Author Topic: THE ROWDY TRAINING AND LIFESTYLE LOG!  (Read 20225 times)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
THE ROWDY TRAINING AND LIFESTYLE LOG!
« on: August 12, 2007, 04:38:45 AM »
Alright I thought I'd start one just to keep track of my workouts and shit like that.  Lately I haven't really had a set plan for my workouts, just going by instinct and what I feel like doing.

Today I felt like doing chest, biceps and the forearm extensor muscles.

CHEST

Bodyweight Dips, I do these in my kitchen on a counter thats V shaped.  I make sure to tuck my chin down into my chest.  This exercise feels great for me.  Resting exactly 1 minute between sets.  Chest is probably my worst bodypart atm but slowly improving.

Set 1- 8 reps
      2- 8
      3- 8
      4- 8
      5- 8
      6- 6
      7- 4
      8- 4
Done  :D

BICEPS

Barbell Curls - only like 42lbs + whatever the bar weighs that I have.  I use very controlled reps, with steady negatives.  At the end of the later sets I use some cheat reps at the end.  Resting exactly 1 minute between sets.

1-8
2-8
3-8
4-8
5-5
6-6 (1 cheat rep)
7-7 (2 cheat reps)
8-6 (2 cheat reps)

FOREARM EXTENSORS

Golf club wrist extensions  ;D - hahahaha for this I just got an old golf club and slid a few 0.5kg plates down the shaft of the club and they sit at the bottom.  I hold the handle of the golf club and just do like a wrist extension.  The leverage means you don't need to use much weight at all.  Its a pretty sweet exercise.

I didn't actually record the sets and reps for this, but just kept changing arms as soon as the other had finished the set.  Went to about 15 reps for the first 4 or so sets, down to 10 reps for another 4, then down to 8 for another 4 or so.  I love working forearms.  Fun  :D

OBVIOUSLY the weight I use isn't big at all, but I'm still young and got plenty of years to get up there.

Stay tuned.  ;)

ryanhard

• Getbig II
Re: THE ROWDY TRAINING AND LIFESTYLE LOG!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 03:24:10 PM »
do you just train at home?
because i do and i have to be creative in some exercises for certain bodyparts just as you are doing.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 01:44:23 AM »
do you just train at home?
because i do and i have to be creative in some exercises for certain bodyparts just as you are doing.

Yep, I train at home.  In some ways I prefer it to training in a gym - I can train whenever I feel like,  I can do anything I want and not look like an idiot eg. flexing between sets, and I don't have to wear clothes and shoes.

It kinda sucks caus I don't have enough weight for heavy exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench, rows but I'm happy with the progress I'm making so it's all good. 

Cheers mate.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 06:25:21 AM »
Alright today felt good for Triceps and Calves, so that's how it went.

TRICEPS

One arm overhead Db extensions ~ 30 lbs.  I didn't really have much of a plan of how I'd work triceps today so I just did whatever,  all sets listed are to failure.  I didn't keep an exact time between sets but was around 1-2 minutes.

1 - 9
2 - 6
3 - 5
4 - 5
5 - 3
Five top partial reps
6 - 3
7 - 3
8 - 1

CALVES

One legged calf raises

I do these in the same style as "Mtwain" from Ironage, which is on the training board here.  It works great!

1 set per leg

25 reps
5 forced negatives
(10 burn reps + 1 slow assisted rep) * 10    these are brutal!

the key to doing it this way is to get everything possible out of just one set, to make sure you're completely spent.  After the set is finished I flex and pose my calves for a couple minutes then stretch them.

And that's all for today.  After my workouts I just have a standard post workout shake, or if I'm out of powder I'll have a can of tuna and a can of baked beans.  I also like to eat alot of Vitamin C tablets and EGGS afterwards.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 04:04:40 AM »
Alright I haven't updated this for awhile cause I've been fucken lazy. Here's some workouts that I did a few weeks back

Thursday 16th August

Back

Pullups - Aiming for 6 sets of 6. Exactly 1 minute rest between sets.  I'd gotten really weak on pullups lately for some reason, but I don't really care.

1- 6
2- 6
3- 4
4- 3
5- 3
6- 2

Then I just did some light BB rows, about 5 sets, most going to 12 reps.  This is the first time I've done any rowing for over 6 months cause I just couldn't be bothered cause I don't have much weight at home to work with but decided to do some anyways.

It does look like a pretty shit back workout but yeah it goes alright.  :-\ Here's a pic of my back, 17 years old.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 04:09:07 AM »
Saturday 18th August

Dips - Aiming for 8 sets of 8 with exactly 1 minute of rest in between sets.

1- 8
2- 8
3- 8
4- 8
5- 8
6- 7
7- 4
8- 3.5

Then just did 4 light sets of military press but they felt pretty heavy after the dips.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 04:10:58 AM »
Monday 20th August

Back Workout

This was very similar to my last back workout.  I didn't record any details of reps or whatever though.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 04:14:33 AM »
Thursday 23rd August

Dips - Felt really weak today for some reason  ??? 

I had really random rest times between sets today, just watching bits of tv in between sets.  The rest times probably got abit longer as I went along, accounting for why I was getting more reps in the later sets.

1- 17
2- 9
3- 8
4- 5
5- 6
6- 6
7- 8
8- 9
9- 8
10- 7

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 04:33:52 AM »
Sunday 26th August

Started off on this day with Behind the neck press but they were feeling weird with my right shoulder so I just switched to Military press for 5 sets of about 10.

Barbell Curls

1- 66lbs + bar - 8
2- 66lbs + bar - 6
3- 66lbs + bar - 5
4- 53lbs + bar - 7
5- 53lbs + bar - 5

Overhead Barbell Extension

1- 53lbs + bar - 10
2- 66lbs + bar - 6
3- 66lbs + bar - 5

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 04:38:10 AM »
Wednesday 29th August

Dips - Aiming for 8 sets of 8 with exactly 1 minute rest between sets.

1- 8
2- 8
3- 8
4- 8
5- 8
6- 8
7- 6
8- 5

Was pretty happy with these, almost got the 8 x 8.  When I do I'll start adding weight or work up to 10 x 10.

Chinups - Didn't really have a plan with these, just did whatever I felt like.

1- 8
2- 4.5
3- 3
4- 3
5- 3
6- 2
7- 2.5
8- 2.5

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 04:43:29 AM »
Friday 31st August

Five sets of Military press 10 - 12 reps.

Overhead Barbell Extension

1- 53lbs + bar - 8
2- 53lbs + bar - 7
3- 53lbs + bar - 10
4- 53lbs + bar - 7

Hammer Curls - 45lb dumbbell

1- 8
2- 6
3- 5

I'm thinking about using more volume in my arm workouts, because my arms looked larger a month or two back when I was using more volume.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »
Looking good in here bro keep up the work!

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 10:01:55 PM »
Looking good in here bro keep up the work!

Thanks mate.  :)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 01:46:06 PM »
How about some 1-legged Sqts bro, good log man interesting to see someone do it all with very little equipment.
follow the arrows

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 01:27:49 AM »
How about some 1-legged Sqts bro, good log man interesting to see someone do it all with very little equipment.

I used to do 1-legged squats, but for me it felt like I was using glutes to much.  I'll give them another go, and start doing them again.  :)

Just recently I've begun doing high rep front squats with my heels raised up on a brick.  I feel it really isolates my quads well.

Cheers mate. 

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 07:10:19 PM »
Tuesday 4th September

Delts

Bentover Lateral Raises

10 sets of 10, exactly 1 minute rest between sets

Standing Lateral Raises

5 sets of 10, exactly 30 seconds rest between sets

Front Raises

5 sets of 10, exactly 30 seconds rest between sets.

I opted for a German Volume Training style approach for delts on this day, I feel it works better for me.

Biceps/Forearms

Hammer Curls - 25lb dumbbell starting off with exactly 1 minute rest between sets

1- 10
2- 10
3- 10
4- 10  at this point changed rest to 1 and half minutes between sets and dropped target reps to 5 because I overestimated being able to get 10 for all the sets.
5- 5
6- 5
7- 5
8- 5

Overall very happy with the workout, I think keeping the number of sets abit higher is working quite well for me.  Biceps and forearms sore next day which is rare for me so I'm happy.

I'll put up another pic just to keep the log abit more interesting.  Here's a pic from a month back or so, it's really red for some reason.  Fucken weird.  ???

Also a twisting shot that I took last night that I thought looked kinda "aesthetic"  :P

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 03:39:02 AM »
Looking fantastic Rowdy :), I have been a bit slack on the logs since I tore my bi a while back so i didn't even see you started one :P. I know its pretty hard to train at home, I had been doing it for a few years before a couple of months ago and i struggled with it, but you are looking great so keep it up mate 8). Great Bicep peak as well mate :o.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 04:40:41 AM »
Looking fantastic Rowdy :), I have been a bit slack on the logs since I tore my bi a while back so i didn't even see you started one :P. I know its pretty hard to train at home, I had been doing it for a few years before a couple of months ago and i struggled with it, but you are looking great so keep it up mate 8). Great Bicep peak as well mate :o.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate it!  :)  Sucks that you tore ya bicep, I'd be spewin'.  Hope it heals quick and doesn't stop your training too much.  I'm sure you'll look awesome in the mr getbig.   8)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 02:04:15 AM »
Dude i think you would do well in the MrGetBig, tbh better than me I'd say :-[..... ;D, your arms alone blow mine out of the water ;D. If you don't go in it this year you would for sure kill it next year 8).

Oh and yeah the Bicep is a pain in the ass. You just don't realise how many exercises use them directly or indirectly till they are screwed lol :-\

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 05:03:54 AM »
Thanks for the kind words mate.  :)  I'm still deciding whether i wanto go through dieting or not  :-\  Maybe I should just harden the fuck up and do it  ;D

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 05:09:28 AM »
Friday 7th September

Dips  - still working towards 8 sets of 8, almost there.  Exactly 1 minute rest between sets.

1- 8
2- 8
3- 8
4- 8
5- 8
6- 8
7- 7
8- 4

I was actually surprised that I improved, I only got 3.5 hours sleep the night before - fucken assignments and exams for uni  >:( >:(

Chinups - fucking pissweak  :-[  Aiming for 6 sets of 6

1- 6
2- 4.5
3- 3
4- 2.5
5- 2.5
6- 2

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 05:11:46 AM »
Saturday 8th September

Front Squats

5 sets of 20 with heels raised up on brick.

These fucked me up pretty well even though it was only 5 sets.  The high reps kill me.

That's all I did today, just felt like doin some front squats.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 04:47:26 AM »
Sunday September 9th

Forearms

Only did wrist curls today while I was watching some tv.   :)

~35lb dumbbell

started off going to 12, for about 3 sets
                           10, for 2-3 sets
                             8, for a couple more

After I'd finished I realised it was pretty stupid cause I just remembered that I was planning on hitting biceps tomorrow  >:(  but I still might cause my forearms never give out before my biceps anyways.

Starting to reduce daily calories to get abit leaner.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 03:58:57 AM »
Monday 10th September

Chest

Dips - still going 8x8, 1 minute rest between sets

1- 8
2- 8
3- 8
4- 8
5- 8
6- 8
7- 8
8- 5

Only 1 set left to conquer!  Good shit I'm happy  :)

Back

Chinups - going for 6x6, 1 minute rest between sets.  Shit

1- 6
2- 5
3- 4
4- 2.5
5- 3
6- 2.5

Yates style barbell rows

Did these fairly light, 4 sets of 12, 1 set of 10

I think the best thing about doing these lighter is that I can really feel the muscles working as a do it.  I can feel my teres major muscle move and contract, feels good.  ;)

Biceps

Barbell curls - 66lbs + bar

1- 8 (2 cheats)
2- 6 (2cheats)
3- 5 (2 cheats)

Triceps

Overhead barbell extensions - 66lbs + bar

1- 8
2- 8
3- 5

Overall, quite happy with it.  Had a 2.5 hour nap this afternoon, it was awesome.  :D

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 04:04:58 AM »
I've thought up a training split that I'm trying instead of just going by whatever I feel like doing.

Monday

Chest
Back
Biceps (heavy/low no. of sets)
Triceps (heavy/low no. of sets)

Wednesday

Shoulders
Quads
Hams
Calves

Friday

Chest
Back (optional)
Biceps (Higher volume, GVTish style)
Triceps (Higher volume, GVTish style)

Forearms trained whenever I feel like it.

I'm trying this out because my chest needs improvement, and I also wanto improve my arms abit.