Author Topic: My, my how things have changed!!  (Read 8721 times)

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
Re: My, my how things have changed!!
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »
If a poll was taken among Getbiggers with the question being: Which physique would you rather have? Cutler's or Mentzer's? IMO, Mike would win by a landslide.

I would love to have Mentzer's physique maybe even smaller for everyday (actually a fair bit smaller for everyday)/

Chick wat would u rather have Mentzer or Cutler physique if u had choice?

Mentzer was ahead of his time, if he continued to compete instead of retiring would have won an Olympia and looked friggin humungous.

In regards to popularity, i think the sport is bigger because of the supplement industry and also the emphasis on 'looks' in our pathetic society (im talking bout people going to gym for looking good at bars and not love of this sport)...these clowns indirectly come across Bodybuilding, its stars, etc.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2007, 11:07:47 PM »
If my toilet was a person then im going to jail for 1st degree murder...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2007, 11:12:05 PM »
Absolutely...unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. All sports get bigger, faster, stronger...

It's a combination of the judging rewarding such extremes, and the athletes trying to achieve an extreme look thats being rewarded....

that is actually the problem with bodybuilding...we are chasing an ideal that can never be truly fulfilled cos we either wanna be 'even' more ripped or 'even' bigger.

So when taken to an extreme level like the pro's....ofcourse everyone will do watever it takes, otherwise whats the point.

and if the judging didnt reward those doing well, well then that would be even worse.

what a normal person thinks is big (some skinny dude thats 'kinda' lean) and what bodybuilders think is big (which can never be satisfied) are two different things and two different mentalities.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2007, 11:14:14 PM »
That's the paradox....the fans want to see freaks for the most part, the ideals of symmetry and proportion and poise is nostalgic and all, but the fans arent willing to support it, either....

yes, i remember at the aussie show in like 2004, seeing Markus Ruhl for the first time and i was just focused on him cos he was a FREAK. the biggest I had scene at a show...I would have given the win to him...when i saw the pictures he didnt look as impressive, but on stage it just blows u away that monster size.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2007, 11:19:31 PM »

also about the cardio thing,,i dont even look at  a cardio machine untill i wanna be 3-4% ,,ANYONE CAN GET TO 6% WITH OUT DOING CARDIO,,ANY ONE THAT HAS A PENIS BETWEEN HIS LEGS

thanks you very much and good morning :)

what about a natural with slow metabolism?

also, will u ever reveal who u are?
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2007, 10:06:15 AM »
Didn't alot of the old-timers not do any cardio at all? I don't really see why it is necessary; you can always just lower your calories. If for instance you walk on a treadmill for 1 hour and burn 500 calories, I don't see how the result would be any different than if you just ate 500 cals less during the day.

Cardio will promote conversion of T4 (fairly inactive thyroid hormone) to T3 (active) which will aid fat loss.  Reduced calories are necessary of course, but the benefit of the cardio isn't so much the caloric cost of the excercise, it's the improved hormonal profile which will burn fat all day long given the right diet.

I don't have any "principals" or anything, but that's my understanding.  This being Getbig, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  ;)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2007, 02:52:18 PM »
then and now...gotta love the guts now  ::)
Squishy face retard

The Coach

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »
 ;D

The Coach

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2007, 02:59:02 PM »

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2007, 02:59:26 PM »
coach
what would your guestimate of ronnies waist in the above picture?  34"?   36"?  and what is chest measure...
i think he's like 5'10"

The Coach

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2007, 03:04:38 PM »
coach
what would your guestimate of ronnies waist in the above picture?  34"?   36"?  and what is chest measure...
i think he's like 5'10"

At 5'10 and say 280-290......38 maybe 40

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »
At 5'10 and say 280-290......38 maybe 40

thanks, best wishes on your show

The Coach

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »
thanks, best wishes on your show

Thank you!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »
coach
what would your guestimate of ronnies waist in the above picture?  34"?   36"?  and what is chest measure...
i think he's like 5'10"

Remember that Arnold had a waist of 34''.

So my guess is that Ronnie's waist's around 40-42 inches.

Cutler's waist is probably in that neighborhood as well.

Melvin Anthony claimed a legit 27'' waist a few years back. I doubt he's got that today. If his waist is under 30 inches in contest shape I would be surprised.

And sucking in the gut doesn't count.
As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »
it's gotta be 40-42 at that height and weight for both of them and no suckin it.  then dennis's must be 46-48

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »
That's the paradox....the fans want to see freaks for the most part, the ideals of symmetry and proportion and poise is nostalgic and all, but the fans arent willing to support it, either....

Yes we are there just aren't as many good smaller dudes as there used to be.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2007, 04:00:05 PM »
If my toilet was a person then im going to jail for 1st degree murder...

;D Freak.
a

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »

Here wego again....

"all the gear in the world doesn't make a pitbull out of a chihuahua"

It will certainly make a JUICED chihuahua......

try it and you'll see

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2007, 12:18:35 PM »
I came to the realization of walking into several gyms where pro's train (including mine) and watching how things changed over the years. And yes Bob, after 30 years I know exactly what I'm talking about and how training and gear has changed the industry.

I'd reply to your responses, but I don't have time to be clicking back and forth because you can't seperate my quote from your posts!!

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but i've been outta loop of things in here for awhile.......Are you, THE COACH, Joe McNeil ? Of Flex Wheeler's and Dexter Jackson's trainer fame?
Just checking.....
Reservations at Dorsia ?