Author Topic: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING  (Read 352021 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2007, 05:05:57 AM »

Well, then you are gonna LUV these baby, cuz they HURT!  I thought I was doing OK, but today is Day 2, and I can hardly move my lower body. 

I wish we had a donkey calf raise at my gym!!   :P

All I can say is that guy Layne is a freaking animal for doing all those reps on that....with added weight even!!  OMG!  I tried it and could almost get one rep.....almost  :'( I wonder if I use the excuse that I just trained hams the day before will fly?  :D

The donkey calf was a good idea but my legs are not quite long enough for it, I was able to get into position and try a rep but just was not locked in enough to really pull hard on it cause my heels were only a couple inches under the pad.  I saw a couple other options that might work and I will have to try them out later this week.  I could tell right away that that exercise was gonna be brutal and I'm thinking that if someone can do reps on that thing and they have any hamstring/glute genetics that they will be HUGE and oh so sexy.  Seems like the lower back muscles get an awesome workout too  :o

You really know the stuff is working when you get sore like that, sounds like you need a massage sweetie, let me know if I can help you out there  ;D on a purely professional basis of course  :-*

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2007, 05:42:47 AM »

Well, then you are gonna LUV these baby, cuz they HURT!  I thought I was doing OK, but today is Day 2, and I can hardly move my lower body. 

I wish we had a donkey calf raise at my gym!!   :P

YOu dont need a Donkey machine... You can get plenty of volunteers to sit on you...
Or Better yet - Bring another Attractive GF to do that, and ruin every Guys there workout.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2007, 07:14:27 AM »
All I can say is that guy Layne is a freaking animal for doing all those reps on that....with added weight even!!  OMG!  I tried it and could almost get one rep.....almost  :'( I wonder if I use the excuse that I just trained hams the day before will fly?  :D

The donkey calf was a good idea but my legs are not quite long enough for it, I was able to get into position and try a rep but just was not locked in enough to really pull hard on it cause my heels were only a couple inches under the pad.  I saw a couple other options that might work and I will have to try them out later this week.  I could tell right away that that exercise was gonna be brutal and I'm thinking that if someone can do reps on that thing and they have any hamstring/glute genetics that they will be HUGE and oh so sexy.  Seems like the lower back muscles get an awesome workout too  :o

You really know the stuff is working when you get sore like that, sounds like you need a massage sweetie, let me know if I can help you out there  ;D on a purely professional basis of course  :-*

That excuse will fly...but just this time! 
I used to think that I had pretty solid and strong glutes and hammys, but after working on this for the last few weeks, I am pretty sure that they are going to result in some major improvements to my backside if I keep it up.  And like I said, I too will post a video once I master them...which may be never.   :-\
I don't think you have to master them to get the benefits...I can tell a huge difference already just from doing sets using the body bar to push myself up.

Are you coming over NOW for that massage you promised?   I could use it, I am walking like a 90 year old lady!!  :D

YOu dont need a Donkey machine... You can get plenty of volunteers to sit on you...
Or Better yet - Bring another Attractive GF to do that, and ruin every Guys there workout.

LOL this always reminds me of Arnold. 
I don't think that I could support my husband, but the hot girlfriend sitting on my back is not a bad idea at all, and one that I'm fairly certain my husband would support.    8)

:)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2007, 07:17:51 AM »
Arnold was made for the camera lens... Yeah, I remember those Calf Training Pics of him to.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »
LOL donkey raises the old fashioned way. Here is some eye candy for the girls who read this thread. 
Arnold identified his calves as a weak area, but he managed to bring them up pretty good over the years.

Speaking of eye candy, how are your calves looking LUV?   ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »
Are you coming over NOW for that massage you promised?   I could use it, I am walking like a 90 year old lady!!  :D

;D  ;D

LOL donkey raises the old fashioned way. Here is some eye candy for the girls who read this thread. 
Arnold identified his calves as a weak area, but he managed to bring them up pretty good over the years.

Speaking of eye candy, how are your calves looking LUV?   ;)

They always said Arnie may have got calf implants :-\  Cause they went from weak to great in a short time.

Thanks rip baby!! But my calves are one of my weaker bodyparts  :(  they are high so I was always discouraged with them.  So for years they were neglected, the last couple years I have brought them up some, they are well defined have nice shape and are very vascular but my soleus is small as is the outer head of my calves.  I will keep pounding them and if that does not work I will give the Governor a call and see if he can hook me up  :D

But you can still bet there will be pics of them and more to come.  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2007, 06:52:15 AM »
Seems the hammer strength seated calf raise is gonna be perfect for the glute/ham drops! Thanks for mentioning the calf raise rip baby  :)  It has a huge seat and is not too high off the ground like the donkey calf, so when I slam face first into the gound it will not hurt as much LOL  I know for sure I will be pushing myself back up on these for a while, maybe always  :'(

Lets see if I can get some meat on these hams  :)  Time to clean my mirror! LOL

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
Seems the hammer strength seated calf raise is gonna be perfect for the glute/ham drops! Thanks for mentioning the calf raise rip baby  :)  It has a huge seat and is not too high off the ground like the donkey calf, so when I slam face first into the gound it will not hurt as much LOL  I know for sure I will be pushing myself back up on these for a while, maybe always  :'(

Your leg looks good Luv Baby, lots of lines showing up already!   :)

Be careful with those glute-ham drops, you may want to ease into them esp if you are contest prepping.  Maybe it's just me, but those suckers CRIPPLED me for the first couple of weeks I did them in my leg workout (4 sets of 12 with a body bar assist, which may have been a bit ambitious).  It definitely affected my ability to do cardio for a few days lol.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »
i'd pay money to see Rip train glutes and hams. :P

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2007, 01:18:28 PM »

I bet there aint enough money in Bill Gates Bank accounts to get her to do that!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2007, 02:24:38 PM »

Your leg looks good Luv Baby, lots of lines showing up already!   :)

Be careful with those glute-ham drops, you may want to ease into them esp if you are contest prepping.  Maybe it's just me, but those suckers CRIPPLED me for the first couple of weeks I did them in my leg workout (4 sets of 12 with a body bar assist, which may have been a bit ambitious).  It definitely affected my ability to do cardio for a few days lol.

Thanks rip they are already pretty seperated and the vascularity is comming on.  I will take it easy on those things cause your right I wanna be able to walk  :)  Im thinking maybe 2 sets to start off. 

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2007, 03:46:59 PM »

I bet there aint enough money in Bill Gates Bank accounts to get her to do that!

I can accept paypal.  PM me for details.   ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2007, 04:00:51 PM »

I can accept paypal.  PM me for details.   ;D

Let me help w/ the contract...
I write a mean contract...

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »
Let me help w/ the contract...
I write a mean contract...

DEAL!   I assume that straight-legged deadlifts would be a requirement.    ;D

I'll be in touch!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »

DEAL!   I assume that straight-legged deadlifts would be a requirement.    ;D

I'll be in touch!

Any chance of a wrestling match? :D
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »
Any chance of a wrestling match? :D

Me and You?   So THAT'S what turns you on huh?!   I always knew you had it in you.... ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »

Me and You?   So THAT'S what turns you on huh?!   I always knew you had it in you.... ;)

No, I just figured since he was paying and all. I honestly don't get the wrestling thing, is that for people who like to be dominated? I would rather just get a blowjob personally. How are my chances for that? ;)
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »
No, I just figured since he was paying and all. I honestly don't get the wrestling thing, is that for people who like to be dominated? I would rather just get a blowjob personally. How are my chances for that? ;)

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. 

And I would say your chances are..................... ..

SLIM TO NONE.      :D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2007, 04:46:49 PM »

SLIM TO NONE.      :D

So you're saying I got a chance! :D
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »
So you're saying I got a chance! :D

I like optimists.  Hope is a wonderful thing to hold on to.    :)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2007, 04:55:01 PM »

I like optimists.  Hope is a wonderful thing to hold on to.    :)

So is the back of your head :)
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »

You have a thick quads, the hams are coming along nicely aswell.

I wish I had some calves lol.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2007, 05:04:52 PM »
What kind of lunges are best for leg development?

Walking or the forward/backward type. I find the walking better.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2007, 05:11:24 PM »
What kind of lunges are best for leg development?

Walking or the forward/backward type. I find the walking better.

I say the walking kind, and I think that Luv says the forward/backward type.  Both are good! 

You could always superset the walking lunges with the forward/backward ones.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »

I say the walking kind, and I think that Luv says the forward/backward type.  Both are good! 

You could always superset the walking lunges with the forward/backward ones.

I superset the walking ones with lying curls, that shit gets you breathing man.

Lunges are the hardest excerise in my opinion, I hate them lol.