Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 30, 2014, 07:01:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING  (Read 100053 times)
Luv2Hurt
Competitors II
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2007, 05:05:57 AM »

Well, then you are gonna LUV these baby, cuz they HURT!  I thought I was doing OK, but today is Day 2, and I can hardly move my lower body. 

I wish we had a donkey calf raise at my gym!!   Tongue

All I can say is that guy Layne is a freaking animal for doing all those reps on that....with added weight even!!  OMG!  I tried it and could almost get one rep.....almost  Cry I wonder if I use the excuse that I just trained hams the day before will fly?  Cheesy

The donkey calf was a good idea but my legs are not quite long enough for it, I was able to get into position and try a rep but just was not locked in enough to really pull hard on it cause my heels were only a couple inches under the pad.  I saw a couple other options that might work and I will have to try them out later this week.  I could tell right away that that exercise was gonna be brutal and I'm thinking that if someone can do reps on that thing and they have any hamstring/glute genetics that they will be HUGE and oh so sexy.  Seems like the lower back muscles get an awesome workout too  Shocked

You really know the stuff is working when you get sore like that, sounds like you need a massage sweetie, let me know if I can help you out there  Grin on a purely professional basis of course  Kiss
Report to moderator   Logged
trab
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2007, 05:42:47 AM »

Well, then you are gonna LUV these baby, cuz they HURT!  I thought I was doing OK, but today is Day 2, and I can hardly move my lower body. 

I wish we had a donkey calf raise at my gym!!   Tongue

YOu dont need a Donkey machine... You can get plenty of volunteers to sit on you...
Or Better yet - Bring another Attractive GF to do that, and ruin every Guys there workout.
ripitupbaby
Getbig V

2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2007, 07:14:27 AM »

All I can say is that guy Layne is a freaking animal for doing all those reps on that....with added weight even!!  OMG!  I tried it and could almost get one rep.....almost  Cry I wonder if I use the excuse that I just trained hams the day before will fly?  Cheesy

The donkey calf was a good idea but my legs are not quite long enough for it, I was able to get into position and try a rep but just was not locked in enough to really pull hard on it cause my heels were only a couple inches under the pad.  I saw a couple other options that might work and I will have to try them out later this week.  I could tell right away that that exercise was gonna be brutal and I'm thinking that if someone can do reps on that thing and they have any hamstring/glute genetics that they will be HUGE and oh so sexy.  Seems like the lower back muscles get an awesome workout too  Shocked

You really know the stuff is working when you get sore like that, sounds like you need a massage sweetie, let me know if I can help you out there  Grin on a purely professional basis of course  Kiss

That excuse will fly...but just this time! 
I used to think that I had pretty solid and strong glutes and hammys, but after working on this for the last few weeks, I am pretty sure that they are going to result in some major improvements to my backside if I keep it up.  And like I said, I too will post a video once I master them...which may be never.   Undecided
I don't think you have to master them to get the benefits...I can tell a huge difference already just from doing sets using the body bar to push myself up.

Are you coming over NOW for that massage you promised?   I could use it, I am walking like a 90 year old lady!!  Cheesy

YOu dont need a Donkey machine... You can get plenty of volunteers to sit on you...
Or Better yet - Bring another Attractive GF to do that, and ruin every Guys there workout.

LOL this always reminds me of Arnold. 
I don't think that I could support my husband, but the hot girlfriend sitting on my back is not a bad idea at all, and one that I'm fairly certain my husband would support.    Cool

Smiley
trab
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2007, 07:17:51 AM »

Arnold was made for the camera lens... Yeah, I remember those Calf Training Pics of him to.
ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »

LOL donkey raises the old fashioned way. Here is some eye candy for the girls who read this thread. 
Arnold identified his calves as a weak area, but he managed to bring them up pretty good over the years.

Speaking of eye candy, how are your calves looking LUV?   Wink

* darnoldcalf.jpg (12.69 KB, 300x261 - viewed 589 times.)

* arny2.jpg (9.08 KB, 150x250 - viewed 594 times.)

* arny1.jpg (8.58 KB, 150x246 - viewed 598 times.)

* arny5.jpg (9.77 KB, 150x257 - viewed 597 times.)

Smiley
Luv2Hurt
Competitors II
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »

Are you coming over NOW for that massage you promised?   I could use it, I am walking like a 90 year old lady!!  Cheesy

Grin  Grin

LOL donkey raises the old fashioned way. Here is some eye candy for the girls who read this thread. 
Arnold identified his calves as a weak area, but he managed to bring them up pretty good over the years.

Speaking of eye candy, how are your calves looking LUV?   Wink

They always said Arnie may have got calf implants Undecided  Cause they went from weak to great in a short time.

Thanks rip baby!! But my calves are one of my weaker bodyparts  Sad  they are high so I was always discouraged with them.  So for years they were neglected, the last couple years I have brought them up some, they are well defined have nice shape and are very vascular but my soleus is small as is the outer head of my calves.  I will keep pounding them and if that does not work I will give the Governor a call and see if he can hook me up  Cheesy

But you can still bet there will be pics of them and more to come.  Smiley
Luv2Hurt
Competitors II
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2007, 06:52:15 AM »

Seems the hammer strength seated calf raise is gonna be perfect for the glute/ham drops! Thanks for mentioning the calf raise rip baby  Smiley  It has a huge seat and is not too high off the ground like the donkey calf, so when I slam face first into the gound it will not hurt as much LOL  I know for sure I will be pushing myself back up on these for a while, maybe always  Cry

Lets see if I can get some meat on these hams  Smiley  Time to clean my mirror! LOL

* 09-0107 goofing 021 (Large).jpg (52.53 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 555 times.)
ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »

Seems the hammer strength seated calf raise is gonna be perfect for the glute/ham drops! Thanks for mentioning the calf raise rip baby  Smiley  It has a huge seat and is not too high off the ground like the donkey calf, so when I slam face first into the gound it will not hurt as much LOL  I know for sure I will be pushing myself back up on these for a while, maybe always  Cry

Lets see if I can get some meat on these hams  Smiley  Time to clean my mirror! LOL

Your leg looks good Luv Baby, lots of lines showing up already!   Smiley

Be careful with those glute-ham drops, you may want to ease into them esp if you are contest prepping.  Maybe it's just me, but those suckers CRIPPLED me for the first couple of weeks I did them in my leg workout (4 sets of 12 with a body bar assist, which may have been a bit ambitious).  It definitely affected my ability to do cardio for a few days lol.

Smiley

Smiley
The Squadfather
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »

i'd pay money to see Rip train glutes and hams. Tongue
trab
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2007, 01:18:28 PM »

I bet there aint enough money in Bill Gates Bank accounts to get her to do that!
Luv2Hurt
Competitors II
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2007, 02:24:38 PM »

Your leg looks good Luv Baby, lots of lines showing up already!   Smiley

Be careful with those glute-ham drops, you may want to ease into them esp if you are contest prepping.  Maybe it's just me, but those suckers CRIPPLED me for the first couple of weeks I did them in my leg workout (4 sets of 12 with a body bar assist, which may have been a bit ambitious).  It definitely affected my ability to do cardio for a few days lol.

Smiley

Thanks rip they are already pretty seperated and the vascularity is comming on.  I will take it easy on those things cause your right I wanna be able to walk  Smiley  Im thinking maybe 2 sets to start off. 

ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2007, 03:46:59 PM »

I bet there aint enough money in Bill Gates Bank accounts to get her to do that!

I can accept paypal.  PM me for details.   Grin

Smiley
trab
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2007, 04:00:51 PM »

I can accept paypal.  PM me for details.   Grin

Let me help w/ the contract...
I write a mean contract...
ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »

Let me help w/ the contract...
I write a mean contract...

DEAL!   I assume that straight-legged deadlifts would be a requirement.    Grin

I'll be in touch!

Smiley
danielson
Getbig V

Basile likes young lads

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »

DEAL!   I assume that straight-legged deadlifts would be a requirement.    Grin

I'll be in touch!

Any chance of a wrestling match? Cheesy

E
ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »

Any chance of a wrestling match? Cheesy

Me and You?   So THAT'S what turns you on huh?!   I always knew you had it in you.... Wink

Smiley
danielson
Getbig V

Basile likes young lads

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »

Me and You?   So THAT'S what turns you on huh?!   I always knew you had it in you.... Wink

No, I just figured since he was paying and all. I honestly don't get the wrestling thing, is that for people who like to be dominated? I would rather just get a blowjob personally. How are my chances for that? Wink

E
ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »

No, I just figured since he was paying and all. I honestly don't get the wrestling thing, is that for people who like to be dominated? I would rather just get a blowjob personally. How are my chances for that? Wink

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. 

And I would say your chances are..................... ..

SLIM TO NONE.      Cheesy

Smiley
danielson
Getbig V

Basile likes young lads

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2007, 04:46:49 PM »

SLIM TO NONE.      Cheesy

So you're saying I got a chance! Cheesy

* d and d.jpg (31.79 KB, 301x300 - viewed 595 times.)

E
ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »

So you're saying I got a chance! Cheesy

I like optimists.  Hope is a wonderful thing to hold on to.    Smiley

Smiley
danielson
Getbig V

Basile likes young lads

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2007, 04:55:01 PM »

I like optimists.  Hope is a wonderful thing to hold on to.    Smiley

So is the back of your head Smiley

E
davidpaul
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »

You have a thick quads, the hams are coming along nicely aswell.

I wish I had some calves lol.
davidpaul
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2007, 05:04:52 PM »

What kind of lunges are best for leg development?

Walking or the forward/backward type. I find the walking better.

ripitupbaby
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2007, 05:11:24 PM »

What kind of lunges are best for leg development?

Walking or the forward/backward type. I find the walking better.

I say the walking kind, and I think that Luv says the forward/backward type.  Both are good! 

You could always superset the walking lunges with the forward/backward ones.

Smiley

Smiley
davidpaul
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »

I say the walking kind, and I think that Luv says the forward/backward type.  Both are good! 

You could always superset the walking lunges with the forward/backward ones.

Smiley

I superset the walking ones with lying curls, that shit gets you breathing man.

Lunges are the hardest excerise in my opinion, I hate them lol.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!