Author Topic: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING  (Read 350271 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING
« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2009, 05:51:11 PM »
OK here are two squat vids I posted in my training log.  But not from behind...  :P

155 for 3
175 for 3

Wow Rip very cool, your just too damn cute  :)  So deep, very good form.  Hey your gym has the same plates as ours, i like the round metal ones.  Do you deadlift with those? cause the shape makes those suck for DLing off the floor.  Thanks for the vids again love em.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2009, 04:35:33 AM »
Wow Rip very cool, your just too damn cute  :)  So deep, very good form.  Hey your gym has the same plates as ours, i like the round metal ones.  Do you deadlift with those? cause the shape makes those suck for DLing off the floor.  Thanks for the vids again love em.

Thanks LUV... I agree...those PLATES suck for deadlifting.  Do you see the round yellow plate in the background?  That gym has a set of those, which are actual DL plates...they are made of rubber, I think, so they hit the floor better too, in addition to actually being round!  The other gym I go to has a set of DL plates and a DL platform, which is even better.

:)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #452 on: January 20, 2009, 07:38:39 AM »
i guess we'll just have to settle for the reflection in the mirror then. :P

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #453 on: January 24, 2009, 04:40:09 PM »
OK here are two squat vids I posted in my training log.  But not from behind...  :P

155 for 3
175 for 3

Thanks. I could see your booty in the mirror.  ;D

Imagine how many more juicy round bottoms we'd have on American women if they did free weight squats ass-to-ankles like Lori?
!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: January 24, 2009, 05:15:10 PM »
Thanks. I could see your booty in the mirror.  ;D

Imagine how many more juicy round bottoms we'd have on American women if they did free weight squats ass-to-ankles like Lori?

LOL I'm trying to do my part Benny, I really am.   I have seen the light, and I encourage all ladies to squat ass to ankles.  8)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #455 on: January 25, 2009, 01:20:43 AM »
LOL I'm trying to do my part Benny, I really am.   I have seen the light, and I encourage all ladies to squat ass to ankles.  8)

You can encourage all you like, rippety, the vast majority of ladies simply lack the discipline and the determination. This is true, I see it all around.    :-\

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: January 26, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »
190x2

I love this shit.   8)

LUV when are you and Little D getting together for that legendary workout?  :)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #457 on: January 26, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
190x2

I love this shit.   8)

Ass to ground with 86 kilograms!   :o

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: January 26, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »
190x2

I love this shit.   8)

Very nice work indeed Rip!!  LOL I know I hope we get a chance to.  Little D if your listening 10:30 am Saturday, STC gym, Legs training, Legendary Intensity Level workout, be there.  8)  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: February 16, 2009, 07:17:14 PM »
Saturday was leg training day.  I went into the gym with the attitude "Im just gonna do some leg pesses, not up to squat"  Well I had been saying that for over a month now LOL. So hit the sqat rack (someone on the LP made the choice clear) for some squatting, fist time in about 6 weeks.  I had been letting my right knee heal up a bit an took a week off training a couple weeks ago and it is feeling better.

Felt so good once you get going on the squats.  I find I get really anxious till the squats are done, the pot of strong coffee just added to it and maybe the hit of green bud did too LOL  But great workout, no better place to be.

I think I will be OK with the moderate weights i use, trying to conserve joints.  I will just get more reps and better form to make it harder.  More Lbs will tear me up.  Legs like good weight and lots of reps from what I have seen.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: February 17, 2009, 04:28:48 AM »
Saturday was leg training day.  I went into the gym with the attitude "Im just gonna do some leg pesses, not up to squat"  Well I had been saying that for over a month now LOL. So hit the sqat rack (someone on the LP made the choice clear) for some squatting, fist time in about 6 weeks.  I had been letting my right knee heal up a bit an took a week off training a couple weeks ago and it is feeling better.

Felt so good once you get going on the squats.  I find I get really anxious till the squats are done, the pot of strong coffee just added to it and maybe the hit of green bud did too LOL  But great workout, no better place to be.

I think I will be OK with the moderate weights i use, trying to conserve joints.  I will just get more reps and better form to make it harder.  More Lbs will tear me up.  Legs like good weight and lots of reps from what I have seen.

That's great Luv...I can relate to that feeling re. squatting LOL.  How are your legs feeling now?  Time to make some good progress! 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: February 17, 2009, 04:47:27 AM »

That's great Luv...I can relate to that feeling re. squatting LOL.  How are your legs feeling now?  Time to make some good progress! 

Legs got pretty sore, not as bad as i thought they would but sore, probally need to up the LBS my work sets were 315x12, 2 sets of 405 for 10 and another set of 315 for 12, the 405 was too easy for me now.  My RT knee has been flaring up the last few months and it feels OK now, I had been making my back sore squatting lately too but feels fine now.  The key for me is staying injury free.  Maybe I can get on a roll and get it together for a comp in September.  Yes some good progress is to follow  8)

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #462 on: July 04, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »
Hey luv, do you train at carnival?
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: July 04, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
Hey luv, do you train at carnival?

No, not sure what that is but it sounds different, if it's a gym.

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #464 on: July 04, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »
Cardinal Fitness,is a chain around the Chicago area. Delivered a piece of equipment there once.Saw this girl there,she must not have been more than 14 or 15 yrs. old. Damn near Ms.Olympia material. I'm still having a hard time getting over that. That was 8 months ago.
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #465 on: July 04, 2009, 02:39:54 PM »
You can encourage all you like, rippety, the vast majority of ladies simply lack the discipline and the determination. This is true, I see it all around.    :-\ You got that right,you oughta see em down here in Florida,huge blobs of redundant protoplasm,lumbring through the mall, like a fleet of interstate buses!
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #466 on: July 04, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »

One thing I do when I'm working my legs is to put a belt or rope around my knees.It's helpful to prevent injuries to the joints and ligaments and to stabilize the movements so I can use more weight.
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #467 on: July 04, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »
No, not sure what that is but it sounds different, if it's a gym.
I'm sorry,it's Cardinal Fitness.
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: July 04, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »
I'm sorry,it's Cardinal Fitness.

No I train at X-Sport Fitness.

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #469 on: July 05, 2009, 08:44:50 AM »
I train at Gold's in Port St. Lucie.
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: July 06, 2009, 04:18:36 AM »
Haven't bumped this thread in a long while! 

Luv, I hope the prep is going well for you.  Feel free to post a pic of your legs in this thread at any time.  ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: July 06, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »
Haven't bumped this thread in a long while! 

Luv, I hope the prep is going well for you.  Feel free to post a pic of your legs in this thread at any time.  ;)

:)  Doing well Rip thanks!  Have to admitt 4th of July weekend was not good for the diet LOL!!  Thursday a friend took me out and since we sat outside enjoying the great evening weather and with the long weekend ahead I could not help myself, a huge ass cheese burger, fries and 3 Coronas later I was feeling pretty good  ;D  Oh yeah Friday, day off work was enjoyed with some pizza and a few Sierra Nevada Kellerwiese yum!  Saturday the 4th of course a BBQ and the 3 cheadder brats I ate went down very nice with some more Sierras LOL  But Sunday I was good  :P

A bit of financial pressure has me stressed if I can do this show properly right now, but Im getting things there together, so we will see.  I have dropped 10 pounds since the start of the "diet" about 20 more to go...9 weeks  :-\  All I know Is Im getting myself in shape right now and if i feel ready I will do the show in sept, if not there is another show in early November i wanna do one of them.  I feel like competing again and feel I have made some improvements over the last year and a half.  I looked back at the thread i did for my last comp and I was right on about the weight i needed to hit to comp 190.  This time I'm saying i will be in shape at 195-197 Lbs so thats the goal.  I will keep pressing towards it.  Leg pics for sure to follow  8)   :-*

Hows your training going Ripbaby?  Have you been enjoying the offseason?  Any plans for this year?  You still growing those fine legs of yours yourself?  They and the rest of you looked so awesome last year!

A couple of my favorite Rip shots, glutes/lower body looking strong and powerfull!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: July 07, 2009, 04:16:41 AM »
LOL thanks Luv, and thanks for the update.  I forgot about those "glute" pics I posted during my prep last year!   :D

I'm trying to take some inspiration from you and get myself back in shape too.  I'm hitting glutes/legs today as a matter of fact.  I have some tentative competition plans for later this year, but it's too early to set anything in stone yet... ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: July 08, 2009, 05:08:40 AM »
LOL thanks Luv, and thanks for the update.  I forgot about those "glute" pics I posted during my prep last year!   :D

I'm trying to take some inspiration from you and get myself back in shape too.  I'm hitting glutes/legs today as a matter of fact.  I have some tentative competition plans for later this year, but it's too early to set anything in stone yet... ;)

Cool Rip!  Hope that leg session went well.  Yeah it's time to get in shape.  I know once I get closer and can see what I have been doing for the last year or so things will just spiral up from there.  Feels so much better too, clothes fitting better more agile.  Plus when bulked I feel just like any other permabulker LOL.

fire2b12

• Getbig II
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #474 on: May 10, 2011, 01:14:33 AM »
Should I do my cardio after a workout, or do I do cardio first....Or does it even matter???? I trying to cut back and lose 30 pounds :(