Author Topic: AHAHAHA... Another Republican Bites the Dust!!! Another Republican Bites The...  (Read 8375 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Not defending him by anymeans, but one persons career get ruined by his actions, it's only fair that anothers should get ruined as well, especially if that offence is alot worse than what Craig was accused for...........the title of this thread should say it all!

I thought you were a Bush supporter? It sounds to me like you're advocating impeachment?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

This from the man who had a kannipshit over a mutually consentual heterosexual liason that stained a blue dress?

::)  Which has absolutely nothing to do with my post. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Good.  And remember, he's not gay, he just has sex with anonymous men in public bathrooms.   ::)

Sen. Craig announces resignationStory Highlights

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Larry Craig said Saturday he will resign, succumbing to rapidly intensifying pressure from within his own Republican Party.

Sen. Larry Craig, shown here in a 2005 photograph, is facing calls to leave the Senate.

"The people of Idaho deserve a senator who can devote 100 percent of his time and effort to the critical issues of our state and of our nation," said Craig, speaking under a clear blue sky at 10:30 a.m. (12:30 p.m. ET) outside the historic Boise Depot in Idaho's capital city.

"Therefore it is with sadness and deep regret that I announce that it is my intent to resign from the Senate, effective September 30th."

His announcement was greeted by some applause from the gathering.

Craig had been under intense pressure to quit since news surfaced this week that he was arrested in June in a men's room at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and in August pleaded guilty to a disorderly conduct charge related to the arrest.

An officer investigating reports of lewd behavior in a an airport restroom arrested him.

In a post-arrest police recording released Thursday, Craig denied that he was trying to engage in lewd behavior in the airport restroom and suggested he was entrapped by the arresting officer, who alleged Craig had made signals used by men cruising for sex.

"I sit down to go to the bathroom, and you said our feet bumped," Craig told the officer. "I believe they did ... because I reached down and scooted over and the next thing I knew, under the bathroom divider comes a card that says 'police.' "

Craig said he was in the restroom for its intended purpose and told the officers,"I am not gay. I don't do these kinds of things."

"You shouldn't be out to entrap people either," Craig said.  Listen to the interview »

The officer accused Craig of lying during the contentious, eight-minute session.

"I'm just disappointed in you, sir," the officer said. "I mean, people vote for you."

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Friday called Craig's conduct "unforgivable" and acknowledged that many in his caucus believed Craig should resign.

"We have acted promptly to begin the process of dealing with this conduct," McConnell said. "We will see what happens in the coming days."

Craig's guilty plea to the misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge came earlier in August, according to state criminal records.

Craig told reporters Tuesday he did not take part in "inappropriate conduct" and said he had "overreacted and made a poor decision" in pleading guilty. No sexual contact is alleged to have taken place.

Craig is a three-term senator who has aligned himself with conservative groups that oppose gay rights.  Watch as pressure mounts from fellow Republicans for Craig to resign »

Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter will name an interim replacement to serve until next year's election. Otter will most certainly name a fellow Republican, who will have a major edge in the 2008 contest, because Idaho is a heavily Republican state.

Republicans familiar with the situation told The Associated Press that Otter supported Lt. Gov. Jim Risch to replace Craig. But Otter's spokesman said the governor would not comment before Craig's announcement Saturday and Risch denied being tapped for the position, the AP reports.

"I have not been promised the job of U.S. senator, nor has there even been a hint that the governor would appoint me to that position," Risch told the AP. "At this point in time, that discussion is very premature."

Meanwhile, a SurveyUSA poll Friday showed that 55 percent of Idaho respondents think Craig should step down. The poll of 475 registered Idaho voters was conducted Tuesday. Thirty-four percent of the 475 respondents said Craig should remain in office.

Craig, 62 and married, earlier this week stepped down from his role in the presidential campaign of Republican Mitt Romney, as well as committee assignments in the Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/09/01/craig.arrest/index.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Sen Craig was a good man who had his name dragged through the mud for political reasons :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Craig Arrested, Pleads Guilty Following Incident in Airport Restroom
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »
Here’s a clue:

I’m not in the closet so I (like most gay men) have no need to connect in public rest rooms.  I have no problems hooking up in a bar, getting set up by friends, running a personal ad (with my face showing), getting asked out in a gay gym, etc.  Public bathroom sex is for closeted bi--often married--guys who can’t accept their attraction to other men. 

I’m sure you are familiar with the type:  they patronize body building events, buy the magazines & videos and participate in on-line message boards about huge muscle men who oil up, wear thongs, and pose to music for your “entertainment.”  Sound familiar?  Have a look in the mirror... I'm sure you'll recognize him.   ;)

There might be a grain (or more) of truth to this:

Arnold, in his prime, is about as close to a god on Earth as you'll get.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2007, 12:35:23 AM »
Here’s a clue:

I’m not in the closet so I (like most gay men) have no need to connect in public rest rooms.  I have no problems hooking up in a bar, getting set up by friends, running a personal ad (with my face showing), getting asked out in a gay gym, etc.  Public bathroom sex is for closeted bi--often married--guys who can’t accept their attraction to other men. 

I’m sure you are familiar with the type:  they patronize body building events, buy the magazines & videos and participate in on-line message boards about huge muscle men who oil up, wear thongs, and pose to music for your “entertainment.”  Sound familiar?  Have a look in the mirror... I'm sure you'll recognize him.   ;)
::) most of your posts are pretty good, but for shit sake, no way we all meet this profile...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: AHAHAHA... Another Republican Bites the Dust!!! Another Republican Bites Th
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2007, 02:08:27 PM »
I assume Craig will do the right thing, divorce and go live with his gay lover.

Living a lie is wrong.
As empty as paradise

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2007, 07:57:45 AM »
I assume Craig will do the right thing, divorce and go live with his gay lover.

Living a lie is wrong.

Is it a lie if you do not know you are lying?  Denial doesn't just happen in movies and on television; it is a real and powerful phenomenon.  :(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2007, 08:17:30 AM »
::) most of your posts are pretty good, but for shit sake, no way we all meet this profile...

If a long time (and by your own estimation a) credible source tells you something you do not want to believe something’s got to give: the credibility of your source or your own beliefs.  70% of bodybuilding fans are not as straight as they think they are.  I would not say this of other sports, but it is certainly true of body building.  Senator Craig still thinks he is straight.  Do you think he is?  After you answer that question, you can connect the dots of that analog...  :-\

We have a saying where I come from: don't listen to what people say; listen to what they do.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2007, 09:53:36 AM »
70% of bodybuilding fans are not as straight as they think they are. 
What the fuck, did you do a survey :-\ 70% huh  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
What the fuck, did you do a survey :-\ 70% huh  ::)

just thinking the same thing - where'd he pull that # from?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Sen. Craig may reconsider resignation, spokesman says

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho may reconsider his resignation if he is cleared of a disorderly conduct charge to which he pleaded guilty last month, his spokesman told CNN on Tuesday.

Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, announced his resignation Saturday in Boise, Idaho.

1 of 2  Dan Whiting said it was still the GOP senator's intention to resign effective September 30, "however, he is fighting these charges and should he be cleared before then, he may -- I emphasize may -- not resign."

Craig announced his resignation Saturday after almost a week of speculation.

The Republican senator was arrested in a restroom in June at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on suspicion of making sexual advances to an undercover police officer in the next stall.

Craig denied the accusation, and is heard doing so on an audiotape released by police.

But on August 8, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.

Since then, Craig has said he regrets pleading guilty and has hired legal counsel to try to get the guilty plea expunged. 

A source familiar with Craig's legal proceedings said no paperwork has been filed to change his guilty plea.

Idaho Gov. Butch Otter learned of the senator's possible reconsideration while Otter was shooting a public service announcement, his spokesman, Jon Hanian said.

Otter is to choose a replacement for Craig if he leaves office.

. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/09/04/craig.reconsideration/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Sep 10, 10:08 AM EDT

Craig blames press for his plea

By MATT APUZZO
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Larry Craig should be allowed to withdraw his guilty plea in a sex sting because he was under extreme stress after being hounded by journalists asking questions about his sexuality, his lawyer argues.

Craig, an Idaho Republican, pleaded guilty in August to disorderly conduct following a sting operation in a men's bathroom at the Minneapolis airport. His lawyer, William Martin, said he will file court documents Monday trying to undo that decision so Craig can fight the charge.

Martin said Monday that Craig did not "knowingly and intelligently enter a guilty plea." The senator simply admitted conduct that "itself does not constitute a crime," Martin said.

"He admits to going into the bathroom, he admits to moving his foot, he admits to reaching his hand down," Martin said on NBC's "Today" show. "That's not a crime."

Persuading a judge to withdraw a guilty plea is difficult but Craig will argue that he was under too much stress to knowingly plead guilty, Martin said.

"He was under tremendous pressure," Martin said in a telephone interview.

In particular, Martin cited pressure from Craig's hometown newspaper, the Idaho Statesman, which spent months investigating whether Craig engaged in homosexual encounters.

Craig, who has denied such suggestions and accused the newspaper of conducting a "witch hunt," was so concerned about that investigation, he quickly pleaded guilty when arrested in the bathroom sex sting, Martin said. Craig did not consult with a lawyer or appear in court.

He figured, "I'm innocent but if this will make it go away I'll do it," Martin said.

A police report alleged that Craig had solicited sex from a male officer at the Minneapolis airport in June.

Patrick Hogan, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Airports Commission, which runs the airport, declined to comment on Martin's arguments.

"We do feel we have a strong case, and he's already made his plea, and it's been accepted by the court," Hogan said Monday. "From our standpoint, this is already a done deal. Mr. Craig was arrested and signed a guilty plea, and from our standpoint, this case is already over."

Craig will argue in court documents that he cannot have pleaded guilty since what he did was not illegal. The police officer said Craig bumped his foot, then tried to signal him with hand gestures beneath the stall divider.

Craig maintains he inadvertently touched the officer's foot but made no hand gestures. He said he was merely picking up a piece of paper.

"Even if you accept that he did what he did, it's not a crime," Martin said.

Martin said he was not involved in discussions about Craig's future in the Senate. Craig originally announced he would resign at the end of the month, then said he was reconsidering that decision. His chief spokesman later said Craig had dropped virtually all notions of trying to finish his third term.

"My job is to get him back to where he was before his rights were taken away," Martin said.

Craig's congressional spokesman has said the only way that Craig is likely to remain in the Senate is if a court moves quickly to overturn the conviction, something that is unlikely to happen before the end of the month.

But Judy Smith, a spokeswoman for Craig's legal team, said the lawyers are focused only on the Minnesota case, not political outcomes.

Many Republicans have urged Craig to say for sure that he will resign. That would spare the party an ethics dilemma and the embarrassment of dealing with a colleague who had been stripped of his committee leadership posts.

It also would negate the need for a Senate ethics committee investigation, which GOP leaders had requested.

If Craig succeeds in undoing his plea, he would likely try to have the charges dismissed to avoid an embarrassing trial.

Appearing on CNN's "Late Edition," Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said Craig is entitled to his day in court.

"Maybe he'll be convicted, but I doubt it," said Specter, the Senate Judiciary Committee's ranking Republican.

Specter said that when he learned the details of the arrest "I was convinced that he couldn't be convicted if he fought the case."

Minnesota law is that a guilty plea may be withdrawn if it was not intelligently made "and what Sen. Craig did was by no means intelligent," said Specter.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CRAIG_SENATE?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Court grants Sen. Craig hearing on sex charge
Tue Sep 11, 5:22 PM ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A Minnesota court on Tuesday granted U.S. Sen. Larry Craig a hearing on his request to let him take back the guilty plea he made after his arrest in a men's room sex sting.

The Hennepin County District Court said the hearing would be held on September 26 at a courthouse in Edina, a town near Minneapolis -- just days before the September 30 deadline the Idaho Republican set for himself to resign if his name is not cleared.

The announcement came a day after lawyers for the three-term senator filed a motion in court saying he pleaded guilty to the charge against him because he panicked under intense anxiety and fear of publicity, and is innocent of wrongdoing.

Craig, 62, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in August, was ordered to pay $575 and given a 10-day suspended sentence.

He was arrested on June 11 at the Minneapolis airport by an undercover officer who said Craig peeked into his stall, sat down in the stall next to him, tapped his foot and later brushed it against his and reached his hand under the divider in an effort to solicit a sexual encounter.

Under pressure from Republicans, who lost control of Congress last year following a string of scandals, Craig announced his intention to resign effective September 30, but indicated he might not do so if he could clear his name.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070911/pl_nm/usa_politics_craig_dc;_ylt=ApA_dutwUm0uasK3iVaYU1Ia.3QA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Prosecutor: Craig Urged to Get a Lawyer

JOSHUA FREED | September 24, 2007 07:10 PM EST | 

MINNEAPOLIS — The prosecutor who brought charges against Sen. Larry Craig in an airport sex sting says he told the Idaho senator that he should hire an attorney, according to court papers filed Monday.

Prosecutor Christopher Renz, in a motion opposing Craig's request to withdraw his guilty plea, wrote that he spent considerable time in a July 17 conversation telling the Idaho senator how the legal process would work if he chose to plead guilty.

"The defendant told Mr. Renz that he felt he was in a difficult situation as the result of the public office he held, in response to which Mr. Renz said that he appreciated that difficulty and for that reason the defendant should consult with an attorney," Renz wrote.

Craig, R-Idaho, did not, and eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct. He has since said that he was panicked into admitting to a crime he did not commit. A Hennepin County judge is set to consider Craig's request on Wednesday.

Renz wrote that Craig had plenty of time between his June 11 arrest and Aug. 1, when he signed a plea petition, to think about the consequences of pleading guilty and whether he had actually committed a crime in the airport bathroom.

Craig's arrest and guilty plea weren't reported in the news media until Aug. 27. On Sept. 1, Craig announced plans to resign by Sept. 30. He later suggested he might stay in the Senate if he could successfully overturn his plea.

Renz wrote that Craig didn't decide to withdraw his plea until after he was hurt by the publicity of the allegations. Denying his motion "prevents further politicking and game playing on the part of the defendant in relation to his plea," Renz wrote.

Craig clearly "had hoped that he could plead guilty and that the plea would not be discovered by the media or public," Renz wrote. "The defendant chose to plead guilty and consciously took that risk. The defendant's current pursuit of withdrawal of his guilty plea is reactionary, calculated and political."

Judy Smith, a spokeswoman for Craig's lawyer, Billy Martin, said, "Our response to the prosecutor's motion will be in court."

Craig was arrested by an undercover police officer in a sting in an airport bathroom known as a meeting place for anonymous sex. The officer alleged Craig peered into his stall, slid his foot under a divider to touch the officer's, and swiped his hand under the divider as a signal that he was soliciting sex. In a plea bargain, Craig admitted to disorderly conduct and paid $575 in fines and fees. A gross misdemeanor charge of interfering with privacy was dismissed.

According to the prosecutor's filing, Craig called Renz several times as the case proceeded, starting even before charges were filed.

In a June 25 call, Craig asked Renz how the case would proceed. Renz wrote in an affidavit that he told the senator that if his criminal record was clean, he would probably be able to plead guilty to disorderly conduct with the other charge being dismissed.

Craig never appeared "to have a tone or sense of urgency, panic or overt emotion," Renz wrote in an affidavit.

Renz also wrote that Craig should not be able to claim he was ignorant about his guilty plea. Craig has a college degree, has served in Congress for 30 years, and has sponsored or co-sponsored at least 10 bills that dealt with criminal law, Renz wrote.

Renz warned of a "deluge" of defendants who would ask to withdraw guilty pleas if Craig succeeds. The prosecutor said his office was contacted by a defendant trying to withdraw his plea soon after Craig announced that he regretted pleading guilty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070924/craig-senate/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
How can this man be trusted to make laws spending billions of dollars - yet he claims he cannot understand a single misdemeanor charge?  This is silly.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2007, 01:17:52 PM »
BUMP  for the lib hating brainwashed lobby.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
"Cruise" Control: Straight Talk on the True Nature of Homosexual Behavior
By Austin Nimocks - legal counsel for Alliance Defense Fund (townhall.com)
Friday, September 28, 2007

While Washington, D.C., and the American media have seen fit to take Idaho Senator Larry Craig to task for his misdemeanor guilty plea and subsequent attempt to withdraw it, there seems to be a convenient lack of discussion on why an otherwise seemingly well-adjusted, successful politician, who is married with children, would proposition a same-sex encounter in a public restroom. Is homosexual behavior the exclusive province of those who openly declare themselves to be "gay" or "lesbian," or is it simply an example of impulsive and imperfect human conduct?

In the legal arena, many groups attempting to further the homosexual agenda dodge this critical question. And the media will hardly touch it. But there it is: the elephant in the middle of the room that must be addressed, just as the Alliance Defense Fund has routinely done in its legal briefs defending marriage and the family. Political special interests filing lawsuits shouldn't trump what's in the best interest of families and children, who are affected by such things. This is the very issue that ADF and others are up against: the use of the courts to further an image that may not be reality and the ramifications that come from that when it comes to these issues.

For those of us who have been involved in these issues for years, the Senator Craig story portrays an actual and true sense of mainstream homosexual conduct. Those pushing the homosexual agenda, including their accomplices in the media, typically portray presentable and socially successful persons who have purportedly made a lifelong and stable commitment to another person of the same sex. Over time, the American people have been lulled into the belief that all persons engaged in homosexual behavior are open about, committed to, and comfortable with their choice. Such is why a growing number of heterosexual Americans are sympathetic to the perceived "rights" of those who engage in homosexual conduct.

However, for all of the clamoring about "rights" (demands, in reality) and the acceptance of behavior that they supposedly have no choice about, homosexual advocates have no proof. The elusive "gay gene" remains a figment of scientific imagination but cleverly slipped into society's stream of consciousness such that we are asked to believe that it exists. Yet, the science (or lack thereof) in this regard is unmistakable. A recent study by Columbia University published in the American Journal of Sociology concluded that the existence of any relationship between genes and hormones on "sexual orientation" is "inconclusive at best." Moreover, a myriad of publications like the Journal of Sex Research, Developmental Psychology, and the Journal of Clinical Psychology (just to name a few) have all published studies concluding that homosexual conduct is not immutable but comes in behavioral phases.

Though the American Psychological Association elected to remove homosexual behavior from its list of mental disorders, surprisingly lacking is the scientific proof showing it to be anything but inappropriate or unnatural human conduct. Rather, the APA dismissively says that "sexual orientation falls along a continuum. In other words, someone does not have to be exclusively homosexual or heterosexual, but can feel varying degrees of attraction for both genders" (www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/facts.pdf). Thus, homosexual behavior is just that—behavior.

What the Larry Craig story brought to light, in a way untouched by others, is the true story of homosexual behavior. When the advocates of homosexual expression attempt to sell us the all-American pictures of lifelong, committed same-sex couples, who participate in intimate behavior only in their bedrooms, it is important to know that this is the exception—not the rule. In their book The Homosexual Agenda, ADF President Alan Sears and co-author Craig Osten quote lesbian writer Camille Paglia:

"After a period of optimism about the long-range potential of gay men's one-on-one relationships, gay magazines are starting to acknowledge the more relaxed standards operating here, with recent articles celebrating the bigger bang of sex with strangers or proposing "monogamy without fidelity"—the latest Orwellian formulation to excuse having your cake and eating it too."

Homosexual "cruising," like that to which Larry Craig pled guilty, comprises an extraordinary amount of intimate, homosexual behavioral encounters in and amongst public society every day (www.popcenter.org/Problems/PDFs/Schultz_1998.pdf). So much so, that even the American Civil Liberties Union, in the context of the Larry Craig situation, came to the defense of such behavior as "constitutionally protected speech."

Lest we believe that the men's rooms in the Minneapolis airport are the only places that this type of conduct occurs, the Larry Craig case is merely the tip of the iceberg. "Cruising" can be found all over the country. In one study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of a major metropolitan area in the northwestern United States, 88% of men infected with STDs were engaging in homosexual behavior at public but anonymous venues such as bath houses. In another study by the CDC, 64% of men who contracted an STD were having sex with men in public places.

Still have doubt about the prevalence of "cruising"? Then consider the Little Black Book published by Lambda Legal (data.lambdalegal.org/pdf/262.pdf). The Little Black Book is a disturbing example of one of this country's largest homosexual behavior advocacy groups offering legal advice on how to "safely" act both illegally and unsafely. When the Little Black Book warns that "Remember cops may be 'cruising' too," I suppose that this is what Lambda Legal considers good, well-reasoned advice. Instead of helping its followers engage in illegal homosexual behavior, one would think Lambda Legal would genuinely attempt to help those about whom it professes to care by warning of the dangers of "cruising" and discouraging it as a practice.

Recently, significant news on the issue of "cruising" came forth from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where the mayor remains under extraordinary public scrutiny for suggesting measures to curb the out-of-control homosexual "cruising" in his city. After all, with him alleging that his city has the highest HIV infection ratio from homosexual conduct in the country, you would think that the mayor's efforts would be applauded, not condemned, especially by the homosexual community. However, Fort Lauderdale's problems bring to light the true face of homosexual behavior—anonymous and multiple sexual encounters in public places—something that the advocates of homosexual behavior do not want exposed.

The arrest of Larry Craig and the focus on him as a public figure recalls a few other public figures who pass in and out of homosexual behavior. To name just a few, Hollywood actress Anne Heche, one time same-sex partner of Ellen DeGeneres, subsequently married a man. Pop singer, Elton John, once married to a woman, now professes to be a homosexual. Actress Drew Barrymore has publicly pronounced that she is bisexual, as has Academy Award winner, Angelina Jolie. Can we really scientifically explain these sexual chameleons, and so many others, with inconsistent behavioral histories? Are we to believe that their "gay gene" is malfunctioning?

In the end, those who profess to be "gay" or "lesbian," or who have otherwise slipped in and out of homosexual behavior, including "cruising" for anonymous partners, are people who succumb to a dangerous temptation. We should not accept as genetics that which is a choice.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"Cruise" Control: Straight Talk on the True Nature of Homosexual Behavior
By Austin Nimocks - legal counsel for Alliance Defense Fund (townhall.com)
Friday, September 28, 2007

While Washington, D.C., and the American media have seen fit to take Idaho Senator Larry Craig to task for his misdemeanor guilty plea and subsequent attempt to withdraw it, there seems to be a convenient lack of discussion on why an otherwise seemingly well-adjusted, successful politician, who is married with children, would proposition a same-sex encounter in a public restroom. Is homosexual behavior the exclusive province of those who openly declare themselves to be "gay" or "lesbian," or is it simply an example of impulsive and imperfect human conduct?

In the legal arena, many groups attempting to further the homosexual agenda dodge this critical question. And the media will hardly touch it. But there it is: the elephant in the middle of the room that must be addressed, just as the Alliance Defense Fund has routinely done in its legal briefs defending marriage and the family. Political special interests filing lawsuits shouldn't trump what's in the best interest of families and children, who are affected by such things. This is the very issue that ADF and others are up against: the use of the courts to further an image that may not be reality and the ramifications that come from that when it comes to these issues.

For those of us who have been involved in these issues for years, the Senator Craig story portrays an actual and true sense of mainstream homosexual conduct. Those pushing the homosexual agenda, including their accomplices in the media, typically portray presentable and socially successful persons who have purportedly made a lifelong and stable commitment to another person of the same sex. Over time, the American people have been lulled into the belief that all persons engaged in homosexual behavior are open about, committed to, and comfortable with their choice. Such is why a growing number of heterosexual Americans are sympathetic to the perceived "rights" of those who engage in homosexual conduct.

However, for all of the clamoring about "rights" (demands, in reality) and the acceptance of behavior that they supposedly have no choice about, homosexual advocates have no proof. The elusive "gay gene" remains a figment of scientific imagination but cleverly slipped into society's stream of consciousness such that we are asked to believe that it exists. Yet, the science (or lack thereof) in this regard is unmistakable. A recent study by Columbia University published in the American Journal of Sociology concluded that the existence of any relationship between genes and hormones on "sexual orientation" is "inconclusive at best." Moreover, a myriad of publications like the Journal of Sex Research, Developmental Psychology, and the Journal of Clinical Psychology (just to name a few) have all published studies concluding that homosexual conduct is not immutable but comes in behavioral phases.

Though the American Psychological Association elected to remove homosexual behavior from its list of mental disorders, surprisingly lacking is the scientific proof showing it to be anything but inappropriate or unnatural human conduct. Rather, the APA dismissively says that "sexual orientation falls along a continuum. In other words, someone does not have to be exclusively homosexual or heterosexual, but can feel varying degrees of attraction for both genders" (www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/facts.pdf). Thus, homosexual behavior is just that—behavior.

What the Larry Craig story brought to light, in a way untouched by others, is the true story of homosexual behavior. When the advocates of homosexual expression attempt to sell us the all-American pictures of lifelong, committed same-sex couples, who participate in intimate behavior only in their bedrooms, it is important to know that this is the exception—not the rule. In their book The Homosexual Agenda, ADF President Alan Sears and co-author Craig Osten quote lesbian writer Camille Paglia:

"After a period of optimism about the long-range potential of gay men's one-on-one relationships, gay magazines are starting to acknowledge the more relaxed standards operating here, with recent articles celebrating the bigger bang of sex with strangers or proposing "monogamy without fidelity"—the latest Orwellian formulation to excuse having your cake and eating it too."

Homosexual "cruising," like that to which Larry Craig pled guilty, comprises an extraordinary amount of intimate, homosexual behavioral encounters in and amongst public society every day (www.popcenter.org/Problems/PDFs/Schultz_1998.pdf). So much so, that even the American Civil Liberties Union, in the context of the Larry Craig situation, came to the defense of such behavior as "constitutionally protected speech."

Lest we believe that the men's rooms in the Minneapolis airport are the only places that this type of conduct occurs, the Larry Craig case is merely the tip of the iceberg. "Cruising" can be found all over the country. In one study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of a major metropolitan area in the northwestern United States, 88% of men infected with STDs were engaging in homosexual behavior at public but anonymous venues such as bath houses. In another study by the CDC, 64% of men who contracted an STD were having sex with men in public places.

Still have doubt about the prevalence of "cruising"? Then consider the Little Black Book published by Lambda Legal (data.lambdalegal.org/pdf/262.pdf). The Little Black Book is a disturbing example of one of this country's largest homosexual behavior advocacy groups offering legal advice on how to "safely" act both illegally and unsafely. When the Little Black Book warns that "Remember cops may be 'cruising' too," I suppose that this is what Lambda Legal considers good, well-reasoned advice. Instead of helping its followers engage in illegal homosexual behavior, one would think Lambda Legal would genuinely attempt to help those about whom it professes to care by warning of the dangers of "cruising" and discouraging it as a practice.

Recently, significant news on the issue of "cruising" came forth from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where the mayor remains under extraordinary public scrutiny for suggesting measures to curb the out-of-control homosexual "cruising" in his city. After all, with him alleging that his city has the highest HIV infection ratio from homosexual conduct in the country, you would think that the mayor's efforts would be applauded, not condemned, especially by the homosexual community. However, Fort Lauderdale's problems bring to light the true face of homosexual behavior—anonymous and multiple sexual encounters in public places—something that the advocates of homosexual behavior do not want exposed.

The arrest of Larry Craig and the focus on him as a public figure recalls a few other public figures who pass in and out of homosexual behavior. To name just a few, Hollywood actress Anne Heche, one time same-sex partner of Ellen DeGeneres, subsequently married a man. Pop singer, Elton John, once married to a woman, now professes to be a homosexual. Actress Drew Barrymore has publicly pronounced that she is bisexual, as has Academy Award winner, Angelina Jolie. Can we really scientifically explain these sexual chameleons, and so many others, with inconsistent behavioral histories? Are we to believe that their "gay gene" is malfunctioning?

In the end, those who profess to be "gay" or "lesbian," or who have otherwise slipped in and out of homosexual behavior, including "cruising" for anonymous partners, are people who succumb to a dangerous temptation. We should not accept as genetics that which is a choice.

Drew Barrymore is bisexual?  :o  I'm always the last one to find this stuff out.   :)

Good article.  It seems the bathhouse behavior has reemerged.  :-\

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Drew Barrymore is bisexual?  :o  I'm always the last one to find this stuff out.   :)

lol  ;D  haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa