Author Topic: Favorite machine?  (Read 4187 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Favorite machine?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 04:22:42 PM »
thought so

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 03:13:49 AM »
everything hammerstrengt has for back is great.

the gym i train at now dont have it though  >:(

should make a complaint.

bassmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 08:15:18 PM »
pullover machine

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 04:32:34 AM »
Some spend waaaaay too much time worrying about whether the weight feels the same as free weights.

Hint: it doesn't matter. What matters is how it hits the muscles, and making relative improvement on whatever form of resistance is used.

Sergio said same, that the machines were more effective than weights, for those here who claim that free weights "are always better".

I doubt Sergio Oliva had the Bowflex in mind when he made that statement Pumpster.
The House that Ruth built

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 05:29:04 AM »
I doubt Sergio Oliva had the Bowflex in mind when he made that statement Pumpster.

Anyone with actual BB experience and training knows they all work, just as gh15 suggests a bowflex and dumbbells. Oliva was obviously open-minded when it came to training methods and seems to have been willing to try anything new that worked, unlike some here.

Here's a pic of bmacsys' swimmer look on getbig LOL This is what happens when all free time's spent typing on getbig. A bowflex would help change that but would take actual work he shows absolutely no signs of being able to handle.

Make sure to stick with training contributions on to the training board. Your trolling lacks sufficient wit or humor to make the posts interesting. ;D

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 08:38:59 AM »
For the sake of BB'ing information and experience, I ask Pumpster to give us all his own personal BowFlex  training program. Help to clear up how a BowFlex should be used. I, and others, have given personal training programs many times over. So maybe the mod would like to share his training plan with us?

The resistance and results a muscle gets is not always the same with free weights vs a machine. Even using a BB and/or DB on the same exercise will produce different dynamics with regards to muscle and strength development. Neither machine or free weight workout are the same or better than the other, just different.

If that statement is true and Sergio did say that machines were more effective than weights, than good for Sergio. He could get massive by waving milk cartons around. Machines might have been more effective for him but not for most people. At least have a combination of both free weights and machine for a well rounded workout. Good Luck.
F

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »
For the sake of BB'ing information and experience, I ask Pumpster to give us all his own personal BowFlex  training program. Help to clear up how a BowFlex should be used. I, and others, have given personal training programs many times over. So maybe the mod would like to share his training plan with us?

The resistance and results a muscle gets is not always the same with free weights vs a machine. Even using a BB and/or DB on the same exercise will produce different dynamics with regards to muscle and strength development. Neither machine or free weight workout are the same or better than the other, just different.

If that statement is true and Sergio did say that machines were more effective than weights, than good for Sergio. He could get massive by waving milk cartons around. Machines might have been more effective for him but not for most people. At least have a combination of both free weights and machine for a well rounded workout. Good Luck.

JPM now informing us on Sergio, without knowing any details hahaahahah the arrogance of JPM is great i love it. Just to clarify what JPM doesn't know, Sergio specifically said the machines were more effective, not equivalent LOL try to get it right just once man.

Also it's quite clear to me that gh15's assessments >>> JPM's. In fact they're not even in the same sentence.

As far as providing a program, just suggesting that throws JPM's remaining judgement into question. JPM should explain to us why a different program would be needed for different forms of resistance..Quite bizarre. ;D

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »
Just asked if Pumpster would be kind enough to give us all a sample of his BowFlex personal workout plan. Helping to explain the benefits of said machine. Did not mean to start Pumpsters personal meltdown.  If he's too sensitive, than that's the way he is. Good luck.
F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 09:25:38 AM »
JPM now informing us on Sergio, without knowing any details hahaahahah the arrogance of JPM is great i love it. Just to clarify what JPM doesn't know, Sergio specifically said the machines were more effective, not equivalent LOL try to get it right just once man.

Also it's quite clear to me that gh15's assessments >>> JPM's. In fact they're not even in the same sentence.

As far as providing a program, just suggesting that throws JPM's remaining judgement into question. JPM should explain to us why a different program would be needed for different forms of resistance..Quite bizarre. ;D

the answer is relatively simple, bowflex does not have enough resistance for me to train legs... instead of doing sets of 10-12 as i would with free weights i would sets of 20 or more on a bowflex... this might provide a good workout but i would certainly have to modify my program

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 09:27:28 AM »
the answer is relatively simple, bowflex does not have enough resistance for me to train legs... instead of doing sets of 10-12 as i would with free weights i would sets of 20 or more on a bowflex... this might provide a good workout but i would certainly have to modify my program

Depends on how much is on the machine.

The amount of resistance is not the same issue as whether the resistance is viable.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »
Depends on how much is on the machine.

The amount of resistance is not the same issue as whether the resistance is viable.

to some degree it is....

if there is not enough, then it's not viable for me!  :D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »
Anyone with actual BB experience and training knows they all work, just as gh15 suggests a bowflex and dumbbells. Oliva was obviously open-minded when it came to training methods and seems to have been willing to try anything new that worked, unlike some here.

Here's a pic of bmacsys' swimmer look on getbig LOL This is what happens when all free time's spent typing on getbig. A bowflex would help change that but would take actual work he shows absolutely no signs of being able to handle.

Make sure to stick with training contributions on to the training board. Your trolling lacks sufficient wit or humor to make the posts interesting. ;D

Show us your "Body by Bowflex" Mr. Coward.  No way you will because it will expose you once and for all.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 10:01:42 AM »
bowflex does not have enough resistance for me to train legs.

It has enough resistance for the "MIGHTY PUMPSTER"! ahahahah ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »
It has enough resistance for the "MIGHTY PUMPSTER"! ahahahah ;)

No more trolling posts in training for the next month. Spend the time training this time.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 11:32:41 AM »
Just asked if Pumpster would be kind enough to give us all a sample of his BowFlex personal workout plan. Helping to explain the benefits of said machine. Did not mean to start Pumpsters personal meltdown.  If he's too sensitive, than that's the way he is. Good luck.

JPM's inability to explain bizarre theories speaks volumes once again.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 11:39:11 AM »
Show us your "Body by Bowflex" Mr. Coward.  No way you will because it will expose you once and for all.

Thing is i actually look like a BB, am too secure in what i've built mentally and physically to bother LOL just as the owner of a sports car doesn't always have to race it. A while ago bmacsys in all seriousness proposed meeting on a street corner "to settle it" LOL Essentially we're dealing with thugs here.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=163458.25

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 03:53:30 PM »
No more trolling posts in training for the next month. Spend the time training this time.

you shouldn't time people out because they dissagree with you... he wasn't trolling... he was teasing, there was no foul language, racism or other non-tolerated attacks

what's up with you?  this is not cool... your board sucks because you do not let people express themselves

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 04:19:53 PM »

you shouldn't time people out because they dissagree with you... he wasn't trolling... he was teasing, there was no foul language, racism or other non-tolerated attacks

what's up with you?  this is not cool... your board sucks because you do not let people express themselves

It's not my board, and you should spend time contributing here instead of trolling and bitching about it. Either that, leave or you're next.

You're unfunny except to yourself, and don't seem to have much training info to add. Trab noticed the same thing about you, you're annoying with very little in the way of positives. Stop obsessing over me the way you do (it's embarassing, i didn't want to let you know in public) and add something more interesting than whining.

I deleted the name-calling posts because they have no place here, which of course went right over your head and didn't occur to you.  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 04:39:05 PM »
It's not my board, and you should spend time contributing here instead of trolling and bitching about it. Either that, leave or you're next.

You're unfunny except to yourself, and don't seem to have much training info to add. Trab noticed the same thing about you, you're annoying with very little in the way of positives. Stop obsessing over me the way you do (it's embarassing, i didn't want to let you know in public) and add something more interesting than whining.

I deleted the name-calling posts because they have no place here, which of course went right over your head and didn't occur to you.  ;D

that's the same trab that was banned from the pet board in july right?

you mean the pressure washer who got all offended that i thought he was hilarious for using steroids to pressure wash...

c'mon man, you can get better allies than that

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »

that's the same trab that was banned from the pet board in july right?

you mean the pressure washer who got all offended that i thought he was hilarious for using steroids to pressure wash...

c'mon man, you can get better allies than that

Focus on training posts before i have to remind Ron that you're trolling again.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »

agree, this is the best machine in the gym imo.  You dont even need to go heavy if combined with partial deads and rows.  8-12 rep range is perfect.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 09:11:03 PM »
pumpster had an abuse of power moment

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 10:13:51 AM »
Pumpster is one of the biggest trolls on Getbig bar NONE.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:05 AM »
Pumpster is one of the biggest trolls on Getbig bar NONE.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 08:43:20 PM »

Its his only reason to keep living.