Author Topic: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!  (Read 19527 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2007, 01:11:34 PM »
I'm not sure about the Yanks being clear favorites in '01.   I'm not going to get into splitting hairs statistically on this one, but I do know they had Johnson and Schilling with 21-22 wins each with only six losses, Luiz Gonzalez at his juiced up prime, and that they had a better season record and run differential than the Yankees.  With two pitchers at that level, it's hard to call them dogs, but I don't remember what Vegas had them at.

I agree with everything else in your post, though.

As far as the sox are concerned, when will we start hearing the voices getting louder calling for Ellsbury to replace Drew, if they haven't already?  Ellsbury would add much more dimension to that lineup, and they need it.
Y

body88

« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2007, 03:40:29 PM »
I'm not sure about the Yanks being clear favorites in '01.   I'm not going to get into splitting hairs statistically on this one, but I do know they had Johnson and Schilling with 21-22 wins each with only six losses, Luiz Gonzalez at his juiced up prime, and that they had a better season record and run differential than the Yankees.  With two pitchers at that level, it's hard to call them dogs, but I don't remember what Vegas had them at.

I agree with everything else in your post, though.

As far as the sox are concerned, when will we start hearing the voices getting louder calling for Ellsbury to replace Drew, if they haven't already?  Ellsbury would add much more dimension to that lineup, and they need it.

Ellsbury went three for three last night. The voices will be coming very soon if he keeps it up. Dustin and Jacoby have been on fire.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2007, 10:30:02 AM »
Bump so no one forgets the Yanks kicking ass ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2007, 10:33:29 AM »
I hope those evil Red Sox don't get caught trying to steal signals from the Yanks in the up coming up series >:(

;D

body88

« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2007, 10:46:36 AM »
I hope those evil Red Sox don't get caught trying to steal signals from the Yanks in the up coming up series >:(

;D

Haha dont even go there! The yankees house most the known juicers in the mlb!        ;) ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »

Haha dont even go there! The yankees house most the known juicers in the mlb!        ;) ;)

Have any of them been caught or tested positive? NOPE. Unlike oh say, the Patriots. Don't even try to tell me Manny and those other clowns aren't on something, either.  ::)

body88

« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »
Have any of them been caught or tested positive? NOPE. Unlike oh say, the Patriots. Don't even try to tell me Manny and those other clowns aren't on something, either.  ::)

Show me where a single pat tested positive for a drug. The NFL does not even test for hgh. The only positive test came from your wagon team of the year. The chargers.

Don't get mad cuz Giambi admitted to juicing  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:18 AM »

Were not talking about steroids{by the way who really knows if Giambi admitted it ;)}
Were talking about those EVIL Boston teams underhanded tactics they use to win :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »

Giambi used well before he became a Yankee.  Who else on the team is a known juicer?

I can't think of many Yankees who underwent the body changes we've seen over the years from Varitek, Ortiz, and  Nixon.   Heck, Paxton Crawford admitted to using and getting them from his teammates, yet the story was thrown under the rug.

Every team has their users, none more than the others. 
Y

body88

« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2007, 11:37:43 AM »
Giambi used well before he became a Yankee.  Who else on the team is a known juicer?

I can't think of many Yankees who underwent the body changes we've seen over the years from Varitek, Ortiz, and  Nixon.   Heck, Paxton Crawford admitted to using and getting them from his teammates, yet the story was thrown under the rug.

Every team has their users, none more than the others. 

Giambi
Clemens
Schef

Have all been rumored to have dabbled. Ortiz is overweight  ???

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »

[/quote]

To much test and dunkin donuts ;D

body88

« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2007, 11:52:47 AM »
Lol test and glazed donuts = hr's

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2007, 11:57:05 AM »
Lol test and glazed donuts = hr's

Hahaha,aint that the truth!
Manny might be on but even he wouldn't know if he was or wasn't ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2007, 12:05:54 PM »
Giambi
Clemens
Schef

Sheff isn't a Yankee, and all his BALCO related stuff was pre-Yankee.

Clemens?  No proof of anything other than speculation from writers, just like Varitek and Nixon were called out by Verducci.   Except Clemens hasn't undergone the atrophy experienced by the other two.

Ortiz is fat?  He's not really fat.  Take away the name and the uniform, and tell me how RSN would react to someone who's experienced a huge weight gain from his rookie year, a complete power surge, a power loss, and and a bunch of injuries?  Also a player who has made excuses for Dominican/Latin players who HAVE failed, and admitted he doesn't know everything he's put into his body.

Here's Mr. Arias' rookie card, looks a little different than he does now:

Now, personally, I don't really think Ortiz juices, but it's probably easier to make a case than Clemens, whom you labeled a "known juicer". 
Y

body88

« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »
Ortiz is looking lean and mean there.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2007, 08:41:19 PM »
Ortiz is looking lean and mean there.

He really is.  The Twins messed up huge.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2007, 06:03:00 AM »
Whats up with the name change?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2007, 10:18:57 AM »
Whats up with the name change?

He's latin, they all have seventeen names.

Too bad Tampa has no bullpen, or else this upcoming series could have been more interesting.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »
He's latin, they all have seventeen names.

Too bad Tampa has no bullpen, or else this upcoming series could have been more interesting.

Hahaha and lets not get into their real ages!
Jeez,who was playing right field for Tampa last night?
dude was running around like a chicken with his head chopped off :o
it would of been a great catch but a good outfielder would of had a shot at Ortiz's game winner!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »
I saw the replay.  It should have been caught.  Shame on Reyes for throwing a belt high fastball right down the middle when he had been going outside the whole AB.  Reyes is very bad.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2007, 07:27:23 AM »
Man,I hope the Yanks kick some ass this weekend.
Body88 is gonna be a clicking fool come Sunday night with his cheating Pats and steroid filled Sox both on at the same time ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2007, 08:35:44 AM »
Body88 is gonna be a clicking fool come Sunday night with his cheating Pats and steroid filled Sox both on at the same time ;D

2 out of 3 would be nice, but anything can happen.  To me, this series is not about the sox/Yanks, the sox are just another team we need to beat to stay on top of the WC.  Don't get me wrong, it would be nice if the Yanks can continue the trend of hammering the sox' big three.
Y

body88

« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2007, 09:14:31 AM »

The pats didnt cheat, see Roger Goodels statment. Who on the sox has ever been accused of steriods? Now tell me how many Yankees have  ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2007, 10:06:27 AM »
The pats didnt cheat, see Roger Goodels statment. Who on the sox has ever been accused of steriods? Now tell me how many Yankees have  ;)

Accusations mean what? I'm accusing 99% of the Patriots of being on gear. Looks like they're worse than the Yanks now! That's about the same significance as the media saying Clemens take steroids. What about ol' Curt and Mr. Ortiz? The increase in the size of his head and the 70 pounds he's added were all natural!  ::)

Don't worry, you endorse cheaters. It's ok. You like scumbag teams and you're a scumbag fan. Just the way the world works I guess.  :-\

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »
Accusations mean what? I'm accusing 99% of the Patriots of being on gear. Looks like they're worse than the Yanks now! That's about the same significance as the media saying Clemens take steroids. What about ol' Curt and Mr. Ortiz? The increase in the size of his head and the 70 pounds he's added were all natural!  ::)

Don't worry, you endorse cheaters. It's ok. You like scumbag teams and you're a scumbag fan. Just the way the world works I guess.  :-\

And don't forget the fake blood on ol' Curt's shoe :o :D