Author Topic: Bush Actively Concealed WMD Information Prior to Iraq War  (Read 10027 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Bush Actively Concealed WMD Information Prior to Iraq War
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »
Allegations are coming out that President Bush actively concealed and changed evidence that Iraq did not have WMDs in the run up to war.  …Not a difference of opinion on the evidence, but active, actual concealment and manipulation so that every congressman looking at the best evidence available would conclude that Iraq had WMDs and WMD programs.

Impeach this man so that we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Here are the highlights:

“On Sept. 18, 2002, CIA director George Tenet briefed President Bush in the Oval Office on top-secret intelligence that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction, according to two former senior CIA officers. Bush dismissed as worthless this information from the Iraqi foreign minister, a member of Saddam's inner circle, although it turned out to be accurate in every detail. Tenet never brought it up again.”

“Nor was the intelligence included in the National Intelligence Estimate of October 2002, which stated categorically that Iraq possessed WMD. No one in Congress was aware of the secret intelligence that Saddam had no WMD…The information, moreover, was not circulated within the CIA among those agents involved in operations to prove whether Saddam had WMD.”

“Tenet never shared…(the) intelligence with then Secretary of State Colin Powell. …the intelligence was also never shared with the senior military planning the invasion…Instead, the information was distorted in a report written to fit the preconception that Saddam did have WMD programs.”

http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2007/09/06/bush_wmd/print.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Bush Actively Concealed WMD Information Prior to Iraq War
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:56:45 AM »
Allegations are coming out that President Bush actively concealed and changed evidence that Iraq did not have WMDs in the run up to war.  …Not a difference of opinion on the evidence, but active, actual concealment and manipulation so that every congressman looking at the best evidence available would conclude that Iraq had WMDs and WMD programs.

Impeach this man so that we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Here are the highlights:

“On Sept. 18, 2002, CIA director George Tenet briefed President Bush in the Oval Office on top-secret intelligence that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction, according to two former senior CIA officers. Bush dismissed as worthless this information from the Iraqi foreign minister, a member of Saddam's inner circle, although it turned out to be accurate in every detail. Tenet never brought it up again.”

“Nor was the intelligence included in the National Intelligence Estimate of October 2002, which stated categorically that Iraq possessed WMD. No one in Congress was aware of the secret intelligence that Saddam had no WMD…The information, moreover, was not circulated within the CIA among those agents involved in operations to prove whether Saddam had WMD.”

“Tenet never shared…(the) intelligence with then Secretary of State Colin Powell. …the intelligence was also never shared with the senior military planning the invasion…Instead, the information was distorted in a report written to fit the preconception that Saddam did have WMD programs.”

http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2007/09/06/bush_wmd/print.html

So this "top secret intelligence" was a member of Saddam's regime saying they didn't have WMDs?   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
I try not to get too verbose in the original posting but here's another excerpt from the article that addresses your concern:

"On April 23, 2006, CBS's "60 Minutes" interviewed Tyler Drumheller, the former CIA chief of clandestine operations for Europe, who disclosed that the agency had received documentary intelligence from Naji Sabri, Saddam's foreign minister, that Saddam did not have WMD. "We continued to validate him the whole way through," said Drumheller. "The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming, and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy, to justify the policy."

Both the French intelligence service and the CIA paid Sabri hundreds of thousands of dollars (at least $200,000 in the case of the CIA) to give them documents on Saddam's WMD programs. "The information detailed that Saddam may have wished to have a program, that his engineers had told him they could build a nuclear weapon within two years if they had fissile material, which they didn't, and that they had no chemical or biological weapons," one of the former CIA officers told me.

On the eve of Sabri's appearance at the United Nations in September 2002 to present Saddam's case, the officer in charge of this operation met in New York with a "cutout" who had debriefed Sabri for the CIA. Then the officer flew to Washington, where he met with CIA deputy director John McLaughlin, who was "excited" about the report. Nonetheless, McLaughlin expressed his reservations. He said that Sabri's information was at odds with "our best source." That source was code-named "Curveball," later exposed as a fabricator, con man and former Iraqi taxi driver posing as a chemical engineer."

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 09:54:22 AM »
good credible source, I mean he would have no reason to lie. I can't believe you guys trust Saddams hench men more than your won president
gotta love life

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »
Let's not forget that that this was one person in a large chorus giving Our Dear Leader the same message and let's not also forget that we now know that Hussein did not have WMD's and Bush has admitted this so it's kind of moot at this point to argue about veracity of this single messenger

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:08:11 AM »
good credible source, I mean he would have no reason to lie. I can't believe you guys trust Saddams hench men more than your won president
It was the Bush administration that trusted the source "Curveball"--the iraqi cab driver pretending to be an insider w/ Hussein--b/c he told Bush what Bush wanted to hear:  there are WMDs all over Iraq.

So Bush trusted one of Hussein's henchmen to start the war in the first place...and it was all lies.

Also, Naji Sabri's message of no WMDs was changed to:  there are WMDs in Iraq.  That's troubling.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:24 AM »
All this from the same guys who said ....." There are no Americans in Bagdad"... I think i was 12 miles away. Nothing really new here.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »
All this from the same guys who said ....." There are no Americans in Bagdad"... I think i was 12 miles away. Nothing really new here.

lol.   :)  Yeah.  I agree.  The source was an Iraqi.  I wouldn't have believed him either. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
One story i heard was that at the 3rd ID TOC, they had stat Tv and saw him say that on CNN and FOX...the Div Arty commander was calling around trying to drop arty on his ass as he was on TV.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 10:47:29 AM »
What are you talking about HH?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »
Bagdad Bob.... ;D
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 11:04:04 AM »
I see.  This guy:  Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf.

But he's not this guy:  Naji Sabri.

That guy Sabri had his intel (no Iraqi WMD) ignored and ultimately reworded by team Bush to state the exact opposite conclusion--that Iraq had WMDs.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »
Neither Beach or I were adressing the particular guy u mentioned. I am sure Bush fit the intel to paint the picture....not new to me. Or it was painted for him. From what I hear about Rummy and his group of shitheads....only what they wanted, got to Bush. Alot of folks Blame Bush..i blame Rummy. 
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 11:08:47 AM »
Bagdad Bob.... ;D

Hahahahahaha!!  I loved that guy.   ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »
Yeah we loved him...we'd go around yelling at each other...Hey we're not here, can we go home now".
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »
Hahahahahaha!!  I loved that guy.   ;D

That's funny because you remind me of that guy.

You both make idiotic statements that blatanly contradict reality leaving one wondering if you (and he) are just goofing or are really that stupid

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 11:24:40 AM »
That's funny because you remind me of that guy.

You both make idiotic statements that blatanly contradict reality leaving one wondering if you (and he) are just goofing or are really that stupid

Aw now isn't this sweet.  I have my very own internet stalker.   :-*

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 11:32:27 AM »
Aw now isn't this sweet.  I have my very own internet stalker.   :-*

don't flatter yourself

you're too stupid to even know the definition of stalking

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 11:36:21 AM »
don't flatter yourself

you're too stupid to even know the definition of stalking

Does this mean I'm off your Christmas list?  :'(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
Does this mean I'm off your Christmas list?  :'(

no I'll still send you those coloring books and crayons that you love so much

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »
no I'll still send you those coloring books and crayons that you love so much

Cool.  And I'll get you a new bong for all those special moments you spend breaking state and federal law.   :)  http://www.bongs-sale.com/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
Cool.  And I'll get you a new bong for all those special moments you spend breaking state and federal law.   :)  http://www.bongs-sale.com/

I don't break any state or federal laws

I'm only going to send you crayons if you promise not to eat them this time

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 12:01:48 PM »
i aint no genius but i got a question for ya tards...

if he had WMDs...why didn't he use em against an invading army now?

he feared bad publicity??  lmao. ::)
carpe` vaginum!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 12:07:47 PM »
I don't know the veracity of this claim but if it's true it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Clearly Bush wanted to invade Iraq and 9/11 was his ticket, it provided the motivation Congress and the general public needed.

Read that Rolling Stone piece, you'll never trust another thing you hear the Bush administration say again. What an absolute disgrace.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »
I don't know the veracity of this claim but if it's true it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Clearly Bush wanted to invade Iraq and 9/11 was his ticket, it provided the motivation Congress and the general public needed.

Read that Rolling Stone piece, you'll never trust another thing you hear the Bush administration says. What an absolute disgrace.
Seymour Hersh, the journalist, has been dead-on with his Bush Administration stories: from Abu Grhaib to the Redirection, he has been on the money.

In a wider sense, the allegations fit the larger neo-fascist impulse that runs through this administration:  top-down control of information to control the other branches of government and the national dialogue.  If all the Congressmen are on the same page re the best evidence available for the existence of WMDs in Iraq, then a Congressional grant of authority to enforce UN disarmament requirements would be a slam dunk.  Once that is secured, the president can exercise his authority as commander and chief to order the attack (he broke international law to do it, but he did have the requisite authority to make the call).