.  Also, a glass of wine daily (or probably any drink with about the same alcohol) is pretty good for your health.  I wouldn't worry too much about the alcohol dependency issue either.  It is true that some people who just drink one glass or two a day are actually alcoholics.  They don't find out until they are hospitalized overnight or go away somewhere and all of a sudden start having bad withdrawl symptoms (but hospitals can and will give them alcohol if they need to).  But the odds are against this.

the thing is I'm a good sleeper, but I am on a restricted calorie diet and come bedtime I can't always go to sleep hungry.  I was just thinking that a little wine migh allow me to sleep just as well as the 200-500 cals worth of ice cream (depending on how much I'm dreading the next day) that I usually use to alleviate night time hunger.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 09:43:31 AM »
Is it possible to manipulate your meal times so that the last one is nearer to bedtime?  Or how about snacking on cal sparse foods like broc, salads, etc?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 09:50:27 AM »
Is it possible to manipulate your meal times so that the last one is nearer to bedtime?  Or how about snacking on cal sparse foods like broc, salads, etc?

maybe I just need to swallow you.

Well basically I already build my schedule around the fact that I sleep easier well fed, so I delay most of my eating until the evening.  I'm really just trying to lower the calories even more

maybe the answer here is I should listen to Squadfather and moderate my Calorie restriction a little bit more and not try to push it.  Is this a sign of the apocalypse, taking dietary advice from Sarcasm?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »
maybe I just need to swallow you.

Well basically I already build my schedule around the fact that I sleep easier well fed, so I delay most of my eating until the evening.  I'm really just trying to lower the calories even more

maybe the answer here is I should listen to Squadfather and moderate my Calorie restriction a little bit more and not try to push it.  Is this a sign of the apocalypse, taking dietary advice from Sarcasm?

maybe I will try it one night, and if it works make it a couple of times a week thing and not every night.

BigPopa

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »
I have three letters for you, ZMA.  It helps me sleep like a baby and I swear I can tell a big difference in  the morning.. 

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 10:02:20 AM »
I have three letters for you, ZMA.  It helps me sleep like a baby and I swear I can tell a big difference in  the morning.. 

I'll look into that, melatonin has worked for me too to some extent, except that I feel like I need more sleep when I take it.

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »
yeah I have heard that...even one glass?

I'm really not much of a drinker...probably been drunk 10 times in the last 5 years.

No, I mean "drinking" as in a couple glasses.

I drink, believe me...  :-\
Repent, or join me!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 10:25:31 AM »
No, I mean "drinking" as in a couple glasses.

I drink, believe me...  :-\

so you think that one glass wouldn't dimminish sleep quality?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 10:36:45 AM »
Try a 1/2 glass an hour or so before sleep for a few days or week and see what happens. Then if that's not enough a full glass. One night's not enough to know.

That amount's supposed to be good for health and is supposed to reduce stress due to the mellowing.

Liquid melatonin's a little harder to find but more effective.

And squeeze one out, that'll help. :o

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »
I have a TBSP of peanut butter before bed....does the job for me...

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 10:56:36 AM »
To hell with Wine before you sleep.  I always have half a pint of Grey Goose, 1 Xanax, 2 lortabs, bang my honey silly, then lights out.

HOOOOO RAH!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 10:58:26 AM »
Is it Expensive Wine?

ButtonMan

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 10:58:49 AM »
bang my honey silly, then lights out.

HOOOOO RAH!

@ nuge

You sneaky pervert   :D

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 11:08:43 AM »
I've noticed this too when i try to get leaner. The hunger really kicks in in the evenings. Im sure wine would do wonders. The key is to keep your mind busy and you won't think of food.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 11:10:21 AM »
I believe The True Adonis drinks 3 glasses every night before bed.