Author Topic: Favorite machine?  (Read 4186 times)

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Re: Favorite machine?
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »
Hammer Strength Iso Row.  Wide grip, close grip, seated or standing, I think it's a great machine:

Freemotion Dual Cable Cross.  2 individual stacks and the arms go up/down and in/out.  Can get some great angles with that and pretty much do anything on it.

I love this hammer strenght machine.  I've been using it for 3 months and my back is coming up the best it ever has.  You can really feel the muscle working.

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2007, 01:16:56 AM »
Soda machine... even if I have to drink diet

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2007, 03:30:19 AM »
pumpster had an abuse of power moment

that aside (i feel your pain)... i have to agree with the previous poster who put up a picture of the hammer strength rowing "machine"... i also love the hammer strength pull over and pull down

you can tell this company has done it's homework because these machine really let you go balls to the wall and get in some serious lifting that was previously only available through free weights.

part of the reason is torque... when you use free weights the plates spin on the bar (slowly for the most part), this is torque escaping during the movement (think curling on a free bar compared to a locked in bar), this protects that joints and especially the wrists

if you only use cables and such on back day you may find that your wrists get sore... this is caused in part by that torque (in part by gripping and also potentially but strap use)... hammer strength machines prevent this