Author Topic: Ode to baby Mahg: Friend Zone Blues.  (Read 4425 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Ode to baby Mahg: Friend Zone Blues.
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:57:29 PM »

.....I'm not sure what you've seen or heard or what advice you will take.

I can just tell you from experience that nice guys are not treated too kindly in the dating world.

If that's what you are, a "nice guy", then so be it.

Just be prepared for all that it entails.

Every nice guy I've known has gotten taken advantage of, used, and generally spit out by the women they've dealt with.

I gave advice to one in general, and explained the whys and wherefores....

Why exactly the women looked at him in a certain way, but it didn't change his behaviour, nor outlook.

He was happy being what he was.

He's still single and living with another trainer in a two bedroom flat near the gym.

(On a side note: if you intend to bring women home, you'd better be living alone)

If you are that nice guy, just accept your fate and eventually you may find a female who appreciates your sentient nature.

Just realize you will have to go through many women to find that one.

Bare your soul and stay true to who you are.

Stay true.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Ode to baby Mahg: Friend Zone Blues.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
Generally, women don't respond well to niceness.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 02:31:39 PM »
I think it all depends on what your looking for. Nice guys with an edge have a major advantage of the bad boy types who eventually turn out to be pricks in the ladies eyes. If your looking to wet your noodle, then I think it pays off to be a little more aggressive versus layed back. An alpha male has a 99.9% chance of scoring with the ladies over someone who is too nice and too layed back. Unfortunatly most women confuse the alpha male with the bad boy and thats the mistake. Then the guy turns out to be a real prick. unfortunate but true.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »
I think it all depends on what your looking for. Nice guys with an edge have a major advantage of the bad boy types who eventually turn out to be pricks in the ladies eyes. If your looking to wet your noodle, then I think it pays off to be a little more aggressive versus layed back. An alpha male has a 99.9% chance of scoring with the ladies over someone who is too nice and too layed back. Unfortunatly most women confuse the alpha male with the bad boy and thats the mistake. Then the guy turns out to be a real prick. unfortunate but true.

Exactly right.

I am the edgy guy with a streak of nice..........just that a woman doesn't see the nice side unless she's with me.

Otherwise I seem more a badboy to the outside eye.

DIV

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 02:40:20 PM »
Exactly right.

I am the edgy guy with a streak of nice..........just that a woman doesn't see the nice side unless she's with me.

Otherwise I seem more a badboy to the outside eye.

DIV
Makes two of us. I get the "you look so mean" line all the time. Who knows. I'm a nice guy :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 02:44:18 PM »
Makes two of us. I get the "you look so mean" line all the time. Who knows. I'm a nice guy :)

Well, I'm not a social person and I am picky about who I talk to.........women and otherwise, so that adds to the perception.

To those I choose to speak with, I'm a decent person.

I'm just not user-friendly and I don't talk to people I don't like.

DIV

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 02:51:26 PM »
Well, I'm not a social person and I am picky about who I talk to.........women and otherwise, so that adds to the perception.

To those I choose to speak with, I'm a decent person.

I'm just not user-friendly and I don't talk to people I don't like.

DIV
Thats cool. At least you know what you want and what your looking for.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »
Thats cool. At least you know what you want and what your looking for.

If you don't know what you want, you don't know what you DON'T want........and that is a PROBLEM.   :-X

DIV

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 02:56:50 PM »
yo div..common now i'm a nice guy.... :)
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 02:59:43 PM »
yo div..common now i'm a nice guy.... :)

Juni,

Make sure to call me later.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
Juni,

Make sure to call me later.

ya home right now?

carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 03:52:21 PM »
ya home right now?

Yes. We can hang tonight or tomorrow.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »
Yes. We can hang tonight or tomorrow.

hangings gonna wait till next sunday...

remember when i work i work monday thru saturday...soo i'll be teaching till 6 pm tomorrow in rockville.. >:(

i have next sunday off.....lets have dinner and maybe hit up a bar then...i'll call ya now...
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 03:56:44 PM »
Been studying all day.....bored shirtless.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 05:31:17 AM »
Peter Parker here,  perenial nice guy, but Venom lurks inside ;D. The funny thing is  I am one of those people who talks to anybody and everybody, yet people are shocked, when they think I'm one way yet they see the other side, Im really just a happy person, and want any woman I'm with to be happy, what's the point of constant fussing and fighting?

I think that women don't know what they want, yet want a bad boy, church boy-good guy, playa, caring man, ass-swipe all in one. I get more attention from women (black) if I am smart-ass or very sarcastic than if I were a nice guy or more laid back than Don Cornelis.  I also believe that women who lack male role models and come from single parent homes are the main ones who contribute to the confusion... 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 08:24:27 AM »
Women like you to mess around w/ them and irritate them to an extent.
Shiet, if you can get under her skin with knowing and making fun of her personal quirks, till she like stamps her foot in frustration, and slaps at you (best if you can dodge it, then she's REALLY FRUSTRATED) - That woman will hump you.  ;)

This is NOT a insult slap your hunting for. No No...

Your to the point  you know a bit what makes her tick if you pull off the first one...

If "Nice" is being super polite and accomadating, never confrontational of ANYTHING about her - Forget it.
Hell, I think WOMEN are geneticly programed to test for and reject taht kind of guy. He wont stand up
for her when the chips are down....

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 09:28:30 AM »
If "Nice" is being super polite and accomadating, never confrontational of ANYTHING about her - Forget it.
Hell, I think WOMEN are geneticly programed to test for and reject taht kind of guy. He wont stand up
for her when the chips are down....

True.

Guys should be sure someone is worth their time as well.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 02:36:02 PM »
True.

Guys should be sure someone is worth their time as well.

Right, she need to have your back & best intrests in mind. Team work or you wont last.

A woman w/ business experience is a big plus. Naive mates are just a ticket to frustration and loss for the both of you.
Need to be able to trust her judgment... Thats  why its not worth dealing with one who has  major emotional issues; they tend to have a platoon of similar friends. It is not worth it no matter what else she has going on.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
Right, she need to have your back & best intrests in mind. Team work or you wont last.

A woman w/ business experience is a big plus. Naive mates are just a ticket to frustration and loss for the both of you.
Need to be able to trust her judgment... Thats  why its not worth dealing with one who has  major emotional issues; they tend to have a platoon of similar friends. It is not worth it no matter what else she has going on.

BINGO!!!

You need to be able to trust a partner's judgement.
There's nothing worse than having to be the eyes, ears, mouth, and brain for someone else.
And if you're the type of man that makes a woman grow a set of balls by necessity, ...shoot yourself now!
before she does it for you
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »
Right, if they cant pull off the best decision (along the lines of what you'd BOTH do) w/ out you there, ya prolly shouldn't be partners. ("Partners" in that respect,  is actually a better term, now than I thik about it than "Married".

TRusting judgment is crucial. esp if ya happen to be 12 time zones apart at that moment.

Many American women (act like they..) don't like to make a decision. Often they have strong feelings that they ain't gona show. They refuse to tip them cards. Next, even worse, they'll pout about what the guy did, and STILL not get to the point. I almost feel better w/ someone who's 1st language is NOT mine - They are MORE TO THE POINT!
Often brutally so, but thats way better then the "READ MY MIND GAME".
 Not ALL American women are like that, but too many young ones are. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 05:38:33 PM »
Right, if they cant pull off the best decision (along the lines of what you'd BOTH do) w/ out you there, ya prolly shouldn't be partners. ("Partners" in that respect,  is actually a better term, now than I thik about it than "Married".

TRusting judgment is crucial. esp if ya happen to be 12 time zones apart at that moment.

Many American women (act like they..) don't like to make a decision. Often they have strong feelings that they ain't gona show. They refuse to tip them cards. Next, even worse, they'll pout about what the guy did, and STILL not get to the point. I almost feel better w/ someone who's 1st language is NOT mine - They are MORE TO THE POINT!
Often brutally so, but thats way better then the "READ MY MIND GAME".
 Not ALL American women are like that, but too many young ones are. 

What's worse than the "READ MY MIND GAME" is those idiots who expect you to play the "READ MY MIND GAME", and can't take it when you tell them point blank both why & how they screwed up. Do I look like a Southern belle? They'll look you straight in the face, smile, and say "Bless you Darrrrling". Me... I'd rather rip the fuckers nuts off!

Don't mind me, ...just doing a little venting, before severing ties.
w

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 05:58:17 PM »
What's worse than the "READ MY MIND GAME" is those idiots who expect you to play the "READ MY MIND GAME", and can't take it when you tell them point blank both why & how they screwed up. Do I look like a Southern belle? They'll look you straight in the face, smile, and say "Bless you Darrrrling". Me... I'd rather rip the fuckers nuts off!

Jag, Language Luv, Language! A jaguar doesn't need to bare her fangs....

By the way, the R&B Artist Avant has a song called "Read Your Mind"...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 06:15:21 PM »
Jag, Language Luv, Language! A jaguar doesn't need to bare her fangs....

She does when she's dealing with a brain dead fucking moron!  >:(

And what about my FUCKING LANGUAGE do you not fucking understand?!

I'm speaking English aren't I?

Tell you what Parker... how about you don't tell me how to speak...
...and I won't tell you which ghetto fabulous brain dead idiot messing with the wrong gang banger to worry about rescuing... deal?

By the way, the R&B Artist Avant has a song called "Read Your Mind"...
w

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 06:30:29 PM »
She does when she's dealing with a brain dead fucking moron!  >:(

And what about my FUCKING LANGUAGE do you not fucking understand?!

I'm speaking English aren't I?

Tell you what Parker... how about you don't tell me how to speak...
...and I won't tell you which ghetto fabulous brain dead idiot messing with the wrong gang banger to worry about rescuing... deal?

:-\. Not used to talking like that, I understand perfectly. But as you said "venting". The last sentence...I don't get?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »

A lot of guys much prefer the above mode. At least they know what up.

Wondering, and letting stuff stew till a climatic volcano of past wrongs blows up, is prolly part of every new relation.
The wonderfull... Don't Fart stage  ;D  It's Very uncomfortable.
Being SO-SO, carefull not to offend that person at first; That it'd be better if each DID let on more...
Some stuff ain't worth it, and PPl kind of will blow up about another thing than whats REALLY eatin' at them to.
Just need to have a good read on someone that your spendin lots of time. Whether a marriage or business of whatever.

When ya really KNOW someone, What they say ain't even as important as tone, expression, body language... etc.
I know EVERY one of the creatures on my village board well enough to know who's lying, hiding something etc regardless of what they say w/ they mouth.

If your close to someone it can get so you can communicate very well, even at a glance. I think certain PPL just have a easier time w/ each other.