Author Topic: Eryk Bui says the IFBB is stupid  (Read 30525 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: Eryk Bui says IFBB is STUPID
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2007, 11:37:33 AM »
The only promising thing he said was that he won't be judging NPC shows any longer. Any clown who thinks it's okay to say the things he did after the LA show and how he justified judging his girlfriend in the show is out of their mind. Bui and I had words on the bodyspace blog and if you doubt his delusion just read the comments on the blog:

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests/2007/07/23/2007-npc-los-angeles-championships/
Lift,

That exchange about Eryk sitting on the judging panel at the LA was enlightening. But the real question is why was the boyfriend of a competitor allowed to sit in judgment of her class at an NPC show? Aren't there regulations that require recusal of a judge in these circumstances? What's next -- Jay Cutler's wife judging the Mr. O this year?
BigNationRadio.com

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »
Blame Ron for interviewing him in the dungeon 2 weeks before the show he was doomed before he stepped on stage.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
Lift,

That exchange about Eryk sitting on the judging panel at the LA was enlightening. But the real question is why was the boyfriend of a competitor allowed to sit in judgment of her class at an NPC show? Aren't there regulations that require recusal of a judge in these circumstances? What's next -- Jay Cutler's wife judging the Mr. O this year?
He should have removed himself from her class at the very least and definitely not judged the overall. It's common sense. The guy is delusional and to try and justify judging his gf the way he did was assinine.
Elevate Your Image.™

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2007, 11:45:41 AM »
I think stan would do better than eryk

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Re: Response to Eryk Bui!
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »
Jimmy Canyon was in better condition than Swamp Bui, no question.

Elevate Your Image.™

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
Jimmy Canyon was in better condition than Swamp Bui, no question.

monster 185 lbs 'pro' bodybuilder.....
L

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »
This fcuking Midget is full of himself up to the ass. What part of IFBB Pro doesn't he understand? Keep complaining like a little bitch
Get Big, or Die Trying

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2007, 02:42:28 PM »
There are common sense bounderies of "speaking your mind", which he knowingly crossed over. No one has been suspende for questioning the judging, or a placing, etc.....but when you liken the President of the federation to being a "mob Boss", and alledge fixing of shows...you will be held to a higher standard.

There are proper channels to go through if you have a problem, he never went through any of them...and instead, decided to rant and rave on his blog.

Nothing was ever passed by me, or written in to the IFBB, or even brought up with the officials to my knowledge.

That's why he was a moron, people get punished or even fired in some jobs for doing that. It's slander, unprofessional and cowardly. It's like instead of telling someone your upset with them you go and bash them upside the head with a golf club.
I

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2007, 03:19:13 PM »
JUst how did you intend on changing anything? With your physique? It obviously wasn't with your voice, your attendance at meetings, or your input on anything.....0-3 buddy.

....by writing in his myspace blog....

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »
monster 185 lbs 'pro' bodybuilder.....
Looks pretty good to me.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »
There are common sense bounderies of "speaking your mind", which he knowingly crossed over. No one has been suspende for questioning the judging, or a placing, etc.....but when you liken the President of the federation to being a "mob Boss", and alledge fixing of shows...you will be held to a higher standard.

There are proper channels to go through if you have a problem, he never went through any of them...and instead, decided to rant and rave on his blog.

Nothing was ever passed by me, or written in to the IFBB, or even brought up with the officials to my knowledge.

more arbitrary IFBB nonsense...

Chick you can't seem to make up your mind as to whether bui was "outspoken" or not.
either way you point out the double standard the IFBB seems to practice.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
more arbitrary IFBB nonsense...

Chick you can't seem to make up your mind as to whether bui was "outspoken" or not.
either way you point out the double standard the IFBB seems to practice.

Thats the rub....only HE claims to be outspoken, referenceing his writing and being a "journalist"....where we have no idea, mentions writing for some magazine no one has ever heard of....let alone the judges....and feels his comments (which no one knew of) were being used against him...

There is no double standard here...There have been plenty (including Lee Priest) who have voiced there outspokeness...only to still place in the top 3, or win outright...judged on their merrits.

Bui was no exception...he just lives in a world of his own...fantasyland.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2007, 04:30:01 PM »
Lift,

Yes, there are....unfortunately, no one knew he was living with one of the contestants...there was no formal announcement made, so it slipped under the radar...

Had it been public knowledge, he would have been excused off the panel so as to eliminate any "hint of impropriety"...

That being said....HE knew he was going to be judging his GF...and should have had the integrity to mention it and excuse HIMSELF from the panel....

Stavios

« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2007, 06:02:19 PM »
and should have had the integrity to mention it and excuse HIMSELF from the panel....

don't expect that from that little ankle bitter

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »
eric realized going into this show that without his girlfriend being a judge he wasn't going to do well and he blogged the meltdown that way having control over his retirement announcement.  so he mentions some folks he wanted to take a few pot shots at on the way out the door.

The Coach

« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2007, 06:12:30 PM »
I heard somewhere in a conversation the other day the theory that many IFBB guys, after having gotten their procard, simply become delusional in order to believe that what they're seeing in the mirror is progress...because there really wasn't much more to be made.

gh15 once said that turning pro you are perfect, and everything after that is just for love of the size game, really, so that your objective come contest time after that isn't necessarily coming in in shape, but coming in "bigger, but still hard enough."

A perfect example of sacrificing conditioning for size...sad, because freaky conditioning is MUCH harder to achive than freaky size!

Stavios

« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »
A perfect example of sacrificing conditioning for size...sad, because freaky conditioning is MUCH harder to achive than freaky size!

speak for yourself  :(

The Coach

« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2007, 06:17:36 PM »
speak for yourself  :(

Give it time young Jedi and don't rush it ;)!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »
That being said....HE knew he was going to be judging his GF...and should have had the integrity to mention it and excuse HIMSELF from the panel....

From what I heard, he asked to be excused from the panel during the class in which his girlfriend was competing in.

But it didn't matter, I was there, and his girl clearly won that class.  She didn't win the overall.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »
From what I heard, he asked to be excused from the panel during the class in which his girlfriend was competing in.

But it didn't matter, I was there, and his girl clearly won that class. She didn't win the overall. 

Ron remove your lips from Bui's balls. That's an idiotic statement. You're sounding like him, it doesn't matter if she was the clear winner of the class. It sends the wrong message whether she is first or fifth. He had no problem not judging the Jr. Cal and other cali show, why did he have to judge this show, especially since his GF was competing? She not winning the overall is irrelevant. I point blank asked him if he voted for her in the overall and he didn't answer, that says it all.

He should have the decency to tell the promoter that he could not judge the show because of a conflict of interest.

Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2007, 06:53:30 PM »
Considering he judges so should appear more professional than the general population, his comments are female bodybuilders faces on that blog perhaps weren't the best. In the spirit of politeness I will say no more, but it is an epic example of "those in glass houses should not throw stones".

The Coach

« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2007, 06:53:49 PM »
Ron remove your lips from Bui's balls. That's an idiotic statement. You're sounding like him, it doesn't matter if she was the clear winner of the class. It sends the wrong message whether she is first or fifth. He had no problem not judging the Jr. Cal and other cali show, why did he have to judge this show, especially since his GF was competing? She not winning the overall is irrelevant. I point blank asked him if he voted for her in the overall and he didn't answer, that says it all.

He should have the decency to tell the promoter that he could not judge the show because of a conflict of interest.

Is it any worse than having the Olympia fixed for the last sixteen years??

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2007, 07:13:12 PM »
Considering he judges so should appear more professional than the general population, his comments are female bodybuilders faces on that blog perhaps weren't the best. In the spirit of politeness I will say no more, but it is an epic example of "those in glass houses should not throw stones".

where you been?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »

But it didn't matter, I was there, and his girl clearly won that class.  She didn't win the overall.

Hi Eryk

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

Does anyone know if Eryk(the clown) put out the fire with his big shoe?

Opps sorry wrong topic....Does anyone know if Eryk voted for his girl to win the overall?