Author Topic: Re: Pitbulls...........again  (Read 24431 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Re: Pitbulls...........again
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »

The problem is they are animals, with their own hardwired makeup. Certian combinations of things will trigger them to REACT. When a pit reacts it's a lot different than a Lab, no matter what anyone here wants to lead us to believe. I see a couple guys here that are a disaster waitng to happen. I'd love to see how their dogs are fenced, and how often left totaly unatended. Its just a matter of time till that dog feels his teritory is threatend in ways we dont comprehend.

pits are the most exploited breeds of dog in existence. still, it is a testament to the quality of the breed that even though many are unsocialized, tortured, and otherwise ill-used, very few are human-aggressive. i'm sure anyone here who has ever worked in a shelter or pit rescue can back up the fact that even after suffering through the worst abuse imaginable they are still incredibly loving and friendly towards people. how many other breeds do you think that could be said about?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2007, 04:27:05 PM »
and what do you make of this fact...........

Temperament Test Results

The American Temperament Test Society conducts tests every year on thousands of dogs to determine the soundness of their temperament.  The American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier routinely and consistently rank in the average range, and well above many "popular" breeds such as the beagle, collie, doberman pinscher, cocker spaniel and great dane.  (Source:  American Temperament Test Society)

Alfons Estelt of the American Temperament Test Society, Inc., stated the following with respect to pit bulls: "The American Pit Bull Terriers participating in our temperament evaluation have thus far shown a passing rate of 95%. The other 121 breeds of dogs in our tests showed the average passing rate of 77%"

body88

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
Most anti pit people have never even spent time around a pit  ::)

body88

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »

Temperament Test Results

The American Temperament Test Society conducts tests every year on thousands of dogs to determine the soundness of their temperament.  The American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier routinely and consistently rank in the average range, and well above many "popular" breeds such as the beagle, collie, doberman pinscher, cocker spaniel and great dane.  (Source:  American Temperament Test Society)

Alfons Estelt of the American Temperament Test Society, Inc., stated the following with respect to pit bulls: "The American Pit Bull Terriers participating in our temperament evaluation have thus far shown a passing rate of 95%. The other 121 breeds of dogs in our tests showed the average passing rate of 77%"

Exactly..... They forget to mention FACTS like this.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2007, 04:39:10 PM »
Most anti pit people have never even spent time around a pit  ::)

Howz 20 yrs grab you Pal?

I aint necessary "anti-Pitt".  I want them where they cant: Jump,dig,CHEW, or Squirt out a fence.
ANd I'll tell you, w/  a Pitt, THAT is a tough and EXPENSIVE order to fill.

Somebodys dog mauls plenty any of many the Guys here on GB Kids - The Briefcase bandits anit gona be the fixers!
Think about that and make sure them dogs cant get out. Thats the law, for now.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2007, 04:46:45 PM »

I aint necessary "anti-Pitt".  I want them where they cant: Jump,dig,CHEW, or Squirt out a fence.
ANd I'll tell you, w/  a Pitt, THAT is a tough and EXPENSIVE order to fill.

Somebodys dog mauls plenty any of many the Guys here on GB Kids - The Briefcase bandits anit gona be the fixers!
Think about that and make sure them dogs cant get out. Thats the law, for now.

well trab if you are really that concerned that your pit might get free and attack some one than i would say that there is either a problem with...
a.  the pitbull you have or...
b.  you and the way you raise and treat your pitbull.

judging from your posts i would say the answer to that is pretty clear.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2007, 05:01:59 PM »
well trab if you are really that concerned that your pit might get free and attack some one than i would say that there is either a problem with...
a.  the pitbull you have or...
b.  you and the way you raise and treat your pitbull.

judging from your posts i would say the answer to that is pretty clear.

Hey, judging buy the way you read, you need reading classes or glasses.
  I have not owned one for a long time, young guy.
But I do have 20 yrs in w/ them, and 20+ more on top of that w/ a dozen other K9s.

YOU strike me as the kind w/ a Pitt in the city in a flimsy fence running free.
Just wait. I never seen a fence hold one except the special ones at the vet or pound.
You got no idea what you got is the real Fact Jack. Control your animal.
Legal history lesson here young guy: If the lion gets away, the owner must pay.
THATS real shit bro.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2007, 05:03:58 PM »
I met a retired mailman of 30+ years the other day, he saw my 2 pits and said he had never been bitten by a pit. He had been bitten by every ankle biter known to man, had been bitten by several german shepards, akitas, one rottie, and his worst ever experience was when he was attacked by a doberman, almost lost his arm and had to have extensive surgery on it. Said the worst part was the dobie chewing on his head :-X
Funny he had no problems playing with my dogs and was completely impressed with how well they behaved/listened to commands. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

body88

« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2007, 05:18:01 PM »
Hey, judging buy the way you read, you need reading classes or glasses.
  I have not owned one for a long time, young guy.
But I do have 20 yrs in w/ them, and 20+ more on top of that w/ a dozen other K9s.

YOU strike me as the kind w/ a Pitt in the city in a flimsy fence running free.
Just wait. I never seen a fence hold one except the special ones at the vet or pound.
You got no idea what you got is the real Fact Jack. Control your animal.
Legal history lesson here young guy: If the lion gets away, the owner must pay.
THATS real shit bro.

Had me going for a min there. Now I know you are a gimmick.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2007, 05:23:01 PM »
I met a retired mailman of 30+ years the other day, he saw my 2 pits and said he had never been bitten by a pit. He had been bitten by every ankle biter known to man, had been bitten by several german shepards, akitas, one rottie, and his worst ever experience was when he was attacked by a doberman, almost lost his arm and had to have extensive surgery on it. Said the worst part was the dobie chewing on his head :-X
Funny he had no problems playing with my dogs and was completely impressed with how well they behaved/listened to commands. ;)

I know, they are lover boys 99% of the time. But have you ever seen them go off :o.
How many years you owned them? Keep pitts long enough and it WILL happen.
EVERYONE I ever know w/ pits (lots) has.

My major beef is those flimsy ass fences. That dont cut it. Another dog, cat, or what not, and they are out.

If I lived in a major city I'd be seriously looking into a CCW permit JUST for that. I'll be damned if I cant walk my dog down the sidewalk because every bozo has a pitt behind some glorified worn out chicken wire (at best).

ANY aggressive big dog running free on my property will get popped pronto.
Ive seen free running dogs menace kids at the bus stop in SLC.
That don't fly out where I live.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2007, 05:23:26 PM »

Its not only that, I wish it were. It would still be hard or impossible to solve.

The problem is they are animals, with their own hardwired makeup. Certian combinations of things will trigger them to REACT. When a pit reacts it's a lot different than a Lab, no matter what anyone here wants to lead us to believe. I see a couple guys here that are a disaster waitng to happen. I'd love to see how their dogs are fenced, and how often left totaly unatended. Its just a matter of time till that dog feels his teritory is threatend in ways we dont comprehend.

If manditory dog insh were implemented, pitt breeds would pay a heavy premium.
Maybe thats the way it SHOULD be. A tiny dog is not near the liability of a Pitt, Staff, Rottie etc.
Want to play, pay.

Regardless of what we think of "pitbulls", a mandatory insurance would be a good thing.

Wouldn't that assure that dogs were given proper care?

I know that dog insurances are mandatory here in Sweden.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2007, 05:25:34 PM »
He's talking a person having insurance in case their dog bites someone, you sound like you are talking health insurance for the dog?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2007, 05:26:50 PM »
Had me going for a min there. Now I know you are a gimmick.

Whats gimmic about that? Thats straight out of Olde Englishe Common Law.
YOU should pay particular attn to it.

If your lion escaped, you were responsible. Same w/ any dangerous animal, instrument, or even chemical in todays interpretation of The Law.
Thats law Pal. You gonna learn the HARD WAY.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »
I know, they are lover boys 99% of the time. But have you ever seen them go off :o.
How many years you owned them? Keep pitts long enough and it WILL happen.
EVERYONE I ever know w/ pits (lots) has.

My major beef is those flimsy ass fences. That dont cut it. Another dog, cat, or what not, and they are out.

If I lived in a major city I'd be seriously looking into a CCW permit JUST for that. I'll be damned if I cant walk my dog down the sidewalk because every bozo has a pitt behind some glorified worn out chicken wire (at best).

ANY aggressive big dog running free on my property will get popped pronto.
Ive seen free running dogs menace kids at the bus stop in SLC.
That don't fly out where I live.
I've owned my pits for nine years, since they were 8 weeks. I've been around pits 12+ years and yes I've seen them go off, and the situation was stopped almost immediately.

Once again the problem is the people, not the dog.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »
Yeah, precisely.

Dunno if that's mandatory in USA?

Perhaps it would raise the status of the dogs.

I can only relate to dogs vs other pets here in Sweden, where dogs have it better on all levels.

Although, it seems like most pets fare pretty well here?

But the least restricted pets, eg guinea pigs, rats et al, are also those who generally seem to be mistreated most.

So my guess is that a mandatory health insurance, and mandatory registration, would benefit the dogs tremendously.

JMO.

-Hedge

Yur Right, but the USA is SO big. Totaly different scale.
I think mandatory liability Insh will get forced some day. Its costing the Insh Cos & Govt too much to not.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2007, 05:58:23 PM »
Yur Right, but the USA is SO big. Totaly different scale.
I think mandatory liability Insh will get forced some day. Its costing the Insh Cos & Govt too much to not.

It seems...most of the time here in the US that pet owners are beind sued if their dog bites someone.

How is this costing the gov?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
It seems...most of the time here in the US that pet owners are beind sued if their dog bites someone.

True, homeowners insurance, which some insurance companies will not insure your home if you have certain breeds. 

body88

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2007, 06:21:39 PM »

Exactly..... They forget to mention FACTS like this.

This temperment report seems to shoot some pretty big holes in some arguments made about pitbulls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temperament Test Results

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »

This temperment report seems to shoot some pretty big holes in some arguments made about pitbulls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temperament Test Results

You are not worth reading.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2007, 07:35:58 PM »

Wow! Ok, I'll spell it out. All the no-pot-to-pee in roadtrash Dog Owners w/ nothing to get when you sue them.
Who ya think picks up the tab when nobody can pay the hospital bill? Your Uncle Sam, thats YOUR money!

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »
damn ankle biters

;D

No, ring finger biter.  There was blood everywhere. ???

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2007, 07:39:41 PM »

If people can't afford health insurance for themselves, how can they get it for their pets? 

You can't FORCE someone to BUY health insurance for themselves or their pets.   I personally would not want to pay for insurance when a lot of the services that would probably be covered under insurance (vaccinations, poisons, etc) I would not use, so why should I have to pay monthly fees?

They can, and I suspect will someday, pass a law requiring liability insh. Thats all it'd take.
Your homeowners excludes most dogs these days. They came out and checkd my dogs once for the H insh.

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2007, 07:45:41 PM »
It's Friday!  Plz lighten up!  Here are some pics, I am a proud Mom/AB owner & yes I am a dork too. :) 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
Yes it does include boxers. If a person is attacked  by a brindle boxer and they know jack shit about dogs they often report it as a pitbull. " the tiger looking dog, muscular with big teeth. That = pitbull to person who does not know breeds. My dog is mistaken for a very large pitbull over and over. I do not own a pitbull currently. I own a brindle and white American Bulldog. It is NOT the same thing. That is not semantics that is a fact. Please look up the breed characteristics for proof.

Btw the way the study you are talking about is flawed. You obv have done no more research then look at the chart and form an opinion. If you had you would have found out this study was found to be flawed long ago.

A dogo is not a apbt. A Presa Canario is not a apbt. A americn bulldog is not a apbt. Lets make a bet. I will post six dogs and you tell me which ones are pitbulls, ok?

Go ahead and ban pitbulls and rottys. Then ban the next breed that people exploit. Pretty soon we can all own a lab or a nice Goldie. Then we can own nothing. I know that is what America is all about.

You should stop with blowing pitbull deaths out of proportion. You have more chance to be killed by a shark or hit by lightning then killed by a pit/ rot.

Do you use steriods when you compete?

First of all what do steroids have to do with any of this?

Second if you read my posts I was the very first one here to say that not all these types of dogs are bad.  The ones that are properly raised, sumbissive, well socialized, and kept are not a problem. I have been around some that are fine.  I also said ANY dog can be a problem if not properly taken care of.

And lastly how many purebreed pitbulls do you even think are out there? So I will say again "pitbull type" is a fine example of the group. What do you guys say "well it only LOOKS just like a pitbull"?

You and vet have still not answered the real question which you continue to avoid and that is why the hugely disproportionate # of attacks and killings by these breeds?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2007, 07:53:17 PM »
You and vet have still not answered the real question which you continue to avoid and that is why the hugely disproportionate # of attacks and killings by these breeds?
I'm not up to speed on this thread, but it's usually the same old argument so here's my take on this particular post........

the # of "attacks" isn't disporportionate, it's only disproportionately reported, and like body88 was trying to infer, many others breeds are lumped in as pitbulls. What if all retrievers and labs and hounds were lumped together as hunting dogs, would the # of hunting dog "attacks" go up? of course they would, you would be lumping several breeds together, just like they do with "pitbulls"
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!